PDA

View Full Version : Deleted Thread

MOD 1
05-24-2007, 05:22 AM
My attention was brought to a thread on this board. The thread in question was started by a person, pretending to be someone that they were not. This is a clear violation of our Terms of Use.

Any violation of the Terms of Use can result in your IP address being banned and your ISP notified. Please, if you are not familiar with the Terms of Use, review them.

Thank you,

MOD 1

05-30-2007, 02:00 AM
you are referring to my thread, I can assure you that it is not anyone pretending to be me, it was me, I see that my post and the thread has been deleted. You are mistaken and the thread should have not been removed.

MOD 1
05-30-2007, 02:15 AM
you are referring to my thread, I can assure you that it is not anyone pretending to be me, it was me, I see that my post and the thread has been deleted. You are mistaken and the thread should have not been removed.

I don't think so. If you are the one who made the post I deleted please state who you are, since the issue I raised was pretending to be someone the poster was not. The title of the thread I deleted was "ELECTION 2008."

Mod 1

MOD 1
05-30-2007, 08:04 PM
The "Enough Already" post seems to have been deleted as well.

I didn't delete that post. It must have been Mod 169 or 362.

Mod 1

MOD 1
06-01-2007, 01:16 AM
I'm going to reply to your post in segments so that hopefully, I won't miss part.

You think "ELECTION 2008" was bad?

No, I don't think it was bad. It violated our Terms of Use when someone started the thread posting as if they were someone else. That is the only reason it was deleted.

Please, you must know one of guys we were talking about, because NEVER has a thread been deleted so fast. Not even the sladerous, outrageous, or harrassing. So please DO NOT insult our intelligence and pretend that post wasnt deleted so quickly just because it referred to IA personell.

Honestly, I don't know anyone at your department. Actually, I have deleted posts faster than this one. This one was started on 5/21 and was deleted on 5/24 after, Sysop emailed me a complaint about a post on this thread was made at the Contact Us link on the main web site.

I even emailed the person that complained about their name being used on the sight and told them that the post in question was not slanderous, libelous or even considered bashing. But because the very first post in the thread violated the Terms of Use the entire thread had to be deleted. The rest of the posts would not have made any sense if I had deleted only the original post.

You did nothing when they have called women whores, outed homosexuals, sexually harrassed men or women alike, defamed, slandered, or personally attacked individuals.
NO, I am not one that was written about, just one embarrassed to be associated with. If you are going to do your job then do it right. Dont bother responding that you delete whatever post you are notified in violation, becasue I know of several that you and the others were contacted about and did nothing to remove until the damage was already done. These horrible posts were left months and yet you still want us to believe this post (which contained a fraction of bad things, yet all true) wasnt deleted so quickly just because it spoke about I.A.

With over 300 Message Boards and close to that in moderators to over see, I don't have time to read every thread on everry board. I trust the moderators to do that. There are 2 exceptions to this:

1. When I receive a complaint.
2. Every time I log in, I check all new posts. I scan through looking for obvious spam, and any thread titles that indicate to me, that it would be ripe for violations.

In this case, The thread lasted over 2 days. In this time, I probably made the checks that I make 6-8 times. The title of this thread did not draw my attention as it appeared to be fairly innocent in and of itself.

If you think things should be deleted, please email me or one of your board moderators. I recently added a second moderator due to the high volume of posts on this board.

In the last week I have received 3 emails about this board. I have responded each time to the person that emailed me with what action has been take. I always reply to any email complaints that I receive. I always detail the action that i took, or explain why if I don't take any action.

Currently I am in need of a new moderator on this board as one of your moderators no longer has the time to spend on this board. I welcome you or anyone else to apply to be a moderator. I will be posting the information shortly.

If you have any questions or concerns feel free to email me.

MOD 1