PDA

View Full Version : Uniformed

06-16-2007, 01:47 PM
A DEP officer backed me up on a traffic stop earlier today. He had the sweetest ride ive even seen. Big suv (expedition maybe), computer, kustom radar, cage, led's...and a boat on the back hahaha. Nice guy as well. I dont see much of you guys, but everytime I do, it is usually in some rediculous patrol car. The pay may suck but the equipment is top notch.

Is it true the DEP investigators cant do a 10-50? Just curious. Take care all and come around more! Most people I work with have no idea who u guys are or what you do and we have a state park in the middle of my city.

06-16-2007, 01:56 PM
We have asked our boss to give us cool vehicles instead of pay. We are also selling some of our parks it you would like to buy one...cash sales only!! :D

06-18-2007, 12:56 AM
That is a plus about DEP. We get great equipment. As long as we can justify it, we get darn near anything we want. Other than things like the patrol car and laptop, most of the stuff we get comes at the district level, so we go to our supervisor if we want something. I can't speak for all officers, but I haven't been turned down for anything I've asked for.

06-18-2007, 01:55 PM
Yes, our vehicles may be sweet. And our new laptops may be cool, but other than that our district is still very biased toward individual officers. For instance, I have been begging to do some routine maintenance on my vehicle for over 2 years now and it meets with the same old phrase..."no money" . Then I find out that other districts get pretty much what they ask for. I guess I'm not on the "special" list in my district.

This just shows another fine example of how we at the bottom are kept in the dark about how other districts get things done, especially how the officers are treated. I guess if you don't tell your people anything and feed them the same old lines, they MIGHT start believing it.

I'm still waiting to meet the new command staff. Significant changes have been made, and for that I am grateful. But, when the officers find out through the grapevine how other districts do things and get results, this is a major communications breakdown. Or perhaps it is just a control issue from the district command staff. I guess our district needs to remember who is in charge...

06-19-2007, 02:39 AM
Hey Citycop...where do you work at? I'm going to guess that it is somewhere in the central part of the state!!

06-19-2007, 09:44 PM
Ya, north central, howd you know?

06-20-2007, 10:33 PM
come on, at least give us the county!

06-21-2007, 02:29 AM
alachua county!!

06-21-2007, 04:49 AM
Thanks citycop, you probably just got one of us fired!!!!

06-21-2007, 01:56 PM
why would a dep officer get fired for 10-38? is ya'll agency really that f*cked up? wow, unbelievable.

06-21-2007, 05:05 PM
why would a dep officer get fired for 10-38? is ya'll agency really that f*cked up? wow, unbelievable.

yeah

06-21-2007, 05:51 PM
damn. well i dont know if the cool toys is worth a shi**y administration that will fire u for backin up another officer. sorry to hear that fellow dep officers. i hope things get better for u out there, and if i see you out there, ill back u up either way. take care.

06-22-2007, 11:24 AM
Don't listen to these idiots. If you work for us anywhere in the state except for the SW district, you are expected to back up other officers.

06-23-2007, 07:37 AM
thank god. that was a scary thought. i figured there was more to it than what met the eye. i see you guys got a new chief. I hope she does well for DEP. take care and be safe.

06-23-2007, 01:59 PM
so who got it?

06-26-2007, 02:47 AM
You guys got cars and trucks? I got a moped, but the lights are sweet. Is it true if I attend the ranger academy I will be given a raincoat?

06-26-2007, 02:47 AM
You guys got cars and trucks? I got a moped, but the lights are sweet. Is it true if I attend the ranger academy I will be given a raincoat?

06-26-2007, 02:49 AM
If I tell you twice will it help? :oops:

06-26-2007, 05:31 AM
It is easier to get equipment when half of your operating budget does not go to the district office. It is a slap in the face, most especially when the district office could have been moved to a much cheaper and cost efficient space. It was turned down however by the decision maker. Something to do with the scenery at the present office, driving distance from home to office and the amount of cameras in the location of where the new office would be located.
The welfare of the officers and their needs come last.....as always.

Par for the course in the SW.

When is our meeting?

06-27-2007, 03:57 AM
HELLOOOOO I'AM TALKING ABOUT RAINCOATS!!!

06-27-2007, 09:22 PM
In response to your request to a raincoat, we do offer raincoats to all are successful in the completion of Ranger Academy.

Rangers in the Florida Park Service have outstanding opportunites for unique, rewarding careers for an annual salary of 23K a year.

Park Police Officers are encouraged to attend the outstanding academy offered by the Park Service. Applications can be obtained from any gung ho Park Ranger/Park Manager from the old days. There are plenty around. We repectfully request that highly trained "street officers" from the Park Police not apply. You will make us feel bad and spoil our fun.

Included benefits of being a Park Ranger include:

Many physical exausting days of manual labor.
All the previously used uniforms we can find for you to wear.
Driving vehicles and equipment that should have been junked years ago.
Early training on your ulcer, pending divorce, and possible alcoholism.

Requirements:

High school graduates requested.
Highly skilled in repairing equipment with string and duct tape.
Be willing to work with public.(this means being able to speak the english language.)
Have the ability to make eye contact with the public and answer their questions coherantly and completely.
Have the desire to promote to Assistant Manager for 30K per year. (Requires a bachelor's degree and the ability to make eye contact.)

As you can see, the Florida Park Service offers many fine opportunites for advancement and endless hours of low pay and horrible working conditions. And as you have asked, raincoats will be issued. (You receive one raincoat for your career, don't loose it.)

Applications can obtained on People Worst.

07-01-2007, 05:02 AM
WOW!!!, AND ALL I WANTED WAS A LOSY RAIN COAT.

07-02-2007, 02:15 AM
WOW!!!, AND ALL I WANTED WAS A LOSY RAIN COAT.

Sorry it isn't that simple you must E A R N your lousy raincoat!