PDA

View Full Version : High Speed Public Service Aide

06-14-2007, 12:04 AM
As a concerned citizen, I would like to know how or if it is even worth complaining about an SSO Public Service Aide who blatantly broke several traffic laws this afternoon. Her vehicle number was 211, an older model pick-up truck. She was south bound on Lockwood Ridge Road this afternoon going approximately 65MPH. Last time I checked, this is a posted 45MPH zone.

As we approached Gocio Road, the light turned red, and she had yet to apply the breaks. Cars were starting to turn from Goicio onto Lockwood when she finally came to a stop in the middle of the intersection!!! She had no lights, no siren and threw the truck in reverse to get out of the way. I was able to look inside to see she had short dark hair and that's about it.

We proceeded south after the light turned green. Still unsure as to what the rush is at this point, she begins to tailgate a large truck in front of her. There was no way in or out of traffic. You couldn't even put a person between her bumper and the vehicle in front of her.

This behavior by some one representing the Sheriff's Office is appalling. Without having to give my name, what should I do? What will happen? Or do you wait until she causes a really bad crash?

06-14-2007, 12:36 AM
Joe Citizen, I think I know who you are talking about, How in the world she ever got out of training is beyond me. i will tell you her unit id is 5241 She is horrible on the radio and I would rather hear nails on a chalkboard then her. She has been involved in several incidents that a civilian in her job shud never do and its against general orders, i.e. blocking in a stolen vehicle with the suspect in the vehicle and chasing down juveniles that just stole something, then she lost them and was unable to give the responding deputies any description of them, god forbid if she ever did something that would bring harm to herself or 1 of my brother or sisters that are deputies(because PSA's only carry pepper spray) we have had people fired for less...so I will take this time to apologize to you for her driving. PSA's are civilians therefore they have no legal right to speed anywhere, they are not consider emergency vehicles like a deputy would be, where lights and sirens are required if you drive 10mph over the posted speed limit(per our genneral orders). You can call 861-5800 ask to speak with the patrol commander but if you want to remain unnamed its going to be hard. or Do you know any1 that works at the SSO that could pass this information along to her supervisor, without revealing their source. because 65mph in a 45mph with heavy traffic puts a citizen like yourself at risk, I write people all day for doing 60mph in a 45mph zone and her respresenting the agency in a negative on us all.

06-14-2007, 12:50 AM
Like you I am surprised she made it out of training her FTO's shud be ashamed and the other new guy, wow 1 foot in the grave, i think at his age he puts himself at risk and the agency 1 day directing trf in 90+ degree weather for 6hrs will cure him im sure,,,,,to quitwill , but back to rh, under progressive discipline she shud be almost to level 5

06-14-2007, 01:07 AM
To: Joe Citizen

Yes, you can file an informal complaint. Just dial 365-TAGS and leave the following information on the voice recorded machine and we will take care of it:

License plate: In this case, just leave her truck number and make sure that you specify that it's a Sarasota sheriff's office truck.

Location of incident

Day and approximate time

Traffic violation(s) committed

Your name and a number where you can be reached

Since it involves a SSO employee, we will take care of it.

06-14-2007, 01:36 AM
Ya, she likes to put herself on view in order to get out of taking calls. She's gone x6 out east yet, when the deputy rolled up to help her out, she wasn't there. She's done this more than once. Keep cryin wolf!!! It's gunna come back to bite ya! Not only is she a danger to herself, but others in our agency.

You know what will happen...she'll make it through probation, regardless of all these problems...and then we'll be stuck with her until she really screws up and costs the department big bucks...It would be nice if her spervisor would keep a closer watch on rh.

06-14-2007, 02:04 AM
Joe Citizen you don't have any clue. I think you just have to get a life!

SSO Deputies-
I never heard of her chasing down a juvenile that stole something. When did that happen?
At least she's not lazy like some of the other PSA's. She at least works to help out as much as she can.
I've never seen her go x6. Out East?? I've seen some other PSA's who constantly go x87 in one single day-everyday.

What's wrong with the new guy, other than his age? He works hard as well. Are you saying after you hit a certain age that you're no longer capable to do a job? If that's the case, some of the old timers need to hang up the gear belt. Talk about out of shape and allergic to work.

06-14-2007, 02:59 AM
another product of rk what is it going to take before someone does something about rh 1st of all "EXCUSE ME SIR DO YOU KNOW YOUR TRUCK IS STOLEN?", i'll just block you in so you can't leave and second "I'LL TAKE A X3 ON A SG21 WHEN THE X17 SHOWS UP INSTEAD OF LISTENING TO THE DISPATCHER AND LEAVING"

Let's look at the PSA program for a minute and see what they do for us!!!!!

