PDA

View Full Version : Eviction Notice for the PBA

06-25-2007, 08:59 PM
How does the Broward Sheriffs Office local IUPA 6020 sound? Get ready guys, a new UNION is in town.

06-25-2007, 09:17 PM
AWSOME!!!!!!!!

06-25-2007, 11:21 PM
Is this official :?:

06-26-2007, 07:23 PM
Local 6020 is here to stay. IUPA will be sending all of the PERC cards to Tallahassee this week. Approx 2-4 weeks later, the election should be posted. Say goodbye to **** and his 3% and don't believe all of this budget cut crap. This is just a scare tactic for the contract. PBSO just asked for a 54 million dollar increase in this years budget and the county has already agreed to 40 million over last year

06-26-2007, 07:28 PM
Local 6020 is here to stay. IUPA will be sending all of the PERC cards to Tallahassee this week. Approx 2-4 weeks later, the election should be posted. Say goodbye to . and his 3% and don't believe all of this budget cut crap. This is just a scare tactic for the contract. PBSO just asked for a 54 million dollar increase in this years budget and the county has already agreed to 40 million over last year

So then, it sounds like you are leaving for PBSO then. Good move on your part because the fix is in here, don't let anyone tell you otherwise, and, special unit disbandments, hiring freezes, fuel cuts, and more are going to be the flavor of the day here whether we like to see it or not.

06-26-2007, 09:19 PM
I am not going anywhere!!!! The money is already in our budget. The problem is all of the fat. Why are people making more money than the Sheriff himself as base pay in the agency? Why do we waste money on SRD's in th elem schools? Why do we spend an incredible mount of money putting the Sheriffs name on every piece of paper, computer program, carpet, shirt........ How much does that cost? Some estimate 4 million dollars just to remove his name. The problem is the smoke they are throwing up in our face. Broward county took in 13% more in revenue this year than last yer but we still came up short? Think about it

06-27-2007, 01:20 AM
Local 6020 is here to stay. IUPA will be sending all of the PERC cards to Tallahassee this week. Approx 2-4 weeks later, the election should be posted. Say goodbye to . and his 3% and don't believe all of this budget cut crap. This is just a scare tactic for the contract. PBSO just asked for a 54 million dollar increase in this years budget and the county has already agreed to 40 million over last year

You must be smoking the crack you took off the news paper vender. ISTUPA (IUPA) has not gotten half the amount of cards need to do anything. Stop bullshitting people about this. However the fact is, the only thing the ISTUPA issue cased is delaying a contract from being worked on. The contract had to be put on hold because of this BS and most likely with pervent any union from getting a contrat made this year.
Nice going jerk offs. :devil:

06-27-2007, 01:40 AM
The contract had to be put on hold because of this BS and most likely with pervent any union from getting a contrat made this year.
Nice going jerk offs

Awww darn I guess we can kiss our 3% goodbye!

06-27-2007, 01:40 AM

You must be smoking the crack you took off the news paper vender. ISTUPA (IUPA) has not gotten half the amount of cards need to do anything. Stop bullshitting people about this. However the fact is, the only thing the ISTUPA issue cased is delaying a contract from being worked on. The contract had to be put on hold because of this BS and most likely with pervent any union from getting a contrat made this year.

You must be the one orginizing everything then to know this info. You are sadly mistaken! IUPA does have enough cards and this election has not stalled the contract. Nowhere does is state that the contract negotiations have to stop just because there will be an election. I think since you are a PBA rep you are just scared that your position with the PBA will be eliminated in a short time. The only thing you are mad about with the contract is that enough deputies are using their head and seeking facts and truth now from the PBA. Deputies are becoming more educated and this is what scares the PBA above all. Deputies actually challenging the PBA false claims and lies. The only jerk offs are people like you who try and intimidate fellow deputies with lies and misinformation. Why are you so scared of a deputy being able to vote? This is not a 3rd world country. P.S your gramar is about as good as the gramar in the PBA contract.

06-27-2007, 01:45 AM
Hey Lifer, What will you and the PBA be saying in a few weeks when a IUPA local office is opened up just down the street from the PBA office? I guess you will not be able to use that line when trying to lie to fellow deputy about the IUPA not having local ties. I know, I know you will now change the speech to the only topic left. Legal reps. Well I can tell you that before long, a list of attorneys will be revealed in the local area to all. It must be sad to not have a life outside BSO and consider yourself a lifer!!

06-27-2007, 02:43 AM
Nice going jerk offs. :devil:[/quote]

You must be the one orginizing everything then to know this info. You are sadly mistaken! IUPA does have enough cards and this election has not stalled the contract. Nowhere does is state that the contract negotiations have to stop just because there will be an election. I think since you are a PBA rep you are just scared that your position with the PBA will be eliminated in a short time. The only thing you are mad about with the contract is that enough deputies are using their head and seeking facts and truth now from the PBA. Deputies are becoming more educated and this is what scares the PBA above all. Deputies actually challenging the PBA false claims and lies. The only jerk offs are people like you who try and intimidate fellow deputies with lies and misinformation. Why are you so scared of a deputy being able to vote? This is not a 3rd world country. P.S your gramar is about as good as the gramar in the PBA contract.[/quote]

I am sorry to disappoint you, I am not, nor have I ever been a PBA rep. However I am a long time deputy and know how important it is to have a union with a proven track record and the fanatical support a large union can provide. However it appears that you and the other self disgruntled moron that posted after you, think it is not that important to have legal services in place. Please explain your self. What false claims and lies has the PBA been making? It easy just to say they did or didn’t do something. Spell out your issues and convince me and our fellow brothers and sisters why we need to change.

06-27-2007, 03:06 AM

You are probably one of the PBA idiots who we listened to last time, when we were told not to vote the contract down again, or we would get nothing.....we are sick of this Sheriff pushing us around....and as for you lame PBA reps. with your cushy jobs....go f--- yourselves

06-27-2007, 03:12 AM

You must be the one orginizing everything then to know this info. You are sadly mistaken! IUPA does have enough cards and this election has not stalled the contract. Nowhere does is state that the contract negotiations have to stop just because there will be an election. I think since you are a PBA rep you are just scared that your position with the PBA will be eliminated in a short time. The only thing you are mad about with the contract is that enough deputies are using their head and seeking facts and truth now from the PBA. Deputies are becoming more educated and this is what scares the PBA above all. Deputies actually challenging the PBA false claims and lies. The only jerk offs are people like you who try and intimidate fellow deputies with lies and misinformation. Why are you so scared of a deputy being able to vote? This is not a 3rd world country. P.S your gramar is about as good as the gramar in the PBA contract.[/quote]

I am sorry to disappoint you, I am not, nor have I ever been a PBA rep. However I am a long time deputy and know how important it is to have a union with a proven track record and the fanatical support a large union can provide. However it appears that you and the other self disgruntled moron that posted after you, think it is not that important to have legal services in place. Please explain your self. What false claims and lies has the PBA been making? It easy just to say they did or didn’t do something. Spell out your issues and convince me and our fellow brothers and sisters why we need to change.[/quote]

WOW, your spelling and grammar are horrible it is embarrassing, you know the little red line that appears underneath some words, that means you spelled it incorrectly, you idiot......and you must be an idiot if you need to be convinced that the PBA sucks, nobody should have to spell it out, look around, who is happy, where is morale, now all of sudden since there is a contract to be negotiated we are having budget cuts.....please stop writing on here before people start thinking all cops are as stupid as you.

06-27-2007, 06:16 AM
Prior to being here, I worked for another agency where we had PBA and got rid of them for IUPA. After the contract expired, we went back with the PBA.

I'm not pro or anti PBA or pro or anti IUPA, but the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

06-28-2007, 12:59 AM

You are probably one of the PBA idiots who we listened to last time, when we were told not to vote the contract down again, or we would get nothing.....we are sick of this Sheriff pushing us around....and as for you lame PBA reps. with your cushy jobs....go f--- yourselvesWhatever!!! Can we just get on with it and have IUPA take over. Enough of the sending us cards, we have filled out tons, now we want results. JEEZE...

