PDA

View Full Version : Trooper Lawrence writes cops brother tickets

06-16-2007, 06:28 PM
Hey Trooper Lawrence thanks for writing my brother tickets. You taught me how to handle Cops families from now on. I used to give them verbal warnings. Once they tell me there a Cops brother, sister, wife, husband. I m gonna write them 4 tickets just like you. Thanks for teaching me the way.

06-16-2007, 07:14 PM
why are u posting this in here and not in FHP site

06-17-2007, 04:06 AM
those mother ****er FHP TROOPERS doesnt deserve a chance, pls dont give them any breaks to those pieces of shit, and dont
dare to call them officers!

06-17-2007, 07:09 PM
I have to agree with G. Who are you people? Go away we have enough negativity here without bringing troopers in right Benny :D .

06-18-2007, 04:33 AM
those mother ****er FHP TROOPERS doesnt deserve a chance, pls dont give them any breaks to those pieces of shizzat, and dont
dare to call them officers!

I'll tell you an old story.Back in the late 70's a Trooper wrote a citation for speeding to a city cop.This trooper liked to eat at the old Ranch House.One day he made a u-turn while leaving and was pulled over for this violation.He refused to sign was arrested, he resisted and got hurt resisting.The trooper was released once his supervisor responded and brokered a deal for no further bad blood between the city and FHP.
This is true..

06-19-2007, 07:55 PM
I was there!

07-05-2007, 05:12 AM
Where and when did this happen? :shock:

SgtRubio
07-23-2007, 12:45 AM
Good evening - just joined this forum after reading it for a couple of months. I am a 22 year retired HPD officer but I left so many years ago that, most probably, none of you would have known me.

I remember a couple of incidents with FHP Troopers & the one described was the mildest. For any of the guys who read this & who were on in the early 70's, you probably remember when Sgt. John Richards got the 80+ MPH ticket in Orlando when on the Boy Scout outing.

Back then, we had about 125 officers, a good Chief & Administrative Staff, a great PBA & we stuck together. We also weren't afraid to stand up to Henry Milander, Big Red & the other Mayors of that time who thought they could control & direct the Department.

Anyway, John Richards, one of the best liked Sgts on the Department, got a speeding ticket around Orlando. The Trooper knew he was a Police Officer & stated he didn't really care about cops from "rinky dink" police departments in South Florida. Well, we had 3 or 4 of them living in Hialeah at the time, mostly in the Northwest townhouse sections.

Over the next several days, they all got tickets in the units for improper backing out of their driveways, speeding, failure to use turn signals, failing to stop on red prior to right turn, etc.. Some of their family members also paid the price.

Result was that the FHP First Sergeant met with our PBA Board, at his request, & a truce was declared after much apologizing on his part & a personal guarantee that if another HPD officer got ticketed by one of his personnel or personnel from another Troop somewhere else in the State, he would personally take care of it. I was a member of the board & was
present for the meeting.

This is the type of "back watching" & "comradarie" that existed within the HPD at that time. In reading what is posted on this board, I can easily see that there is very little, & possibly none, of that same spirit existing in the Department currently. I could go on for hours about the mean spirited, back biting, personal attack journalism that you all are practicing.

I only knew your "100" when he was still with the FDLE - Don't believe he was liked over there either.

Anyway, as a former supervisory member of your Department, I am truly saddened by the current state of affairs. Will probably not post on this site again but just had to get it off my chest & into print at least once.

07-23-2007, 01:25 AM
Sgt Rubio??? what years were you here??

07-23-2007, 03:56 AM
Sgt. Rubio, Can you please come back and be our new chief?

SgtRubio
07-23-2007, 01:28 PM
Took early retirement around 1980 due to an on-duty
"317" while about half the units on the road were in
pursuit of a "29" subject, out of the city. Had to sue
the City to get better than they offered but less than
medical personnel recommended. I was actually an
Anglo with a higher rank - some of the old-timers will
be able to figure out who I am.

Wouldn't take the job for 500K a year. If I did, I would
last about 72 hours based on what I've read about your
current political complexion & situation. Prefer to sit on
my back patio & look at my 4 acre lake. Thanx anyway
for the suggestion.

SgtRubio
07-23-2007, 01:46 PM
Closed too quickly - wanted to comment on all the animosity regarding college degrees vs high school diplomas/GED's. Prior to becoming a
police officer, I obtained a degree in Business Administration & was in
the Masters Program at Barry at the time of my accident. This higher
education didn't mean squat once I hit the street - probably only thing it benefited was my study habits as I moved up the ranks. Good cops/bad
cops evolve from real life situations they encounter during their time on duty, not from what they learn in a book. A good officer isn't "book
trained", he is "street & situationally trained". Good luck to those who want to be that type of law enforcement professional. And yes, law enforcement is a profession, not just a job with retirement benefits.

I'm extremely proud of the time I spent with HPD & with 99.9% of the professionals I served with, the majority who only had High School Diplomas &, for many who came on in the late 40"s & early 50's, after fighting in 2 wars to keep us free, no Diplomas &, maybe, a GED. Afraid I would not be able to say the same for what is happening there currently. I feel for you guys.

I was a very early 60's enlistee of HPD.

07-26-2007, 05:16 PM
Cmon folks we know their are good old boys still working in FHP, that would write their own moms, but most of the Dade County guys are QRU !
A trooper helped my father off 826 on July 6th in a towering rain storm, the trooper not only took him to get some fuel but got soken wet while my pop sat in tha car.
My dad never took his name so I couldnt thank him personally.
I've been on the job for 18 years I've met some winners wearing all kinds of uniforms even our own HPD ranks, some good some out right worthless.
But I've learned not to categorize all for the actions of one.
Lighten up with troopers man ! The ones that I know are stand-up guys unlike the backstabbers we have in our department !

07-27-2007, 04:14 AM
Cmon folks we know their are good old boys still working in FHP, that would write their own moms, but most of the Dade County guys are QRU !
A trooper helped my father off 826 on July 6th in a towering rain storm, the trooper not only took him to get some fuel but got soken wet while my pop sat in tha car.
My dad never took his name so I couldnt thank him personally.
I've been on the job for 18 years I've met some winners wearing all kinds of uniforms even our own HPD ranks, some good some out right worthless.
But I've learned not to categorize all for the actions of one.
Lighten up with troopers man ! The ones that I know are stand-up guys unlike the backstabbers we have in our department !

Your right not all troopers are pricks.But if you ever stop one named Murillo from the keys.Don't give him any pro-courtesy and I quote him."I'm not going to show you any professional courtesy and I don't expect you to show me any if I ever go to Hialeah". :twisted: