PDA

View Full Version : E-mail from the sheriff

06-25-2007, 07:56 PM
An e-mail came out from the sheriff stating he was considering cutting out units like mounted, organized crime, etc. I guess this is an indicator that contract stuff will be cut as well. I'm mad that the PBA didn't get better wages when the county was riding high. Also, check out Sunrise PD's contract. Way to go Sunrise! You guys are now going to be the highest paid.

06-25-2007, 08:15 PM
Just read the email
You know how proud I am of each and every one of you :roll:
What the **** does he mean when he says that he hopes that this will not result in lay offs :x

06-25-2007, 08:27 PM
A copy of Sheriff Jenne's E-mail

You know how proud I am of each and every one of you.

Today, I am participating in a budget workshop with the Broward County Commission. During the last few weeks, our Finance and Budget team have worked diligently with County budget staff to negotiate our 2007-2008 operating budget. Prior to today, we have agreed to $4.2 million in cuts. In addition to that, we have been asked by the County to cut an additional $10 million.

It is an understatement to say this is difficult. As Sheriff, it is my duty to not only protect the residents and visitors of Broward County, but I must protect each of you by providing the tools and resources you need to do your job safely.

Many hours of careful consideration were given to our proposed budget cuts. I have been meeting daily with Col. Auer, Col. Wimberly, Chief Lello and Executive Director John Curry. Our common goal was to make reductions with the least amount of impact on BSO personnel without jeopardizing the safety of the public.

Some of the proposed budget cuts that I am discussing today include eliminating various administration management positions. Agency-wide, these cuts represent 89 positions eliminating the Military Training Unit (formerly called Bootcamp); closing two units at the Stockade Facility; eliminating the FireSetters Program; reducing the Mounted Patrol unit; eliminating the Truancy Program; reducing our DUI unit; and reducing our counter-terrorism and organized crime units.

At this time, it is our hope that these cuts will not translate into layoffs. With our vacancy rate, we plan to accommodate as many employees as possible. And, we will do everything possible to limit any further impacts to the Agency. However, as the contract cities evaluate their budgets, other reorganizations and reductions may need to take place. I will update you as the negotiations continue.

I ask that you continue to do the outstanding job you do every day. The next 12 months will be lean times, but we are a strong agency with the best public safety professionals in the United States.

Ken Jenne
:lol:

06-25-2007, 08:54 PM
This is exactly why the Sheriffs Office does not want to see IUPA as the next sitting union for the Deputies of Broward County. IUPA will seek a forensic audit of the Sheriffs office to see where every penny goes. This means no more $15,000 catering bills for the opening ceremony of the 5th floor. This means no more special budget codes. This means no more hiring people just to keep their mouth shut. This means no more political favors and giving people jobs without ever being here. This means no more kick backs to the unions. This means no more hiring brass who get a vote of no confidence from their former agency........ There is pleanty of money in the budget. How can you claim not to have enough money when your budget is over 725 MILLION dollars ? This is such the perfet time for a new union. The Sheriff wants to keep the PBA because he has them in his pocket. The Sheriffs wants to keep the PBA because he knows the PBA will remain silent. Get the Broward Sheriffs Office local 6020 voted in and lets get what is owed to us. If Sunrise can do it, so can we. The only reason why Sunrise got a good contract is because they too got rid of the PBA.

06-25-2007, 11:16 PM

Today, I am participating in a budget workshop with the Broward County Commission. During the last few weeks, our Finance and Budget team have worked diligently with County budget staff to negotiate our 2007-2008 operating budget. Prior to today, we have agreed to $4.2 million in cuts. In addition to that, we have been asked by the County to cut an additional $10 million.

It is an understatement to say this is difficult. As Sheriff, it is my duty to not only protect the residents and visitors of Broward County, but I must protect each of you by providing the tools and resources you need to do your job safely.

Many hours of careful consideration were given to our proposed budget cuts. I have been meeting daily with Col. Auer, Col. Wimberly, Chief Lello and Executive Director John Curry. Our common goal was to make reductions with the least amount of impact on BSO personnel without jeopardizing the safety of the public.

