PDA

View Full Version : Inaccuracies in the new Morgan Video

06-11-2007, 11:24 PM
To spare you all the B.S. of the Thelbirt David Morgan video, let’s point out the inaccuracies in order they were given.

1. Morgan states there are no more tasers used in the jail. That is a complete falsehood. For those of you who are deputies, you know this to be false. Tasers are not to be used on mentally ill inmates. That is the only new restriction at the jail.

2. Morgan states it costs $1700 an hour to fly the helicopter. I guess he is a helicopter expert since he saw a lot of them flying around during his “police experience” and I’d love to get his source for that. An hour long helicopter flight can be had in Hawaii for $245 and hour. Considering they purchase new full price helicopters and pay full price for fuel rather than around half price from the military they must be losing around $1400 an hour to run a for profit helicopter tour business. Hmmmmmm.

3. He states the Sheriff and buds ride around in a Humvee that gets 8 MPG. (If you look online a Humvee does actually get 8 MPG). Here is your inaccuracy (unintentional lie?). They actually ride in a Hummer occasionally (a civilian form of the Humvee) which can get up to 20 MPG. Is that minor? Not when its added up with all these other errors.

4. Morgan states the County gave the SO $6 million for raises and employees were to get 5%. Morgan then states employees only got 2.3% raises. Where did these numbers come from? The county gave $5.4 million (or $3.2 depending on who you ask) and every employee got at least 5% not 2.3%. Wow are you getting bad information. :shock:

5. Morgan states that $14.7 million is being spent on a new garage. That is not true. It was less than $3 million and was funded by the penny sales tax.

6. Morgan states the SO contracts out most vehicle maintenance. That is another error. Almost all maintenance is done on site. Major repairs are the only thing sent out. (Yes there is a difference between maintenance and repair.)

7. Morgan saved the best for last saying they are sending road patrol deputies to the jail to fill manpower shortages. LOL… that’s some funny (although completely false) stuff :D . No road deputies have been sent to the jail.

Where does Morgan get this stuff? Why does he spew this stuff out without fact checking? Who are his sources? Is he so desperate that he has to make stuff up? If he had ONE real life current deputy (or anyone at the SO) who supported him, wouldn’t he know some of this wasn’t true? How out of touch with the actual goings on at the SO is the Morgan crew?

David Morgan…He’s looking better every day. :roll: :roll: :roll:

06-12-2007, 07:54 PM
According to Morgan, we have an Emergency Ops Center that can withstand a direct hit from a nuclear weapon? Did I hear that right?

$1700 per flight hour for the helicopters? Wow!! Where does he get his information--or should I say dis-information. For someone who spent as much time in the USAF as he claims, he certainly is clueless when it comes to aviation. I'm absolutely amazed that he actually thinks he speaks from a position of authority.

Morgan needs to get his facts straight before he opens his mouth---DO SOME RESEARCH!!!!

06-12-2007, 11:00 PM
Our friend Anonymous seems to be in need of a response. In order of the points presented:
1. Not true. David Morgan never said there are "no more tasers used in the jail." Anyone watching the video will never find that statement. That's a record that the current administration can't alter. We will not respond directly to imagined and manufactured accusations. He mentioned that after the homicide deaths of Robert Boggon & Jerry Preyer and the death by pneumonia by illegally imprisoned Hosea Bell, the inside the jail deaths have stopped and that the Sheriff's new order was the reason. The point of that statement by David Morgan is what need is there for a multi millions upgrade when a policy decision has solved the problem?

2. The helicopter flight costs have been researched by the Morgan campaign. If the administration finds disagreement, they are free to provide the complete budget allotted to the Air Ops Unit. We believe that the costs will rise far above the conservative $1700 per hour number if all the expenses were accounted for. If they refuse to publish their Air Ops budget then David's statement stands unchallenged by this administration. Our debate is with the McNesby Administration. Not with anonymous bloggers who misrepresent statements made by others.

3. Mileage or specific model, were not the key points in the Hummer revelation. The fact that the "Sheriff and buds" (quoting you) ride around in a Hummer at all is a waste of taxpayer's money. Whatever model. City or highway.

4. "The county gave $5.4 million (or $3.2 depending on who you ask)" Oh, so you are complaining about the numbers and you don't know what they actually are? We got our information from current deputies & PBA releases. Again, the Sheriff is free to publish his detailed budget for payroll (before and after the increases) so these matters can be confirmed. No official information from the ECSO = David Morgan's statements stand unchallenged.

5. The 14.7 million for the new jail was published in another public record. The Pensacola News Journal. And whether "penny sales tax" or otherwise it's still wasted taxpayer's money.

6. We get our information from current deputies who tell us that they won't even respond to a downed cruiser. David's point was primarily that the services are duplicated by other county entities that could do all of the maintenance. This would eliminate the need for the existing budget plus the 14.7 millions for the new facility. Again, the ECSO is free to open their books to the public and the Morgan campaign. In the absence of that, David's statements remain unchallenged.

