PDA

View Full Version : Rocky

06-21-2007, 08:33 PM
JUST WANTED TO SAY RIP ROCKY, and all yall need a life

06-21-2007, 10:20 PM
looks like "YALL" needs a life if your making conversation to a dead dog!!! :roll:

06-21-2007, 10:51 PM
Do you mean "let sleeping dogs lie?" Or is it that the "lying dogs" never sleep. I never get them straight.

06-21-2007, 11:13 PM
"yall" is just settin on the front porch with a corn cob pipe missin' his hound dog - leave yall alone ,,,,,,bye yall yuk yuk yuk...

06-22-2007, 04:15 PM
I have many fond memories of Rocky. We started at the same time. RIP my friend.

06-22-2007, 07:05 PM
I’m making a conversation with a dead dog, because the dead dog had more brains, loyalty, and compassion then “YALL” yes all you “IDIOTS”. If I worked in the manors, I would not want any of you assholes backing me up. I would have to say “54” because the way you guys are crying like little *****es, who know what might happen if you get a paper-cut. So stop crying and get a LIFE or better yet get Jesus and stay off the computer especially in the work place ASSHOLES :lol:

06-22-2007, 07:11 PM
Dam@ I can’t say “a$$-hole”???????? Change “meany” to A$$HOLE.. :shock: see yall done made me cus

06-22-2007, 08:29 PM
thoundths like thumbody ith in a tithy.

06-22-2007, 08:44 PM
your having a conversation with a compassionate dog? And you call other people idiots. Quick does someone have a tree I can hug.

06-22-2007, 08:49 PM
hey "YALL" stick this :roll: in your corn cob pipe YUK YUK YUK your the meany you meany meany YUK YUK YUK :mrgreen:

06-22-2007, 08:53 PM
"YALL" keep talkin' you're funny :lol: that there :lol: yuk yuk yuk!!!

06-22-2007, 10:51 PM
By the way if yall so damn unhappy leave the manors, some of yall co-workers would appreciate that more then negative vibes yall give off. Ooooooooo hold up yall personnel file must look like crap and yall can’t get another job and so all yall could do is make the others officers miserable. Go give the Chief a hug and welcome him instead of talking crap also pray for change, I don’t think yall gave the man a chance. The quote of the day is “Don’t hug a tree hug a CHIEF”

06-22-2007, 10:53 PM
It would be appreciated if you can use this topic to speak about Rocky and some of the interesting stories over the years. Although he was a dog, he was still a member of a family that loved and cared for him. In their eyes, he was a family member. So it would be a nice gesture to post positive things and leave the complaining and joking to the other topics. I thank you for your understanding.

06-22-2007, 11:03 PM
i agree with you ROCKY FAN, i started this blog for ROCKY and those idiots started on me cause i said yall. they need to grow up...... Rocky was the best K-9 passive, drug detection dog in the county. R.I.P

06-22-2007, 11:06 PM
yea "YALL" stop joking you darn Meanie or is it Meany? ah shucks ill just use them both :lol: .....

06-22-2007, 11:11 PM
No YALL or whatever your name is you started this blog and told the Wilton Manors brothers to get a life!! So in fact you started this mess whats the matter you wanted to sucker punch the Wilton Manors cops and now you cant take what they are throwing back at you? I know some of those guys they are good guys, good back up, and the ones that have been there a while are good cops. what did you expect you started it and now you have a problem when they slam you back - please reply.

06-22-2007, 11:16 PM
lets respect Rocky fan's request and continue this in the new blog i started.

06-22-2007, 11:40 PM
Let's try to remember Rocky. He was a true friend. If you wore a badge, he liked you. If you wore a badge, you were family to him. All he asked for was some love and attention, a few treats, and the occassional tennis ball as a reward for a job well done. If only people could be as friendly as Rocky.

ROCKY - Friend, Family, & Cop !!! Rest in peace. We miss you.

06-24-2007, 02:07 AM
Jesus would be sooo proud of you using his name and the word "*****" in the same paragraph.

I’m making a conversation with a dead dog, because the dead dog had more brains, loyalty, and compassion then “YALL” yes all you “IDIOTS”. If I worked in the manors, I would not want any of you meany backing me up. I would have to say “54” because the way you guys are crying like little *****es, who know what might happen if you get a paper-cut. So stop crying and get a LIFE or better yet get Jesus and stay off the computer especially in the work place meany :lol:

06-24-2007, 02:10 AM
I remember when Rocky would come into the PD and run straight to G9, because he knew that that was where all the dog bones were. LOL, boy he loved to be petted and loved on. The only K9 that I have ever seen that was so much a baby but yet would be a man when he went to work. Remember when he would be in the station so long that he would crap in the hallway. LOL.
RIP Rocky, you were a good boy.