Some of the proposed budget cuts that I am discussing today include eliminating various administration management positions. Agency-wide, these cuts represent 89 positions eliminating the Military Training Unit (formerly called Bootcamp); closing two units at the Stockade Facility; eliminating the FireSetters Program; reducing the Mounted Patrol unit; eliminating the Truancy Program; reducing our DUI unit; and reducing our counter-terrorism and organized crime units.

At this time, it is our hope that these cuts will not translate into layoffs. With our vacancy rate, we plan to accommodate as many employees as possible. And, we will do everything possible to limit any further impacts to the Agency. However, as the contract cities evaluate their budgets, other reorganizations and reductions may need to take place. I will update you as the negotiations continue.

I ask that you continue to do the outstanding job you do every day. The next 12 months will be lean times, but we are a strong agency with the best public safety professionals in the United States.

Ken Jenne
:lol:1- Does the use of 75,000 gallons of gasoline a week take into account the use of a take home vehicle by BSO personnel: a) the mileage to and from work to home; b) the personal use of the county vehicle, for shopping at the grocery store or the malls; c) the transporting of their children to and from sporting events or taking the family to the movies, beach or Sunday worship services? What percentage of the consumption of gasoline is absorbed by BSO personnel for the use of a county vehicle for personal use? What percentage of the maintenance cost of that vehicle is absorbed by BSO personnel? Why aren’t county owned vehicles in a motor pool, stored at headquarters and the district offices for use when an employee goes on duty, instead of giving these employees the luxury of a county owned vehicle for their personal convenience at taxpayer’s expense? This process of a motor vehicle pool is widespread among larger police departments, such as the NYPD and it saves the New York taxpayer millions of tax dollars per year. If it’s good for New York, then why isn’t good for Broward, Palm Beach and the other Florida counties and municipalities that allow the use of take home vehicles? Isn’t this, at least, one way to save the taxpayers money in our fair State?
2- Why doesn't Jenne consider streamlining the use of county owned vehicles by his personnel and cutting the high salaries he is paying his managerial staff? Let’s consider this unexplained situation without mentioning names: Jenne’s annual compensation is approximately $156K, then why is he paying certain members of his administration more than his annual salary? In some instances he is paying these individuals at least $20K more than he earns, Does this make any logical sense? Even better yet are there any checks and balances within the BSO infrastructure to evaluate and determine whether these frivolous compensation packages are justified and in the best interests of the taxpayers?
3- Jenne mentions fixed costs. Fine, the FSR is fixed, which he has no control over, but he does have control over the consumption of gasoline by his personnel as well as the high salaries he is doling out to certain civilian staff members.
4-Then he says something about privatizing the jail, instead of using BSO employees to run and operate this facility. Is this cost effective or is he trying to award a no bid contract to his political contributors?

Come on and let’s face realty, taxpayers are naive, when it comes to the complexities of an agency’s budget and, for this reason, people like Jenne take advantage of this naiveté.

06-25-2007, 11:28 PM

Ken Jenne
:lol:1- Does the use of 75,000 gallons of gasoline a week take into account the use of a take home vehicle by BSO personnel: a) the mileage to and from work to home; b) the personal use of the county vehicle, for shopping at the grocery store or the malls; c) the transporting of their children to and from sporting events or taking the family to the movies, beach or Sunday worship services? What percentage of the consumption of gasoline is absorbed by BSO personnel for the use of a county vehicle for personal use? What percentage of the maintenance cost of that vehicle is absorbed by BSO personnel? Why aren’t county owned vehicles in a motor pool, stored at headquarters and the district offices for use when an employee goes on duty, instead of giving these employees the luxury of a county owned vehicle for their personal convenience at taxpayer’s expense? This process of a motor vehicle pool is widespread among larger police departments, such as the NYPD and it saves the New York taxpayer millions of tax dollars per year. If it’s good for New York, then why isn’t good for Broward, Palm Beach and the other Florida counties and municipalities that allow the use of take home vehicles? Isn’t this, at least, one way to save the taxpayers money in our fair State?
2- Why doesn't Jenne consider streamlining the use of county owned vehicles by his personnel and cutting the high salaries he is paying his managerial staff? Let’s consider this unexplained situation without mentioning names: Jenne’s annual compensation is approximately $156K, then why is he paying certain members of his administration more than his annual salary? In some instances he is paying these individuals at least $20K more than he earns, Does this make any logical sense? Even better yet are there any checks and balances within the BSO infrastructure to evaluate and determine whether these frivolous compensation packages are justified and in the best interests of the taxpayers?
3- Jenne mentions fixed costs. Fine, the FSR is fixed, which he has no control over, but he does have control over the consumption of gasoline by his personnel as well as the high salaries he is doling out to certain civilian staff members.
4-Then he says something about privatizing the jail, instead of using BSO employees to run and operate this facility. Is this cost effective or is he trying to award a no bid contract to his political contributors?

