PDA

View Full Version : PBA

06-27-2007, 09:29 AM
You guys may want to check the Tampa site and see what the PBA is up to. At todays meeting they will vote on the new Executive Director position our current president (Kevin Durkin) wants when he retires. This position carries an undisclosed salary and undisclosed authority over each local chapter. It will effect all of us.

06-28-2007, 02:55 PM
a little communication would help the PBA tremendously here in Lakeland.

06-29-2007, 03:41 PM
Quit *****ing and let the union get established. It is obvious that the PBA carries more clout as a union than F.O.P. and the city by now should realize that unions are not going away, thanks to L.F.D. and Lakeland Electric. They will eventually realize that the old days of backroom and under the table politics in good 'ol Lakeland are done. What Durkin is doing should not matter. We should be making our own beefs with the city and solving our own problems. If we cannot accomplish that on our own then we expect and should get whatever support necessary from Tampa (leadership, legal, etc.). I'm not saying that I am always happy with what the union does but unless your Donald trump I don't think anyone always gets things the way they want them.

06-30-2007, 10:09 PM
Not sure what the Donald Trump comment was about but if the PBA would have a meeting or two like they use to when they were new it would greatly help. Ask one of our reps what they are asking for in the negotaions and see what the response is.
I think the PBA has helped tremendously in the fairness of I.A. investigations. I want our PBA to work and be as strong as other places but the officers need a little more communications with their union.