On a happier note, we do agree with your final statement. Often repeated on this blog and throughout Escambia County. "
David Morgan…He’s looking better every day."

06-13-2007, 12:45 AM
I do not know Morgan. I am a LEO to your east a few hours drive away who used to live in Escambia County. Ten years ago, the State of Florida's Department of Management Services was required to compile aircraft costs for an interim study (a study undertaken by a select or standing committee for a proposed bill to remedy a problem) of the costs of the state's air assets. Then, in 1997, the average hourly operating cost for a fixed wing aircraft (then the state did not own jets-the FL Air Nat Guard was not included in this study) ranged from $908 to $987 per hour. For rotary aircraft, the average was $500 more per hour. So maybe that guy's figures aren't that far off.

Average hourly operating cost is derived by adding the total salaries of support crew and pilot(s) and all associated operation and maintenance expenses, including an annualized cost of ownership or lease of the aircraft, divided by the number of hours flown.

I know this because my colleagues and I fought to keep the state's law enforcement air assets under the control of the state agencies and out of the hands of a private vendor--and we prevailed.

06-13-2007, 12:51 AM
You also may want to check with OPPAGA, the Office of Program Policy Analysis and Government Accountability, for their aviation studies. The Florida Office of Program Policy Analysis and Government Accountability is a special staff unit of the Legislature created by state law under the oversight of the Joint Legislative Auditing Committee. OPPAGA examines state agencies and programs to improve services and cut costs when directed by state law, the presiding officers, or the Joint Legislative Auditing Committee.

06-13-2007, 05:07 AM
Sorry, Witness to the Truth, you have posted no proof that these statements have actually occurred. They will not be permitted to stay for obvious reasons. You are also not a registered user and your posts are not protected by any of the guidelines set forth in the Terms of Use.

Mod 353

06-13-2007, 01:46 PM
1. I never intended it to be a direct quote of Thelbirt, but here is the exact quote at the 3:02 minute mark:

“Well if you’ve followed the jail since the death of Mr. Boggon, Mr. Preyer and Mr. Bell you’ll note that there haven’t been anymore deaths. Now why is that? Well it comes through various sources that the deaths in the jail have stopped because the sheriff has articulated the policy that we will not use the Tasers in the jail.”

Morgan is incorrect. There is no such policy. Morgan makes the implication that there are no more deaths because the sheriff has stopped the use of Tasers in the jail. A matter of fact Mr. Craig that’s the whole point of my posting is that Morgan is weak on facts loud on rumors. What a similarity between you, RMPT, and Morgan. Hear a rumor from a disgruntled (or fired) deputy, go on BLAB, state it as fact, let them disprove it.

2. About the helicopters, you again make my point. You have no clue how much it costs to run a helicopter an hour but Morgan puts it out as fact.

3. No the point is David Morgan was wrong it wasn’t a Humvee as he said, and he made a big issue about the 8 mpg. He misrepresented facts to the public he wants to serve. They needed to drive something and at least they all piled in the same car rather than driving separate cars. I suspect this was also based on rumor and doubt the Morgan campaign actually witnessed this. This is just more evidence of sloppy work. He was wrong. He also left out the fact (another suspect tactic in the Morgan campaign) that the vehicle was seized and forfeited to the Sheriff’s Office. Hmmmm a free vehicle that gets 20MPG? Sounds much more favorable.

4. You say David Morgan’s statement remains unchallenged. I thought I challenged it but it’s still completely false. You say you got it from current deputies and PBA releases? Once it's shown in black and white will you admit he was wrong? I just went through the PBA website articles concerning the pay and didn’t see anything close to what you’re saying. So you must be talking with clueless deputies or making stuff up. Again this is a critical issue where Morgan gets his info from. He is forming opinions not based in facts but based on rumors and lies. Then he passes them off to the public as fact. Craig, RMPT/RMFubar, CLEO, disgruntled deputies, these are the counsel that he bases his decisions on. Do you want a Sheriff who makes a decision based on a rumor then says, “Prove me wrong?” That is exactly what he does. (Well, Morgan states the rumor, and Craig says “prove him wrong”). You also ask for the sheriff to open the books. Didn’t Morgan’s primary financier (The lovely, yet strangely absent Arety) fund thousands and thousands of public record requests? Hmmm haven’t seen any charges filed for failure to produce them. A prudent, honest man would get the factual records then go on BLAB with facts to present to the public you want to protect.

5. Put your glasses on Craig. Neither Morgan nor I said $14.7 million for a new jail. He said $14.7 for a new GARAGE. That is not an accurate figure (not even close). Show me a PNJ article that says $14.7 million for a new GARAGE. More inaccuracies presented as facts.

6. If Morgan would have said the garage doesn’t respond to downed cruisers he would have been correct. But he didn’t. At 14:57 Morgan states “we don’t do vehicle maintenance. We contract out most of that.” That is wrong. You don’t make points by providing false information. Well, you might, but ethical people don’t.