Come on and let’s face realty, taxpayers are naive, when it comes to the complexities of an agency’s budget and, for this reason, people like Jenne take advantage of this naiveté.

1- Why are other agencies routinely switching to take-homes and none are going the other way?
2- Do pool cars at the large agencies you mention make it to 90,000 miles?
3- Is it not a benefit to tax-payers to have marked untis driving all over broward county?
4- Is there not a policy against taking civilians to "the movies" in your car?
5- All deputies are able to respond to work at any given time for any emergency. Switch to pool cars and you'll have deputies sitting around the district looking for a ride. I refer to Natural disasters and Deputy involved shootings / manhunts.

I worked at a department (ok Pompano) with pool cars and it sucked. We beat the crap out of them and they did not last very long. You can lecture me about taking care of it but you know I'm right.

06-25-2007, 11:33 PM
I agree about the take-home cars. Its one of the few good perks that we have. I also take care of it far better than I would a fleet car.

Why dont we cut back on all of there consultants running around. I see Gary Moore at the PSB all of the time. How much money is he making and for what!!!!!!!!!

06-26-2007, 02:58 AM
obviously no one wants to go to the movies with you...........if you work for BSO then you have no life that you ***** about the take homes...if you dont then youre a jealous *****........

06-26-2007, 03:41 AM
About the take home cars: It's a HUGE perk for us that saves a ton of money. It amazes me how many people abuse them! Would it hurt to take a little better care of the car and not require as much maintenance? How about not flooring it off every stop light and slamming on the brakes? The more the costs are for the car, the more of a chance of them either charging the deputies for the privilege (like FLPD) or reducing the amount of use we can have with the cars.

As far as the contract is concerned, we're flucked.

06-26-2007, 01:20 PM
About the take home cars: It's a HUGE perk for us that saves a ton of money. It amazes me how many people abuse them! Would it hurt to take a little better care of the car and not require as much maintenance? How about not flooring it off every stop light and slamming on the brakes? The more the costs are for the car, the more of a chance of them either charging the deputies for the privilege (like FLPD) or reducing the amount of use we can have with the cars.

As far as the contract is concerned, we're flucked. Why should the taxpayers bear the burden of paying for commuting to home and work everyday when some of the commute distance exceeds 100 miles roundtrip. If you didn't know it, this is considered as income and should be shown as such in the annual federal income tax return. How many of you commuters, in fact, show it as income? Probably a small percentage. What about all those poor commuters who travel the highways everyday without such a perk? As far as being on duty 24/7, that's fine. You certainly can respond to emergencies with your POA, if you are sincere and dedicated to your your profession. You were hired to serve and protect. Not to get and use a county owned vehicle for your own personal use. All I am saying is that this time of cost cuts due to tax relief, have a little compassion for the taxpayer, which includes all the abusers of take home vehicles. Wake up and realize it hits you in the pocketbook as well, if you are a homeowner. If you don't like the realty of the situation, find another career.

