PDA

View Full Version : Is this the new way to wear the vest

06-15-2007, 04:32 AM
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o240/SecretNY/30519875.jpg

Saw this today and I have to say it looks coool.

06-15-2007, 12:51 PM
We are allowed to wear our vest on the outside because sometimes it gets hot out. The department brass realized that they would rather have the officers wearing them than "how it looks"

06-16-2007, 02:46 AM
apes

06-16-2007, 03:22 AM
We are allowed to wear our vest on the outside because sometimes it gets hot out. The department brass realized that they would rather have the officers wearing them than "how it looks"

Must be new policy cause when I worked for FLPD in 2006 this was not allowed at all. Even though several officers have done this for many years some supervisors turn a blinded-eye on the matter.

06-18-2007, 05:03 PM
Personally I like it, I think it looks more tactful.

06-18-2007, 08:33 PM
Personally I like it, I think it looks more tactful.

Tactful is an adjective meaning diplomatic, thoughtful or subtle. How do you find that this tactical vest cover looks that way?

06-19-2007, 05:32 PM
I THINK HE NEEDS TO GO TO THE GYM

06-20-2007, 02:52 PM
sorry tactical...

06-21-2007, 01:41 AM
Surprised it's allowed in the NW. Too mean looking. We don't want to offend anyone.

06-21-2007, 10:41 PM
sorry tactical...

How tactical is that white shirt we have to wear. I'm surprised they finally gave in on the AR-15s. First time we've used it. I wish it had gone to hats & bats out there. Could have been fun. Hang in there FLPD.

06-22-2007, 08:03 PM
sorry tactical...

How tactical is that white shirt we have to wear. I'm surprised they finally gave in on the AR-15s. First time we've used it. I wish it had gone to hats & bats out there. Could have been fun. Hang in there FLPD.
What are you talking about? The white shirts are super-tactical. The bad-guys will mistake you for bartenders on a cruise ship and look right past you.

06-26-2007, 04:52 AM
http://photos.napalm.net/clubsi/wyclef_is_the_bomb.jpg

06-26-2007, 08:54 PM
ROFL!! That pic is excellent!

06-27-2007, 12:25 AM
As I was cutting my lawn the other day it dawned on me. If a shooting were to occur in my neighborhood you wouldn't see such a public spectacle comparable to cages being rattled at the monkey jungle. You wanna know why? Because everyone would be at work.

07-02-2007, 05:47 PM
As I was cutting my lawn the other day it dawned on me. If a shooting were to occur in my neighborhood you wouldn't see such a public spectacle comparable to cages being rattled at the monkey jungle. You wanna know why? Because everyone would be at work.

Hey Slug have you ever heard of shift work! How stupid of you to make such a hasty judgment. I work from 4p to 12a, therefore I could have been standing out there. To boot, I probably have more education than you and make more money than. That doesn't mean I will call you a Hick! Take it for what it's worth and don't be so judgmental. Deal with the facts that are at hand. It you practice this I will guarantee BSO wouldn't have to be in your city cleaning up your mess. I heard those wannabe thugs had FLPD standing back with their tales tucked between their legs. When the call went out FLPD witnessed an army of green and white soldiers respond to restore the peace. I know we have our problems, but I think your department has lost all respect and control of the NE section of Ft Lauderdale. Can you say Justice Department + no confidence = BSO

07-02-2007, 06:55 PM

Hey Slug have you ever heard of shift work! How stupid of you to make such a hasty judgment. I work from 4p to 12a, therefore I could have been standing out there. To boot, I probably have more education than you and make more money than. That doesn't mean I will call you a Hick! Take it for what it's worth and don't be so judgmental. Deal with the facts that are at hand. It you practice this I will guarantee BSO wouldn't have to be in your city cleaning up your mess. I heard those wannabe thugs had FLPD standing back with their tales tucked between their legs. When the call went out FLPD witnessed an army of green and white soldiers respond to restore the peace. I know we have our problems, but I think your department has lost all respect and control of the NE section of Ft Lauderdale. Can you say Justice Department + no confidence = BSO
Exactly what flavor is that BSO kool-aid?

07-02-2007, 08:18 PM

Exactly what flavor is that BSO kool-aid?

I think it tastes like reality! think about it. He has a point.

07-04-2007, 05:19 AM
Grand Jury+Ken Jenne=Enditement
Looks Like your green and white "soldiers" may be working for retired FLPD soon. :cry:

07-04-2007, 10:54 PM
Grand Jury+Ken Jenne=Enditement
Looks Like your green and white "soldiers" may be working for retired FLPD soon. :cry:
Enditement + College Degree = Indictment

07-05-2007, 01:49 AM
ROFL

07-13-2007, 01:47 PM
the on going comments appear prety childish. If you look at the picture, you see both BSO and FLPD working side by side. Both of you are the reason why we have so many unimportant issues between both agencies. Lord Farquad will be gone soon and BSO will be a better place for it. FLPD has a horrible city manager with a weak Chief and they wiil be a better place when and if they leave.

07-13-2007, 01:48 PM
the on going comments appear pretty childish. If you look at the picture, you see both BSO and FLPD working side by side. Both of you are the reason why we have so many unimportant issues between both agencies. Lord Farquad will be gone soon and BSO will be a better place for it. FLPD has a horrible city manager with a weak Chief and they wiil be a better place when and if they leave.

07-31-2007, 12:40 AM
I'm jealous. I wish we could wear our vests like this. I also wish we could wear BDU's, but that's just how did they put it???? It makes us look too intimidating.

08-05-2007, 09:46 PM

Well listen to you all pumped up! Had your badge about a week, huh? First in your family out of the hood? Or still there, maybe. I guess that was one of your cuz's in the picture and thats why you're so riled up. Well, don't get your new green and white panties in a bunch; FLPD and BSO have been working well together since you were sipping Ritz soda and eating pork rinds back in tater town. We both have problems right now but neither of us need a thin skinned rookie like you to bail us out. By the way, are you Corrections? 'Cause that don't count.

08-07-2007, 11:58 PM
[b] Viva Leo Callahan! Viva Ed Stack / Nick Navarro![/[b]
:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

08-31-2007, 03:18 PM
With all the crap that is said between us, Our alpha shift works great with and has great respect for your dist 3 alpha shift guys. Great Back ups, as we are working at minimum staffing as well.

I agree that both agencies have their problems (ours will hopefull be on 23 hour lock down soon), but when it comes down to it, It doesn't matter what color your uniform is as long as we all have each other's back when $h^t hits the fan.

The one plus side to BSO though, Sklar, damn glad he jumped ship! What a Great Cop!!!!!

10-21-2007, 06:31 PM
I would have stayed in my house, i work shifts too and am a cop, but I would have stayed inside with my guitar waitin for snoop to call.

10-23-2007, 09:54 PM
No......I think he's right, they do have shift jobs. They have to wait for the mail to come to get that check, that's a job, right? 75% of the city's emergency resource costs are spent on 20% of the city, the NW. So when hard working people who live on expensive properties, have jobs, actually contribute to society and pay a boat load of taxes to the city never even get a glimps of the police and fire they pay for, they know where their money is being spent. It is a shame, and it has nothing to do with race. There are more people on welfare in the NW then anywhere else in the city. It's just easier to get free money than it is to work.

10-24-2007, 12:20 AM
No......I think he's right, they do have shift jobs. They have to wait for the mail to come to get that check, that's a job, right? 75% of the city's emergency resource costs are spent on 20% of the city, the NW. So when hard working people who live on expensive properties, have jobs, actually contribute to society and pay a boat load of taxes to the city never even get a glimps of the police and fire they pay for, they know where their money is being spent. It is a shame, and it has nothing to do with race. There are more people on welfare in the NW then anywhere else in the city. It's just easier to get free money than it is to work.

Is this not the quandary of all social welfare programs? There is no answer. There will always be people with their hands out, who would rather blame the "have's" for their "having not." This is why we have job security. Could you imagine if there was a social revolution spanning Broward to 19 St, Andrews to 31 Ave? Everyone taking responsibility for their actions, raising their children to respect others, taking care of their property... It would be the end of police work as we know it!

10-24-2007, 07:27 AM

Is this not the quandary of all social welfare programs? There is no answer. There will always be people with their hands out, who would rather blame the "have's" for their "having not." This is why we have job security. Could you imagine if there was a social revolution spanning Broward to 19 St, Andrews to 31 Ave? Everyone taking responsibility for their actions, raising their children to respect others, taking care of their property... It would be the end of police work as we know it!

No it wouldn't because there is always that magic elixor "alcohol". It will keep us well employed for years.