PDA

View Full Version : PAYROLL

06-05-2007, 01:30 AM
OUT OF ALL THE TOPICS AND ALL THE THINGS THAT PEOPLE TALK ABOUT ON THIS FORUM, I'M SURPRISED THAT NOBODY HAS BROUGHT UP THE ISSUE OF OUR PIECE OF CRAP PAYROLL SYSTEM. THERE'S NO REASON THAT WE SHOULD CONSTANTLY HAVE TO BE FILLING OUT DISCREPENCIES IN ORDER TO GET THE MONEY THAT WE ALL WORK HARD FOR. THE BLAME GETS THROWN AROUND..."IT'S CITY HALL...IT'S THE NEW SYSTEM (MIND YOU, THAT SYSTEM IS OVER A YEAR OLD)", BLAH,BLAH, BLAH. I DON'T KNOW ABOUT THE REST OF YOU OUT THERE, BUT I THINK IT'S B.S. A MISTAKE ONCE IN A WHILE IS UNDERSTANDABLE, BUT EVERY PAYCHECK OR EVERY OTHER PAYCHECK...C'MON!!!

06-05-2007, 02:15 AM
I find it hysterical the our dear payroll person Ms. P gets paid overtime to enter overtime. If any of you are fortunate enough to work dayshift on the weekend, you will notice her familiar vehicle make several trips in and out of the station, while she's getting paid time and a half to enter our earned overtime that we expect in a timely manner.

How many of us have noticed the payroll door constantly closed or better yet with the "Audit in Progress DO NOT DISTURB" sign on the door. There is some good news on the horizon. New Captain RH is now in charge and I've heard he has already ruffled a few feathers in the payroll office.

And to those unfortunate souls who had to track down Ms. P while working A/B Memorial Weekend to sign out ask yourself this - Why couldn't she walk downstairs to the checkout desk and sign us out like we were ORDERED to do. I guess late night/early morning TV in her office was much more important than letting exhausted overworked officers go home on time.

06-05-2007, 03:02 AM
Her favorite gesture was talk to the hand when you went to talk to her face to face,she was too busy to hang up her cellphone.

06-05-2007, 08:45 AM
I have to agree with this thread 100%! I am sick and tired about being told about community service/customer service when we are never the recipient of said service inside the department. Whenever I have spoken to Ms.P I can never get a straight answer, and when I do get an answer its usually wrong. Something does need to be done abou the service that we get in our own department.

06-05-2007, 01:44 PM
I hope you guys are writing these same emails to your city manager via inner city email. Writing about it on will get nothing accomplished.

06-05-2007, 07:23 PM
Lets all offer our prayers for Freddie in PEU. His paycheck was for $22.00!
The blame has to rest at the top with RH. Maybe if he'd stop tooting with a rolled Andy Jackson we would all be good. Alas, we deserve what we get. Sorry for all of us.

06-05-2007, 09:33 PM
MAYBE THEY SHOULD PUT MS. P IN THE RECORDS DEPARTMENT. IT'S ALREADY MESSED UP IN THERE ANYWAY. SHE OBVIOUSLY DOESN'T DEAL WELL WITH NUMBERS. $22.00 PAYCHECK??? WHAT THE HELL IS UP WITH THAT? I GUESS FD FROM PROPERTY ISN'T ONE OF HER FAVORITES. I WOULD TELL FD TO FILL OUT A DISCREPENCY, BUT 2008 WILL COME AROUND BEFORE ANYTHING GETS DONE ABOUT IT.
I ALSO AGREE 100% WITH THE CUSTOMER SERVICE POSTING ABOVE. EVEN IF YOU WALK IN THERE WITH THE NICEST ATTITUDE, MS. P GIVES YOU THAT POOR, GOOD FOR NOTHING, MAKES YOU WANT TO BACK HAND HER, ATTITUDE LIKE YOU'VE DONE SOMETHING TO HER. GET OFF YOUR TRIP LADY!!!!! DON'T ACT LIKE YOUR S**T DON'T STINK!!!!! YOU'RE NO BETTER THAN ANY OF US!!!!! YOU NEED TO GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER!!!!! :x

06-06-2007, 01:55 PM
WE NEED TO STOP THE FOOLISHNESS LET'S JUST GO TO A REAL COMPANY THAT CAN HANDLE THE JOB. ADP OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT MUCH BETTER THEN THE JOKE WE HAVE.

06-06-2007, 09:44 PM
I don't think she's the most pleasant person on the 3rd fl. However, don't you think she is getting too much of the blame for a system that has been in disaray for the longest time.

06-06-2007, 10:00 PM
I had my share of problems with payroll.

MP was not the problem. She was always very helpful. We all have back up on the street. She has very little, if any back up. The system needs to be looked at.

06-07-2007, 12:57 PM
I will agree with you to a certain extent Carlos. Let's look at records for instance. . .they too have several problems, but when you go to records you are usually treated to a smile by Ms. Minnie and a sincere want to help. You go with a problem to payroll, you are usually treated to MP who makes you stand there like an idiot while she talks on her cell phone. When she finally decides to get off the phone, she treats you like you are annoying her. Customer service HAS to be extended to people in our own department, especially with an issue as sensitive as the money we take home to our families.

06-08-2007, 05:05 AM
I GUESS SHE MISSED THE CUSTOMER SERVICE CLASS WE ALL HAD TO TAKE LAST YEAR. SHE BETTER HOPE THE CITY MANAGER DOESN'T FIND OUT ABOUT THAT. LOL. I DON'T THINK IT WOULD MAKE A DIFFERENCE ANYWAY. SHE WOULD STILL HAVE THAT PISS POOR ATTITUDE. MAYBE SHE SHOULD GET A JOB AS A CALL TAKER SINCE SHE LIKES TALKING ON THE PHONE SO MUCH. HOW CAN SHE LEARN TO WORK THE SYSTEM IF SHE SPENDS ALL DAY TALKING S**T ON THE PHONE?
MAYBE SENDING HER TO RECORDS WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA. AT LEAST THERE'S A CHANCE THAT SOME OF MINNIE'S KINDNESS WOULD RUB OFF ON HER OR YOU CAN JUST STICK HER IN THE BACK OF PROPERTY TO RECEIVE DELIVERIES.

06-12-2007, 01:33 PM
THE SYSYEM IS ALL MESSED UP
THAT IS THE PROBLEM
WHAT HAPPENED TO THE CITY EMPLOYEE WHO SAID THE "EDEN" SYSTEM WOULD NOT WORK FOR FIRE AND POLICE.

HE GOT THE AXE FOR SAYING IT WOULD NOT WORK FOR FIRE AND POLICE

SO MY QUESTION IS WHOS FRIEND OWNS THAT PAYROLL SOFTWARE THAT GAVE A KICK BACK?

06-12-2007, 04:46 PM
Who was that city employee? That got 07'd for expressing his opinion....

06-19-2007, 11:13 PM
so...how u say???....feminine, no?

06-20-2007, 07:55 PM
:D Who cares as long as we are all getting a paycheck[/b]