06-26-2007, 04:47 PM
.[/quote] Why should the taxpayers bear the burden of paying for commuting to home and work everyday when some of the commute distance exceeds 100 miles roundtrip. If you didn't know it, this is considered as income and should be shown as such in the annual federal income tax return. How many of you commuters, in fact, show it as income? Probably a small percentage. What about all those poor commuters who travel the highways everyday without such a perk? As far as being on duty 24/7, that's fine. You certainly can respond to emergencies with your POA, if you are sincere and dedicated to your your profession. You were hired to serve and protect. Not to get and use a county owned vehicle for your own personal use. All I am saying is that this time of cost cuts due to tax relief, have a little compassion for the taxpayer, which includes all the abusers of take home vehicles. Wake up and realize it hits you in the pocketbook as well, if you are a homeowner. If you don't like the realty of the situation, find another career.[/quote]

The reality of the situation is the take home car program is a contract issue and can't be taken away without the union negotiating it (and a vote). I'm sorry you feel the vehicles should not be a part of our salary but with out it, there would be a major salary increase and we would lose new candidates and some current deputies. With the shortage of acceptable candidates out there, who is going to fill those positions? You? I don't think so. Just wait, when staffing goes down and response times go up, there will be plenty of *****ing. And when the animals come knocking on YOUR door and you are forced to watch as your daughter is gang raped, maybe then you'd change your mind and WISH an officer or deputy (with his buddies) can make it there in a timely manner and save your ass!

I'm tired of these people *****ing and moaning like we are nickle and diming them. We are in for some bad times my friends.

06-26-2007, 07:12 PM
Mr. REALITY SUCKS, When was the last time you looked at the great PBA contract? Can you please show me where is says the take home car is a contract issue and that it can not be taken away at any time? The fact is that this is not a contract issue and the PBA never did anything about this in our contract from the last time the sheriff took away the take home car privilege. Make sure you know the facts first.

06-26-2007, 10:58 PM
Mr. REALITY SUCKS, When was the last time you looked at the great PBA contract? Can you please show me where is says the take home car is a contract issue and that it can not be taken away at any time? The fact is that this is not a contract issue and the PBA never did anything about this in our contract from the last time the sheriff took away the take home car privilege. Make sure you know the facts first.

Contract link (http://www.bcpba.homestead.com/BSOContract2004-2007.pdf)

Article 28.2 under supplemental pay:

28.2: Bargaining unit members without assigned vehicles will receive a supplement to their base salary of three hundred fifty dollars ($350.00) per month.
a. Effective October 1, 2005 bargaining unit members without assigned vehicles will receive a supplement to their base salary of three hundred seventy-five dollars ($375.00) per month.
b. Consistent with its policies, procedures and management rights, BSO retains the right, in its sole discretion, to deny a take home vehicle and deny a vehicle supplement to bargaining unit members placed on restrictive administrative assignment, within the sole discretion of BSO.

Take home cars is in our contract as previously mentioned. Taking it out would result in a large boost to our pay. It's six in one hand and half a dozen in the other.

The average Broward citizen should be thankful if an off duty deputy chooses to drive his marked unit on his own time. The extra visibility and police availability are there without paying additional salary or overtime.

06-26-2007, 11:48 PM

Contract link (http://www.bcpba.homestead.com/BSOContract2004-2007.pdf)

Article 28.2 under supplemental pay:

28.2: Bargaining unit members without assigned vehicles will receive a supplement to their base salary of three hundred fifty dollars ($350.00) per month.
a. Effective October 1, 2005 bargaining unit members without assigned vehicles will receive a supplement to their base salary of three hundred seventy-five dollars ($375.00) per month.
b. Consistent with its policies, procedures and management rights, BSO retains the right, in its sole discretion, to deny a take home vehicle and deny a vehicle supplement to bargaining unit members placed on restrictive administrative assignment, within the sole discretion of BSO.

Take home cars is in our contract as previously mentioned. Taking it out would result in a large boost to our pay. It's six in one hand and half a dozen in the other.

The average Broward citizen should be thankful if an off duty deputy chooses to drive his marked unit on his own time. The extra visibility and police availability are there without paying additional salary or overtime.

OH BOY, The PBA realy has you snowed under on this one. This article is for deputies NOT ASSIGNED take home cars. This means deputies that work at the courthouse and positions such. If you don't believe me, then call good old **** himself. Not all deputies in the courthouse have an assigned take home car, that is why they get the supplement. I know you must not have been here for too long but our take home cars were taken away once before. They can still be taken away at any time. You would still have an assigned vehicle waiting for you at the district. Take home and assigned are two different things. Please dont believe me. Call the PBA and see for yourself.

06-27-2007, 12:53 AM
OH BOY, The PBA realy has you snowed under on this one. This article is for deputies NOT ASSIGNED take home cars. This means deputies that work at the courthouse and positions such. If you don't believe me, then call good old . himself. Not all deputies in the courthouse have an assigned take home car, that is why they get the supplement. I know you must not have been here for too long but our take home cars were taken away once before. They can still be taken away at any time. You would still have an assigned vehicle waiting for you at the district. Take home and assigned are two different things. Please dont believe me. Call the PBA and see for yourself.

I wouldn't say snowed under when you're talking about something that is taken for granted in a vast majority of southern law enforcement these days.

It does read different than say, the Pines contract, but as previously mentioned the backlash over making deputies park vehicles at their respective districts would be immense. Mass exodus.

06-27-2007, 10:02 AM

As far as the contract is concerned, we're flucked. Why should the taxpayers bear the burden of paying for commuting to home and work everyday when some of the commute distance exceeds 100 miles roundtrip. If you didn't know it, this is considered as income and should be shown as such in the annual federal income tax return. How many of you commuters, in fact, show it as income? Probably a small percentage. What about all those poor commuters who travel the highways everyday without such a perk? As far as being on duty 24/7, that's fine. You certainly can respond to emergencies with your POA, if you are sincere and dedicated to your your profession. You were hired to serve and protect. Not to get and use a county owned vehicle for your own personal use. All I am saying is that this time of cost cuts due to tax relief, have a little compassion for the taxpayer, which includes all the abusers of take home vehicles. Wake up and realize it hits you in the pocketbook as well, if you are a homeowner. If you don't like the realty of the situation, find another career.Hey Jack-off, tell that to the guy who hit the guardrail the other day, who was not wearing a seatbelt, and was aspirating when I ran up to his vehicle and turned him on his side so that he would'nt drown in his own vomit. Most of those so called poor commuters are in too much of a hurry to get passed the accident so they don't get caught up in the traffic, let alone stop and render aid. And by the way, studies have been done. More gas will be used and maintenance will be much greater if the vehicles are shared on each shift, driving around 24 hours a day. obviously you do not know what you are talking about. You want to take away my take home car? Then pay me in back pay for all the times I have stopped on MY TIME. And don't forget, I am obligated by oath, law and policies to act, when in my unit, to assist you, Mr. ungreatful, jealous tax payer. But don't worry, I don't know who you are, so I will save you when you flag me down because your vehicle flips over, or you get a flat and only have 3 feet of median to change it, orgod forbid, your child has been hit by a car. I'll be there Mr anonymous, I'll be there, in my take home vehicle, because that is my job, PAID OR NOT!!!! Jack ass.

06-27-2007, 02:18 PM
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

superlw8
06-28-2007, 07:56 AM
Hey Jack-off, tell that to the guy who hit the guardrail the other day, who was not wearing a seatbelt, and was aspirating when I ran up to his vehicle and turned him on his side so that he would'nt drown in his own vomit. Most of those so called poor commuters are in too much of a hurry to get passed the accident so they don't get caught up in the traffic, let alone stop and render aid. And by the way, studies have been done. More gas will be used and maintenance will be much greater if the vehicles are shared on each shift, driving around 24 hours a day. obviously you do not know what you are talking about. You want to take away my take home car? Then pay me in back pay for all the times I have stopped on MY TIME. And don't forget, I am obligated by oath, law and policies to act, when in my unit, to assist you, Mr. ungreatful, jealous tax payer. But don't worry, I don't know who you are, so I will save you when you flag me down because your vehicle flips over, or you get a flat and only have 3 feet of median to change it, orgod forbid, your child has been hit by a car. I'll be there Mr anonymous, I'll be there, in my take home vehicle, because that is my job, PAID OR NOT!!!! Jack arse.

woooooo! *clap clap clap*

07-06-2007, 02:32 PM
Listen; You obviously have something to say, you just don't know how, what, when, where or to whom you should say it...
The take home car is part of a deputy's salary. Therefore, a deputy can drive it whenever he/she wants as long as they follow the P & P's. In return, how many (countless) times has a crime been foiled because the bad guy saw a marked unit. How many times have deputies stopped to render aid, back-up or just answer someone's questions.
Just because you're short-sighted and probably have never stopped to help someone before doesn't mean real cops don't.