07-12-2007, 12:35 AM
I worked with Rocky back in 1998 & 1999 and I have many fond memories of him. Gonzo, you have my deepest sympathy. Rocky was no doubt the best drug dog ever and he will truly be missed. :cry:

07-17-2007, 05:08 AM
Sorry to hear about Rocky. He assisted me in locating dope many times. He was definitely the best drug dog in the county. He will be deeply missed.

07-20-2007, 01:54 AM
Rocky was a true k-9 cop and loved working. He was also a family member to Gonzo, his wife and kids at home. There was a lot of grief and pain when he passed that many did not acknowledge. He did so much for the city so try to use this subject for Rocky and not for politics. RIP Rocky.

07-29-2007, 01:42 PM
Has there been or will there be some type of memorial for Rocky? After his many wonderful years of service there certainly should be.

07-30-2007, 12:18 AM
Has there been or will there be some type of memorial for Rocky? After his many wonderful years of service there certainly should be.

Yes their should. For all that he did for the community he should be recognized. But I guess that since he did not work for RP in FT LAUDERDALE his career will not be recognized by RP or the City Council.Sad but would you expect anything different from this group.RIP Rocky. You will always be remembered by your co-workers and your true friends, not a hack or slug posing as a Police Chief.

07-30-2007, 07:33 PM
I'm very sorry to hear that. Rocky deserves the very best. He always worked so hard and was such a loving dog. No matter what the politics, Rocky and Gonzo deserve the recognition for their accomplishments together. I sent Gonzo a card, I hope he got it, because I sent it to the station. Gonzo if you read this, I can't even begin to express my sympathy. I'm truly sorry for yours and your family's loss. Rocky will always be in my thoughts and prayers. God bless him and may he RIP.

08-18-2007, 08:26 PM
Holy crap. It's a shame that it has taken this long to give a memorial to Rocky. I'm glad that it's being done though. I'm sure administration had nothing to do with the planning. RIP Rocky.

08-18-2007, 09:22 PM
Holy crap. It's a shame that it has taken this long to give a memorial to Rocky. I'm glad that it's being done though. I'm sure administration had nothing to do with the planning. RIP Rocky.

Thanks to the staff at ARBOR PET HOSPITAL for putting this ceremony together. This piece of crap police administration and city commission did NOTHING to honor the memory of Rocky which just proves how worthless they are. RIP Rocky

08-19-2007, 12:53 PM
Can somebody please post when the memorial is going to be for Rocky? I would love to be there.

08-19-2007, 12:54 PM
Can somebody please post when the memorial is going to be for Rocky? I would love to be there.

08-19-2007, 09:31 PM

It is going to be this wednesday at 130 PM at 5 points. It is being put on by ARBOR PET HOSPITAL as the WMPD has NOTHING to do with the event as the Sun Sentinel reported in error.

08-23-2007, 12:32 AM
Today was a wonderful event. It was great seeing everyone come together for Rocky and Gonzo. It truly made me feel like the OLD WMPD was back together. Although, I did have to scratch my bald head wondering why so many were wearing green. Anyway, I was honored to be part of it and I feel blessed that I got to work with Rocky for the short time that I did. I have many fond memories of him, as I'm sure we all do. Rocky & Gonzo were finally given the recognition they deserve. I can't wait for the day my son is old enough for me to take him to the Law Enforcement Hall of Fame and I can show him a picture of Rocky and with great pride I can say, "Son, I worked with him, he was the best drug dog ever!" Here's to Rocky! May he RIP.

08-23-2007, 02:57 AM
Today was a wonderful event. It was great seeing everyone come together for Rocky and Gonzo. It truly made me feel like the OLD WMPD was back together. Although, I did have to scratch my bald head wondering why so many were wearing green. Anyway, I was honored to be part of it and I feel blessed that I got to work with Rocky for the short time that I did. I have many fond memories of him, as I'm sure we all do. Rocky & Gonzo were finally given the recognition they deserve. I can't wait for the day my son is old enough for me to take him to the Law Enforcement Hall of Fame and I can show him a picture of Rocky and with great pride I can say, "Son, I worked with him, he was the best drug dog ever!" Here's to Rocky! May he RIP.

