PDA

View Full Version : Hiring

06-25-2007, 07:48 PM
How many Law Enforcement officers are you short

06-26-2007, 02:34 AM
WE ONLY SHORT ABOUT FIVE DEPUTIES!!!

PER SSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFFFFFFFFFFF FTTTTTTT

06-26-2007, 03:20 PM
Ha ha ha.... That is a good one, sad but true...
I'd say it's time to disband certain specialty units and send them back to patrol to help us out...

06-28-2007, 04:29 PM
so how many are you short

06-29-2007, 06:52 PM
we have alot of short people that work here :lol:

06-29-2007, 09:02 PM
we have alot of short people that work here :lol:

now that's funny, i thought that i was the only jokester here, lmao :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

06-29-2007, 09:09 PM
we are short across the board, i advise you to call the HUMAN RESOURCE department and ask the questions that you want to know, because i doubt if you will ever get a straight answer from these guys.

the main number to the department is (863) 534-6200 mon.-fri 8-5.

you guys are amazing as to how clever you are with your jokes, i love it!!

07-01-2007, 11:42 AM
so how many are you short

Is that a question? If so it needs that funny looking symbol at the end. It looks kinda like this: ?

07-01-2007, 03:03 PM
They should put COPS, PROCAP Squads, Traffic, and maybe some other units back on shifts. I'm sorry, but 6, even 10, people per district is NOT minimum staffing, it is dangerous staffing. It is only going to get worse with the property tax reform. We need to put as many deputies as we can (i.e. COPS, PROCAP, maybe even SRO) back on the road before things get really bad. Community related units are excellent, but only when it does not threaten the front-line troops due to short-staffing. For instance, when every shift county-wide has 15 deputies per shift, then we can look at pulling some for SRO, special traffic duties, etc.

It's time for some ingenious scheduling to ensure the safety of each deputy and to be sure a citizen isn't having to wait 1 hour for a deputy to arrive while a specialty unit (yes an entire specialty unit) is having lunch/dinner somewhere.

Supervisors: supervise.

07-01-2007, 03:17 PM
Echo units arent working, COPS arent working.

SROs are needed...they are very important to detectives, however, thats IF they are a good SRO and knows their kids. Lazy SROs are useless to not only the school but to the rest of us as well. I needed to know information on a kid and learned he was a student.. the SRO knew who the kid hung out with, where he lived and etc. Because of that SRO, I was able to clear out a few burglaries.

But working both east and west sides of the county, it depends on the traffic units but I think they should go back to patrol. Neither are helping either district right now. They are just numbers to procap

07-02-2007, 03:00 AM
They should put COPS, PROCAP Squads, Traffic, and maybe some other units back on shifts. I'm sorry, but 6, even 10, people per district is NOT minimum staffing, it is dangerous staffing. It is only going to get worse with the property tax reform. We need to put as many deputies as we can (i.e. COPS, PROCAP, maybe even SRO) back on the road before things get really bad. Community related units are excellent, but only when it does not threaten the front-line troops due to short-staffing. For instance, when every shift county-wide has 15 deputies per shift, then we can look at pulling some for SRO, special traffic duties, etc.

It's time for some ingenious scheduling to ensure the safety of each deputy and to be sure a citizen isn't having to wait 1 hour for a deputy to arrive while a specialty unit (yes an entire specialty unit) is having lunch/dinner somewhere.

hah!!! yall just jealous, mad and turned o.
jealous because we doing what you want to do.
mad because you applied for the job we doing and didn't get it.
and really turned on by our tactical style. lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

07-02-2007, 08:47 AM

hah!!! yall just jealous, mad and turned o.
jealous because we doing what you want to do.
mad because you applied for the job we doing and didn't get it.
and really turned on by our tactical style. lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh getting hard

07-03-2007, 12:00 AM
Nope, you are right! COPS and Echo need to go back to shift b/c unfortunately the majority of them don't do squat! I know this b/c I used to be one and it got old being told we never did anything.
SOME traffic deputies actually do their job and do it well, and I say SOME cause not many.
We do need the help in patrol and hopefully someone will recognize this and do something about it but I doubt it.
Oh, and yes, there are a few SRO's that are awesome, they know their kids and are a wealth of information..

