PDA

View Full Version : TIME TO STAND UP, KEVIN

06-27-2007, 05:54 PM
KEVIN, JOHN, JIM

NOW IS THE TIME TO STAND UP AND BE MEN, STATE WHAT YOU INTENDED TO DO AND IF YOU STILL PLAN ON GOING THRU WITH IT. FACE THE MEN AND WOMEN YOU REPRESENT AND ANSWER THIER QUESTIONS.

BACK IN 1980 KEVIN AND JIM YOU WERE MEN WITH THE RESPECT OF YOUR BROTHERS, DONT END YOUR CAREERS WITH NO RESPECT. DONT GO INTO HISTORY AS THE GUYS WHO LET THE UNION BURN AS YOU PLAYED POLITICS.

THE PBA NEWS LETTER IN APRIL PISSED ME OFF BECAUSE YOU TOOK A POSITION TO SEPERATE THE RETIRED OFFICERS FROM THE ACTIVE OFFICES BECAUSE OF A LAWSUIT THAT WAS FILED BY A FEW. YOUR STATEMENT WAS THAT THE ACTIVES WOULD NEVER DO ANYTHING TO ENHANCE THE BENIFITS OF ALL THE RETIREES. AND BLAME IT ON THE FEW THAT SUED.

I WAS ONE OF THE STUPID ONES THAT WAS NOT PREPARED TO RETIRE, I DID NOT GO TO SCHOOL OR SET MYSELF UP WITH A GOOD BUSINESS. ALL I HAD WHEN I LEFT WAS. A LOD RETIREMENT AND PRIDE THAT I WAS A TAMPA COP. I ALSO LEFT WITH ONE LESS LEG, NOW YOU KNOW WHO I AM. I RESPECTED YOU IN THE ACADEMY AND AS WE WORKED THE STREETS. NOW YOU DONT STAND TO TELL YOUR SIDE, AND IT LOOKS REAL BAD. MAYBE YOU DONT CARE.
BUT IF THERE IS AT LEAST 1/4 THE COP I KNEW IN 1980 STILL THERE I THINK YOU DO. WHEN YOU RETIRE LEAVE YOUR MARK.

I REMEMBER "THEM AND US"
MAY GOD KEEP YOU SAFE
RET/TPD-52

06-27-2007, 06:39 PM
Unfortunately Kevin does not have to stand up and explain his actions. He did away with that responsibility when he took away our ability to vote him in or out of office and made himself "member for life".....this is exactly how dictators have operated for centuries: Get in power with promises of change, become corrupted, then destroy what you swore to protect for your own personal gain. Good job Kevin!!!

09-26-2007, 03:21 AM
Oh what a tangled web we weave

10-02-2007, 03:43 AM
LOD retirement has always been what it is now...65% of your final salary, tax free for the rest of your life. Are you saying that you want or deserve more than that because you're struggling financially? Why can't you get another job like everyone else who has left here on disability??

10-03-2007, 04:35 AM
You must have been serving since 2007. He was injured back in the late 1980's. Do you think the payscale was the same then as it is now? Not. He does have a job at which he works alot of hours and puts up with a bunch of BS. Remember it could be you....

10-03-2007, 05:46 AM
65% is 65%. 65% in today's dollars won't be worth what it is in 2027, but it's what LOD retirement is and always will be. Giving certain retirees enhanced LOD retirement benefits greater than the benefits for everyone else doesn't make sense nor is it fair. That's why you should purchase additional disability insurance if you don't already have it.

10-03-2007, 06:49 AM
What a laugh, anyone who disagrees with the takeback foursome gets labeled as a kevin imposter. I am just an outsider and I can see through all the imature BS and fake posts.

Does chip or someone have a steak (pun intended) in TPD switching to the FOP or something. Reading alot of older past messages it seems like something shady is going on. I like how they want to start an anyonomous LEO only board on an anyonomous posting board??? In prior posts it explains how only chip and the mod would know who they are, just as it is now... So obviously they know who is posting, or at least when the same person posts. I have been accused of being kevin in a post, laughed my azz off since I knew for a fact I have never spoken to kevin, none the less met him.

For a bunch of responsible people some of you can sure act childish and I wouldn't want people who seem to have a grudge at best and maybe a more cynical plot in charge of anything to do with me.

Attorneys are taught never to ask a question that they don't allready know the answer to; I wouldn't want to mix my union with another organization, it would be a conflict and no matter how you spin it - it looks like your union might be in peril. I think the current people were right in trying to seperate the pba and the fop.

Sorry to jump in on your bashing of each other.

10-08-2007, 06:25 PM
65% is 65%. 65% in today's dollars won't be worth what it is in 2027, but it's what LOD retirement is and always will be. Giving certain retirees enhanced LOD retirement benefits greater than the benefits for everyone else doesn't make sense nor is it fair. That's why you should purchase additional disability insurance if you don't already have it.

This is so true, and i hpoe you all learn from my mistake of not having more disability insurance. I never saw it coming, so prepare yourself for the unseen events

Duggan
tpd/ret-52