PDA

View Full Version : Just something to think about PBA vrs IUPA

06-22-2007, 09:00 PM
It does not matter what side of the fence you sit on with the new union trying to come in. There are several quetions that need to be answered by people who say they have your best interest in mind. Just think about what is going on.

Why was Pat Hanrahan driving through the parking lot of the IUPA meeting writing things down? Why is there a Sgt in dist 7 who uses his roll calls to bash IUPA but yet he will tatle on IUPA when they show up in his district to show facts? Why is there a PBA rep in dist 12 who stated "I hope some of those IUPA guys get some of that white powder in some envelopes so they can die off" during recent letter threats in south florida a few week ago? Why will the PBA not tell us a percentage for a raise? Why can't our union tell us exactly where the $3 per hour detail charge goes? (besides admin fees) Why are Lt's and above trying to prevent IUPA from standing on the sidewalk in dist 11? Why has mail disappeared from deputies mailboxes? Why does the sheriffs office put out a memo telling districts not to deliver mail from IUPA? Why would the PBA put in our contract, deputies will do extraditions on their own time? Who does that benefit and what happens if you get hurt or kill your prisoner in another state? Who represents you in Alaska or in another country? These questions are not made to put IUPA against the PBA but to make you think that if this is truly happening, who does have your best interest. The answer is you! You have the power to make a change. The point is this. There are so many things from the union and the admin against you the deputy. They have done this to keep you down and they are using some of us as pawns to get it done. We need to stick togather on this and stand up to the admin. Our union runs iteslf like the Sheriffs office. Go against us and we will step on you. Suck our a@@ and we will make you one of our own. Lets take back the department and our union and make BSO what it once was. A great agency that was nationaly recognized.

06-24-2007, 12:09 AM
However the IUPA refuses to tell you who they have as attorneys, how many attorneys they have. The IUPA only has an office in northern florida, which is being run out of someones condo. The only reason was for FHP.

Now when FHP gets rid of a union there has to be a problem. Now im sure that the PBA is next to leave with their 0% raise.

We have to be careful with the IUPA they are despirate, and I don't believe they are telling us everything. They "say" that they have attorneys to send out to scenes of shootings, yet they cant tell us who or how many. Get real...

Just 2 cents.

06-24-2007, 02:21 AM
If you came to the meetings, you would have met one of their attorneys. If you believe that they are out of a condo, then go to IUPA.ORG and see the building itself. If you still don't believe, call the tax collector and pull the records. It's free. Will you believe IUPA when they open an office here in Ft. Lauderdale shortly? Just sit back and watch the next few weeks and see what happens. I am sure you will believe when you see what happens.

06-24-2007, 06:35 AM
However the IUPA refuses to tell you who they have as attorneys, how many attorneys they have. The IUPA only has an office in northern florida, which is being run out of someones condo. The only reason was for FHP.

Now when FHP gets rid of a union there has to be a problem. Now im sure that the PBA is next to leave with their 0% raise.

We have to be careful with the IUPA they are despirate, and I don't believe they are telling us everything. They "say" that they have attorneys to send out to scenes of shootings, yet they cant tell us who or how many. Get real...

Just 2 cents.Looks like "2 cents" comments are'nt worth a dime... The IUPA has a beautiful, brand new office BUILDING!! Wake up and smell the coffee, IUPA is comming, the numbers are already there. Keep up with the big dog's or stay on the porch, but believe me, we would much rather have you running along side us.

07-13-2007, 07:46 PM
If you came to the meetings, you would have met one of their attorneys. If you believe that they are out of a condo, then go to IUPA.ORG and see the building itself. If you still don't believe, call the tax collector and pull the records. It's free. Will you believe IUPA when they open an office here in Ft. Lauderdale shortly? Just sit back and watch the next few weeks and see what happens. I am sure you will believe when you see what happens.

Well, we've sat back and watched IUPA hang themselves with their incompetency. I hope that the attorneywho was at the meeting wasn't the same attorney who would represent me if I was involved in an incident. I'd be sent up the river for sure.

07-13-2007, 09:03 PM

Well, we've sat back and watched IUPA hang themselves with their incompetency. I hope that the attorneywho was at the meeting wasn't the same attorney who would represent me if I was involved in an incident. I'd be sent up the river for sure.

Hey Armando, How good was your PBA attorney when you were fired? I know you got your job back but if the PBA attorney was as good in law as she is in a bar fight, you never would have been fired!!! You went through hell for no reason at all. Just remove your situation for the sake of argument. Can you really say that the PBA has your best interest at heart?

08-29-2012, 01:44 AM
Any thoughts on this