07-03-2007, 02:36 AM
The truth be told the long standing PBA fourteen years of Brickman should come to a close. Convicing information, why was the vice president of the PBA taking tags of marked units outside the office? Where is the voting information for the money being removed from your detail check? Where is the documentation for the FRS money? Do you work details? Does it concern anyone in this forum that it is not listed on your detail check anywhere of an amount removed from your detail check. Do you now the only answer you can get from any PBA representative is, 'you voted for it'. Did you know everytime you get a raise someone like the PBA is digging in your pocket. Did you know the pay raise/ payout ration was not in your favor. Did you know Mr Brickman has got consistent raises throughout his tenure with no salary cap. Did you know his family works at the PBA? All of them. Where would you like me to start? What I would like everyone to do is call the Federal Government for a through investigation of PBA activities, and a clear investigation into their books and accounting. Would'nt that wake some people up. I love you Mr. Brickman, but you gotta go. I want some fairness, I want a legitimate pay raise, I want a union to fight hard and not sleep with the enemy. I still wonder who is accepting cash handouts at the Broward Sheriff's Office> Hmmm.

07-03-2007, 03:31 PM
The truth be told the long standing PBA fourteen years of Brickman should come to a close. Convicing information, why was the vice president of the PBA taking tags of marked units outside the office? Where is the voting information for the money being removed from your detail check? Where is the documentation for the FRS money? Do you work details? Does it concern anyone in this forum that it is not listed on your detail check anywhere of an amount removed from your detail check. Do you now the only answer you can get from any PBA representative is, 'you voted for it'. Did you know everytime you get a raise someone like the PBA is digging in your pocket. Did you know the pay raise/ payout ration was not in your favor. Did you know Mr Brickman has got consistent raises throughout his tenure with no salary cap. Did you know his family works at the PBA? All of them. Where would you like me to start? What I would like everyone to do is call the Federal Government for a through investigation of PBA activities, and a clear investigation into their books and accounting. Would'nt that wake some people up. I love you Mr. Brickman, but you gotta go. I want some fairness, I want a legitimate pay raise, I want a union to fight hard and not sleep with the enemy. I still wonder who is accepting cash handouts at the Broward Sheriff's Office> Hmmm.

Oh, I forgot, I am a FNG who has wed and thur off, but I should be on days with weekends off because I have two years on the job.

07-03-2007, 08:32 PM
Has anyone heard the news from the PBA guys over the last two days? The PBA got a letter in the mail declaring that IUPA has gotten enough cards for a PERC election!!!! The PBA is so scared right now that they officialy say nothing in hopes it will just go away like a bad dream. Wake up Mr. Brickman. Your days are numbered with the Sheriffs office representation. As for the PBA reps who want to run their mouth about who is behind this whole thing, it's a lot bigger than you think !!!! Now you know that at least 500 people are fed up with your B.S

07-03-2007, 09:22 PM
I wonder if certain Pathetic Bargaining Agents are going to try and get supervisors in trouble again for deputies listening to what IUPA has to offer now that we will be having an election

07-03-2007, 10:38 PM
sorry i couldn't make the meeting, family comes first. or i wasn't feeling good. ok fine, i had to much to drink. i don't want to see iupa take the place of the pba but i would like to see the pba start really listening to it's members. if "we" the members, want a certain item of the contact to be a priority then it should be. not what the pba thinks should be number one on the list. what i propose is that if "we" want a pay raise to be the #1 item then we must agree on a reasonable annual percentage raise and stick to that amount. it the pba refuses to conduct the bargaining this way and will not stick to it's gun on the percentage then "we", as a whole, resign from the pba and they, "pba", can continue the contact negotations with sheriff jenne without our dues.

07-03-2007, 11:08 PM
Guys and girls, there are going to be some new people putting their hats in the ring for the PBA board. I for one am not ready to change the PBA. They have a lot to offer the members. Don't forget, they have been there for the guys that got caught up in the case clearing scandal. They have spent thousands of dollars on good attorneys, Al Milian, Rhea Grossman, Tony Alfero. I think the PBA can be fixed. The current board of reps had their chance and now it's time for a new crew to stress what the members need and want.