I’m sure being the ethical candidate he claims, he will issue some clarifications on his website/upcoming video. I’m sure he will as well no longer rely on these phantom deputies feeding him this bad information since they have proven they aren’t credible. His best decision would be to rid himself of a person too extreme for CLEO who isn’t fact checking and allows his candidate to make all these errors in the public eye.

David Morgan….David Craig makes him look better every day.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

06-13-2007, 03:03 PM
The aviation unit's budget is a matter of public record so why don't you request a copy of it? Exactly what costs are you talking about? Parts and fuel are purchased through federal government programs. The cost of these items is far less than what they would pay if they were purchased through civilian vendors. $1700 per flight hour is way off base.
Once again, David Craig has to respond because Morgan won't--why is that I wonder.

06-14-2007, 12:51 AM
David Morgan will be glad to debate the sheriff directly. TV, radio, in public, you name it. The facts are on our side. The voters are getting wise to what the deputies already know. It's just a matter of time. The more often you show your disrespect, the sooner your chances will diminish beyond recognition.

06-14-2007, 01:02 AM
OK Mod. Understood. Thanks for the explanation. I wonder if that will be the end of that matter? I guess we'll have to wait and see. I found it personally to be very disturbing.

06-14-2007, 02:30 AM
Morgan better be a better debater than Craig. I think you've been schooled. The deputies also know that the videos verge on a joke with all the bulls*** in them.

06-14-2007, 02:55 AM
What the deputies know is that they are tired of being lied to about pay raises. They are tired of hearing about the bad reputation that their agency has from all the citizens that tell them. It's long past time for a change for the better. There is no debate about that.

06-14-2007, 03:08 AM
Those of you who angrily defend McNesby adding a fleet of three helicopters plus one for spare parts the department’s equipment inventory and wont accept the fact that they cost a lot of money to operate and maintain are obviously not in touch with reality.

A previous poster on this thread by the name of FactChecker on 6/12 at 19:45pm posted what appeared to be information from someone who is knowledgeable about the operating cost of a helicopter and he sums up how the cost is determined by writing;

“Average hourly operating cost is derived by adding the total salaries of support crew and pilot(s) and all associated operation and maintenance expenses, including an annualized cost of ownership or lease of the aircraft, divided by the number of hours flown.”

He also indicated that the estimated cost of $1,700 per flight hour made by Morgan was “not that far off” with what the cost may be.

What is obvious is those defending the use of the helicopters are using a different kind of math to come up with the cost for each hour’s flight. It would appear that they are dividing all the pilots, spotters, and mechanics total man hours on duty into the formula and are not using only the actual “flight hours”. Considering that out of an average 8 hour work day those pilots and spotters actually only fly a very few hours per day it is easy to see how the real flight hour cost will surpass by a large degree what the Sheriff and his supporters would want the taxpayers to believe is the truth. If a pilot is being paid a modest salary of $60,000 a year plus furnished the full time use of a $25-$30,000 automobile, his annual salary cost will be over $80,000 including his benefits. If he gets two weeks a year vacation that leaves him with 50 weeks to work for the $80,000 which takes the cost to $1,600 a week or $320 per day. If he has a two hour flying day, his cost to fly per hour that day is $160. Multiply that by the three pilots plus the 3 spotters and add that to the acquisition costs, fuel (not many miles per gallon) parts, insurance, etc and it’s easy to see where the cost will be over $1,000 per flight hour. Another fair question is, if they’re such a great deal, why did the agency that had them give them up and why don’t all 67 counties in Florida have a full time helicopter (or three of them)?

Whether the hourly cost is $500, $1,000 or $1,700 an hour is not the main point. The main point is can the citizens of Escambia afford the luxury of having a mini air force. Those defending them make a creditable argument that they can be a valuable asset in times of certain types of police related emergencies and as has been pointed out as a great public relations too. The question is there enough so called police related emergencies to warrant a three unit helicopter force. The simple answer is no. Escambia County is not Los Angeles, San Francisco, Boston, Atlanta New York or a Miami. There is not a high speed chase or a robbery, purse snatching, rape, murder or any other high profile crime occurring every hour on the hour as there is in those large metropolitan cites. Days can go by without a robbery, rape, murder or high speed chase occurring. Meanwhile we have 6 pilots and spotters flying around wasting gas waiting for one.

The real truth is the main and most used value of the helicopters to McNesby is the Public Relations value. What the taxpayers have to decide is if they want to continue to have to fund a public relations program that has a cost of over a millions dollars a year. If not they’ll vote McNesby out of office. If they do, then he’ll be re-elected and who knows may get three more helicopters to enhance the public relations even more. As long as he is in office there will be few raises for deputies.

06-14-2007, 03:36 AM
I think the main point of this original post isn't whether the agency needs helicopters or not. The point of this post is that Morgan is not accurate in his statements. Even if it comes out to $1700 to the penny, there are plenty of other major inaccuracies (everyone got a 2.3% raise, the 14.7 million garage.)

Morgan was selected by RMPT, Arety, Doc Ely, David Craig, [insert favorite cop hater]. The rumors and lies on RMPT now are being presented by Morgan as fact to citizens who don't know the truth. The deputies know that what is saying is not true.

I don't know if Morgan would say something he knew to be false, but he certainly is throwing out things without checking his facts and putting his trust in the wrong people to deliver accurate information. He has surrounded himself with people bllinded by hatred and bias and it is affecting him. Not a very good sign of future leadership performance.

06-14-2007, 04:00 AM
First off, your helicopter unit facts are WAY off. Cicilian pilots are hired at around $40,000 per year which is cheap considering what most civilian pilots make. They also drive some of the oldest unmarked cars in the inventory, not $25-$30,000 vehicles. There are also 4 full time pilots with one being paid as a Sgt. as he is sworn and that equates to less than $40,000 per year. One anonymous person makes a statement about how to correctly figure out the cost per hour and everyone takes this as the gospel. I am sure there are several formulas to figure something like that out but I have no idea what they would be.

The mechanic they have, only one, does his job for $25.00 per hour. he does most of the maintenance on his own (also works on Whiting Field's helos). If you want to check these figures out please do a public records request and stop posting B.S. as the truth. I have no love for the current sheriff, but I am also seeing a very bad trend with the way Morgan's camp is handling bad information.

You guys (Morgan camp) have to realize that most of the deputies are seeing right through the crap and outright lies or spins on the truth.

I am sure McNesby will debate with you when the time is right. Last I checked he had a ton of cash in his coffer just waiting to be spent where the Morgan camp spends just about every dime it can muster every quarter on bad PR and misinformation videos. It is still more than a year and a half before the next election. Do you think Mcnesby is going to waste his funds dealing with you people now? I don't think so. I am still waiting and hoping someone else jumps in the ring to do battle with both of you lowlifes.

06-14-2007, 11:22 AM
I have no love for the current sheriff, but I am also seeing a very bad trend with the way Morgan's camp is handling bad information.

I am still waiting and hoping someone else jumps in the ring to do battle with both of you lowlifes.

That makes two of us. :D

06-14-2007, 04:08 PM
"Thelbirt? T h e l b i r t?" Nah, it can't be. But is it? That great
intellect and past overseer of the Escambia County Jail, and world renown
speller of names, eg, "LaDouche,".....PENIS WILLIAMS!! How the hell you
do'in Penis? Earn'in that Directors pay we can see by watching Morgan
videos with remote in hand so you can do a nanosecond by nanosecond review
for "your daddy."

Hey come on, admit it. This guy Morgan is doin' real well. Got all of the
SO Admin watch'in and report'in anyway.

God. You all need to get a life. And soon...new jobs. I don't think
Sheriff Morgan will look upon all that name game misspellin' with much
humor.

06-14-2007, 08:36 PM
Are simply more reasons as to why Mr Morgan should never become sheriff of this or any county. Whether you support this current administration or not....David Morgan is not the answer. When allegations/claims are made by candidates it should be the responsibility of the media/forums (which candidates and their supporters use) to demand that these claims have some factual verification and if not the claims should be disputed with the facts...For example...patrol deputies being sent to the jail?...Who...How many?....List those that have and if it's false then point out the untruthfulness of the allegations/claims. In short you make a charge/allegation/claim...prove it to be true or shut up

06-15-2007, 01:49 AM
From the PBA website:

Recent Blog Posts (Posted 6/14/2007)

There are several blogs out there that we are aware of. It isn’t often we officially address them; however a recent post on one was recently brought to our attention. A certain post called a statement of Candidate for Sheriff David Morgan into question in a recently broadcast campaign video. Candidate Morgan’s Media Advisor David Craig responded in a post that the numbers were backed up by “current deputies and PBA releases.” None of the releases on our website appear to back what the candidate said. We would also like to make it perfectly clear that NWFPBA has not made any releases other than what you can read on the website. Although we have been asked, no exclusive information has been given to any candidate.

06-15-2007, 04:10 AM
WOW!!!! Talk about a beoytch slap back to reality......news that is :shock: . I wonder how Mr. Craig will get himself out of this one? I know, he is going to say that ALL members of PBA are McNuggets and they are being disrespectful to future sheriff Morgan. Whatever!!! It was about time this happened. Anyone that calls into question Morgan's campaign B.S. is labeled a Mcnugget or as being disrespectful. Morgan/Craig, we are just tired of the lies, especially from your campaign. We are not as dumb as you guys look.

06-15-2007, 06:14 AM
We never said anything about PBA press or website releases. We have our sources and we are not about to reveal them. If the ECSO didn't treat public records like official state secrets we could skip all the detective work and just look at the numbers. Since the PBA asked for the financial info over a month ago I'm sure they have it in their hands now. (Well maybe not.) If they want to keep it a secret too then surely one must wonder why? If the sheriff won't give it to them then I think they should be more concerned with why they can't get public records then what confidential sources release information to our campaign. Don't be fooled by their feigned concern over their misinterpretation of the term "releases." We are just an easier target then the incumbent. They ought to be more interested in getting all the facts, all the numbers and all the truth to their members who are so poorly served by their union and poorly paid by their agency. If they wanted a clarification we would have gladly given it to them. Their "worst case" interpretation of our message sounded far too much like the misdirection we so often see from ECSO management. For a union member that ought to be a wake up call. I noticed in the PBA post they didn't refute any of our facts. When will they or the ECSO ever reveal the truth about the payroll fiasco?

06-15-2007, 02:01 PM
Time to stop the whining and deflecting and answer/explain your allegations/statements of your campaign..."I never said' simply isn't going to cut it...you've got no credibility and appear to most to be a band of malcontents able only to sling personal attacks without facts...Even folks that are tired of the current administration say they would 'never' vote for Mr Morgan...

06-15-2007, 04:10 PM
We never said anything about PBA press or website releases.

I am not sure who you are referring to when you state "We", but, if you review your comments posted on 6/12/07 @ 1800 in this forum, you did indicate the infomration came from the PBA website and releases.

However, I did take the time to review the PBA website and found a release dated 3/30/07, which states:

There are 3 Primary Reasons for the Public Records Request.

1. The first reason is that there is a 2 million dollar discrepancy. The Sheriff told us in musters that all he got from the county was $3.4 million for raises. Commissioner Whitehead has stated the county gave the Sheriff $5.4 Million Dollars (Commissioner Whitehead’s statements were in the Pensacola News Journal) and has stuck by that number.

This thread is just another reason why I cannot support either McNesby or Morgan. Escambia County can only hope that a person with integrity will decide to seek election as our Sheriff.

06-16-2007, 07:06 AM
We are more concerned with facts than your feelings or interpretations. (No, I won't spend anytime explaining what "we" means.) You were promised 5+ millions which would have equated to a 5% raise. You received 3+ millions which left you with a paltry 3% raise. Those are the facts, regardless of which politician is sticking to what story. Thank you for making our original point so clearly. If you dislike David Morgan and I for publishing facts (as you expressed them) that is your privilege. "We" are going to stick by the truth anyway. Are you still waiting for the PBA or the ECSO to simply publish the exact figures? For public health reasons please don't hold your breath.

06-16-2007, 12:46 PM
David Craig you are a moron. There's no polite, respectful way to put that. Every employee at the Sheriff's office got a minimum of a 5% raise in February in addition to the across the board 3% last October. The 3.2 million was to fund the 5% raise.

06-16-2007, 04:18 PM
David Craig is a clueless moron. They keep spouting off lies as the truth and then they hide behind "we aren't going to reveal our sources" to explain where they got the wrong info. You people are not fooling anyone with your lies and tricks and spins on the truth. You will be spanked in the very near future for this I am sure. There are only so many lies you can tell before they come back to bite you. You are making Morgan look dumber every day.

06-16-2007, 07:31 PM
We are more concerned with facts than your feelings or interpretations. (No, I won't spend anytime explaining what "we" means.) You were promised 5+ millions which would have equated to a 5% raise. You received 3+ millions which left you with a paltry 3% raise. Those are the facts, regardless of which politician is sticking to what story. Thank you for making our original point so clearly. If you dislike David Morgan and I for publishing facts (as you expressed them) that is your privilege. "We" are going to stick by the truth anyway. Are you still waiting for the PBA or the ECSO to simply publish the exact figures? For public health reasons please don't hold your breath.

So which is it Craig? Morgan says in his disinfomercial that it is 6 million with a 2.3% raise. You are saying its a 3 million with a 3% raise. You guys have to get your lies straight. You can't even agree on the same lie.

The fact is it was 3.2 million with a 5% just like I said in the original post. And yet you plan to continue running the video on BLAB knowingly and intentionally spreading this misinformation to the public Thelbirt wants to serve. What an ethical candidate with an ethical campaign staff. I'm sure we can trust all the other facts and figures though. lol.

David Morgan...David Craig makes him look better every day :roll: :roll: :roll:

06-17-2007, 12:37 AM
I hope Thelbirt reads these posts people put on this board. He is going to be a laughing stock once the campaigning finally starts and all his lies are proven wrong with facts. I have said it before, McNesby has nothing to gain at this point in the campaigns to even respond to you morons. I am still hoping for a better solution than our current sheriff and Morgan. Gumby for sheriff 2008!!!!

06-17-2007, 01:41 AM
OK children it's like this. We made our statements and we are sticking to them. If your boss wants to debate in public about this or any other issue, David Morgan is ready. Your attempts to sidestep the real issues are getting tiresome. If the PBA or the ECSO wants to ever fess up and make their budget available they can prove or disprove your contention. David Morgan is gaining support fast and your misdirection campaign won't stop him from becoming your next elected sheriff. He who laughs last, laughs best. Play your games without me for awhile. I've got better things to do than argue with your bad attitude and baseless comments. Your agency management is an embarrassment to the law enforcement community. Work on fixing your problems and stop complaining about those who are planing to fix them for you in 2008.

06-17-2007, 05:46 AM
Is Davcid Craig talking about baseless commnets? Sound like the pot is calling the kettle black. I would also like to think that the Morgan campaign would not want to step on their cranks with the way they are dealing with the PBA. Sheriff candidates seem to want the support of the PBA. Remeber, its not just a local union fellows but hey, you guys don't need any help with the way you are currently handling things :roll:

06-17-2007, 06:26 AM
If the PBA had any balls they would openly fight to get the records they want and the money they were promised. All Morgan has done is promise to raise deputy and corrections pay to 35K and I for one believe him. McNesby has pissed away our raises on toys and his buds. What is that you call someone when they don't tell the truth? McNesby is a liar. For the PBA to complain about Morgan, who is doing his best to get the boots on the ground the money they deserve, makes them out to be useless to their members. The PBA sucks. McNesby sucks. Get rid of McNesby and elect a sheriff and PBA president who will do the right thing for a change. This town has been so crooked for so long you wouldn't know honest or good leadership if it bit you in the behind. You'd have to be signal 25 to fall for the crap you are fed by McNesby or the PBA. Rex & Dennis are trying to distract you by baffling you with BS numbers while I believe the ECSO is VIOLATING THE LAW by not giving up the records that would show how badly the employees and public are being screwed. The public is getting behind David Morgan and if the deputies ever want to have a real sheriff they will too.

06-17-2007, 01:00 PM
Craig, I thought you were gonna stop posting on here. Oh that just meant you weren't going to use your real name? I hear the PBA was given the records. Now if the records are so damning why hasn't Morgan asked for the records? Lemme guess, he doesn't have enough cash left after giving it all to you and BLAB?

He sure talks like he has the records saying people are getting 30 and 40 thousand dollar raises and saying the Sheriff got 6 million and gave everyone a 2.3% raise. (although you differ by saying 3 million and 3% and reality is 5%.) ECSO is the highest paying agency after a deputy gets of probation (or if he's hired in at a Deputy Sheriff position) and thereafter . I'd also reference a post if you'd scroll down that deputies will already be making 35,000 by the time Morgan would be taking office so that's no big promise. It's on page 2 of this blog.

Is Morgan aware of all the facts posted in this thread or does Craig use him as a puppet to spew his propaganda? Does Craig speak on Morgan's behalf taking swipes at the PBA? Is Morgan aware that there are serious errors in his newest campaign video and still allowing it to run on BLAB?

One would have to assume Morgan is aware and is going to continue to give knowingly false information to the public he wishes to serve. It's easy to see the Morgan is an incarnation of RMPT. Those are the people that put him in office. They found a person instead of a blog that will tell the public halftruths, errors, and misinformation regardless if it is wrong or not.

06-17-2007, 01:02 PM
Before he starts it should have said highest paying agency in the area.

06-17-2007, 11:18 PM
You know something Mr. Craig, your smear campaining is at its finest. You numbers are inaccurate as well as the points being made. You have attacked the ECSO's specialized units, in particular the helicopter unit and I had too laugh for a day at you direct false reporting. The sad thing is that people of this county read or hear about you lies and believe these are facts. For staters, anyone who relies on the PNJ for accurate numbers, an unbiased story or factual content is nieve. For staters, you claim that there is a squadron of helicopters, 3 in service with a fourth for parts. The truth is there are 2 LEO helicopters, a third acquired from the Army a couple of years ago, and its still painted in Army paint due to the large expense it would take to become ready for civilian police use. If you had any "inside" or factual information you would aslo know that the deputies that are with the pilot are NOT spotters but tactical flight officers with a job that is more overwealming than you could believe. The civilian pilots make @ $40,000 a year and drive unmarked cars that are 1994 and older. The street value of these vehicles would be in the area of $6,000 and its unfortunate but the pilots dont stay for an extended amount of time being they leave and start else where for $55,000-60,000 in the civilian world, so the retirement payout is short.

If you can show me a day where there hasnt been a Law Enforcement need for the helicopter, I would be more than happy to listen too you. You claim that there isnt a robbery, car chase or something of importance that requires this asset but I would beg to differ with you. I think just the one life saved when the Alzheimer's patent went missing and was found by the helicopter using FLIR, waves all costs. He was found in a ditch with severe head trama from falling, and since the winter nights were cold, they wouldn't have expected him to survive if he wasnt found. So tell me Mr. Craig, how far would you like the men/women of Law Enforcement in your community to go if that was your Father or Grandfather wondering that morning at 1 am? If you or your campaign buddy can actually put a price tag on someone's life, then I will remain speechless.

