06-11-2007, 04:56 PM
What kind of computers is Largo using?

06-12-2007, 12:13 AM
data 911 MCT's

06-13-2007, 02:07 PM
data 911 MCT's

do they work good?

06-13-2007, 02:14 PM
The computers themselves are ok. The best part about it is the touchscreen that you can't gt with a regular laptop. The downside is that the computer (and your reports) are stuck in the car. We have the verizon internet cards which are crap. They disconnect constantly and cause the computer to freeze up. They say they are fixing the problem, we'll see.

06-15-2007, 01:36 AM
You guys just got theses computers and they are already outdated..shouldve wet with dell laptops like every other agency in the county...they are assigned to person not the car..

06-15-2007, 02:30 AM
The computers themselves are ok. The best part about it is the touchscreen that you can't gt with a regular laptop. The downside is that the computer (and your reports) are stuck in the car. We have the verizon internet cards which are crap. They disconnect constantly and cause the computer to freeze up. They say they are fixing the problem, we'll see.

Verizon is the best what's up with the problems? We have cingular and they suck

06-15-2007, 02:58 AM
You guys just got theses computers and they are already outdated..shouldve wet with dell laptops like every other agency in the county...they are assigned to person not the car..

Dear Deputy Jackass-

The computers are not outdated and they work very well. Certainly better than any of the piece-o-crap Dell products that are out there. I've owned a variety of Dell products and I have never been impressed by their quality or customer service. In fact, I got out with one of PCSO's finest the other night and he had "another" loaner Dell because the hard drives in his Dell keep dying. That doesn't sound like a superior product to me. So, go find your own section of the website and go ***** there.

The network does have some dead spots, but that is a network provider issue, not a computer issue. Verizon is upgrading their coverage and we will continue to see improvements in the network.

06-15-2007, 04:23 AM
What kind of jackass comes in here and says that they are outdated? How would you know. Its a mobile computer, not a laptop. This system is nice because the screen is touch sensitive and glare free. The guts of the system are in the computer. Just because the connection drops on the verizon card it doesn't mean that the computers are outdated. Grow up! Dell is not the best, just the most readily available and thus can put out the lowest bid.

06-15-2007, 04:25 AM
I made a typo above, I meant to say that the guts of the computer are in the trunk (keyboard and monitor are up front)

06-18-2007, 09:44 PM
How can anyone say that these computers are outdated? Thats nothing but an immature attempt to start conflict. I doubt you have even had a chance to observe one of these computers in action.

The computers are a great tool and they do the job better than any other system that i have seen. Yeah, there are bugs right now...but come on, this is a huge networking system that is being created. It is going to take time to get everything in sync and working properly.

We have yet to use all of the tools that these things have to offer. I dont see how anyone can compare these systems to the Dell laptops. Lets see....they offer everything the laptops do (live gps tracking, internet access, messaging, fcic) plus many extras such as a newer system that will run a tag for wants, registration exp., r/o for wants, r/o DL status, etc. within @ 8-10 seconds by pressing nothing more than a tag #. We have the touch screen, citation modules, will have computerized arrest affidavits, and oh yeah....we dont need a seperate light to see our keyboards. Every individual key is backlit.

I could go on and on...

Come to think of it, I believe that there are talks of CPD and PCSO eventually going to our system. So to the previous poster, get your facts striaght before trying to trash something they you have no knowledge about.

06-19-2007, 02:24 AM
These damn computers disconnect more than any computer I have EVER used! This problem needs to be addressed and fixed. Please someone with some knowledge on computers step up and fix this issue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!