Stay tuned and don't forget to vote in August.

07-03-2007, 11:16 PM
Hey look, before I worked as a LEO I was in a very strong Union up north. I am grateful for what I have here in S. Florida (my job) but we need to stop this crap and stand togeather. There is no way that either union will give us what we want/need unless we do that. Like everything else they (BSO) will keep taking until we show them that we can truly be brothers and sisters.....I know, I know I sound like Oprah but Ive been on the picket lines making $100 a week in strike pay. I know that we can get whats needed if we rise and demand it. Stop fighting with eachother.....its a waste of time. I have less than ten years on the job but I know that everything we need to work for is for OUR retirement. So WE can enjoy OUR lifes after being human garbage men for 25+ years. I dont care what union it is but I know that WE all have to be in it togeather....thats all.

07-03-2007, 11:29 PM
Guys and girls, there are going to be some new people putting their hats in the ring for the PBA board. I for one am not ready to change the PBA. They have a lot to offer the members. Don't forget, they have been there for the guys that got caught up in the case clearing scandal. They have spent thousands of dollars on good attorneys, Al Milian, Rhea Grossman, Tony Alfero. I think the PBA can be fixed. The current board of reps had their chance and now it's time for a new crew to stress what the members need and want.

Stay tuned and don't forget to vote in August.

You just don't get it do you? It does not matter if the entire board is replaced. You still can't change the top because they are LIFETIME positions. Everyone could agree to a change of leadership but if Brickman says no, he still stays!!!

You talk about good lawyers? Ask Zapatta, Campbell and the rest how good the PBA was. Campbell was convicted and others took pleas. If the PBA did it's job and stood up to POWERTRAC this would never have happened. And yes, Hanrahan collected over $30,000 a year from the PBA plus his BSO salary and sat in all of the POWERTRAC sessions and still could not find any hostility or wrong doing in any of the sessions. The only way to change the PBA is to get rid of them. Sunrise just got rid of them and look at their contract!!! The PBA sucks, face it

07-04-2007, 02:53 PM
Have you ever wondered why the PBA centurion lists only the first names of staff members? Why does Mr Brickman not list his wifes last name as a staff member (Charter secretary) ? What about Mrs Covitt? She is still a staff member when her husband was a pioneer for the PBA years ago and just retired not to long ago. He got a deal to come back to BSO!!! It all goes in a circle and leads back to one thing. MONEY The PBA is taking our money and running. Fat salaries for Brickman, over 90k Hanrahan at over 30K plus his BSO salary, their wives salary from the PBA. And they work for us? Think about it. Time for a chang of unions. Go to BCPBA.org and see for yourself if you don't think there will be an election. Click under bso alert icon.

07-05-2007, 02:29 PM
The PBA and my dog just learned the same trick together. Roll over , Roll over The PBA days are numbered.

07-05-2007, 09:03 PM
Is that the fat lady I hear singing?

07-06-2007, 09:16 PM
Try not to laugh to hard on this one. Debbie Reggio is actually asking in roll calls what the PBA can do to make things right. She wants to know what the PBA should change in order to make us happy again. Get real DEBBIE !!!! The only thing you can do to make us happy is to get out. You paid no attention to the first IUPA letter, You laughed at a deputy in th egeneral membership meeting that warned you not to take this lightly. Your union engaged in stealing mail from IUPA out of deputies mailboxes. Now you have asked the sheriffs office to help stop the delivery of the mail. For once, just look out the window, you will see an army of deputies fed up with your union not listening and they are about to overthrow you and your union. I think people like you are just worried about having to work again 10-65 and are pretending to care about us.

07-06-2007, 11:03 PM
When perk verifies how many fraudulent cards were filled out by deputies who were strongarmed into filling them out by certain sgts (like in D14) they definately will not have enough cards to force a vote........Guess your stuck with the PBA

07-07-2007, 12:29 AM
When perk verifies how many fraudulent cards were filled out by deputies who were strongarmed into filling them out by certain sgts (like in D14) they definately will not have enough cards to force a vote........Guess your stuck with the PBA

You're not stuck with the PBA and neither am I because the vote has already been forced.