07-04-2007, 10:13 AM
we are definately short a few per shift. we cover far to large an area to do a good job with 6 deputies. its rarely enough to keep pending calls at bay,forget procap activities.

what if we have another deputy get hurt,lost, or more likely just in a bad crash?

here's a typical status on dayshift:

3 units on past occ'd 21's,51's
1 transporting for a detective,trustee,or k9
1 unit on a some all day cluster like a sig 48 with 30 victims or a sig 7
1 unit on a sig 90,65,or 22c
one or both bosses in a procap meeting trying to explain why crime is up without being honest and saying its manpower
and a s54 pending

when we finally get to the s54,we find that's its really a burglary. and we call for a permieter and k9. there is no perimeter and there's no one to run with k9. that's really leaves it to the air unit to find the guy cause the time lapse is upwards of 30 minutes before the first deputy in on scene.

echo and COPS have their place. COPS should be a part of crime prevention. they are good with meetings,crime watch,taking input from citizens. we shouldn't be wasting sworn deputies in an armed secretarial position.

echo definately needs to be kept but restructured. the new strike team isn't really a bad idea, its an old idea. the "new strike team" is exactly what the region echo squads were 6 years ago before each dsitrict got there own. then the districts got two. the echo squads have become the "do boys" for the captains,with less emphasis on the captured crimes.

i disagree with the earlier post about pulling for specialty units when we have 15 deputies per shift. that's what happened before. when i started we had 16 per shift,every shift. then they started pulling. we should have our shifts and keep them staffed. if the agency wants a new 4 man squad,then they hire four new positions to fill any vacancies they create elsewhere.

07-05-2007, 09:21 PM
I agree with much of the last post. Cops and Procap squads have their place and do a phenomenal job. But they can't do it alone.. if you really want to solve the problem cut some of the dead weight. All of you know who I mean. I'm referring to the zone deputy who spends most of his day looking for his next greatest hiding spot. God forbid if there are two drops of rain falling from the sky... he has to take shelter in a McDonald's as though it were a bomb shelter. It also happens that he is strangely in amazingly close proximity to his residence whenever a call comes out in his sector... This is easy to tell because the static from the living room is always the same.

Mr. slacker is his name. Mr. Slacker doesn't work a regular shift like everyone else. His shift ends an hour and a half before everyone elses does. Sure he might find a relatively benign call to milk for the last hour, but Mr. Slacker has earned that right (In his own mind at least). General orders and basic human courtesy don't apply Mr. Slacker either. This can readily be observed during Mr. Slackers regular entitled lunch/Dinner time when he can be seen rocketing down the road toward Denny's while the computer indicates he is still checked out on a noise complaint 12 miles away because Mr. Slacker will be darned if he is going to take a report in his regular lunch hour!!

Mr. slacker also excels at being able to clear calls in a record amount of time (except during the last hour of shift). He prides himself on being able to re-classify a homicide to a noise complaint. When Mr. Slacker retires he will be sorely missed by the community who has gotten away with so much. But have no fear criminals.... Mr. Slacker was also a Street Training Instructor. There are plenty of little slackers in his wake to take up the grand tradition.

So you think... we don't need PROCAP/COPS and other specialty units??
As long as Mr. Slacker is out there the community needs deputies who are around for more than a paycheck.

07-06-2007, 03:40 AM
I agree with much of the last post. Cops and Procap squads have their place and do a phenomenal job. But they can't do it alone.. if you really want to solve the problem cut some of the dead weight. All of you know who I mean. I'm referring to the zone deputy who spends most of his day looking for his next greatest hiding spot. God forbid if there are two drops of rain falling from the sky... he has to take shelter in a McDonald's as though it were a bomb shelter. It also happens that he is strangely in amazingly close proximity to his residence whenever a call comes out in his sector... This is easy to tell because the static from the living room is always the same.

Mr. slacker is his name. Mr. Slacker doesn't work a regular shift like everyone else. His shift ends an hour and a half before everyone elses does. Sure he might find a relatively benign call to milk for the last hour, but Mr. Slacker has earned that right (In his own mind at least). General orders and basic human courtesy don't apply Mr. Slacker either. This can readily be observed during Mr. Slackers regular entitled lunch/Dinner time when he can be seen rocketing down the road toward Denny's while the computer indicates he is still checked out on a noise complaint 12 miles away because Mr. Slacker will be darned if he is going to take a report in his regular lunch hour!!

Mr. slacker also excels at being able to clear calls in a record amount of time (except during the last hour of shift). He prides himself on being able to re-classify a homicide to a noise complaint. When Mr. Slacker retires he will be sorely missed by the community who has gotten away with so much. But have no fear criminals.... Mr. Slacker was also a Street Training Instructor. There are plenty of little slackers in his wake to take up the grand tradition.

So you think... we don't need PROCAP/COPS and other specialty units??
As long as Mr. Slacker is out there the community needs deputies who are around for more than a paycheck.

THAT WAS VERY VERY STRANG!!! "BUT TRUE"

09-22-2007, 12:43 AM
dont worry your about to get a bunch of jailers to help out on the road!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

09-22-2007, 10:55 AM
Nothing wrong with letting detention transfer to the road. Many people on the road now started in corrections. They're more apt to stay with the agency for a career then jump ship for a few dollars more somewhere else!

09-23-2007, 08:28 PM
this is TRUE!!! THANKS FOR THE POST MR...POLKSTER