You and your bro will ALWAYS be part of the old school WMPD. I have not felt like a Wilton Manors Cop for the past year and a half but I had some pride today seeing that Rocky & Gonzo got the tribute they deserved. Seeing the old lima units that were their today brought back memories of when we had a proactive police department, NOT MAYBERRY RFD like what the cheap imports brought in from FLPD have created. Hey, do we have anybody to actually drive the "stealth" police cars or are they going to be parked and left to be the joke on Wilton Drive. Somebody asked me today where the motorcycles were as vehicles have been speeding unchecked on NW 30 ct for a year. They went bye bye per the FLPD imports. They asked me what is the name of Gonzo's new dog and I replied none as it was taken away by Chief butt plug. I have a short time left and will be going green as will others but will not forget the memories of a real police department.

08-23-2007, 10:10 AM
I just do not understand one thing. Why would RP and DS show up at an event for someone they greatly dislike. After all, RP Did STRONGLY OBJECT to the FOPA paying the vet bills for Rocky after he was retired, despite the amount of dedicated service he has provided to the city. If memory serves me correctly, RP was quoted as saying "THIS WAS AN IMPROPER EXPENDATURE" but RP did not object to the FOPA footing the bill for the raincoats and also was insistent on the FOPA paying for the computer bags!!!I believe that paying the vet bills was a wonderful gesture.

08-23-2007, 01:16 PM
I'm sorry, I know this Topic is for Rocky, but I'm a little confused. Why would the Chief object to the FOPA paying for Rocky's medical bills? Why would the Chief have any say in what the FOPA does with their money? It was my understanding that the FOPA was a civilian volunteer group not associated with the police department. If I'm wrong, please someone correct me. If I'm right, then the FOPA should continue doing whatever they so desire with their money.

If the Chief doesn't want their money, then I'm sure BSO would appreciate it. In today's age where most people want to cut resources and funding to police, it seems to me the Chief would want any type of assistance from an outside source, whether or not he got to dictate how the money was spent. Don't get me wrong, if the FOPA wanted to spend their money on something for the police department that the Chief felt was against department policy, then I can understand him stopping that, but I don't believe paying Rocky's medical bills after retirement is within his right. Once again, if I'm wrong, I would love for someone to explain it to me.

08-24-2007, 09:56 AM
I just want to say that I really enjoyed attending the tribute to Rocky,which was well deserved and a long time coming. The only complaint I would have would have to be that the gathering was outdoors. Although it was somewhat undercover, it was still extremely hot and humid. Why was this not done indoors? I guess it really doesn't matter just as long as it took place. RIP Rocky.

08-25-2007, 01:06 AM
I just want to say that I really enjoyed attending the tribute to Rocky,which was well deserved and a long time coming. The only complaint I would have would have to be that the gathering was outdoors. Although it was somewhat undercover, it was still extremely hot and humid. Why was this not done indoors? I guess it really doesn't matter just as long as it took place. RIP Rocky.

The story I heard was that RP did not want anything to do with the ceremony. As a matter of fact, both he and the Mayor were notified numerous times and never responded. Since their objections of this ceremony were so obvious, a location on private property was looked into. No one knew they would be showing up until they did. The ONLY reason was to save SOME FACE with the community. Thank God Retired Chief RW spoke and handed OG the award. After all, it was Retired Chief RW who submitted the paperwork and received the certificate. Also, it was Retired Chief RW that was the Administrator when OG started the K-9 program. What could RP get up there and say. Hey OG, you have and are doing a great job. That is why you no longer have a dog IN MY POLICE DEPARTMENT!!!!!!!! It's to bad for us that the City of Sunrise has failed to consider RP's application for the Police Chiefs position because then we would have some chance of hiring a real police chief and get OUR police Department back on track but unfortunately for us, The City of Sunrise has more class and is looking for a qualified applicant.

