PDA

View Full Version : Employment Questions

06-06-2007, 05:18 AM
Hello all, I am currently enrolled in the HCC academy and had a few questions refrence your agency.

Is there a residency radius for employment?

Do I need to be completely done with the academy before I can start my application process?

What are the chances of a self sponsered academy graduate with no law enforcement experience (except TPD explorers) of getting in with your agency?

Any help I can get would be great, Ive been reading alot of the posts on this site and you folks seem to be the only people that arent completely bashing each other so thats a plus when looking for employment.

06-08-2007, 08:06 PM
do yourself a favor and look elsewhere.

06-10-2007, 05:12 AM
go elsewhere.Nothing but a political back stabbing stressed out short order cook atmosphere.Go to orlando or tampa.

06-29-2007, 03:12 AM
If you're smart you will get a job as far away from Hernando County as possible. This place is Hell :twisted: . There are so many unhappy people here it is unreal. Its sad to see deputies that were once hopeful and proactive transformed into clock-punching emotionless robots. But that is the reality of the Hernando County Sheriff's Office. This place twists people and turns them against each other. The only hope for the new guys is to get in, get a few years under their belts, and leave to go State or Federal.

Take my advice: Run away and never, never look back.

06-29-2007, 11:16 AM
If you really feel that way then why don't you quit and move on. (all of you) Hey PASCO is hiring, Pinellas, and so on..Hey I even heard that Brooksville P.D. is looking for people. You do not have to stay here and cry you can move on too and do not look back after you leave. :D :D :D :D We will not miss you.

06-29-2007, 12:40 PM
We shouldn't have to pick up and move when the problem is not with us. We should not have to alter our lives. We are not at fault here. The Sheriffs Office upper staff is the root of the problem, not us. If the numerous problems were properly dealt with with by the upper staff, then there would not be so many unhappy people. They really need to get their act together, or else they will end up losing many good people.

I can tell by your post that you know that there are many unhappy people. You say "(all of you)" so that means that you recognize that there is a problem resulting in many unhappy deputies. Your solution will not work, however. Pushing us out the door will eventually result in more heartache for you, since more unhappy deputies will follow in our path.

The root of the problem is all the craziness that occurs at the admin level. Fix that, and you wont have to lose good cops. After all, I heard there is a countywide hiring freeze. How will you fill our spots when you cant hire new people? Maybe the admin staff could (and should) start working the road to see how much they have screwed things up.

06-30-2007, 07:42 PM
Ok what are the problems with the upper staff that you are refering to. Do they effect you directly?????? What are the changes what do you want have you addressed these issues to anyone,, Supervisors, FOP ect ect. These post are so open that they are senseless. If the answer is NO to these questions then you are wasting your time So MOVE on if you are not happy. :D

07-01-2007, 05:09 PM
Yesssssss. The upper staff issues affect me directly. They also affect many many many other deputies. And yesssssss, I have tried to have them addressed. Many other deputies have tried to have them addressed. The answer is yesssssss to all of your questions.

The upper staff will not change, so there is no hope of any real problems being resolved. And no, I'm not leaving. Anyway, I shouldnt have to leave when the problem is not with me. The upper staff needs to fix the problems themselves.

You guys seem to think that the answer is to just push out all the guys that actually stand up for themselves. You just want to keep the "yes" men. Sorry. This department is diverse, you cant expect every deputy to think like you and blindly follow your lead.

07-02-2007, 11:11 AM
Then SUCK it up and just do your job....Quit your whining and make the best of it. You sound just like Ms. Bowman......

07-11-2007, 08:03 PM
such a great place huh....a Lt just got demoted for misconduct with a female and a sgt that was passed over for promotion less than a year ago for misconduct was promoted to replace him...just a little ironic or stupid?

07-11-2007, 10:43 PM
If you knew anything at all about the details of the two investigations into the "misconduct" you'd know they are not even close to the same thing. The Sergeant was investigated for "harrasment" and it was unfounded. He was reprimanded for a courtesy policy violation for cursing in the presence of an employee. He was passed up twice for promotion OVER a year ago. He paid his pennance. The Lt. demotion was for something totally different, involving inappropriate sexual/biased based comments to a female subordinate. Get your facts straight before you speak on things you're obviously ignorant about.

07-12-2007, 05:34 AM
You mind hanging my laundry out to dry too?

07-12-2007, 11:06 PM
im willing to bet that the newly promoted Lt is a Sheriff campaign contributor, and the old Lt was not. Probably thats why our new LT was given only a slap on the wrist. The newly demoted Lt was railroaded by the office.

Ask the new LT if he would like some of his laundry done. I'm sure there is enough to keep you guys busy for awhile.

02-09-2008, 10:35 PM
Boy you guys sound just like our guys accept your in a smaller Department. I think I'll stay with my SO for now.

02-10-2008, 01:53 PM
FOLKS!We work for a Sheriffs Office.The SHeriff will always hang you out on the clothes line if it means protecting his image in front of the public.DONT YOU GUYS GET IT YET!All the complaining will do nothing.GO to a Police Dept. and work for a chief,if your tired of the political nonsense where the customer is always right.And thats a big city also!!! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: