PDA

View Full Version : radios

05-30-2007, 02:29 AM
what is the deal with our radios? why do i have teh ability to talk to osceola county but i can't talk to lakeland? i work sw. i don't get n the east side of the county much. i need to talk to lakeland mulberry and occaisonally,auburndale.

this new thing with countywide le 1-3 for our tac channels is a pain. the people with ert radios can't seem to find the channel. we should be able to access the municipal depts inisde polk county. everyone here knows the erlay times and loss of communication between our 1037's and theirs.

05-30-2007, 03:51 AM
SUCKS DONT IT

Yellowstone Bound
05-30-2007, 12:45 PM
This is being addressed. Hopefully we will go back to just sending units to TAC and having desk sgt patch that channel with the munincipal agency work channel. This has worked well in the past.

Several patrol supervisors have brought these issues up since the ill advised change was made.

05-30-2007, 08:11 PM
I think we should be able to contact City agencies faster then out of county agencies. I also think we should have agreements with surrounding counties that we have some jurisdictional overlapping boundaries. It is so hard to work in the Northeast area when most of my suspects live across the Lake County line in their apartment complex. A large majority of the burglars, thieves, and etc cross the county line and do short term rental burglaries etc. We need to communicate more with surrounding agencies. Instead of having meetings to have bigger meetings, we need to have meetings with surrounding agencies to see their suspects etc.

05-30-2007, 11:35 PM
what really kills me is that first off... we DID have LPD channels programmed into our radios but NOPE that went byebye WHY who the hell knows... it really WOULD be a great idea to have them again because we get tired of having to go thru comm ctr that has enough going on and them having to play middle man wastes valueable time during pursuits , perimeters, etc... BUT WAIT I THINK I REMEMBER WHY they took away the LPD channels...

every time that I would put on the LPD channel.... it sounded SO CRISP SO CLEAR no 1009 this 1009 that no static ... it was AMAZING, and I guess they took the channel away because they didnt want us to know HOW IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE.

But then they gave us car radios... WELL... great idea when we are in the car but I know that when im chasing someone on foot or am inside a residence and can't get on my radio... it dont really help me.. the little cord just dont stretch that far.

05-31-2007, 11:14 AM
I heard one of the reasons the LPD channels were taken out of our radios was because of a "urination outdistancing" contest between a former major and somebody at the county radio service, never mind it works better for deputies, but two administrators were trying to prove a point. Why does the PCSO helicopter have LPD channels but ground deputies do not, why does LPD get to use our channels but we don't get access to theirs? Oh wait, Mulberry PD (yes all 10 of them) have access to PCSO channels but we don't have access to their channels.

Deputies are told there is no room on the radios for city channels but we have 8 Local Government and Public Safety channels in the "B" bank that nobody has used in the 7 years since we've had the 800 mHz system.

The bosses say "just go to Countywide LE to talk to LPD". When you try and get LPD to go to any Countywide LE channel they say they don't have it when they actually do. If it's not on North Channel, South Channel, or their Car-to-Car channel they're lost. Not to mention their communication center is often-times like working with a circus troupe, not that any comm center is always easy to work with, but a lot of the miscommunication between agencies is due to attitudes among the dispatchers of the respective agencies.

Orange County S.O. and Orlando P.D. don't have this problem like we seem to have, they use "Metro" channels for their tac channels which is basically what Countywide LE channels are. It is an easy fix. Just relabel the channels to something easier and TRAIN the users on how to get to the channel. It isn't that difficult if you know how to use the radio.

By the way, Lakeland's radio system has dead spots too. No radio system is perfect. It is silly to assume the portable radios will work just right everytime in county that is the same size as Delaware. Does your cell phone have dead spots???? I'll bet my next paycheck it does and I'll bet you don't go to cingular.com, nextel.com, or whateveryphonesystem.com and compain about it do you?

05-31-2007, 09:06 PM
The Captian over Communications sent out a memo, dunno if I was supposed to read it or not, stated that this for radios would help law enforcement as a whole, but to re-program the radios to help us out wouldn't be cost effective. So she's not wanting to push the issue to the upper staff.

05-31-2007, 09:13 PM
Ok, crap, I wrote Captain wrong... my bad. I can spell I promise. Even without using spell check.. :lol:

06-01-2007, 02:22 AM
The Captian over Communications sent out a memo, dunno if I was supposed to read it or not, stated that this for radios would help law enforcement as a whole, but to re-program the radios to help us out wouldn't be cost effective. So she's not wanting to push the issue to the upper staff.

Lets translate it for those employees so they could understand the above paragraph.

the kaptin ovur communikashins sent outta memo, duno if i was posed to red it or no, states that this be for radios to help us out wudnt be so cost affectife. So she's Not want-into push the isshue to the upper staf.

MOD 147
06-17-2007, 02:44 PM
I'm sure you've all heard by now that the Captain (of communications) sent out another memo advising units do not have to go to the County-wide LE channels now. Units can go back to using regular tac channels and patching other agencies with it. It was too confusing for units from what I was told.