08-25-2007, 12:09 PM

The story I heard was that RP did not want anything to do with the ceremony. As a matter of fact, both he and the Mayor were notified numerous times and never responded. Since their objections of this ceremony were so obvious, a location on private property was looked into. No one knew they would be showing up until they did. The ONLY reason was to save SOME FACE with the community. Thank God Retired Chief RW spoke and handed OG the award. After all, it was Retired Chief RW who submitted the paperwork and received the certificate. Also, it was Retired Chief RW that was the Administrator when OG started the K-9 program. What could RP get up there and say. Hey OG, you have and are doing a great job. That is why you no longer have a dog IN MY POLICE DEPARTMENT!!!!!!!! It's to bad for us that the City of Sunrise has failed to consider RP's application for the Police Chiefs position because then we would have some chance of hiring a real police chief and get OUR police Department back on track but unfortunately for us, The City of Sunrise has more class and is looking for a qualified applicant.

oh brother his face could use some saving. LOL Did ya see the three amigos side by side: Chalupa,John Denver and their trusty side kick the look out. They did not want this event to take place and were never going to allow it in a public facility. They were only there to see who showed up and maybe their eyes were opened up a bit.
Do you think he will ever GET IT. That he has lost our confidence and that we only say the things that we think he wants to hear. Lets keep our heads down boys and girls, I think the worst is yet to come.

08-26-2007, 03:38 AM

oh brother his face could use some saving. LOL Did ya see the three amigos side by side: Chalupa,John Denver and their trusty side kick the look out. They did not want this event to take place and were never going to allow it in a public facility. They were only there to see who showed up and maybe their eyes were opened up a bit.
Do you think he will ever GET IT. That he has lost our confidence and that we only say the things that we think he wants to hear. Lets keep our heads down boys and girls, I think the worst is yet to come.

They ,Chalupa XXL GRANDE aka super nacho, John Denver(rockey mounty high) And EC, any port in any storm ,really embarressed themselved in a tribute to ROCKY. He and Gonzo were to be paid tribute by the officers and civilians who respected the team, not by a phony police administration who hide behind a transparent city manager and city commission who could care less about protecting the residents of the city.Yo Rocky thank god your previous police chief and sgt RW & EG were their to pay the proper respect, you deserved it.

08-30-2007, 05:04 AM
You Rocky-You were a vital part of a police department that is no longer their. Gonzo and you were a perfect team that the " fraternity" will always, always remember. The best tribute that I can can is that you two will always "ROCK ON" with us as we remember of the Police Department we had. The will be remembered as good times but more important is that you two made a difference in the community you served. It was very important that we made a differenece but now we ALL could care less what happens in Wilton Manors. The Commission thinks it was about the contract but it is now about the Chief,RP, and how he could CARELESS about the department and the community he serves. Sad Day

08-30-2007, 05:26 PM
JUST WANTED TO SAY RIP ROCKY, and all yall need a lifeWhat life would that be?
And what kind of life do we have after Prick Perez anyway?
:roll: :oops: did i say that? that must have been my dog

08-30-2007, 05:26 PM
JUST WANTED TO SAY RIP ROCKY, and all yall need a lifeWhat life would that be?
And what kind of life do we have after Prick Perez anyway?
:roll: :oops: did i say that? that must have been my dog

09-02-2007, 06:24 AM
I just saw a copy of the latest Express newspaper. They have a excellent photo page and story of the Rocky tribute that everyone should see. Great photo. of x police chief Rick Wierzbicki giving a award for ROCKY to Gonzo along with pictures of x mayor King Wilkinson and x mayor Sandy Steen ( who may be back in office after the next election)Hats off to the EXPRESS STAFF for doing a story on Rocky who deserved the recognition even though when current Police Chief RP and PIO GG will not even return their phone calls to the EXPRESS when requesting information on current stories. Ran into someone running for office last night who said Chief RP was "best buddies" with Mayor Naugle of Ft Lauderdale. Does that really bode well for the future of the community and the Police Department. Makes you think a little bit about the direction this city is going. RIP Rocky

09-04-2007, 04:52 AM
Thank you Liz Baier for doing the story about Rocky. I go to work each night and their is not much good to this Police Department right now as it is just a glorified security guard service . I remember the times when I used to enjoy going to work with the opportunity to catch bad guys, seize narcotics and cash, with Rocky and then Gonzo"s other Patrol and Narcotics Detection Dog which was taken away from him( Hey Gonzo I am the Police Chief and will CRUSH you at every chance I have because I have that power and Lt DS has no mind of her own and will obey every insane order I give her) by the evil axis of Chief RP, do nothing Lt DS and do boy Lt RW or EC ( take your pick as they are one in the same). Please God, get me through another shift but I cannot take much more being guided by a administration of IDIOTS imported from FLPD and Mayor Scott Newton.

