PDA

View Full Version : Informational Pickting and Rally After Action

Tim Hennigan
06-28-2007, 12:24 AM
I would like to thank all members of FOP Lodge 29 and IAFF Local 4420 who participated in the informational picketing and rally on Tuesday June 26, 2007.
I was astound at the out pour of support from the community of Pasco County that either acknowledged and/or supported your public safety professionals. For those that couldn’t attend or would not, we understand and respect your stance. But we know a house united will never fall. I hope that you non-believers will at least take notice of the support that others gave you. In attendance were many members who are or were on the bubble for career advancements, and knowing full well that their support of the FOP may hinder that advancement, stood fast on their beliefs and stood tall for all members of the Pasco Sheriff’s Office. Thank you to the many civilian employees of the Pasco Sheriff’s Office that came out and stood with us, I know you all are waiting us out, I can assure you the FOP is there for you too, just call upon us. Thank you to the former employees that stood with us, you will always be our Brothers and Sisters. Thank you to all the family and friends who came out to support us. I want to give special thanks to our Brothers and Sisters from Jacksonville who made a 3 hour or more drive just to support us, Brothers and Sisters from Hernando, Manatee, Charlotte and Pinellas Counties, Brothers and Sisters from Clearwater and Temple Terrence and the Directors of District 3. To all the other Labor organizations that withstood the heat for us, we now proudly call you our Brothers and Sisters. To National President Chuck Canterbury, National Trustee Elect Nelson Cuba and Florida President Jim Preston, thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to support and guide us. We need to take notice of all who made sacrifices to join and support us for our cause. Some of these people don’t even know us but they have a common bond to us, they want us to be proud of the FOP and what we stand for. I hope that some of us look upon ourselves and see that we may be a little selfish to allow these people come and do your work. You need be involved, come to meetings and gatherings of the FOP. Lend your ideas and be a part of your future. The attendance of our last general membership meeting was outstanding; we turned out over 60 meals. Lets make it 80 or 100 meals next month, (Bob you ready?)

Not many may know my that my career is winding down with the Pasco Sheriff’s Office, with only 28 months left, I have only one desire and that is for you to have a collective bargaining contract that is fair to all. I will work hard for you during the remainder of my tenure and after for officers’ rights. That right, is for members of FOP Lodge 29 to have a say in their future and be secure in your job. I was a labor member before Pasco County and I will be a labor member long after. Labor is not negative nor does it have to be adversary. In my years, I have seen Labor and Management stand together fighting for a common goal and that is what is best for all. Just take a look to our north, to our follow Deputies in Hernando County. Their FOP and the Sheriff negotiate face-to-face and work out their own problems themselves. Sure they have their difference and don’t see eye to eye on everything, but they work them out. Isn’t this the only thing we are asking? It really isn’t about money, mailboxes or what ever; it’s about being able to have a contract that is good for all. One that was negotiated in good faith, with no self serving motives, personalities, greed or power from either side. If it is the County who is standing in way of us obtaining a contract, why not take the advise from the Verizon commercial, “The Network” That network is us, the FOP and Management together, again I’ll use the phrase a house that stands united can not fall. I now ask each and every one to come together, we don’t all have to agree on everything, but what we do collectively, we will all benefit, Pasco County Government, Citizens of Pasco and all the members of the Pasco Sheriff’s Office.

06-28-2007, 12:44 AM
I would like to acknowledge John Connolly and Mark Mitchell for their hard work preparing for the rally. It was these two members who secured the presence of the National President Chuck Canterbury as well as the presence of the other visiting dignitaries.

President Canterbury was impressed with the work our boards have done up to this point. He gave some suggestions on future projects, and sincerely believes that we will get a contract.

To those of you who have not been able to attend one of the two sessions, there are plenty of other ways you can assist your labor boards. If you do not feel comfortable standing holding signs, volunteer your time or other talents to the boards.

There is much left to do on the labor side, and our elected boards need our support!

Thanks to the fraternal boards for their assistance, and for opening the lodge after the rally.

Tim Hennigan
06-28-2007, 01:02 AM
Thank you Brother/Sister, I am getting old, There were so many members who could be singled out for their hard work for our Labor, I know that Brother Connolly and Brother Mitchell are the body and foundation of our FOP Labor, we can never thank them enough for the work they do behind the scenes. I am guilty as charged, I guess I take them for granted casue I am in constant contact with them. But Yes, Thank You John and Mark, but its not only me to thank them, every member should make it a point to thank them and support them and FOP Lodge 29