PDA

View Full Version : Police Disabilty Retiree

05-25-2007, 04:21 AM
I'm retired from a non-Florida police department on a medical. The limitation is shift work. Perhaps, someone in this forum can assist me by telling me if this agency may still be able to employ me. Also, are there other medically retired police, whom have transferred into your agency,(post retirement). Any assistance would be appreciated.

05-25-2007, 05:18 PM
You might want to try Century Village Police Department.

05-29-2007, 07:11 PM
sorry we have shift work and as a junior guy on our department you would most likely end up working on one of those shifts

05-30-2007, 10:47 AM
Usually, you would start on afteroons or mids, but in our department there is always the exception. There is always an outside chance they can create a position just for you.

05-30-2007, 11:22 AM
That is indeed interesting. I want to start over again in new state. I need to know if the State Of Florida interposes any legal restrictions on my status as an out of state retiree,(disabled). My home state indicates that they have no restrictions after I cross the state line. It's a huge undertaking and I need the requisite information.

06-01-2007, 06:36 PM
I doubt they would hire you as a P.O. You can inquire about a civilian position. We recently had a Sgt. ousted bcause he was deemed not fit for duty.

06-01-2007, 06:43 PM
I see, I wonder why he was unfit. It can not hurt to ask!!

06-01-2007, 08:14 PM
I believe they had him do some agility stuff and didn't pass. If you didn't kn ow him, you would think he has Alzheimer’s, but thats just the way he is. Give it a try.

06-01-2007, 11:53 PM
I believe they had him do some agility stuff and didn't pass. If you didn't kn ow him, you would think he has Alzheimer’s, but thats just the way he is. Give it a try.

To the person who wants to come here:

Do yourself a favor and do not even attempt to come to this dept. In the end you will thank me forever. This dept has a large population of weasels that will spend all day and all night conspiring against you because of your disability.

They will go and complain against you and say you are a liability and that they don't want you to back them up.

This sgt that the brother or sister above has mentioned is a classic example of how evil these weasels are. The man has given most of his adult life to this dept and has been injured in the line of duty more than once. As an officer he had a clean record and as a sgt he would never hurt a roach. Even in bad health he would back up his officers instead of just sitting at the station. The question is why would anyone conspire against a person like that? The answer is that a weasel will take out his own mother if in the middle there is a promotion, a special assignment, even a desired transfer. Weasels don't think there is a God and don't know how close to hell they are. Weasels do not understand what brotherhood is.

Thank God the chief has been cool about this sgt's situation and he has not tried to push this person out of the dept.

You will decide what you want to do, but if you can you should confirm what I've just written here before making your move.

06-02-2007, 01:33 AM
Cisco, you are one straight up dude and I appreciate your real sense of honesty. The problems you described above have seemed to contaminate the entire police community. Well, god bless you all and I hope this guy described above does well and recovers.

06-05-2007, 05:00 PM
Cisco, although I disagree how the dept. handled the situation, and how those weasels you talk about blew the whistle on him. I do believe that ultimately it was the right choice to take him off the road. I thought there was an officer safety issue having him as a backup in a crucial situation. I thought they should have reassigned him to another position much like they did one of our dispatchers.

06-06-2007, 12:46 AM
Cisco, although I disagree how the dept. handled the situation, and how those weasels you talk about blew the whistle on him. I do believe that ultimately it was the right choice to take him off the road. I thought there was an officer safety issue having him as a backup in a crucial situation. I thought they should have reassigned him to another position much like they did one of our dispatchers.

Yes a reassignment should have been the answer. There's 1000 places you can hide your sick or injured officers, and all depts do it. I remember when MDPD HQ was where today the public defenders office is, and they assigned one of their officers to the front desk who was at least 150 lbs overweight, and had thick glasses on top of being in his late 50's. They kept him there until he retired. That's brotherhood.

In the end at least the chief has not made this issue his personal mission although many administrators had their knives ready to slice this sgts head off.

06-06-2007, 01:35 AM
This guy was offered the opportunity to work elsewhere in the Dept. He refused. he wants to be on the road. He would get himself or a fellow officer killed if allowed to go back. For Pete's sake, he fell off a chair in the property room. He has almost 28 years on. Enough already.

06-06-2007, 05:22 AM
[
quote="Getyourfactsstraight"]This guy was offered the opportunity to work elsewhere in the Dept. He refused.

Is that a fact? Maybe it was you who made the offer, and he refused your offer? Ah the days of Vito Corleone. "I'll make you an offer you can't refuse". I gotta tell you, you weasels are funny.

But I'll tell you what's a fact. The man has stated he's been offered nothing and as it is he is in limbo.

he wants to be on the road. He would get himself or a fellow officer killed if allowed to go back.

I don't think you're the type that cares much about this person or his fellow officers. Nah you're the type that enjoys the hell this person is going through and maybe, just maybe you're waiting for a sgts opening that could not even be for you but for one of your boys.

[quote:rahhjk24]For Pete's sake, he fell off a chair in the property room.

A legitimate work related accident that occurred while he was in good health as indicated in his yearly physicals over 20+ years. It was not until that accident that his health got bad. That is why this dept is not in any position to just get rid of this person. It's good that we have a level headed chief and board attorneys because otherwise with the loose cannon administrators we have here there is just no telling.

He has almost 28 years on. Enough already.

Maybe there is a reason he wants to stay. Have you been out there trying to get medical benefits on your own without an employer underwriting an HMO or a PPO? United would cost us about $500.00 every two weeks. Add the taxes and social security they take from your pension and you're left with chump change.

I think you need to get your facts straight before you write these indictments and editorials about one of our own. In this moment that man needs our support not your little weasel talk.[/quote:rahhjk24]

06-06-2007, 05:38 AM
Cisco, you are one straight up, hard core, tell it like it is, dude. Dude,
if all the officers in the nation had your realism, the police wold not have half the BS that they have. I appreciate a man that has the heart to stand up to and expose these types of fallacies. :roll: :roll:

06-07-2007, 03:25 AM
I'm sorry his health has gone south. He can't walk. He can't fire a gun. he can't stand on something without falling. What do you want from me? I'm sorry the guy can't be a cop anymore.

About the insurance...oh well. We all will have to pay someday right? I'd rather he fork up the $500 smacks and not cause an officer's death by not being able to back him up. Let him leave honorably. He is a good guy. A good guy who can't be a cop anymore. he won't be the first or the last.

Now go back to your office and hide Cisco. Oh wait! It's summer! It's mall time!

06-07-2007, 02:45 PM
The Grand Jury Report pays a dismal picture of your agency's chief and the conditions under which you must labor. Hopefully these events will lead to changes, positive changes!

Compliments to those who had the fortitude to do the right thing, even when confronted with retaliation. That's what COPS do!

06-07-2007, 10:07 PM
I'm sorry his health has gone south. He can't walk. He can't fire a gun. he can't stand on something without falling. What do you want from me? I'm sorry the guy can't be a cop anymore.

About the insurance...oh well. We all will have to pay someday right? I'd rather he fork up the $500 smacks and not cause an officer's death by not being able to back him up. Let him leave honorably. He is a good guy. A good guy who can't be a cop anymore. he won't be the first or the last.

Now go back to your office and hide Cisco. Oh wait! It's summer! It's mall time!

Once again it's time for wise man stuff. Let's see what King Shelomo would say about the garbage above:

As snow in summer and rain in harvest,
So honor is not fitting for a fool.
Like a flitting sparrow, like a flying swallow,
So a curse without cause shall not alight.
A whip for the horse,
A bridle for the donkey,
And a rod for the fool’s back.
Do not answer a fool according to his folly,
Lest you also be like him.
Answer a fool according to his folly,
Lest he be wise in his own eyes.

06-08-2007, 01:50 AM
Ok cisco.....I'll remember to enter you into this summer's talent show.....who would have known that we have a poet on our department.
As far as the officer in question....he does have 28 years on, and he'll retire on disability, he'll continue to have insurance through cobra for at least a couple of years, and I'm not close to retirement but I'm pretty sure the state has something for us when we retire as far as health insurance, if not then he'll face the same problem must of us will face when we get ready to go into the private sector

06-08-2007, 02:17 AM
I like the guy too but...... it's time to go. Now he needs to tell the heavy weight alky to go too. First we need to see if she'll show up to work. :lol:

06-08-2007, 03:34 AM
[quote=OSC]I like the guy too but......

So you like the guy? Well you should because he is one of us and he is presently going through bad times. You people always want this place to be a "real" police dept yet your behavior is that of common hoods fighting for the proceeds of a crime. I got a couple of bros from NYPD and we talk from time to time, and they just don't understant how is it that school board cops are so selfish and so much against police brotherhood.

And I'll tell you this---- Don't think for a second that you are excempt from becoming sick or seriously injured. I hope you never do, but if you do I also hope that your fellow officers don't take the attitude that you and others in this forum are taking today.

it's time to go. Now he needs to tell the heavy weight alky to go too. First we need to see if she'll show up to work. :lol:[/quote:1zgz7674]

I don't have much love for this lady but I do know she is sick, very sick and also has a child that is sick. Let's add to that, that she does not have a husband. Put to the side all BS and don't kick people while they are on the ground. One day you will face your creator.

06-08-2007, 04:21 PM
“The true hypocrite is the one who ceases to
perceive his deception, the one who lies with
sincerity.” ... Andre Gide

As I said before, the end is coming for a few of our upper Staff.

A Sailor, bound on a long voyage, took with him a Monkey to
amuse him while on shipboard. As he sailed off the coast of
Greece, a violent tempest arose in which the ship was wrecked
and he, his Monkey, and all the crew were obliged to swim for
their lives. A Dolphin saw the Monkey contending with the
waves, and supposing him to be a man (whom he is always
said to befriend), came and placed himself under him, to
convey him on his back in safety to the shore. When the
Dolphin arrived with his burden in sight of land not far from
Athens, he asked the Monkey if he were an Athenian. The
latter replied that he was, and that he was descended from
one of the most noble families in that city. The Dolphin
then inquired if he knew the Piraeus (the famous harbor
of Athens). Supposing that a man was meant, the Monkey
answered that he knew him very well and that he was an
intimate friend. The Dolphin, indignant at these falsehoods,
dipped the Monkey under the water and drowned him.

Moral:

Those who pretend to be what they are not, sooner or later,
find themselves in deep water.
Your lies will always find you out.Name the two.
Monkey: ?
Dolphin: ?

Be true, you know who you are. The Grand Jury report was very accurate, we need change of Leadership.

06-29-2007, 03:21 AM
Huh?