If you want to save a few bucks on the budget, get rid of a few dozen administrative aids that do absolutely nothing (with take home cars). Start using county owned facilities for training, special ops and Admin offices instead of paying millions to lease privately. And, lastly, give up YOUR take home ride since you don't know what to do with it anyway.....

07-11-2007, 11:57 PM

As far as the contract is concerned, we're flucked. Why should the taxpayers bear the burden of paying for commuting to home and work everyday when some of the commute distance exceeds 100 miles roundtrip. If you didn't know it, this is considered as income and should be shown as such in the annual federal income tax return. How many of you commuters, in fact, show it as income? Probably a small percentage. What about all those poor commuters who travel the highways everyday without such a perk? As far as being on duty 24/7, that's fine. You certainly can respond to emergencies with your POA, if you are sincere and dedicated to your your profession. You were hired to serve and protect. Not to get and use a county owned vehicle for your own personal use. All I am saying is that this time of cost cuts due to tax relief, have a little compassion for the taxpayer, which includes all the abusers of take home vehicles. Wake up and realize it hits you in the pocketbook as well, if you are a homeowner. If you don't like the realty of the situation, find another career.[b]Hey Jack-off, tell that to the guy who hit the guardrail the other day, who was not wearing a seatbelt, and was aspirating when I ran up to his vehicle and turned him on his side so that he would'nt drown in his own vomit. Most of those so called poor commuters are in too much of a hurry to get passed the accident so they don't get caught up in the traffic, let alone stop and render aid. And by the way, studies have been done. More gas will be used and maintenance will be much greater if the vehicles are shared on each shift, driving around 24 hours a day. obviously you do not know what you are talking about. You want to take away my take home car? Then pay me in back pay for all the times I have stopped on MY TIME. And don't forget, I am obligated by oath, law and policies to act, when in my unit, to assist you, Mr. ungreatful, jealous tax payer. But don't worry, I don't know who you are, so I will save you when you flag me down because your vehicle flips over, or you get a flat and only have 3 feet of median to change it, orgod forbid, your child has been hit by a car. I'll be there Mr anonymous, I'll be there, in my take home vehicle, because that is my job, PAID OR NOT!!!! Jack arse.[/u]Could'nt have said it better myself!!!

07-11-2007, 11:59 PM
Hey Jack-off, tell that to the guy who hit the guardrail the other day, who was not wearing a seatbelt, and was aspirating when I ran up to his vehicle and turned him on his side so that he would'nt drown in his own vomit. Most of those so called poor commuters are in too much of a hurry to get passed the accident so they don't get caught up in the traffic, let alone stop and render aid. And by the way, studies have been done. More gas will be used and maintenance will be much greater if the vehicles are shared on each shift, driving around 24 hours a day. obviously you do not know what you are talking about. You want to take away my take home car? Then pay me in back pay for all the times I have stopped on MY TIME. And don't forget, I am obligated by oath, law and policies to act, when in my unit, to assist you, Mr. ungreatful, jealous tax payer. But don't worry, I don't know who you are, so I will save you when you flag me down because your vehicle flips over, or you get a flat and only have 3 feet of median to change it, orgod forbid, your child has been hit by a car. I'll be there Mr anonymous, I'll be there, in my take home vehicle, because that is my job, PAID OR NOT!!!! Jack arse.

woooooo! *clap clap clap*Ooops! did'nt mean to jump into your message body Insider, I'm new at this...Anyway, as last stated, I COULD NOT HAVE SAID IT BETTER MYSELF!!!!

