PDA

View Full Version : are you kidding me deputy

06-18-2007, 01:50 AM
What I haerd from a resident today disgusted me. This person is 60 years old he was riding around the neighborhood on his moped, an some deputy pulled him over and gave him a citation for not having a registration on his scooter. Then the deputy had the balls to come back to the guys residence and told him to give him back the citation because he realized he made a mistake and the moped did not have to be registered or something and reissued the guy a different citation for failure to carry his license. Is this deputy kidding me, a 60 year old man in his neighborhood just driving his moped. Dude get a life are you scared to pull over a car full of hoodlums, I guess so. You wouldn't last a minute in a crime infested city job. There is a huge gang problem down here for your information, stop messing with the elderly and get some balls and start pulling over thugs. Hernando stop worrying about citations and start making real crime arrests.

06-18-2007, 05:34 AM
I know the laws are different in every state. I can speak on behalf of Ga, and the offense of driving without license on person is not a stand alone charge. I'm sure the ticket isn't too much, but if the Deputy acknowledged the man did not have to have his registration and that was the reason for the stop, that would make the stop invalid. It is kind of ridiculous that some jurisdictions bother with stuff like that. I work in the Atlanta area and we are more reactive versus proactive.

06-18-2007, 11:27 PM
maybe that is why there is so much crime in Atlanta, cause ya'll are REACTIVE as opposed to being PROACTIVE.

06-19-2007, 06:14 AM
In the Atlanta area we are like many other agencies, trying to do more with less. The call volume and population is going up, the only thing not going up is the pay. It leaves us little time to self initiate anything on the evening shift. After Hurricane Katrina we got our share of "refugees" to the Atlanta area, and nothing good has happened beyond that. Hopefully we will get the manpower down the road to be more proactive, but that would include the city council recognizing we have a problem. I can't wait to take the EOT class in Florida and get back home.

07-03-2007, 09:32 PM
Wow, maybe giving the old man a warning is a crazy idea. Sometimes I think some of us lose sight of the real crimes out there. The Deputy made a mistake by giving him a citation that is not on the books for Mopeds and the man made a mistake by not having his license on him. Instead of making a friend of a citizen by taking the ticket back and shrugging it off as a nice guy, we'll just go to his house and give him a different ticket. Classy. How about we just give you a little I.A. complaint for failing to perform your job properly and we'll call it a day. A little counseling letter isn't all that expensive as the last writer said the ticket isn't too expensive. It's just the principle.

07-03-2007, 09:32 PM
Wow, maybe giving the old man a warning is a crazy idea. Sometimes I think some of us lose sight of the real crimes out there. The Deputy made a mistake by giving him a citation that is not on the books for Mopeds and the man made a mistake by not having his license on him. Instead of making a friend of a citizen by taking the ticket back and shrugging it off as a nice guy, we'll just go to his house and give him a different ticket. Classy. How about we just give you a little I.A. complaint for failing to perform your job properly and we'll call it a day. A little counseling letter isn't all that expensive as the last writer said the ticket isn't too expensive. It's just the principle.

07-11-2007, 06:14 AM
I want my #@%^ ICECREAM!!!

07-11-2007, 12:26 PM
if they would get rid of "STARCOM" this kind of thing would go away....just a numbers game and if you haven't hit your quota you get in trouble.......

07-11-2007, 08:03 PM
Heres how it works.
we get complaints of mopeds, loud wind chimes, and many other minor things.

We have to enforce the complaints we get.

Pretty simple..

You dont like talk to our boss we are just doing what we are told to due. Respond to complaints thats all..

11-06-2007, 09:45 AM
So becasue he is 60 he is allowed to violate the law? I love how everyone thinks they are superior or have exceptions. "Just cuase" I know someone, Im 60, I live here, I live there, This person is so and so, Im a cop, im a friend of a friends cop, I like boys, I like girls.... Get over it! It dosent matter if you like it or not, the law is the law! If it was illegal than I say GOOD FOR YOU DEPUTY...
Im pro choice. I have stopped MANY people over 60, especially here in Hernando... Alot of them have been given warnings, alot have been given citations.... Our job is to enoforce the law. Deal with it.

11-30-2007, 01:26 PM
So becasue he is 60 he is allowed to violate the law? I love how everyone thinks they are superior or have exceptions. "Just cuase" I know someone, Im 60, I live here, I live there, This person is so and so, Im a cop, im a friend of a friends cop, I like boys, I like girls.... Get over it! It dosent matter if you like it or not, the law is the law! If it was illegal than I say GOOD FOR YOU DEPUTY...
Im pro choice. I have stopped MANY people over 60, especially here in Hernando... Alot of them have been given warnings, alot have been given citations.... Our job is to enoforce the law. Deal with it.

Your obviously an overzealous, rookie cop. Stroke everyone you come into contact with and arrest as many as you can. I know your kind and you will burn out quick. Remember enforcing the law doesn't always mean everyone gets a ticket or goes to jail. It also means to educate....especially with traffic. Obviously there are many circumstances that don't leave any discretion, but there are many that are. Use better judgment Deputy Sheriff....

11-30-2007, 09:13 PM
You are so right.Too many newbies think are supercop.Its just a job.Use discretion

12-08-2007, 06:22 AM
ok so let me get this straight. he messes up and goes to the residence and still gives the guy a citation? whoa you messed up suck it up it. It has nothing to do with him being 60 or 16 u inforced a law that was not there...so u chalk it up as a mistake and move on dont write the guy a different ticket....HMMMM :roll: i wonder why they talk crap about hcso???

03-31-2008, 03:07 AM
if they would get rid of "STARCOM" this kind of thing would go away....just a numbers game and if you haven't hit your quota you get in trouble.......WOW!, just like FHP!

04-18-2008, 01:12 PM
Let me think, if the Moped doesn't have to be registered, then he doesn't have to have a license to drive it either. Does he?

04-25-2008, 08:21 AM
Cheers-

What is up with the traffic unit with the Hernando SO? My uncle had just returned from serving in Iraq, two days before, and was pulled over for a very minor traffic citation by a deputy (Edited by Mod 100).

Granted he did violate a traffic law, but considering he has not driven much in the last 2 years and that he was driving his buddies car that he was unfamiliar with; a slap on the wrist for a military officer would have been appropriate.

I support you guys/gals 99% of the time, but there are some among you guys that are focused on the moment, and can not see the big picture.

Be Safe!

04-25-2008, 07:20 PM
If you have a problem then take to the supervisor. There are 2 sides to every story. Your post is uncalled for and I am sure Uncle is big enough to take care of his own problems.. We just are doing our jobs... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

04-26-2008, 06:52 PM
Cheers-

What is up with the traffic unit with the Hernando SO? My uncle had just returned from serving in Iraq, two days before, and was pulled over for a very minor traffic citation by a deputy (Edited by Mod 100).

Granted he did violate a traffic law, but considering he has not driven much in the last 2 years and that he was driving his buddies car that he was unfamiliar with; a slap on the wrist for a military officer would have been appropriate.

I support you guys/gals 99% of the time, but there are some among you guys that are focused on the moment, and can not see the big picture.

Be Safe!

Oh so because he is a military officer he should get special treatment.

05-30-2009, 02:50 PM
What I haerd from a resident today disgusted me. This person is 60 years old he was riding around the neighborhood on his moped, an some deputy pulled him over and gave him a citation for not having a registration on his scooter. Then the deputy had the balls to come back to the guys residence and told him to give him back the citation because he realized he made a mistake and the moped did not have to be registered or something and reissued the guy a different citation for failure to carry his license. Is this deputy kidding me, a 60 year old man in his neighborhood just driving his moped. Dude get a life are you scared to pull over a car full of hoodlums, I guess so. You wouldn't last a minute in a crime infested city job. There is a huge gang problem down here for your information, stop messing with the elderly and get some balls and start pulling over thugs. Hernando stop worrying about citations and start making real crime arrests.
Can you say Barney Fife?

05-30-2009, 02:58 PM
Cheers-

Be Safe!

Oh so because he is a military officer he should get special treatment.

Nugents sons do so why not the average Joe serving? Nugent asks the public to support his sons while he doesn't back other military officers? F^$#ing egomanic is what Nugent is.