PDA

View Full Version : A GREAT MAN WILL BE MISSED

06-10-2007, 03:12 AM
We lost a Great Person This week with the passing of our Lt. He will always be remembered by me and i still cant believe hes' gone. I had the pleasure to work with him for the last couple of years in station 1 and I can tell you roll call will never be the same again. His humour and wit brought a lot of laughs to our sometimes gloomy days and you could always be sure he would say whats on his mind. I remember after the hurricane two years ago he offered to let me sleep at his house when he found out i still didnt have electricity and he did. I remember the bike details when he would pay for breakfast for everyone, and the truancy sweeps when we would ride for miles, and miles, and miiiiiles. :lol: I regret turning you down for breakfast on wed. having ate at my house earlier, I wish now we could have had that last breakfast . I Know if you read this you would probably deny this letter(like you did most of my reports) but one thing you cant deny YOU WERE LOVED BY MANY PEOPLE AND WE WILL MISS YOU! Rest in peace.

06-10-2007, 03:42 AM
he was real may he rest in peace

06-10-2007, 04:29 PM
"Guardian Angel"
Archangel Michael, patron saint of law enforcement officers
You have called into service
One very special Lieutenant from
The Miami-Dade Schools Police Department
Lieutenant Leon Szczepanski
He was a man we respected and loved
Very much
Lee, will make one of your finest recruits
He was a very special man
with a warm big heart and
a caring soul.
And on Friday June 8, 2007, Lee was called to join you
And serve at the Lords right hand
His uniform still has the golden Officer’s badge
On his chest
Added are silver wings and a Golden halo around his head
He no longer patrols the streets of Miami-Dade County
His new assignment is to watch over and protect
His family, friends, and brother/sister officer’s from harm
And give them guidance whenever he can
Yes, on that day Lee was promoted to “Guardian Angel”
To watch over and guide us in his own special way
Even though we all miss him greatly and the loss is great
We must remember:
Lee is never really too far away
He is as near as the memories we hold of him in our hearts.

Hug your family and friends, life is too short. Lee was a GREAT person, with a HUGE HEART, we will all miss him.

06-10-2007, 04:52 PM
Clark you are a good man. Just thank God you were able to meet and spend some time with Lee during his time on this earth. I can tell a million stories about the times that Lee did favors for me and my family. He did the same for others. I don't want to get into details but when one of our officers died 10 years ago he went out of his way to help the widow. Those that were around then know what I'm talking about. I am just glad that I was one of those he considered a friend. One day I'll share with you a couple of pictures from the old days... better days I should say.

06-10-2007, 10:09 PM
dATE AND TIME PLEASE OF FUNERAL

We lost a Great Person This week with the passing of our Lt. He will always be remembered by me and i still cant believe hes' gone. I had the pleasure to work with him for the last couple of years in station 1 and I can tell you roll call will never be the same again. His humour and wit brought a lot of laughs to our sometimes gloomy days and you could always be sure he would say whats on his mind. I remember after the hurricane two years ago he offered to let me sleep at his house when he found out i still didnt have electricity and he did. I remember the bike details when he would pay for breakfast for everyone, and the truancy sweeps when we would ride for miles, and miles, and miiiiiles. :lol: I regret turning you down for breakfast on wed. having ate at my house earlier, I wish now we could have had that last breakfast . I Know if you read this you would probably deny this letter(like you did most of my reports) but one thing you cant deny YOU WERE LOVED BY MANY PEOPLE AND WE WILL MISS YOU! Rest in peace.

06-11-2007, 01:39 PM
Nothing scheduled as of yet.

I still can't believe he's gone. It hit really hard yesterday, maybe because I had to go to work today. I still remember how ancious he was to get his new bike, he never got the chance. Like Wil told me, "He died doing what he loved."

Things won't be the same.

kylelipkin
06-14-2007, 08:53 AM
Lee Szczepanski is my uncle and he was such a great police officer, and such a great guy. I will miss him very much all I can say is thank you for the kind words that you have said about him here. I still cant believe this happened myself.

The funeral is going to be on wednesday 6/20. I will be in florida on this coming sunday, if anyone wants further information once i have it you can email me or call my cellphone, 4809079656

Once again thank you for the kind words and Im glad that you had a chance to work with my uncle.

06-15-2007, 08:09 PM
Is the below the correct information?

This email is being sent with great regrets, regarding the funeral of Captain Leon Szczepanski.

Viewing: Tuesday, June 19, 2007
Time: 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm

Services: Wednesday: June 20, 2007
Time: 11:00 am
371 N.W. 136th Avenue
Sunrise, Florida

There will be a short viewing on Wednesday, June 20, 2007, from 10:00 am – 11:00 am

The family is requesting in lieu of flowers, donations are being accepting o the Police Officer Assistance Trust, P.O.A.T. in Leon Szczepanski name.

06-15-2007, 08:36 PM
Is the below the correct information?

This email is being sent with great regrets, regarding the funeral of Captain Leon Szczepanski.

Viewing: Tuesday, June 19, 2007
Time: 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm

Services: Wednesday: June 20, 2007
Time: 11:00 am
371 N.W. 136th Avenue
Sunrise, Florida

There will be a short viewing on Wednesday, June 20, 2007, from 10:00 am – 11:00 am

The family is requesting in lieu of flowers, donations are being accepting o the Police Officer Assistance Trust, P.O.A.T. in Leon Szczepanski name.

That is correct.

06-17-2007, 04:27 AM
BOOGIE DOWN PRODUCTIONS, CHECKING IN...

I HAD REFRAINED FROM WRITING ON THESE PAGES BECAUSE I FOUND MYSELF HAVING TO DEFEND OUR DEPARTMENT DAILY OR I WAS TAKING SHOTS AT PEOPLE IN THIS DEPARTMENT, WHEN ONE DAY IT DAWNED ON ME THAT I WAS JUST WAS TRYING TO MAKE JOKES OR CREATE A RIFT BETWEEN A FEW, AND IT WAS NOT WORTH IT SO I STOPPED WRITING.

MY TRAIN OF THOUGHT WAS HEY, WE ARE ALL ONE FAMILY AND YES GOING BACK TO THAT ACADEMY THINKING "WE ARE ONLY AS STRONG AS OUR WEAKEST LINK!"

BUT NOW THE DEATH OF Lieutenant Leon Szczepanski ALL I CAN SAY IS THAT IT HURTS, IT HURTS REAL BAD!!! LOSING ONE OF THE FAMILY.

I WOULD LIKE TO TAKE THIS TIME TO SHARE A STORY...

I WAS NEW TO THIS DEPARTMENT AND WAS ABLE TO WORK ABOUT TWO YEARS WITH LT AT A NIGHT SCHOOL, MANY NIGHTS I WAS RUNNING FROM MY DAY SHIFT OR A LATE ARREST TO THE NIGHT SCHOOL AND I CAN'T TELL YOU HOW MANY TIMES HE HAD ORDERED FOOD FOR ME AND WHEN I ARRIVED MY FOOD WAS THERE, HE COVERED ME AS I ATE SO THAT THE PRINCIPAL WOULD NOT SEE ME. NOW I ASK YOU, IS THIS NOT WHAT FAMILY DOES FOR FAMILY?
DON'T LET THE DEATH OF A BROTHER OR SISTER GO IN VAIN, LET THE LORDS' WILL MOVE YOU, IT CAN MOVE MOUNTAINS.

GO HOME AND HUG YOUR CHILDREN AND PARENTS AND SPOUSES, SPOIL THE PEOPLE YOU LOVE, LET THEM FEEL YOU AND KNOW THAT YOU ARE HERE, TELL THEM YOU LOVE THEM, THEN TELL THEM AGAIN...

LEE I WILL MISS YOU MY BROTHER, AND AS A PART OF MY FAMILY WHETHER YOU ARE HERE OR NOT I LOVE YOU. GOD BLESS YOUR SOUL!

THERE ARE MOUNTAINS IN HEAVEN, AND YOU WILL ONCE AGAIN RIDE!

06-19-2007, 05:04 PM
I'M GRATEFUL THAT I HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO WORK AND GET TO KNOW SUCH A TRUE INDIVIDUAL. THE JOKES AND COMMENTS HE WOULD MAKE AT ROLL CALL WOULD KEEP US IN A ROAR (OF COURSE EXCEPT THOSE ON THE SPOT LIGHT). THERE IS NO DOUBT IN MY MIND THAT LEE AFFECTED SO MANY PEOPLE IN HIS CAREER, THAT WE CAN ALL CARRY IN HIS MEMORY. I LOVE YOU FOR AFFECTING ME IN MORE WAYS THAN YOU'LL EVER KNOW I JUST HOPE ONE DAY I CAN GROW TO BE TYPE OF LIEUTENANT YOU WERE.

06-19-2007, 09:37 PM
Anyone heard from Cisco Kid?

06-20-2007, 03:07 AM
I'm also glad to have had him as my LT. for the past two years in station 1. He was a character alright. The best roll calls you could ever have. When he looked around and picked out his target to rank on, boy it was awsome. until he pick you and all you could do it smile and grin. Boy he picked on me alot, what I wouldn't give to hear his voice again crackin another fat joke. I'll miss you bro, keep and eye over us LT. like you did when you were here. We'll all miss you.

06-20-2007, 04:01 AM
Anyone heard from Cisco Kid?

This is not the right place or time for this.

06-22-2007, 01:39 AM
MAY GOD HAVE LEE IN HEAVEN !! HE WAS NOT PERFECT,BUT WHO IS. WE ALL HAVE FAULTS !. ROLL CALL WILL NEVER BE THE SAME IN REG 1.
I LIKE MOST OF US STILL CAN'T BELIEVE HE GONE. HIS SHOES WILL BE HARD TO FILL!, THE MAN NEVER HELD A GRUDGED. AND I DON'T KNOW IF IT WAS A SIGN FROM THE MAN UP STAIRS,BUT MY SELF AND ANOTHER FELLOW OFFICER HAD THE OPERTUNITY TO HAVE BREAKFAST WITH LEE TWO DAYS BEFORE HIS PASSING. AND SOMETHING THAT WILL STAY WITH ME FOR EVER IS THAT I WAS THE LAST PERSON IN MIAMI DADE SCHOOLS POLICE DEPT. THAT HE WAS WITH ON THE THURSDAY BEFORE LEAVING WHEN HE BOUGHT ME LUNCH !
LEE WE ALL WILL MIS YOU ! GOD SPEED !

06-22-2007, 04:16 PM
lurn howl two spel , then pohst a reeply

06-22-2007, 07:52 PM
Why dont you post your real name and then critisize. Please do not dishonor this thread with your hatred. I cant beleive we have some cowardly people that would attack someone for spelling, on a thread of this nature.

Ariel your post was from the heart.

REST IN PEACE LEE.

I am still waiting for you to cc me and everyone else in your emails to GOD.

06-22-2007, 08:51 PM
TO: WHO CRITICIZE MY SPELLING! I WAS ONLY TRYING TO SHARE

SOMETHING FROM THE HEART! WITH MY BROTHERS IN BLUE. I WAS

NOT LOOKING AT MY SPELLING. WE ALL LOST THE GOOD MAN !.

OBVIOUSLY WHO EVER YOU ARE ? YOU HAVE NOT HEART !

AND GOD HAS A FUNNY WAY SENSE OF HUMOUR AND PUNISHES PEOPLE

LIKE YOU ! IT WOULD BE A VERY TERRIBLE THING IF YOU LOST A

PERSON CLOSE TO YOU OR WOULD IT BE GOD'S WAY OF SAYING WHAT

GOES AROUND COMES AROUND ?

LEE GOD SPEED !!

06-28-2007, 12:13 AM
He was an amazing person, funny , caring and always want to help everyone. I'm glad I got to know him, ...we lost contact but the only thing I know is how happy his life was beautiful fiancee.
He help a lot, with school and thanks to him I got a life in this country , thank you for everything you did for me. :cry:
He will leave a big hole in all our hearts and my thoughts are with his fiancée Katty; parents Leo and Joan and family.

Sincerely with love
Lina
linitam77@yahoo.com

Love Lives On

Those we love are never really lost to us--
we feel them in so many special ways--
through friends they always cared about
and dreams they left behind,
in beauty that they added to our days...
in words of wisdom we still carry with us
and memories that never will be gone...
Those we love
are never really lost to us--
for everywhere their special love lives on.
~ Amanda Bradley ~