07-15-2007, 03:55 AM

As far as the contract is concerned, we're flucked. Why should the taxpayers bear the burden of paying for commuting to home and work everyday when some of the commute distance exceeds 100 miles roundtrip. If you didn't know it, this is considered as income and should be shown as such in the annual federal income tax return. How many of you commuters, in fact, show it as income? Probably a small percentage. What about all those poor commuters who travel the highways everyday without such a perk? As far as being on duty 24/7, that's fine. You certainly can respond to emergencies with your POA, if you are sincere and dedicated to your your profession. You were hired to serve and protect. Not to get and use a county owned vehicle for your own personal use. All I am saying is that this time of cost cuts due to tax relief, have a little compassion for the taxpayer, which includes all the abusers of take home vehicles. Wake up and realize it hits you in the pocketbook as well, if you are a homeowner. If you don't like the realty of the situation, find another career.Hey Jack-off, tell that to the guy who hit the guardrail the other day, who was not wearing a seatbelt, and was aspirating when I ran up to his vehicle and turned him on his side so that he would'nt drown in his own vomit. Most of those so called poor commuters are in too much of a hurry to get passed the accident so they don't get caught up in the traffic, let alone stop and render aid. And by the way, studies have been done. More gas will be used and maintenance will be much greater if the vehicles are shared on each shift, driving around 24 hours a day. obviously you do not know what you are talking about. You want to take away my take home car? Then pay me in back pay for all the times I have stopped on MY TIME. And don't forget, I am obligated by oath, law and policies to act, when in my unit, to assist you, Mr. ungreatful, jealous tax payer. But don't worry, I don't know who you are, so I will save you when you flag me down because your vehicle flips over, or you get a flat and only have 3 feet of median to change it, orgod forbid, your child has been hit by a car. I'll be there Mr anonymous, I'll be there, in my take home vehicle, because that is my job, PAID OR NOT!!!! Jack arse. :o Dang! You go boy!!! :D

07-23-2007, 10:22 AM

As far as the contract is concerned, we're flucked. Why should the taxpayers bear the burden of paying for commuting to home and work everyday when some of the commute distance exceeds 100 miles roundtrip. If you didn't know it, this is considered as income and should be shown as such in the annual federal income tax return. How many of you commuters, in fact, show it as income? Probably a small percentage. What about all those poor commuters who travel the highways everyday without such a perk? As far as being on duty 24/7, that's fine. You certainly can respond to emergencies with your POA, if you are sincere and dedicated to your your profession. You were hired to serve and protect. Not to get and use a county owned vehicle for your own personal use. All I am saying is that this time of cost cuts due to tax relief, have a little compassion for the taxpayer, which includes all the abusers of take home vehicles. Wake up and realize it hits you in the pocketbook as well, if you are a homeowner. If you don't like the realty of the situation, find another career.Hey Jack-off, tell that to the guy who hit the guardrail the other day, who was not wearing a seatbelt, and was aspirating when I ran up to his vehicle and turned him on his side so that he would'nt drown in his own vomit. Most of those so called poor commuters are in too much of a hurry to get passed the accident so they don't get caught up in the traffic, let alone stop and render aid. And by the way, studies have been done. More gas will be used and maintenance will be much greater if the vehicles are shared on each shift, driving around 24 hours a day. obviously you do not know what you are talking about. You want to take away my take home car? Then pay me in back pay for all the times I have stopped on MY TIME. And don't forget, I am obligated by oath, law and policies to act, when in my unit, to assist you, Mr. ungreatful, jealous tax payer. But don't worry, I don't know who you are, so I will save you when you flag me down because your vehicle flips over, or you get a flat and only have 3 feet of median to change it, orgod forbid, your child has been hit by a car. I'll be there Mr anonymous, I'll be there, in my take home vehicle, because that is my job, PAID OR NOT!!!! Jack arse.I have heard lots of stories about deputies and police officers stopping and helping people who are broken down or in an accident when they are on the way home. My sister had an accident a week ago on I-95 in Palm Beach and a BSO deputy stopped. There were no injuries but the driver had no drivers license, no insurance and wanted her to follow him home so he could pay her for the damage. Good thing the deputy said he would stay until the FHP arrived. Thank God for take home vehicles. :D :D :D :D

Unregistered
11-28-2015, 06:39 AM
This is a must read!!!