09-04-2007, 08:56 AM
Hey Rocky, I'm from BSO, read your story, and just want to say R.I.P. From what I read, your guys at WMPD really loved you and cared for you.
Sorry we didn't meet. Here's a website www.petloss.com (http://www.petloss.com). Your master or friends can write a memorial for you there. We'll see you when we cross the rainbow bridge. Till then. :cry:

09-09-2007, 03:35 AM
Wilton Manors has memorial for police dog
By Elizabeth Baier | South Florida Sun-Sentinel
September 2, 2007

They formed a semi-circle near the Five Points intersection in memory of Rocky, the city's beloved K-9.

"Rocky was exemplary. Period," said Dr. Timothy Benoit of Arbor Pet
Hospital.

"Rocky was a great dog," said Carmen Kentala, a bomb technician and K-9 handler for the Miami FBI office.

"Rocky was family," said Krystal Gonzalez, the 17-year-old daughter of Rocky's longtime partner, Officer Oscar Gonzalez.

More than 50 people gathered just after midday on a recent Wednesday for a memorial to honor Rocky.

Among them were K-9 units from seven local law enforcement agencies — Davie, Sunrise, Fort Lauderdale, Seminole, Miramar, the Broward Sheriff's Office and the FBI.

Rocky, who had a stroke in 2005, died on May 18, said Donna Taylor, manager of Arbor Pet Hospital, which treated Rocky. He was 13.

Born in Amsterdam, Rocky, a Belgian Malinois, became the first non-aggressive drug detection dog in Broward County when the city purchased him in October 1993. He was 14 months old, said Gonzalez, who remembered "having an instant connection" with Rocky when he chose him from a kennel in Indiana.

For the memorial, past and present residents and city officials hugged and consoled an emotional Gonzalez as he approached a small folding table where Fred Neely, president of the Wilton Manors Fraternal Order of Police, stood ready to start the memorial.

Rocky's four-legged friends stayed in air-conditioned cruisers as a dozen trainers from the K-9 Multi-Agency Training Group gathered behind the table. The trainers and fellow drug detection dogs all trained and played with Rocky, said Chad Bishop, a K-9 officer with the Davie Police Department.

A dozen employees from the animal hospital and about as many uniformed police officers stood quietly under the overhang of the former Celco gas station at Five Points. Many used digital cameras to snap pictures of Gonzalez as former Wilton Manors Police Chief Richard Wierzbicki gave him a special citation for canine police services.

In the time he served Wilton Manors, Rocky was called into service more than 1,750 times and was responsible for the seizure of about $3 million in cash, more than 45 pounds of cocaine, 66 pounds of marijuana, 901 marijuana plants, 3 ounces of heroin, 4 ounces of methamphetamine and Ecstasy, according to officers.

In 2001, Troy and Rasta, two K-9s of the same breed, joined Rocky on the police force until Rocky retired on Dec. 31, 2004. Only Rasta remains on active duty, Gonzalez said. Troy has cancer.

Throughout their service, the dogs boasted top-notch credentials and endured more training than the police officers they protected. They graduated from the 480-hour Patrol Service Canine School and were certified through the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.

The group of residents and Rocky fans said they didn't mind giving up their lunch breaks to attend the 20-minute memorial. At the end of the informal ceremony, Benoit, of the pet hospital, handed Gonzalez a white paper gift bag with green tissue and a ribbon with the name Rocky written on it. Inside was an urn with Rocky's remains.

"He wasn't just a dog," said Gonzalez, pausing to hold back tears.

"He was an officer," said Sandy Steen, who was mayor of Wilton Manors when the city purchased Rocky.

"Yes, he was an officer," Gonzalez said.

COMMENTS
Showing posts 1 - 16 of 16 Common Sense
Fort Lauderdale, FL Reply »
|Flag |#1 Sunday Sep 2

It was an embarrassment to Wilton Manors that the cermony had to be heald by an outside party on non-city owned property.
Lily

United States Reply »
|Flag |#2 Sunday Sep 2

I would reccomend this. i love dogs but to hear about one who made are country a better place is big. God bless you Rocky!!
Dee Posner

Los Angeles, CA Reply »
|Flag |#3 Sunday Sep 2

Rest in Peace, Rocky. Job well done

Pompano Beach, FL Reply »

|Flag |#4 Sunday Sep 2
I am glad that Arbor sponsored the service. It's a shame that the current Chief of Wilton Manors wanted nothing to do with the service and would not hold one in the city. He's a shame to the PD. I am glad that former Chief Wierzbicki was there to honor him. What a joke the WM PD has become.
Warlock

|Flag |#5 Sunday Sep 2

The entire situation at the P.D is tragic.They had it outside because the organizers wanted it on private property so they could control who was invited.If it were held on city property, Chief Perez or Mayor Scott Newton, would have squashed the ceremony as they both hate Oscar Gonzalez with a passion. Both came because they had to but neither were recognized by Fred Neely.Ask yourself why one of Broward County premier dog handlers now has NO dog to go on patrol with. Because it was taken away by Chief Perez on orders from the Mayor because Oscar stood up to both of them in defending the department and officers as President of the FOP Lodge #47.It was PURE political retaliation by the both of them. Not to use Gonzalez with a canine is both a diservice to the police department and to the residents of the City of Wilton Manors.Not only do you have less drug arrest's, more drugs are on the streets of Wilton Manors than ever before.You also lose the ability to track burglars, rapists, missing children etc and have to call BSO K9's to assist in apprehensions. Look at the revenue Rocky brought in, over 3 million bucks. As the city faces a deep financial crisis, you throw away a valuable revenue source. I hope the residents start to question the Police Chief,Mayor and City Commission about ths matter.You can tell in the locker room, briefing and on patrol that Oscar is not the same without a K9 partner.It is shame when politics threaten the safety of a community and lessen the quality of life of persons who reside and visit their. For more information I urge residents to go to www.leoaffairs.com (http://www.leoaffairs.com) , click on the message board icon on the upper right and then scroll down to FLORIDA and then Wilton Manors Police Department. You will be amazed on how the WMPD has been destroyed by Chief Perez and the City Commission. RIP Rocky. You deserve it my friend.

Lima Unit
|Flag |#6 Sunday Sep 2

Whoever Warlock is they are 100% right with the information they posted.

Fire WMPD Chief
|Flag |#7 Sunday Sep 2

What a total discrace the WMPD has become. From being one of the top premier agencies in Broward County to being the biggest JOKE not only in Broward County but adjoining Counties as well. It was great having the ceremony for Rocky and the reason Retired Chief Wierzbicki (Now BSO Commander Wierzbicki)presented Oscar with te award was because he was the chief at the time they started WMPD with a K-9 program and he was also the person who submitted the paperwork in order for Rocky to be a part of the Police Officers Hall of Fame. What did RP do???? Destroy the PD and remove the K-9 dog from Oscar strictly done for retaliation!!!! See what I am talking about.
http://forums.leoaffairs.com/viewforum.php...
OJ K9

|Flag |#8 Sunday Sep 2

Let me tell you about Captain Perez, okay it is now Chief Perez( and I use that term lightly, very lightly)because I know the lack of intelligence this man has.I have known Oscar Gonzalez and his family for many years. He is one of the best K9 trainers and handlers Broward County has ever seen. Ask yourself why does he not have a dog with the Wilton Manors Police Department. Go back to the Memorial for Rocky. The reason it was held on private property was because the organizers wanted to control who was their. Nobody wanted the current Police Chief Rick Perez or Mayor Scott Newton their because everybody knows they HATE Oscar because he stood up to them as he defended the WMPD as President of the FOP # 47.They were never ever ackowledged as being present as they should not have been.The reason one of the best K9 handlers in Broward County has no dog is because of POLITICAL reasons brought on by the Mayor and Police Chief.Mayor Scotty does not understand how a PATROL DOG helps the community fight crime and Chief Rick Perez is just his do boy puppet. Drugs are more prevelant like meth and crack on our streets that ever because the current police chief and city commission administration does not care.Hey our city has just lost the ability to track burglary suspects, armed robbers, rapists etc and seize drugs but now we have to call the Broward County Sheriffs Office K9's to do the work.WM residents just think, not only have you lost a dog that made over 600 hundred arrests but brought in over 3 million dollars. With the financial crisis the city is facing, how can you afford to shut off this stream of revenue because of Mayor Scott Newton, Police Chief Rick Perez and City Manager Joseph Gallegos. I worked with Rick Perez. He is nothing more than a destroy and conquer soldier who I guess works for the Mayor.Not only does he destroy employees but their families as well. I can attest to that.He is a poor, very poor excuse as a police executive and your city deserves better.

Fellow Officer
|Flag |#9 Sunday Sep 2

RIP Rocky-You worked for people who cared about yoy & Gonzo. Their is nothing left of this PD that you would remember. You will never be forgotten.

WMPDER
|Flag |#10 Sunday Sep 2

WE all miss Rocky and his abilities very much and HOPE the citizens question why GONZO does not have a PATROL DOG. We know the have a slug staff as POLICE CHIEF, MAYOR , CITY COMMISSION & CITY MANAGER but some serious questions need to be asked. PLEASE.

Jerry
AOL Reply »
|Flag |#11 Monday Sep 3

THANKS ROCKY FOR THE LIVES YOU MAY HAVE SAVED TAKING THAT GARBAGE(DRUGS)OFF THE STREET.YOU AND YOUR HANDLER ARE TRUE HEROS AND I AM GRAETFUL.
R.I.P 10/7

Rockyruled Reply »
|Flag |#12 Monday Sep 3

Rocky was working WM when I was younger. He was an asset to the WMPD, the community and the overall image of the department. Get another dog!!! Don't let dealers rule WM like pre-Rocky.

Floridian Reply »
|Flag |#13 Monday Sep 3
God bless you Rocky, and my condolences to Oscar.

Arbor pet hospital is the best. They took excellent care of my rotty and I plan on taken my new german shep pup to them even though I now live 20 miles away. But after reading the above comments i am glad i dont live in WM any more.

TomFLL
Comments: 141
NYC
ISP Location: New York, NY Reply »
|Flag |#14 Monday Sep 3
Floridian wrote:

God bless you Rocky, and my condolences to Oscar.
Arbor pet hospital is the best. They took excellent care of my rotty and I plan on taken my new german shep pup to them even though I now live 20 miles away. But after reading the above comments i am glad i dont live in WM any more.
I can't speak for most of this article except that I've taken my cats to Arbor Pet Hospital and I think that they are really good and caring -- I've been very impressed with the treatment and competence of the staff there.

THANKS GONZO N ROCKY
Pompano Beach, FL Reply »
|Flag |#15 Monday Sep 3

THANKS GONZO AND ROCKY FOR MANY GREAT YEARS OF SERVICE AND STORIES FOR ALL YOU TWO HAVE DONE FOR WMPD AND OTHER AGENCIES.

ITS REAL SAD TO SEE THAT POLITICS CAN SLAM PEOPLE IN CERYAIN JOBS. GONZO SORRY IT'S YOUR TURN TO FEEL THE HEAT AND GET SHAFTED..BUT ALLOF US HAVE BEEN DOING THIS LONG ENOUGH TO KNOW THAT US THE PEONS RARELY WIN WHEN YOU PLAY OR **** OFF THE POLITICAL MACHINE.

ITS AN EYE OPENER TO SEE THAT THE CURRENT WMPD POLICE CHIEF IS HATED, TRASHED AND HAS NO RESPECT FROM HIS FORCE. BUT IN HIS CORNER APPEARS TO BE THE REST OF THE MACHINE, WHO SEEM TO BE UNMOVED BY THE POSTERS HERE OR ON LEO AFFAIRS.

NO MATTER WHAT THEY DO, DO YOUR JOB WELL AND GET THAT PENSION. NO ONE CANTAKE THE MEMORIES, STORIES AND SITUATIONS YOU HANDLED AS A GREAT STREET COP WITH A BEAUTIFUL PARTNER.

HAPPY TO SEE THAT ROCKY HAD A CEREMONY..I DONT CARE WHERE IT WAS OR IF IT WAS SPONSORED...ROCKY AND YOU DESERVED THIS AWHILE AGO.....HANG IN THERE

I WONDER WHAT SHARON ANDERSON WOULD HAVE DONE IF SHE HAD BEEN GIVEN THE JOB?????????? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Ed C
|Flag |#16 Thursday Sep 6
Are you serious? I can't believe what I am reading. Rocky brought that much money to Wilton Manors and the NUT JOB of a Mayor took the dogs away and so called (chief) Perez would not even acknowledge Rocky. They have gone tooooooo far. It is every citizen's duty in Wilton Manors to get rid of this bunch before the whole city goes down. I hope someone runs for office besides this group and their little cronies. WHAT A DISGRACE

09-09-2007, 03:54 AM
Yo Gonzo-I have not talked to you in many years but I just heard about Rocky. I want to wish you and your family the very best because I know he was part of your family. I left for a bigger PD and always wonder if it was the right thing to do because I left my chief, police family and friends. Sometimes in life you question things that you do and I thought I did the wrong thing but in lieu to what happend to the WMPD my heart pulled me the right way.X Chief RW gave me a chance when NOBODY else would, and I will always be gratefull for the oppurtunity. Other Chiefs sneered at me but RW took a chance and ( if I have to pat myself on the chest) I think I was a pretty good police officer and Deputy Sheriff. I will always remember Rocky and his tennis balls. RIP Rocky

09-10-2007, 02:24 AM
"Just a Dog"

You say I'm "Just a Dog" then why would it be,
if you spell my name backwards god is what you see

I have many jobs, one is protecting your life
or making sure your family's safe when that prowler is out at night

I would chase down any man who hurt someone,
I would protect you with my life until my job is done

I search for drugs in many different places,
I can pick them out of any thing even though they come in many different phases

I can sniff out a bomb that might be in your child's school,
I would risk being blown up to make sure your child comes home to you

If you're hurt in the woods or just lost and scared
I will search as long as it takes to make sure your life is spared

I am loyal to my master for they are first in my eyes,
I will always stand beside them for we are partners till I die

Of all these jobs that I do, my most important is protecting you,
protecting your life with the risk of losing mine even though I have never met you

So after all these things that you read,
tell me when you look into my eyes is "Just a Dog" all you see?

by

Christina Sudduth

Used with Special Permission of the Author
Copyright © June 2000 - All Rights Reserved
and may not be duplicated without permission

09-13-2007, 04:38 AM
Got a good story coming your way my friend.RIP Rocky.Keep getting those tennis balls.

09-13-2007, 03:05 PM
Rest in peace Rocky. Sorry your handler's ego has bloated his head so big that his hair cant keep up. Midnights is where he belongs , that way his oversized ego can't been seen in the light of day. He is a cancer. :lol:

09-14-2007, 05:23 AM
Rest in peace Rocky. Sorry your handler's ego has bloated his head so big that his hair cant keep up. Midnights is where he belongs , that way his oversized ego can't been seen in the light of day. He is a cancer. :lol:

Pretty sad when this low life would post this blog in a tribute to Rocky.Seems to me that most cops that are worth a dam work midnights because that when most of the crime occurs. I would think Gonzo could work days if he wanted because of his seniority but why would he . The entire squad who actually "worked" dayshift have left for "greener" pastures . Lets see, DR,BB, & RS have left. Who do you have left to come to work and back you up. KOJERK the rat and his note pad. GG the PIO who never puts anything good in the paper. And why would you want to see the light of day in this police department. You would have to look at Chief RP and LT DS, and that is scary, very scary. Not about ego, it is about doing the right thing . :lol:

09-14-2007, 11:50 AM
Greener pastures!!! Why doesn't he go? Give the real reason, not the standard BS about "retirement benefits". He is on midnights cause nobody likes him. Why can't he go to BSO? Is because he can't? Is it because they won't take him? In the real world if you don't like where you work you quit and go elsewhere. I suspect he can't do anything else except work at WMPD. The truth hurts. :lol:

09-14-2007, 01:43 PM
Greener pastures!!! Why doesn't he go? Give the real reason, not the standard BS about "retirement benefits". He is on midnights cause nobody likes him. Why can't he go to BSO? Is because he can't? Is it because they won't take him? In the real world if you don't like where you work you quit and go elsewhere. I suspect he can't do anything else except work at WMPD. The truth hurts. :lol:

It seems some little man is a very angry person. I suggest decaf, if that doesn’t work try therapy. I’m sure FLPD has an employee assistance program.

09-18-2007, 04:28 AM
THANK YOU to Gonzo and Fred Neely for having the great retirement dinner for Sgt Dominic Raimondi, Detective Rick Shawver and X PBA Rep Detective Brian Behan along with the tribute for ROCKY. These guys deserved a much bigger send off for what they contributed to the PD and community but the city powers at be showed their lack of class and gave them NOTHING. Wow after more than 60 years of working at Wilton Manors this is what they get from the city. Nothing. Just shows what a loser the spineless City Manager, Joseph Gallegos is and will be. Yeh when has he stood up for the employees or cops. NEVER. A lot of people at the dinner were smiling who have not smiled in many months. It made the afternoon that much more rewarding. Thanks you 3. You are going to better places, much better and your NEW agencies will appreciate what you bring. Congrats DEPUTIES!

09-18-2007, 04:42 AM

I think a real cop or man who volunteers to work midnights to make a difference in his community is stand up and a real loser or suck up is a hemroidddd ( EC) who cheats on his wife with a "underling" aide, loses his family, the respect of his in-laws who thought of him as a son, has a daughter who will be fatherless until Deb finds a "real' man which she will. Thank you for not showing up Sunday because you would have been asked to LEAVE the establishment as no RATS are allowed on the property.