PDA

View Full Version : FLEX TIME

06-05-2007, 12:52 PM
Lt's are saying that flex time needs to be used within the same period that it is given. SRT and Honor Guard are given flex time hour for hour and not time and 1/2. On top of that officers are being given a hard time about how much flex time they have accumulated.

These officers take time out of their own lives and schedules to do something for the PD and the admin does nothing but shit all over them for doing it. This is the same reason ofc. Clough quit working with the Explorers. They gave him crap for not using his flex time right away. He finally gave up after they told him he wouldn't even receive flex time anymore.

Here's a wonderful idea to the guys that are being given a hard time. QUIT ! They don't care about you. Why give anything back to a place that wants to do nothing but make your life harder? in case you don't remember we have a contract that says any minute after 40 hours in one work week is paid at time and 1/2, Grow a sack for gods sake. At least demand time and 1/2 of flex.

Do you really want to be lead by Lt. Corky from Life Goes on. One that has coined the phrase," WHAT ARE THE RULES OF ENGAGEMENT ? "

06-05-2007, 01:09 PM
About time someone said something about this. It's against our contract to do anything work related after 40 hours and not get compensated for it at time and a half.

Our own FIRE CHIEF got paid double time for nearly 7 days straight after our last major hurricane. Who knows how much money that was. Yet they expect SRT and other units to get flex hour per hour. That's whatever his hourly rate would be if you divided his salary by 2080 and then multiply it times the 336 hours he put in for and received.

Let's say he makes $135,00 per year.. divided by 2080 = $65 per hour. That would mean he made $21,840 in one week. He even got paid to sleep.

You guys that continue to work for free are only screwing yourselves.

06-06-2007, 01:38 AM
The worst part about this is that when SRT does train, they only give them hour for hour flex time, not even time & a half !! What kind of crap is that?? You are on your off time, just like going to court on your day off, it should be time & a half. I was wondering what the Dive team gets for their training days? I don't know so I can't comment. Then when you train for an entire 10 hr day & you try to take off an entire 10 hr day , they deny you, & tell you to go home early a few days ina row. Man, if the whole team would stand up to this and get the union involved, it would force their hand to do something about it. But wait - then they will tell you if you force the issue, the Chief will just disband the SRT team... Like everything around Davie PD, if you stand up & speakup about something, they just try to strong arm or threaten you into their way. WAKE UP FELLAS !!!!!!!!!!!!

06-06-2007, 12:22 PM
maybe its time to either look at why you volunteered for the job or time to stand up and fight for the job......

06-06-2007, 04:49 PM
This seems to be a common theme, complain about everything and do nothing. Once again, if you are so unhappy here, then leave. Almost every agency in south Florida is hiring, I'm sure you can get a job almost any where. Or is that the problem. That you are so worthless as not only a cop but as a person that there isn't a department in Florida that will hire you. If that is the case, then ***** away because you are so spineless that you are unwilling to stand up for what you believe.

06-06-2007, 06:04 PM
This seems to be a common theme, complain about everything and do nothing. Once again, if you are so unhappy here, then leave. Almost every agency in south Florida is hiring, I'm sure you can get a job almost any where. Or is that the problem. That you are so worthless as not only a cop but as a person that there isn't a department in Florida that will hire you. If that is the case, then ***** away because you are so spineless that you are unwilling to stand up for what you believe.

I don't know if the people who are posting here are necessarily "*****ing" as you put it. They are bringing up some valid points. Our contract reads that training is overtime or our schedules need to be adjusted with proper notice. Instead we are compensated with "FLEX TIME" which doesn't exist and is nowhere mentioned in our contract. Do you guys know where "FLEX TIME" came from? Our former Lt. Smith who stole from one of our Officers, stole from the Union, and was later arrested on federal charges. We are basically implementing an unwritten policy that was invented by a criminal that stole thousands of dollars from various people. I think most of the guys in the various units like SRT, the dive team, and the honor guard are on the teams because they enjoy them and truly believe in them. Dont' compensate them less than they are owed. If they want to keep "FLEX TIME" around, I think it's more than fair to compensate our people at time and a half "FLEX". If not, pay overtime or adjust their schedules as our contract states.