06-18-2007, 02:33 AM
"YAAAAAAAWWWWNNNN...." Let's see, aren't you McNesby fools the same one's
running the halls awhile back, all smilin' and talkin' trash about the big
15% raise we are scheduled to get? Nah, can't be. And then our fine
elected PBA steps in when it doesn't happen, and demands answers from the
admin. Those answers have been all over the blogs. Got that info asap!
Now some outside leo's confirm the figures on the helo operation "aren't
that far off." Nah, can't be. The ESO got a deal. Cute rate fuel, pilots
AND mechanic. Nah, can't be. Well, this is one leo that's had all the
trash talk he can stand. We all got hosed by this admin and I don't know
about you, but I didn't get 5% and if you add it up, neither did you.
(Remember? Everyone starts at $35 thou too.) Hell, the PNJ even printed
the starting salary of CO's as $28,700.
So who's the liar? Since I'm quitting, let me give you a clue. It ain't
Morgan.

LEO that's finished with the whole mess

06-18-2007, 02:36 AM
1 helicopter? How about 4. 3 flying and 1 for parts. It was in the Morgan video. He's got you crooks dead to rights. Keep on *****in. You are done.

06-18-2007, 02:45 AM
You are a liar. Everyone got a minimum 5% raise.

06-18-2007, 03:33 AM
HA, If you think there is anything usable for part on the carcas, your sadly mistaken. The Helicopter acquired from the Army a couple of years ago is there, its just not being used. We have two for Law Enforcement that run, a third not being used (still in Army OD) and a chunk of nothing that you think is used for anything of value.

And let the PNJ keep spreading all the "truth" that Pensacola believes, just like their lack of reporting all the crime that really occurs in this county. They have everyone believing that nothing happens here in "paradise" and the cops have nothing too do. As for the recent pay raises, the new DS coming in at the new pay rate are making less than a dollar per hour than me, and I have 13 years. I hate it also but Im still thankful for the career I chose, knowing I would never be a millionaire in this profession. I wish I could go back and choose something more rewarding money wise but I cant and I plan to make the best 17 years I have left.

06-18-2007, 03:38 AM
You are a liar. Everyone got a minimum 5% raise.

and some hand picked got MORE than 5% in some cases a whole lot more!

06-29-2007, 09:21 PM
"The helicopter flight costs have been researched by the Morgan campaign. If the administration finds disagreement, they are free to provide the complete budget allotted to the Air Ops Unit. We believe that the costs will rise far above the conservative $1700 per hour number if all the expenses were accounted for. If they refuse to publish their Air Ops budget then David's statement stands unchallenged by this administration."

Craig/Morgan, how can you publish a flight hour cost if the ECSO won't release the air ops budget? Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the ECSO budget public information? Enlighten us as to how you came up with your numbers.

06-29-2007, 11:12 PM
Why don't you cry baby beotches just do a public records request and get the information instead of putting this back on the sheriff. Oh, I know why, you have to wait for a few more people to give some campaign money so you can pay for the copies :shock:

Stop spending your money on worthless campign videos.

Veteran LEO
06-30-2007, 01:32 AM
Here's a better idea, use a little brain power and actually research the facts before posting a bunch of BS. Your hopes at swaying the population by your lies are amazing and you state you'll only respond to the administrators as a valid response. Your both playing dirty politics and I hope you loooooooose in the end. Being that both of you David's don't have a real police background, you cant tell the difference between "tools" or "toys" and if you think the citizens deserve law enforcement to step back 20 years, they should continue listening to the both of you. With a population close to 400,000, we are actually short in what this county needs. But the narrow minded individuals like yourselves will only take us back. There is nothing impressive in anything the two of you can say that would show you would be a leader in this county. Go petition yourselves in some "Huckleberry" town and leave the true law enforcement to those that have done it and who can do it. We don't need your slander and backstabbing here, there is enough backstabbing in this profession without the two of you.

07-01-2007, 04:35 AM
You can't post things like this without documentation. It will not be tolerated here.

Mod 353

07-01-2007, 06:05 AM
Well isn't this pleasant. I take a week off this blog to work on a news project and I return to see you are still slinging your usual quantity of hatred and misdirection. Bob Taylor Plumbing had a monthly show at BLAB TV. So have many other business persons, the vast majority of whom never have any trouble with the law. Over the years, as happens in our society, some business owners have become indicted and convicted of a variety of crimes. Never have I seen any TV Station or ad agency blamed for the actions of one of their ad clients until today. Very creative and typically nasty for this crowd. The only relationship I have with all my clients is a business relationship. Sadly, for your kind theory, that doesn't make me one of Bob's "dope smoking buddies." People are free to buy advertising where they choose. Just like they are free to support the candidates of their choice. If you had anything to actually praise about your corrupt administration you'd do that. In the absence of that all you have left is hostility.

07-02-2007, 03:51 PM
Since neither David will respond to the question regarding the figures they used to come up with the flight hour cost I guess we can assume that they are using the "That's our story and we're sticking to it" defense. It's a simple question why is an answer so difficult?

07-02-2007, 05:44 PM
You fail to realize that their mentality is if they say it and the sheriff or the admin. doesn't deny it or doesn't comment then its true.

07-03-2007, 01:15 AM
I always look forward to David "Pop a Cap" Craig's detailed synopsis of his week or however long it took him to use his real name to reply.

Was last weeks "project" another Morgan blip that costs his campaign another thousand or two? Carefull what y'all spend. Those $20 and $40 contributions don't stretch that far.

07-10-2007, 08:06 PM
Well, once again the RonnieMac crowd is relying on bs and rumors. I
googled helicopters. Guess what? Costs per hour range from $1500 to $2000. Look under Bell or Sikorsky, etc. Sounds to me like Morgan gave you a break by not spinning the higher numbers. You say you are getting it cheaper? Then post the costs. Why is getting a straight answer from this administration always a teeth pulling exercise? And if you are getting it cheaper, how is that? Don't the FAA and unions set the costs for what is acceptable and what is not, for certified maintenance? How can a mechanic undercut everyone else? Something's not right here.

07-10-2007, 10:22 PM
Sorry junior but the FAA has nothing to do with what a mechanic can charge for services. What union would you be refering to? Check the Bell web site and see what the operating cost is for a B206. The B206 is the civilian version of the OH-58. I couldn't find the dollar figure you mentioned. The cost for a 206B was listed as $196 per flight hour--a far cry from both your and Morgan's quote. Granted, their figures are based on cheaper fuel costs but I seriously doubt the price difference will make much difference. Sikorski doesn't make anything that is remotely similiar to what the SO flies so you're not making a good comparision. You might as well compare the OH-58 to a 747.
ONCE AGAIN--the parts and fuel are purchased through a gov program at a substantial savings. If you want to see the actual numbers (budget) then do a public records request--something that Morgan obviously hasn't done. So before you jump to conclusions, like you already have, get you facts straight.

07-11-2007, 01:11 AM
You fail to realize that Morgan has all of his campaign weenies looking over these websites trying to piece together his next factual campaign video. He can't afford to do a public records request becuase he keeps spending those $ 20 donations on Craigs wonderful RNN afterschool specials.

07-11-2007, 04:07 AM
Sounds like "I checked it out" is the one relying on BS and rumors.

07-13-2007, 05:16 PM
Wow! I am impressed. You have pointed out all that is wrong with everything from the admin to the PBA. Only thing is you fail to state what your plan is or would be. I believe anyone could sit back and see problems with any given situation. However, the real gauge of your wisdom would be to give a solution. Problem is you have no answers. You are content in bashing but offer no real help.

Morgan may be the guy for the job. Keep in mind that before he could get people to believe he is the right guy he would have to show the public a plan. The easy part here is to see what is wrong........the difficulty is having a true plan to resolve the problems.

Harry is the target. He is the main guy. Truth is some of his problems are with those who work for him. The first thing everyone will say to that is that is that he is responsible for them. True. Think though if the bad admin people were gone would everbody hate Harry? No is the answer. The ESO employees dont hate Harry as much as they do his "buddies". Remember he is one of us. His buddies are not.

This type of enviroment makes for difficult reading. Many blurt out things they believe are fact because in their mind it is fact. The only support they have is based on third hand info or what they read here or some other blog. A little suggestion...........for the ones here that are intent on blurting trash because you know a person who said they were told about a thing that should have been something because someone they know said thing was a fact .....you believe this to be true .....DONT POST. Do that for one entire day. Only post facts. I bet the traffic here will slow and we will be able to get good information that will help in the process of electing the right guy.

08-02-2009, 04:58 AM
Our friend Anonymous seems to be in need of a response. In order of the points presented:
1. Not true. David Morgan never said there are "no more tasers used in the jail." Anyone watching the video will never find that statement. That's a record that the current administration can't alter. We will not respond directly to imagined and manufactured accusations. He mentioned that after the homicide deaths of Robert Boggon & Jerry Preyer and the death by pneumonia by illegally imprisoned Hosea Bell, the inside the jail deaths have stopped and that the Sheriff's new order was the reason. The point of that statement by David Morgan is what need is there for a multi millions upgrade when a policy decision has solved the problem?

Another post in June 07 by Mr. Craig on this site where he refers to Morgan saying we had two Homicides in our jail. Why haven't we has any under his watch. Again, how many have been killed this year?

08-02-2009, 05:18 AM
0 Homicides and counting so far in 2009. Your point is well taken. And remember that the term "homicide" is specific and is proffered by the Medical Examiner.