PDA

View Full Version : P.S.C.U

06-21-2007, 08:08 PM
What's wrong with the employees in P.S.C.U ? :twisted:

06-21-2007, 08:44 PM
Overworked and understaffed. Throw in managers who shouldn't be in a position to manage..makes for low morale,very low morale :(

06-21-2007, 09:53 PM
Overworked and understaffed. Throw in managers who shouldn't be in a position to manage..makes for low morale,very low morale :(

Hey, count your blessings! Take a look at Miami's forum, it's heartbreaking!

06-22-2007, 02:36 PM
IF I WAS STUCK IN ONE BIG ASS ROOM ON ONE FLOOR FOR ENTIRE SHIFT, BREAKS OF COURSE, I WOULD GO INSANE WITHOUT THE OTHER B.S.
THANKS GUYS UPSTAIRS, WE ARE NOT ALL PERFECT, ONE DAY AT A TIME.

06-22-2007, 02:50 PM
This is a good thread! You guys don't get thanked enough for all that you deal with....so, Thank you. Anyone that talks garbage about any dispatchers need to remember one thing, just like we have great cops and shitty cops, there are good dispatchers and shitty dispatchers....that goes for ANY line of work!

Thanks again to all of you!

07-26-2008, 04:56 AM
kind words considering some of the rude officers that are on the air. just listen to the radio so the beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeppp doesnt go over the air 8)

07-26-2008, 08:07 AM
Well, some of us are rude because it is sometimes difficult to listen to priority calls while you morons are giggling over the air, have attitiudes when we ask for things that you should have provided in the first place, or you just plain lose us.

Do we have losers on the street...defintiely! Do you also have them...most defintiely! Here is the issue though: A loser police officer has a smaller scope in which to annoy people whereas we ALL have to deal with a crappy dispatcher! Think about it.

07-26-2008, 03:40 PM
dispatchers giggling over the air? but its qru for you nimrods to have your radios next to each other with that loud noise and then screaming at each other during regular transmissions. lets c u take some calls from irate customers while trying to get vital 13 from them to provide to dispatch who then relays it to grumpy old men or idiotic young hot heads who dont know shit but try to out talk the dispatcher. county wouldnt put up with it. and a crappy officer has to deal with the public just as much as we do. both jobs: dispatcher/call taker and officers annoy the public equally: from getting much 13 when they just want help to officers who take their time. again lets c some of u calltake and dispatch.

07-26-2008, 10:23 PM
If you happen to find a dispatcher giggling, be thankful. most are cranky and miserable, it reflects on the air..A giggle here and there,
who cares..get over it..being tied to a console like a dog on a leash
tied to a tree is a tease...close enough to the water, close enough to
the bathroom, close enough to the light switch, but NOT enough...
You try being in a room without a window with people one would never even associate with on the street..depending on them for ofcrs safety,
and making your calls look good. please a laugh here or there won't kill you so go take some wheaties you crybaby.!

07-26-2008, 10:40 PM
dispatchers are supposed to keep the same 1 note voice on the air and they do that. i dont think n e of them r cranky or miserbale. they just do their jobs. sometimes they act up but hey its all part of the job

07-27-2008, 04:52 PM
Go to the City or the County and listen to what Professional Dispathers sound like. Our's sound like they use to dispatch for Central Cab.

07-27-2008, 11:34 PM
Thought this was for leos. BTW it is not up to you who gets a 12 so stop threatned us. In over twenty years of service this is some of the worst dispatching in the USA. My fellow officers have gotten hurt because of some of the stupid mistakes and when a supervisor and command staff call up there they get blown off and nothing gets done. Maybe the county is a good idea or get rid of civilian supervisors and replace them with sworn sergeants like we use to do. things ran much smoother

07-28-2008, 02:01 AM
listening to the county dispatchers, you all wouldnt last. be rude to them and theyd cut u or make u dispatch if u can handle it. and officers are never where they say they are so if a 315 goes off we send them to where u tell us u r and ur not there whose fault is that who threatens u 4 a 12 no one does u go 06 at 830 and go on the list at 730 what do u expect

07-28-2008, 02:28 AM
As the old saying goes...You know where you are..GOD knows where you
are..but if the dispatcher doesn't know where you are..YOU and GOD had better be on good terms when the Sugar Honey Iced Tea hits the fan and you need a 315. The Sgts should have never been taken out of PSCU, the civilians could have been used as floor supervisors and there was no need to have mgrs. Before the mgrs as I remember, the Sgts did just fine
supervisoring upstairs.

07-28-2008, 12:28 PM
:( Hm..... we are here to provide excellent service to all...
Miami Beach caters to their resides who all need to be 39'd themselves.
We provide anything from a taxi to a removal of kittens in the wall.
PLEASSSE.... MBPD = Make Believe police department..
The ofcrs should wear a strip on the leg & be ushers at the movie
theatres too...I wanna see a Miami cop be told to kiss butt of a
a citizen...Metro, do they even have contact with theirs?
We are more of a GOLDEN BEACH with a Surfside flair..Dispatchers
are dispatchers, some good, some not so good. they all try..
Some should be fired, yes, just like some cops should be...
Build a case, we are civil service...

07-28-2008, 06:22 PM
Brother or Sisiter I hear you and feel for you.
Unfortunately the ones that only know Miami Beach P.d., can only base their beliefs on this Dpet. only. They are threatened if you come from another Dept. and bring forth constructive critisism to better this place.

The old timers do not want change and the newbees don't know any better.

I know I know: If you don't like it, leave. Or look at the great evnironment we wrok in. Or, the usual fallback, look how good the $$ is....So yes I do know certain things can be better, but I will shut the F up and make the good $$.....

07-29-2008, 01:31 AM
Does anybody else notice a certain dispatcher missing? RM Jr. Haven't heard him up there for quite sometime... I know he was pretty sick,what happened?

07-29-2008, 02:05 AM
He got smart and told them where to put it. Maybe being forced too many times? maybe being stuck with a sharp knife in the back?
hope his exit interview he speaks the truth...

07-31-2008, 01:18 PM
As the old saying goes...You know where you are..GOD knows where you
are..but if the dispatcher doesn't know where you are..YOU and GOD had better be on good terms when the Sugar Honey Iced Tea hits the fan and you need a 315. The Sgts should have never been taken out of PSCU, the civilians could have been used as floor supervisors and there was no need to have mgrs. Before the mgrs as I remember, the Sgts did just fine
supervisoring upstairs.

but if a unit dont adv on a nu location dispatchers wont know. they go 05 without telling the dispatcher. they clear calls without telling dispatchers so hey its on the units

08-03-2008, 01:03 AM
I would just be happy if dispatch could sort through the BS calls that do not pertain to PD. 07 the dumb sh*T

08-03-2008, 02:34 AM
The dispatchers are told to dispatch all calls! If she or he notifies the Sgt he or she can 07 the BS call.
I had a call sent up a few years ago of a male that got into a car and the car went N on Collins from 71st ST,
guess what? NO description of the 38 or the car, but yet I was told to dispatch units to the scene. The
Sgt 07'd it when he found out there was no callback either. So it's not always the Disp fault. :devil:

08-03-2008, 02:19 PM
I would just be happy if dispatch could sort through the BS calls that do not pertain to PD. 07 the dumb sh*T

yeah what wishful thinking said. dispatchers put the calls out its up to the sgts and lieus t0 07 calls not dispatchers. the complainant calls back furious why they havent met with police wants the sgt and then dispatch gets blame so let the sgt or lieu deal with it.

08-04-2008, 12:43 AM
HAHA cool devil, thats what I picture when I hear you on the radio

08-04-2008, 03:39 AM
well, if the sgts would do their job you wouldn't go on crappy calls....but we cater and service every 38 in the city, each 43 too get
to have ofcrs come out... tell ur sgt to listen to the radio more often...
callbacks....you want a callback before arrival...how about we tell every citizen, just goe downstairs, send the flair for the unit to see you.. :snicker:

08-04-2008, 01:19 PM
city hall deserves blame too for pampering the citizenry of miami beach. if someone puts a garbage bag out in front of a home they want a bolo put out on the subject's vehicle. if someone gets lost in the middle they want a bolo and want to know why the lost person is in their neighborhood