5141 bitter and milks every call :cry:
5142 old as dirt should be at an inside job :roll:
5144 lazy and always x87 :o
5145 hard worker hate to see her go to the desk so we can get another winner to fill that spot :(
5146 hard worker, tone the voice down on the radio my ears still hurt :P
5147/5148 don't work with them much but sometimes they need their own channel, my gosh! :lol:
5241 LIIIIIIIIIIIIIABBBBILITY :idea:
5242 hard worker!, however to save the dept gas put 3201 and her in the same vehicle it only makes sense :lol:
5245 very wierd, but takes her calls :twisted:
5246 GRUMPY :cry:
5247/5248 don't work with them and never hear them for that matter :?:

06-14-2007, 11:17 AM
I guess if I would ask her how many of you have said something to her face the answer would be none!!! You are the reason why this department is sh*t.... You all make me sick!!!!!!!!

O.K. to all the above post your name and lets see how perfect you are!!!!

I thought so!

Now, go crawl back under your rocks..

06-14-2007, 12:32 PM
another product of rk what is it going to take before someone does something about rh 1st of all "EXCUSE ME SIR DO YOU KNOW YOUR TRUCK IS STOLEN?", i'll just block you in so you can't leave and second "I'LL TAKE A X3 ON A SG21 WHEN THE X17 SHOWS UP INSTEAD OF LISTENING TO THE DISPATCHER AND LEAVING"

5145 hard worker hate to see her go to the desk so we can get another winner to fill that spot :(
5147/5148 don't work with them much but sometimes they need their own channel, my gosh! :lol:
5242 hard worker!, however to save the dept gas put 3201 and her in the same vehicle it only makes sense :lol:

she was on a sg9 which ended up being a sg10. She didn't know it was sg10 until the x17 took off on foot.

Must be a central county LT.

The PSA's do alot of the unappreciated work for the agency. As it has been said before, SPD had CSA's, and most officers wish they hadn't cut the program. SSO plan to do the same? I've seen some of you guys try to direct traffic and guess what you're not good at it.

I agree on one thing, 5145 is a hard worker and she knows her stuff. I look forward to working with her at the front desk.

06-14-2007, 12:37 PM

she was on a sg9 which ended up being a sg10. She didn't know it was sg10 until the x17 took off on foot.

Must be a central county LT.

The PSA's do alot of the unappreciated work for the agency. As it has been said before, SPD had CSA's, and most officers wish they hadn't cut the program. SSO plan to do the same? I've seen some of you guys try to direct traffic and guess what you're not good at it.

I agree on one thing, 5145 is a hard worker and she knows her stuff. I look forward to working with her at the front desk.
I like every one of our PSAs. They are extremely valuable and they have a tough job. I've seen the PSA program "chew up and spit out" a lot of secretaries who transfer from inside jobs to the PSA program, which is definitely an outside job. Kudos to each and every PSA that we have. Good job for all that you do!!!!

I also agree that 5145 is amazing.

:!:

06-14-2007, 01:49 PM
The PSAs are good for one thing and one thing only. Too bad they fire them for it.

06-14-2007, 03:35 PM
I love my PSAs. You guys are great and contribute immensely to managing our call load. Don't let a few bitter RATS convince you that we feel this way. All the deps I talk to feel the way I do.

As for LT X.. if you truly are a LT, you're despicable.

06-14-2007, 05:46 PM
Hello, I just wanted to say I have the upmost respect for all our deputies and psa's, working in teletype I have made friends with many, I was hurt that someone would speak of 5241 or anyone by that fact in our agency.like that, everyone is entitled to their opinon, but she is a selfless person who would do anything for anyone without hesitation, yes we all have our negative aspects, but she is your co worker, and she cares upmost for her job, we all mess up here and there, and trust me I do it everyday, it makes it hard when other peers are putting u down, and making u feel like shite*. All I am saying is lets show respect , she is afterall your co worker, and she does an awsome job. :) 2123

06-14-2007, 10:21 PM
yeah ask jh 3103 how he likes taking her calls wen she's x87 for no reason,,,,and I do like our psa's an yes they take a lot of calls, but sum people just dont belong out here wen it is a issuse of safety period

06-14-2007, 10:51 PM
I LIKE THE WAY LT X PUT IT, THAT'S FUNNY I DON'T CARE WHO YOU ARE, I THINK THE OLD GUY SHOULD BE A DOOR GREATER AT WALMART :lol:

06-15-2007, 01:52 AM
WHERE DID THE OLD DOOR GREETER GO. BAILIFFS!

06-15-2007, 02:07 AM
Posted: 06/14/07 08:49:46 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The PSAs are good for one thing and one thing only. Too bad they fire them for it.

Hey floater what the heck are you thinking??? Have you seen our psa's lately????? uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugggggggghhhhhhhhhhh

06-15-2007, 03:41 PM
I think the psa program is good for the Sheriff's Office and the road guys. They take all the crap calls that you guys don't ever want to take and they'll stand and direct traffic for hours so you don't have too. The only thing that used to bother me was certain psa(s) would make a point to sit in parking lots or behind closed businesses for hours meeting with certain deputies. I for one think that looks bad for them and the agency. I can understand a few minutes here and there, but after every call during the shift C'MON!!!!!!!!!!

As far as the new psa you all keep hammerin, what is their immediate supervisors doing about these problems or hasn't anyone gone to them yet about it?? If the problem is bad enough maybe one of you or all of you need to step up to the plate before that psa or someone else gets hurt and then it will be too late!

Be Safe!

06-15-2007, 10:16 PM
I thought the PSA from the jail was hot. What was here name? Did they fire her though?

06-15-2007, 10:18 PM
I thought the PSA from the jail was hot. What was here name? Did they fire her though?

RayCharles?! Nice of you to visit our site.

06-15-2007, 11:16 PM
RayCharles?! Nice of you to visit our site.
Ray Charles is blind you dimwit!!!! :roll: Oops -- that means he can't see what the PSA looks like, right??? :oops: My bad!!!! :snicker:

06-16-2007, 12:25 AM
PSA's are very valuble to our agency. The call load they handle has greatly increased just over the past year. For civillians, they have to deal with a lot and they deserve a lot of credit.

It's hard to judge some one in field training, because at that time, s/he is on his/her best behavior. Most of the time, it's not the FTO's fault if the recruit suddenly makes an ass out of themselves once s/he is released. Unfortunaltely, in order to become aware of the problem children, it appears it's going to take some one be it PSA/deputy or citizen to get hurt for things to change and that's a shame. Some folks just aren't cut out for this position and need to go back inside where it's safe for EVERYONE.

To the PSA's that bust his/her a** every day, you are all doing a fantastic job, keep up the good work. To he** with what some of these numbnuts post, keep your chin up. It's just a nasty phase.

06-16-2007, 01:39 AM
Too bad the PSA's jobs are getting cut with the new budget due to the lack of taxes. Over heard the sheriff talking today. He didn't want to cut deputies jobs yet.

06-16-2007, 12:25 PM
Too bad the PSA's jobs are getting cut with the new budget due to the lack of taxes. Over heard the sheriff talking today. He didn't want to cut deputies jobs yet.
We may joke and kid around about PSAs, but their job is actually very important, espicially when the shit hits the fan. I came from a different agency where we didn't have PSAs, so I have a "basis of comparison" ---- and the PSA program is a miracle. I love it!!!!

06-16-2007, 03:22 PM
yeah! there job is to process other deputies!!!!!!!!! :devil:

06-16-2007, 06:43 PM
SPEAKING OF PROCESSING :!: I'D LOVE TO BE PROCESSED BY THAT PSA WHO'S NO LONGER WITH THAT F@#!$ LOOOSSSSERRRRR :D GIVE ME SUM BABY!!!!!!!!!

06-17-2007, 04:34 AM
What Psa? AB?

06-17-2007, 01:37 PM
NO THE ONE THAT WAS MARRIED TO THE DEFECTIVE LOSER AND THEY BOTH GOT FIRED!!!!

06-17-2007, 01:41 PM
NO THE ONE THAT WAS MARRIED TO THE DEFECTIVE LOSER AND THEY BOTH GOT FIRED!!!!
KA & MA are both gone now. Old news. :roll:

06-18-2007, 06:56 AM
NOTHING WRONG WITH A DOOR GREETER AT WALMART. WHILE WE'RE ON THE SUBJECT. YA KNOW WHAT I HATE???? \/\/\ edited out by Mod 418 \/\/\/\ ESPECIALLY \/\/\ edited out by Mod 418 \/\/\/\ COPS WITH ATTITUDES. AFTER READING THIS BOARD, I'M EMBARRASSED FOR YOUR DEPARTMENT AND PROFESSION. MOST OF YOU THAT HAVE POSTED HERE SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES. YOU SEEM TO FORGET THE BASICS, YOU ARE PUBLIC SERVANTS, AND TAXPAYERS DO PAY YOUR SALARIES. THIS BOARD SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN SO THE PUBLIC CAN'T SEE WHAT A BUNCH OF \/\/\ edited out by Mod 418 \/\/\/\ YOU ARE.

\/\/\ This post has been edited by Mod 418 \/\/\/\