PDA

View Full Version : New Assistant Chief

06-12-2007, 05:17 AM
What do you think?

06-12-2007, 05:45 AM
I don't know, I wonder if he will do a better job than the last asst chief. But only time will tell

06-29-2007, 01:27 AM
Here a Chief, There a Chief, Everywhere a Chief Chief. How many Chiefs can you have? I`ve heard of the Invisable man, The two wheeled wonder and the Ginger (Gilligans Island) look alike. In my country people are starving and we wish we had this much Kool Aide to hydrate them.

06-30-2007, 09:16 PM
Oooohhhhhhh....Thank Heaven for 7-11

06-23-2012, 02:19 AM
ah knew cheef

06-23-2012, 02:23 PM
Ok, so who's the new Asst Chief?

06-23-2012, 02:26 PM
All BS none of the Asst Chief are Leaving right now. Nice try to take away from the real issues here

Ok, so who's the new Asst Chief?

11-16-2012, 04:10 PM
One Assistant Chief is hiking over to BSO and taking a Captain too. They better put a GPS tracking system on his BSO car and weapons.

01-18-2013, 10:12 PM
I'm voting for Bobby Carter's return

01-18-2013, 10:40 PM
Big Mac and fries

I'm voting for Bobby Carter's return

01-25-2013, 03:22 AM
Who is the new Asst Chief ??

01-25-2013, 04:53 AM
Mayor Seiler and Commissioners
Do you think that if the "Stolen Cash Money" was marked with SmartWater CSI the 49 Fort Lauderdale Police Command Staff and Officers that received it would have returned it by now? Or are is there a different set of laws that apply to those that wear a badge? Mayor Seiler when will there be a comprehensive investigation regarding the stolen money or was it given to them as bribes?

Updated: 9:28 a.m. Friday, July 16, 2010 | Posted: 8:27 a.m. Friday, July 16, 2010
Fort Lauderdale cop was Rothstein bodyguard, to be suspended without pay

By Paula McMahon
Sun-Sentinel
A Fort Lauderdale police sergeant will be suspended without pay for three days for misconduct that included working as a bodyguard for convicted Ponzi schemer Scott Rothstein and his wife, Kim, city records show.
Sgt. Steven Greenlaw began to moonlight for the Rothsteins in April 2009 and soon began organizing rosters of officers to staff three city-approved off-duty details at Rothstein's Harbor Beach home, his now-defunct law firm and the Bova Prime restaurant on Las Olas Boulevard, according to an internal affairs investigation report obtained by the Sun Sentinel.
The investigation found Greenlaw was also employed as a private bodyguard for the Rothsteins, a violation of police department policies. Greenlaw failed to provide timely and accurate information about his off-duty employment and did some work without city authorization, investigators found.
Greenlaw was the main organizer of the controversial off-duty work that generated an estimated $300,000 in extra income for Fort Lauderdale police officers between April and November of 2009. Rothstein and his firms paid the officers $45 an hour plus an extra $5 an hour for the organizers.
Allegations of misconduct against a second Fort Lauderdale police officer, Deanna Garcia-Lemieux, who helped organize the security jobs and worked on many of them, were dismissed. Both Greenlaw and Garcia-Lemieux were cleared of one of the most serious allegations against them — investigators determined they had no knowledge of Rothstein's criminal activity. Investigators said they found evidence that the two officers socialized with the Rothsteins just once when they had brunch with them and other people on the Rothsteins' yacht in April 2009.
Greenlaw told investigators that he began working off-duty details at Bova in December 2008, at the request of part owner Tony Bova, who he said was a family friend. In the spring of 2009, Greenlaw said he was dispatched to deal with a disturbance at the restaurant and met Rothstein and his bodyguard, Joe Alu, who Greenlaw knew from when he and Alu were Plantation police officers. Soon after that, Greenlaw began his work for the Rothsteins, he said.
Greenlaw said he thought he was just a driver and that Scott Rothstein told him that Fort Lauderdale Police Chief Frank Adderley had approved it. Adderley denied that and there was no evidence Greenlaw got formal approval, the investigators wrote.
Investigators rejected Greenlaw's insistence that he was just an occasional driver for the couple, noting that he was armed at all times. They referred to video shot at a Broward County Humane Society fundraiser in April 2009 that showed Greenlaw accompanied the Rothsteins inside. They also cited e-mails that confirmed Greenlaw filled in for Alu when the bodyguard was unable to work and that Greenlaw had applied for a law firm job he referred to as the "assistant position for Mrs. Rothstein."
For his part, Greenlaw told investigators in a sworn statement, "Every day since I've become a police officer, I've been armed."
Greenlaw should repay 10 hours of vacation leave to the city because of an "oversight" about whether he was off duty one day he worked for the Rothsteins, the investigators found.
Greenlaw and Garcia-Lemieux were placed on paid administrative leave in January. Garcia-Lemieux was reinstated to duty March 16. Greenlaw went back to work last week, and will serve his unpaid suspension in August.
Greenlaw's attorney, Mike Dutko said Thursday that Greenlaw is satisfied with the outcome of the investigation "given the extraordinary allegations that were made at the start."
"Steve Greenlaw is a very good and very proud police officer ... he's glad to have this ordeal behind him and without question, there were lessons learned," Dutko said.
The six-month internal affairs investigation also uncovered additional information about the moonlighting shifts, using information gleaned from a review of e-mails between officers and the now-defunct Rothstein Rosenfeldt Adler law firm and interviews with officers, associates and employees of Rothstein.
Fort Lauderdale officials previously said 28 police officers provided off-duty security for Rothstein, but investigators found evidence that a total of 49 officers worked the details. For 25 of those officers, the department was unable to find the forms it requires employees to submit seeking approval for off-duty work, said Sgt. Frank Sousa, a department spokesman, who worked some of the approved security details for Rothstein.
The employees' supervisors have been asked to do more research on what happened in those cases, according to the report obtained by the Sun Sentinel. The city is also reviewing and planning to make changes to the rules regarding off-duty employment, Sousa said.
The findings, completed on June 30 and sent to Greenlaw on July 7, were also forwarded to the Broward State Attorney's Office for independent review. There are no other pending internal affairs investigations linked to Rothstein, Sousa said.
Broward Sheriff Al Lamberti has also asked his internal affairs investigators "to examine all things Rothstein-related, meaning the probe should not be limited to specific individuals, but instead should be broad in scope," said agency spokesman, Jim Leljedal. That investigation, which includes allegations of misconduct by high-ranking officers Tom Wheeler and David Benjamin, is continuing, he said.

01-26-2013, 12:43 AM
smartwater csi for everyone but why is $15,000.00 of taxpayer money being used to prop up this business, does someone from flpd have ownership of this company?

01-26-2013, 03:41 AM
Who works the detail at their office on Broward ?

01-26-2013, 02:02 PM
I think I remember a trip to aspen. Hung out one time ha thats a lie. What about the hardship leave? They would have to have a fire hose to spray that blue juice on those two. They know it and so does everybody in town. Common thieves with no morals and badges.