PDA

View Full Version : strike team?

06-13-2007, 02:34 AM
what exactly is this thing. who is it made up of? is it permanent?

all i know is its a group dedicated to a small area to imapct the captured crimes there. sounds like what echo is tasked with. i work on the west side and i'm just curious

06-13-2007, 03:49 AM
its made up of different specialty units (c.o.p.s, echo, investigation,etc..). no its not permanent. its only for 60 days. the reason its in place, is because crimes is up. the bosses are not happy about the numbers.

06-13-2007, 09:27 AM
its made up of different specialty units (c.o.p.s, echo, investigation,etc..). no its not permanent. its only for 60 days. the reason its in place, is because crimes is up. the bosses are not happy about the numbers.

Thanks to Procap!!!!!!!!

06-13-2007, 02:31 PM
ya know, i see a lot of ppl slam procap... and when i was 1065ing, i wasn't a big fan either. but is there a better system to evaluate the effectiveness of patrol/investigations and their impact on the community?

without procap, you wouldn't have any numbers to go by. and yeah yeah yeah everyone hates numbers and y'all all think the brass puts too much stock in a number. that may be true... however, what other method would you propose? we could just get all warm and fuzzy and convince ourselves that crime is down... we could just go about our business each day, shaggin' calls, doin' your 21 r's and c's... takin' lima's... like a blind little butterfly floating on the breeze.

or you can compile data, analyze it... crunch it... and deal with it. identify trends. there's a reason people get paid a ton of money to analyze trends in other markets! it works. procap isn't perfect, but you've got to do *something*. it's futile otherwise. in other professions, numbers are the lifeblood! numbers down? people get fired.

so i wonder... if you're sheriff for a day... what do you do in place of procap? tweak it? eliminate it? i realize it can use some fine tuning. it's too easy to monkey the numbers and there are a lot of gray areas.

but what say you??

06-13-2007, 03:19 PM
doin' your 21 r's and c's... takin' lima's... like a blind little butterfly floating on the breeze.

i love your rhyming skills, please teach me!!!!! [/quote]

06-13-2007, 03:36 PM
you guys suck so bad!! always complaining about something... are you MAD AT ME now!!

06-14-2007, 03:00 PM
doin' your 21 r's and c's... takin' lima's... like a blind little butterfly floating on the breeze.

i love your rhyming skills, please teach me!!!!! [/quote]

i swear: i had no idea that rhymed till you posted that... lol dag'um !!i'm a freakin' closet poet!!!! AAHH!!!!

06-14-2007, 05:42 PM
S-stopping T-ogether
T-targets and E-enforcing
R-retriving A-all the Sheriffs
I-information M-mandates
K-keen to
E-everyone
[/b]

06-14-2007, 05:48 PM
S-stopping
T-targets and
R-retriving
I-information
K-keen to
E-everyone

T-together
E-enforcing
A-all the Sheriffs
M-mandates

thank you all i'm not as sig 20 as you thought!! [b]

06-14-2007, 11:09 PM
i heard its a permanent thing now re: the ucr numbers are way up

06-17-2007, 11:39 PM
I think its been a great thing for that sector. My question is are they gonna keep the same people on it? and if so... where are they going next? and for what?