For those of you who keep saying "if you don't like it leave", you need to come up with something else to say. I'm sure if the administration tomorrow said court is no longer overtime and you will be compensated at straight hours of "FLEX TIME", you too would be "up in arms". How would you like than for someone to tell you "well if you don't like it leave"? Think about it.

06-06-2007, 08:06 PM
If I didn't like then I would leave. And yes it is getting old, the same thing being said "if you don't like it then leave". But it is such a true statement. It is apparent by your comments that you have not been involved in something that you enjoy doing. Sometimes there are sacrafices to be made, especially when it comes to things that you enjoy. Maybe it was not you "*****ing" but then again who knows. Maybe you were never there and will never be there. Who knows. Maybe you are here because there is no where else that will have you. Who knows. Maybe you are the best cop in Town. Who knows. I think you are a piece of shit. Who knows.

06-06-2007, 09:20 PM
Hey "still there", I have been here over 15 years and some things are just wrong including the flex time. Maybe you are one of the chiefs "suck a**" that's why you like it so much.

06-06-2007, 09:43 PM
Hey "still there", I have been here over 15 years and some things are just wrong including the flex time. Maybe you are one of the chiefs "suck a**" that's why you like it so much.

Been there has been here 15 years and still has nothing to show for it. That is why he is sooooooooooooo angry...he has nothing but an argument about flex time. He'll never leave because this is all he has. Sad.

06-06-2007, 11:00 PM
Unfortunately been there is wrong AGAIN. I do not agree with flex time and think that everyone who works more than their 40 hours should be compensated at overtime PAY not flex. In my opinion, flex time is a shame. But it is my understanding that those who are compensated with flex time, agree to the flex time for the hours worked. Therefore, if you do not want flex time, then don't put yourself in a position to take flex time. It seems pretty simple to me, but that lends to my prior post that obviously you have nothing to turn to so all you will do is complain.

Or maybe, just maybe, you are one of the ones who want to be in a position to get flex and can not cut the mustard therefore you are unable to obtain a position that is given flex time. Just a thought. Maybe you are just a whining ***** who complains about everything no matter what you are given.

I am even willing to bet that you just received a new car, and turn around and complain about the color of the seats. Or your wife is cheating on you because you cheated on her first, and now you are feeling that you were wronged.

Or maybe you put in for a position, did not properly prepare and someone else got the position now you complain that the system is fixed. I don't know, but maybe you even applied to another agency and were turned down because you have nothing to bring to the table.

Maybe you are unsure of your sexual orientation and are afraid to come out of the closet.

I don't know, just some ideas.

06-06-2007, 11:49 PM
I repeat SUCK A**

06-07-2007, 04:01 AM
Excellent retort, Been Nowhere! What a jag off.

DAVIE634
06-07-2007, 05:25 AM
To hopefully put an end to this topic:

The issue of flex/comp time is being addressed in the upcoming contract. It was brought up during our discussions that COMP time not flex (since it doesn't exist) should be used at OUR discretion only. The argument in the past has always been that it is not budgeted for therefore we were never allowed to use it. I had proposed two options.

Option 1. Comp time is accruable up until october of each year and must be used prior to December 31st or the time will be lost.

Option 2. Comp time is accruable and will be paid at the overtime rate of time and 1/2 if not used within 3 months of the accrued date.

This I feel is a win/win situation for the town. If an employee chooses to use comp time, the town will not have to pay the overtime. If the employee's comp time goes past 3 months the town would have paid the overtime anyway.

I hope this clears things up and to let you guys know that it IS being addresed by the union. If anyone has any suggestions please seek one of the board members out and discuss it.

tsd

06-07-2007, 03:10 PM
why try to find out the truth when i can post crap here about different cops in a secretive and pu**y way++

06-07-2007, 09:28 PM
TSD actually came to the table with some helpful & inportant information. Thank you Semper Fi....