PDA

View Full Version : Human Resources

05-26-2007, 02:59 AM
I had heard today that the gentleman who they had hired to be the new, in-house human resources for our beloved PD, has quit. I had heard the reasons by way of rumor so I had to ask him myself.

I guess it's the one time the rumor-mill was true. Apparently Town Hall has struck again. I will try and break it down simply: He wished to bring our ability to select new officers into the 21st Century, abandoning antiquated practices that the Town of Davie utilizes (and apparently refuses to let go of). These are my words, not his. I am merely paraphrasing. I am told, by those that know, that his ideas would have streamlined the process so that we could hire the most talented officers more quickly, before they are hired right out from underneath us.

So once again, we lose another PROFESSIONAL EMPLOYEE, to another agency (or private company), because Town Hall refuses to FIRE certain department heads who have no business being in...well...this business.

Please, somebody help me here! For those of you that live in this "Town", and pay your taxes, why are you not angry? When are you going to demand that YOUR "Town" grow up and become a city?

What does it take to get you agitated enough to stand up and demand more?

I welcome your comments......

05-26-2007, 01:31 PM
i heard mark allen was being complained about. shocker

05-26-2007, 02:19 PM
Is the new Town Administrator aware of this?

05-26-2007, 10:19 PM
I didn't want to mention names. Any one of us that has dealt with this idiot from town hall in the past can completely understand why this is happening. I'd like to see our "Tax Paying" union members stand up and do something about it. Seriously, what is it going to take to get you guys involved in the city you live in? Are you that satisfied with how things are run? Hello?

05-27-2007, 04:28 AM
It seems that either no one knows ( ie. the Town Administrator) or that no one cares. Probably that no one cares.