If you have any valid examples of veteran deputies (last I checked the Port didn't have many rookies) physically or otherwise coerced into sending in a PERC card then I would like to hear it. Otherwise I'm going to have to dismiss that as yet another PBA apologist grasping at straws and strapping the anchor to their back as the ship sinks around them.

07-13-2007, 07:42 PM

You must be the one orginizing everything then to know this info. You are sadly mistaken! IUPA does have enough cards and this election has not stalled the contract. Nowhere does is state that the contract negotiations have to stop just because there will be an election. I think since you are a PBA rep you are just scared that your position with the PBA will be eliminated in a short time. The only thing you are mad about with the contract is that enough deputies are using their head and seeking facts and truth now from the PBA. Deputies are becoming more educated and this is what scares the PBA above all. Deputies actually challenging the PBA false claims and lies. The only jerk offs are people like you who try and intimidate fellow deputies with lies and misinformation. Why are you so scared of a deputy being able to vote? This is not a 3rd world country. P.S your gramar is about as good as the gramar in the PBA contract.

Hey, if you want to call someone out on their spelling, make sure you can spell yourself. It's GRAMMAR, not GRAMAR. And not only did you spell it wrong once, you did it twice AND IN THE SAME SENTENCE. No wonder police reports written by you guys suck. It's too hard to get past all the run on sentences and words that aren't even in the dictionary. I suggest you call Miriam Webster!

07-14-2007, 03:33 PM

I think you've posted bad information regarding the sgt. I work for that sgt. and he never "strongarmed" anyone. He had an interest in IUPA and many of us had long discussions with him about the new union. His take on it was just fill out a card to force an election. He felt the competition was good, and never once bashed the PBA. He felt that a message needed to be sent that members wanted a voice, something that we currently don't have. Do you all believe anyone could "strongarm" A DEPUTY WHO DIDN'T WANT TO VOTE FOR A CHANGE? Nice shot Jerry.

07-15-2007, 03:44 AM
[quote="non believer in IDUPA":1j4vv517]When perk verifies how many fraudulent cards were filled out by deputies who were strongarmed into filling them out by certain sgts (like in D14) they definately will not have enough cards to force a vote........Guess your stuck with the PBA

I think you've posted bad information regarding the sgt. I work for that sgt. and he never "strongarmed" anyone. He had an interest in IUPA and many of us had long discussions with him about the new union. His take on it was just fill out a card to force an election. He felt the competition was good, and never once bashed the PBA. He felt that a message needed to be sent that members wanted a voice, something that we currently don't have. Do you all believe anyone could "strongarm" A DEPUTY WHO DIDN'T WANT TO VOTE FOR A CHANGE? Nice shot Jerry.[/quote:1j4vv517]Yeah, besides, i heard those fraudulent cards were the ones that the PBA took from mailboxes and forged themselves as to claim that the cards were fraudulant.

07-15-2007, 07:09 PM
[/quote]Yeah, besides, i heard those fraudulent cards were the ones that the PBA took from mailboxes and forged themselves as to claim that the cards were fraudulant.[/quote]

You heard wrong, call PERC for your self and get the correct info first hand.

07-16-2007, 01:39 AM
Yeah, besides, i heard those fraudulent cards were the ones that the PBA took from mailboxes and forged themselves as to claim that the cards were fraudulant.[/quote]

You heard wrong, call PERC for your self and get the correct info first hand.[/quote]Already did, they are holding off and checing allegations that the PBA did it, not IUPA...

07-16-2007, 01:40 AM
Yeah, besides, i heard those fraudulent cards were the ones that the PBA took from mailboxes and forged themselves as to claim that the cards were fraudulant.[/quote]

You heard wrong, call PERC for your self and get the correct info first hand.[/quote]Already did, they have things on hold and are checking into allegations that the PBA sent those cards...

02-12-2008, 03:00 PM
bump

02-15-2008, 09:47 PM
:lol: