PDA

View Full Version : I.A.

06-17-2007, 05:15 AM
whatever happened to the recent I.A. involving a SGT.
was it brushed under the rug?

AFOR
06-18-2007, 12:49 AM
Well, I know he didn't receive the demotion he deserved. So it may as well have been "brushed under the rug".

06-29-2007, 04:01 PM
From what I heard about the incident it appeared to be a (S.C. 5) violation which for a first offense carries a 1 to 3 day suspension. I could find nothing in the policy regarding demotion for a S.C. 5 violation, probably up to the discretion of the chief. If what I heard of the incident is true and I was the chief I certainly would not want that person in a supervisory position. However, based on the way sanction class on a violation was downgraded to allow a recently promoted Sgt. to even be eligible to take the Sgt.'s test, I would think he should expect a verbal. By the way has anyone heard anything about the aformentioned new Sgt.'s lawsuit against the city. Oh yeah, forgot, that was dropped after she was allowed to take the test and was ensured of promotion. :oops:

06-29-2007, 11:26 PM
well if the rumors are true and the sgt. wrote what he wrote, he should get sued for slander. i hear thats not the first time that sgt has attempted to make an officer change the charges..ask around..

07-12-2007, 09:01 PM
Which IA are you referencing ??

07-13-2007, 04:17 AM
Do us a favor. U guys have to provide details. What was in the letter?

07-13-2007, 05:41 AM
Yeah do share the details of that letter...

07-13-2007, 05:57 AM
Pretty messed up what that Sgt. did from what I hear, and then to be followed up with that other thing to hit that officer... Talking about bad luck!

07-13-2007, 06:27 PM
A supervisor inteferring with an official investigation and then makes false and slandered comments about a fellow officer. What kind of Dept allows or tolerates this behavior.

WOW what a place

07-27-2007, 04:29 AM
it's the same place where officer's dissapear and are forgotten about by all the malcontent's. go out and do your job but don't get injured. any one aware of the new minimum wage?

07-27-2007, 12:52 PM
Help me! I'm a lesbian ------- trapped in a man's body! :(

AFOR
07-27-2007, 09:38 PM
Have no fear, all of our worries are over. I just heard we are part of some type of Union. PBS, or PBA or something like that. :D

07-28-2007, 11:17 AM
I hear there is an IA (with another LPD Ofc) concerning a bar fight. Anyone heard anything of this??? Is it true?

08-01-2007, 03:04 AM
I heard that he even fired his gun in the bar. I am from another agency, and that type of person gives u guys a bad reputation. Hey if it's true, then I guess u guys can get away with several misdemeanors, or even a felony or two.

08-01-2007, 02:43 PM
For your information the officer had an A/D in the parking lot when he retrieved his gun from his vehicle. This was due to the fact that his fellow Marines (2 LEO's and 1 Firefighter) were being beat, kicked and stomped into the ground by a mob of about 40 $hitheads. Two of them ended up being hospitalized for their injuries. I would like to know what you would do if one of your friends or co workers were in imminent threat of great bodily injury or death. Glad I don't have to rely on you for back up. Worry about your own house, we'll take care of ours.

08-07-2007, 02:42 AM
I HOPE THAT PERSON LEARNS TO HANDLE HIS/HER FIREARM A LITTLE BETTER WHEN THEY COME BACK TO WORK.

LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT. A FIGHT BROKE OUT, GRANTED THERE WERE SOME INJURIES OCCURRING. NO SHOTS WERE FIRED TOWARDS THEM AND IT APPEARS THAT NO MENTION OF A FIREARM WAS DIRECTED TOWARDS THEM.

AT BEST THIS WAS A LOW- MILD STRESSFUL EVENT.

THE OFFICER, OBVIOUSLY UNDER SOME TYPE OF UNKNOWN TREMENDOUS STRESS RETRIEVES HIS/HER FIREARM, COMPLETELY DISREGARDING EVERYTHING HE/SHE WAS TAUGHT INFIREARMS TRAINING AND RACKS A ROUND INTO THE GROUND/FLOOR.

IT APPEARS THAT SOMEONE DOESNT HANDLE STRESS VERY WELL AND MAYBE NEEDS TO CONSIDER ANOTHER JOB.

I REMEMBER LESS THAN ONE YEAR AGO A DEPUTY WAS SHOT BY ANOTHER DEPUTY WHO WAS OBVIOUSLY NOT HANDLING STRESS VERY WELL.

DO WE NEED THIS?

WE HAVE ENOUGH NEGLIGENT RETENTION, LETS NOT CONTIUNE THIS PRACTICE.

08-10-2007, 07:37 PM
What part of fear of great bodily injury or death and the fact that two of them had to be hospitilized did you not understand. I think your comprehension skills may be mild - moderate. :lol: :twisted: :lol:

08-10-2007, 07:44 PM
Yeah, bet that officer wouldn't have a problem putting a contact shot on a perp who was actively stabbing a fellow officer. Unlike a recently promoted sgt.. Hind sight is not 20/20 when your taking a dirt nap.

08-10-2007, 10:20 PM
STANDBY FOR CHARGES TO BE FILED....

08-12-2007, 09:41 AM
A/D......OK.....LOL...........I know where you are going with that and I support you.........fact is that officer is down for a good scuffle but when it gets out of hand...and one of his buddies is facing serious bodily injury..........he did what he had to do....use a firearm to prevent a forcible felony.

08-14-2007, 02:23 AM
I can't believe what I am reading. First, what in the world was he going to do with the gun? (Shoot unarmed person), better yet if he had the gun out, no identification, wow it could have been real bed if another cop rolled up. Rememeber, it was only a fight, no weapons. Secondly, why was he in his car, and not in the fight? I was not there, but I would have been in the fight at least, and then the problem is going to be if he had a chance to call the authorities or not.

I agree, not the person I want backing me up.

08-20-2007, 05:35 AM
Wow, I can't believe what I am reading here. For the most part, actually all the part, none of us were there except for the individuals who took part in the fight. Most of us are making our judgements based upon speculation and assumption. For those of you who want to monday morning quarteback this non-criminal incident, don't. You can't make a good argument. You weren't there. These guys are trained police officers and Marines. If you are going to assume... assume they are highly trained protecters of freedom. They took matters into their own hands and made an expeditous decision. Right or wrong... they acted.

08-20-2007, 11:09 PM
I love people who make assumptions about what happened and what they would do and what the other person did wrong when they have no idea what the facts are in the first place. Without either being there or having ALL the facts you should do us all a favor and keep your mouth shut.

08-21-2007, 06:18 PM
i talked to a highlands county deputy who was there and he said there will be charges filed.
i am just saying what i heard and remember the person i spoke to is not the person in charge of filing charges.
just FYI

08-21-2007, 07:26 PM
So if you talked with a deputy who isn't in charge of the case... i.e. the detective, he is probably spreading rumors just like you. Remember people... we weren't there and we don't know the whole circumstance. Let it ride out without putting a negative spin on it. For their sake. Our guy is good guy. Support him.

08-23-2007, 05:35 PM
This is what we do, when situations happen, we talk about it (Rumors, speculate, etc...)but the fact of the matter is this, he put himself in a potentionally bad situation that he may not recover from. He did do something, but he left it in the hands of other individuals to decide his fate( Not syaing that he did the right or wrong thing).

Like u said, we will have to wait and see the outcome.

Finally, no one said that he was a bad guy, it just sounds like he may have made a bad decision. I can't say that I would have not done the same thing, who knows.

08-24-2007, 03:48 AM
o.k. guy's enough's is enough....none of us were there and this is why administration's love this site because all we do is monday morning quarterback and fight amoug ourselve's....anyway the reason i'm here is policing 101...if you go out and are going to drink...don't carry a firearm, end of story. there is also another spin, there is a new breed of rookies. day one out of the academy they know, seen and done it all and most of all they don't listen. that's why god made twenty year cop's....when i came out we respected them and if they chose too talk to us WE SHUT UP and gladly took their advice. anyway those day's are over and will never return. that's why the guy's with the bar's and star's on their shirt's love this stuff, we are our own worse enemies. o.k. i'll get off the soap box. stick together because united we are very strong.......be safe.

08-29-2007, 04:00 PM
if the rookies listened to everything the 20 year cops said and did they would just sit under a tree and complain about everything.
we need more officers like 260, 284,221,178 and im sure a few more that i didnt mention.
we need less of the complaining and calling in sick.
its a shame when a 20 year vet doesnt have more sick time than a 2 year rookie because they call in sick every chance they get. earn em and burn em is the motto for some.

09-04-2007, 04:36 PM
if the rookies listened to everything the 20 year cops said and did they would just sit under a tree and complain about everything.
we need more officers like 260, 284,221,178 and im sure a few more that i didnt mention.
we need less of the complaining and calling in sick.
its a shame when a 20 year vet doesnt have more sick time than a 2 year rookie because they call in sick every chance they get. earn em and burn em is the motto for some.

Sounds like this rookie really loves his FTO's. I'm sure they appreciate your adoration. This guy would have made a great mark for Scott Lawson at PCSO back in the day. "Listen troop, I know your only 19 but it's never to early to start checking your prostate. Would you like one finger or two?" :twisted: