PDA

View Full Version : Lay Offs?

06-10-2007, 12:03 AM
I heard that the department budget for next year doesn't have even enough money to pay the salaries, and this is before the property tax cuts. Is this true?

06-10-2007, 04:50 PM
I heard that the department budget for next year doesn't have even enough money to pay the salaries, and this is before the property tax cuts. Is this true?

Yes very true, Pembroke Pines will be disbanding their police department and instituting martial law

06-11-2007, 01:21 AM
Layoffs?!?

LAYOFFS!?!!!

Are you kidding me?!?

LAYOFFS!!!!!

:wink:

06-11-2007, 02:42 AM
Im glad I got out when I did.

I told you all.....

06-11-2007, 04:48 PM
Yeah, Mullis and Wilford, with a collective IQ the same as a baseball bat. We should have all taken your career advice. Smart moves.

06-11-2007, 05:53 PM
Don't forget the greatest one
McCord....

06-11-2007, 09:13 PM
I wonder if McCord gave Marty a reach-around after effing him and the Department with RMS...nice legacy ****wad.

Guerilla Elf
06-13-2007, 01:04 AM
Let's not forget Gomez Martin and Dave Lopez as well as Santiago Cruz...they all had excellent plans too!! But we all must admit that Ari Mustapha's exit plan was well thought out and executed..."Can I get the keys to that fine used car, or show you the roomy backseat, ma'am?"

07-07-2007, 12:46 PM

Yes very true, Pembroke Pines will be disbanding their police department and instituting martial law

You idiots at Pines are a joke. I work on the West Coast and was reading the post Green Machine. I work for a large city PD and can't believe you morons would talk trash about one another. You claim you can walk away with 96% after 20 years? Well if you can do math, a 4% multiplier make 80% at 20 years. Yea you may have a good pension, but all the unions statewide are waiting to watch the city fall. Your city can't afford your pension and it's only a matter of time before you have to rethink your pension. I know there will be some idiot officer to come on and think you'll keep that nice pension, but just wait. Benefits have become too much for PD's and SO's. Soon we will all be like FHP. The cities are running dry. Give up your walk in the park, and come work in ghetto in Tampa. I hate cops like you who work in these rich cities who think they deserve the world. You wouldn't last a day in Tampa

07-07-2007, 01:19 PM

You idiots at Pines are a joke. I work on the West Coast and was reading the post Green Machine. I work for a large city PD and can't believe you morons would talk trash about one another. You claim you can walk away with 96% after 20 years? Well if you can do math, a 4% multiplier make 80% at 20 years. Yea you may have a good pension, but all the unions statewide are waiting to watch the city fall. Your city can't afford your pension and it's only a matter of time before you have to rethink your pension. I know there will be some idiot officer to come on and think you'll keep that nice pension, but just wait. Benefits have become too much for PD's and SO's. Soon we will all be like FHP. The cities are running dry. Give up your walk in the park, and come work in ghetto in Tampa. I hate cops like you who work in these rich cities who think they deserve the world. You wouldn't last a day in Tampa

I'm a Trooper here in Broward and I've had many positive experiences with BSO and about every other agency other than Pembroke Pines. You guys think you walk on water, and patrol a boring quite community. So go ahead and begin degrading FHP and talk about how good your pension is. Let me say this, one of your officers decides to exercise enforcement outside of their jurisdiction, they will be riding in the back of my car. So please enjoy driving around your little dot on my state map. You guys are only a dot on Broward's map, you hardly exist to the state of Florida. Pathetic excuses for LEOs.

07-07-2007, 01:51 PM

Wow, I detect a bit of jealousy in your post you idiot. If you knew anything about pension plans, you'd know that we current employees are protected under our current pension plan. Yes, its true that the plan will likely be changed for new hires (guys like you who jump from one department to another looking for greener grass). So do yourself a favor and keep working in that CESSPOOL known as Tampa. Then if you make it to 30 years of service, think about us. We will have been retired for 5 or ten years before you.

The real fact is that you wouldnt make a day in the Pines because we wouldnt hire you moron. We keep our standards higher than that.

07-07-2007, 03:37 PM

I'm a Trooper here in Broward and I've had many positive experiences with BSO and about every other agency other than Pembroke Pines. You guys think you walk on water, and patrol a boring quite community. So go ahead and begin degrading FHP and talk about how good your pension is. Let me say this, one of your officers decides to exercise enforcement outside of their jurisdiction, they will be riding in the back of my car. So please enjoy driving around your little dot on my state map. You guys are only a dot on Broward's map, you hardly exist to the state of Florida. Pathetic excuses for LEOs.

SPOKEN LIKE A TRUE TROOPER

07-07-2007, 05:22 PM

Wow, I detect a bit of jealousy in your post you idiot. If you knew anything about pension plans, you'd know that we current employees are protected under our current pension plan. Yes, its true that the plan will likely be changed for new hires (guys like you who jump from one department to another looking for greener grass). So do yourself a favor and keep working in that CESSPOOL known as Tampa. Then if you make it to 30 years of service, think about us. We will have been retired for 5 or ten years before you.

The real fact is that you wouldnt make a day in the Pines because we wouldnt hire you moron. We keep our standards higher than that.

Pines standard isn't that great. We all have those who fit through the cracks. I'm curious though, I'm coming back from North Florida, what are the provision that will be made to the current pension?

07-07-2007, 06:33 PM
FHP!!!???

LOL!!!!!
:lol:

Brown suits you just FINE :wink:

07-08-2007, 03:10 AM

SPOKEN LIKE A TRUE TROOPER

HEY TROOPER, THE NEXT TIME ONE OF YOUR GUYS INTERFERES WITH ONE OF OUR PURSUITS, SMASHES HIS GUN ON THE PERPS HEAD (WHILE IT'S POINTED AT OTHER OFFICERS FROM SEVERAL AGENCIES), AND TAKES OFF AFTER STATING "WELL I HAD MY FUN", HE WILL FIND HIS SORRY, TICKET WRITIN' @$$ IN THE BACK OF MY UNIT.
JUST TRY TO ARREST ME FOR STOPPING SOMEONE THAT POSES A THREAT TO EVERYONE ELSE. IF I DECIDE TO STOP SOMEONE OUT OF MY JURISDICTION, THERE IS A DAMN GOOD REASON BEHIND IT. PROBABLY BECAUSE THEIR ACTIONS PUT SOMEONE'S LIFE IN DANGER, QUITE POSSIBLY SOMEONE YOU OR I KNOW.
I'M NOT DIRECTING THIS TO ALL FHP OFFICERS, JUST THE JACKOFF WHO AUTHORED THE ABOVE QUOTE. AND TO THAT LITTLE PUNK REFERRED TO IN THE ABOVE INCIDENT. NOT ONLY DID HE DISGRACE YOU GUYS, BUT HE ALSO MADE A FEW OFFICERS SOIL THEIR PANTS WHEN THEY SAW THAT LOADED GAT POINTED AT THEM.

07-08-2007, 03:00 PM

Pines standard isn't that great. We all have those who fit through the cracks. I'm curious though, I'm coming back from North Florida, what are the provision that will be made to the current pension?

Can anyone answer what changes are going to be made to our pension?

07-11-2007, 11:53 AM
Yeah, we get it. You work in the worst neighborhoods imaginable to mankind, and we have a pension that is envied by most departments. So what? Do you think you are a better cop or person because you chose to work in a sh*thole? Don't hate us because the PBA did well by us and got us incredible benefits. And you just keep holding your breath waiting for our pension to fail - it isn't going to happen no matter how hard you wish or how much voodoo you do to try to make it fail.

Don't you all have issues that you should deal with in your own agencies rather than berating and bashing us on our own posting? We certainly have enough of our own to deal with rather than defending ourselves to your BS remarks. Have a little self-dignity and show a little respect when you are a guest on someone else's forum.

07-11-2007, 12:50 PM
Yeah, we get it. You work in the worst neighborhoods imaginable to mankind, and we have a pension that is envied by most departments. So what? Do you think you are a better cop or person because you chose to work in a sh*thole? Don't hate us because the PBA did well by us and got us incredible benefits. And you just keep holding your breath waiting for our pension to fail - it isn't going to happen no matter how hard you wish or how much voodoo you do to try to make it fail.

Don't you all have issues that you should deal with in your own agencies rather than berating and bashing us on our own posting? We certainly have enough of our own to deal with rather than defending ourselves to your BS remarks. Have a little self-dignity and show a little respect when you are a guest on someone else's forum.

They are going to have to make revisions to the pension idiot the city can't afford to do it for everyone. The new hires will the be the ones to see the change.

07-11-2007, 01:00 PM

See this is what I mean, Pines cops are so arrogant, ****y, and just plain arseholes.

07-11-2007, 04:51 PM
i don't feel guilty about working in a great department. i feel sorry for the cops that are working in high crime areas, getting crappy pay and benefits, and not liking the department they work for. youz should have thought about that before you applied there. choose a department where the homes are nice, there are plenty of busnesses and light industry and you too will have good pay and benefits. if you decide to work in a slum, getto, shanty town, an area with old dried up busnesses that don't produce taxes, then you'll get what you applied for. i'm happier than a friggin' pig in shizat!!!!!

07-11-2007, 04:59 PM
i don't feel guilty about working in a great department. i feel sorry for the cops that are working in high crime areas, getting crappy pay and benefits, and not liking the department they work for. youz should have thought about that before you applied there. choose a department where the homes are nice, there are plenty of busnesses and light industry and you too will have good pay and benefits. if you decide to work in a slum, getto, shanty town, an area with old dried up busnesses that don't produce taxes, then you'll get what you applied for. i'm happier than a friggin' pig in shizat!!!!!

Pigs in shizat, that about sums pine's officers up

07-11-2007, 05:35 PM

See this is what I mean, Pines cops are so arrogant, ****y, and just plain arseholes.

Dude, what do you mean arrogant? How about you and all of your buddies who have nothing better to do than to go to other department chat forums and stir the pot. I won't call you arrogant, but I will say you are a ****head.

Are you mad at the opportunities that we have made for ourselves? We are damned lucky in this city, not just because of our pension, but for a lot of other things as well. We are incredibly fortunate and very lucky. Is that arrogant? If so than so be it. So, we are arrogant, but you are still a ****head and we will still be working in a better department.

Can any of you "tourists" show me one instance where a Pines cop has gone to another department's chat site and bad-mouthed another agency. I doubt it has happened. But we are arrogant.

07-11-2007, 05:58 PM
[quote="guest%%%":6jy0810q]Yeah, we get it. You work in the worst neighborhoods imaginable to mankind, and we have a pension that is envied by most departments. So what? Do you think you are a better cop or person because you chose to work in a sh*thole? Don't hate us because the PBA did well by us and got us incredible benefits. And you just keep holding your breath waiting for our pension to fail - it isn't going to happen no matter how hard you wish or how much voodoo you do to try to make it fail.

Dude, what do you mean arrogant? How about you and all of your buddies who have nothing better to do than to go to other department chat forums and stir the pot. I won't call you arrogant, but I will say you are a stubborn person.

Are you mad at the opportunities that we have made for ourselves? We are damned lucky in this city, not just because of our pension, but for a lot of other things as well. We are incredibly fortunate and very lucky. Is that arrogant? If so than so be it. So, we are arrogant, but you are still a stubborn person and we will still be working in a better department.

Can any of you "tourists" show me one instance where a Pines cop has gone to another department's chat site and bad-mouthed another agency. I doubt it has happened. But we are arrogant.[/quote:6jy0810q]

You know as well as I do, you guys have it good. Too good to the point the city has to make revisions to the pension. However, you are no better of the cop than someone who works in Lauderhill. Cities and counties are having a hard time justifying their budgets now, wait until Jan when they pass more tax reductions. Sure, current employees will be grand fathered in, however the new ones will have take a reduction. Good luck, and please try to stay professional

07-12-2007, 12:31 AM
city hall is at pines blvd and palm ave (a.k.a. 47 ave). if you don;t like where you're at apply with us. you'll be able to eat lunch at a good restaurant (instead of off of a lunch truck) then you can workout on duty.

07-12-2007, 12:47 AM
city hall is at pines blvd and palm ave (a.k.a. 47 ave). if you don;t like where you're at apply with us. you'll be able to eat lunch at a good restaurant (instead of off of a lunch truck) then you can workout on duty.

Wow glad to see you have enough time to workout on duty. Next thing you'll be like Fire Fighters, sit in the station and wait for a call. What a joke

07-12-2007, 01:50 AM
you ***** but you do nothing to change it. just like your stinkin island......

07-12-2007, 02:59 AM
you ***** but you do nothing to change it. just like your stinkin island......

Nope, just can't stand arrogant cops who think they walk on water. My island is nice, lots of things to do, and we have great benefits. It's okay, mark my words, Pembroke Pines is a sinking ship. My ship already sank, a fine ghetto city with a nice PD and nice benefits. Float over and work a beat, you'll be running with your tail between your legs.

07-12-2007, 09:52 PM
it seems as though you take pride in working in a shizat hole. i don't understand it. what? because you work in a dump means i gotta feel guilty about working in a nice city? i can't help you if you made a bad career move. go to your own city's site and try to make things better for your city. it's typical of some of youz who say, "if i don't have it then nobody can have it.". because of people like you they don't keep score in t-ball anymore.......

07-13-2007, 03:49 AM
it seems as though you take pride in working in a shizat hole. i don't understand it. what? because you work in a dump means i gotta feel guilty about working in a nice city? i can't help you if you made a bad career move. go to your own city's site and try to make things better for your city. it's typical of some of youz who say, "if i don't have it then nobody can have it.". because of people like you they don't keep score in t-ball anymore.......

You won't have it very long anyway. Go answer your barking dog calls, take out the trash calls, and walk someones dog calls. Such great police work

07-13-2007, 07:36 AM
You forgot to add something. Continue on patrolling the beautiful neighborhoods and envy the Cubans who own the homes. Wake up brotha and look around you. We run this city and you work for us!!! :D

07-13-2007, 12:42 PM
You forgot to add something. Continue on patrolling the beautiful neighborhoods and envy the Cubans who own the homes. Wake up brotha and look around you. We run this city and you work for us!!! :D

Yes, that too

07-13-2007, 01:30 PM
Yes...Cubans turn cities into paradise.

That is why we are all trying to move our families to Hialeah. Lucky for you Fidel didnt take that city over too.

07-13-2007, 02:54 PM
What a pu&&y you must be to berate brother police officers. I am still waiting for someone to show me where a Pines officer has done this on someone else's site. I think that we have enough self-worth to not do what you are doing here. You and all of those berating us are nothing less than jealous, and that is not being arrogant. We all appreciate what we have. You are obviously envious or you wouldn't be wasting your time on PEMBROKE PINES' page.

And about your rough and tumble, ghetto working stud, "I am so much better than a suburb cop" mentality - go jerk off somewhere else. We don't care that you chose to work wherever it is that you are.

07-13-2007, 07:44 PM
What a pu&&y you must be to berate brother police officers. I am still waiting for someone to show me where a Pines officer has done this on someone else's site. I think that we have enough self-worth to not do what you are doing here. You and all of those berating us are nothing less than jealous, and that is not being arrogant. We all appreciate what we have. You are obviously envious or you wouldn't be wasting your time on PEMBROKE PINES' page.

And about your rough and tumble, ghetto working stud, "I am so much better than a suburb cop" mentality - go jerk off somewhere else. We don't care that you chose to work wherever it is that you are.

I'll jerk off all over you sorry pines cops

07-13-2007, 09:06 PM

It's people like you that breed stereotypes on a group of people. I've worked with people of all races and creeds of both sexes within our agency including surrounding agencies. I can assure you that the general consensus is we all dislike everyone equally. Every group has their scumbag arseholes. There are many within my own race I can't stand to be around because they make the rest of us look like scum. I have never proclaimed or even secretly felt my race or sex was the dominant one, and I can't stand to hear it from anyone. Now I can't speak on everyone's behalf from our agency. I do know that tags are run, and traffic stops are made based on how someone looks. Sometimes these stops lead to an arrest. Things like this are done by only a small number of Officers whom produce stats that look good on paper. It's people like this (including you) that lump all of us into a stereotype. I consider you and the little group that I have now lumped you into as a turd in our profession, and the parasites of our society. Take your egocentric ideals home and feed them to your kids. I'm sure they will be the only captive audience you'll get to listen.

07-14-2007, 12:03 AM
yeah. just keep the salary comin'. like i said, i don't mind making the same or more than you and handlin easier calls. i never said i like to work hard. workin in a shizat hole gets old quick. have fun!!!!!

07-14-2007, 03:16 AM
Keep everyone except for the camel.

07-23-2007, 05:04 AM
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/ ... _home_util (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/broward/sfl-713proptax,0,3355282.story?coll=sofla_home_util)

07-24-2007, 01:36 AM
can chew imatchin how mush more chitty places like hialeah are going to be?
i'm gonna haff to move my pick farming to brrrowart county.

07-24-2007, 03:22 AM
I urge everyone who looks at this site to stop the hialeah-pines bickering. Forget about the childish who started it, but rather that both parties involved look like childish fools. I like jokes like anybody else, but this going to far, i think it might be breeding a genuine dislike.

Yes, Hialeah has good cops but so does Pines and also the benefits that Pines has are second to none. Both agencies deserve respect.

I can say this as a person who works in Hialeah and knows several friends who applied to Pines and were property tax casualties.

We were all Hispanic and I can honestly say that every member of the Pines personnel selection staff treated us with respect and as equals.
Not to mention Hialeah has numerous "American" officers who are treated with respect and as equals.

Those are my 2cents... 8)