PDA

View Full Version : DUI UNITS GOTTA LOVE THEM

05-23-2007, 08:46 PM
You get them a 10-15 and they stick you with an hour of waiting for the tow

05-23-2007, 08:53 PM
your kidding right.....how about you take the DUI 10-15 next time and go through the hours of dealing with a drunk idiot, the drunk idiots lawyer, and the idiots at the who make a bigger deal out of misdemeanor DUIs then some of the felony cases that are made.

Or you can push the button on your radio and find out is taking the tow truck that long....they are supposed to be there sooner then that to be on the rotation.

05-23-2007, 08:53 PM
What kind of post is this !! Please enough ripping other units and deputies a part! Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lets talk about something positive.........enough negative crap on this web!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

05-23-2007, 11:21 PM
You are out of the Bat in 90 minutes tops

they give you all you need there

The Court part of your answer well you are being compensated right.??

05-23-2007, 11:29 PM
I agree DUI should wait for there own Tow they could use that time to reflect And finish some of the PC and other forms and realize how to best return to the Patrol Brother ans sisterhood and my biceps are so big there is no room for the little patch they have. on my arm so I'll stay on Patrol

05-24-2007, 02:39 AM
The DUI unit is going to be a thing of the past soon with the forecomming budget cuts. You guys will actually have to work your own DUis. I am sure the amount of DUIs will go down drastically when that happens.

Also, for those of you who don't know, by policy and contract a tow truck must be with you in 40 minutes. If this is not so, ask Commo to get an ETA from the tow company. Then make a decision to allow the tow to continue or to cancel and request another. Just make sure the sergeant knows what, and why, you are doing it. Start writing memos on these tow companies who are not performing up to their contracts. Traffic does not know unless you tell them. Be safe.

05-24-2007, 06:40 PM
To anyone that has to wait for my TOW......I've always said Thankyou. From the time you do the 10-50 til I arrive...then I make a 10-15 ...then driving all the way to the BAT....and then having to sit for a twenty minute observation...then complete the breath test (20-25 minutes) then complete my paperwork (PC, Rough, Citiation(S), Prisoner property bag, and/or a refusal, plus any evidence) usually another 45 minutes.....then having to wait at CJ just for someone to take the handcuff's off and check over the paperwork like there would be something missing. I imagine waiting for a TOW truck isn't so bad. Plus if the 10-70 doesn't get there in a timely manner....CALL THEM. You're a COP, they want the business and if you call they will answer and let you know where they are. So again THANK YOU to everyone that assists me in doing my job, and if your one of the select few that doesn't want to wait for the TOW truck, then try taking the DUI and see how it feels to have the shoe on the other foot!

05-24-2007, 07:50 PM
Hey DUI Guy the 45 minutes you just described that can be the 45 minutes waiting for the Tow Patrol has serious issues to Contend with.

05-25-2007, 12:45 AM
The DUI Unit will be a thing of the past very soon. You whiners are going to have to do your own soon. No more calling for a DUI Unit. Wahhhhh, wahhhh

05-25-2007, 04:39 AM
Hey DUI Guy the 45 minutes you just described that can be the 45 minutes waiting for the Tow Patrol has serious issues to Contend with.

I guess you forgot the fact that I'm on a time frame to get the person to blow...there is a legal limit in the State of Florida.

05-25-2007, 11:44 AM
Instead of talking down to each other and name calling and all the other high school mess here, why don't we try to work together to get our job done. We catch enough **** from the dirt bags stop slinging it at each other. Make love not war...... :D

05-25-2007, 04:01 PM
Some DUI guy out there likes to arrest firemen. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.

05-25-2007, 05:12 PM
Some DUI guy out there likes to arrest firemen. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.

Well maybe the fireman needs not to drink and drive.

05-25-2007, 06:08 PM
That would do it! :roll:

05-27-2007, 04:52 PM
I know that the fireman shouldn't be drinkin and driving, but cmon now. You mean to tell me that in your entire life youve never done it at least once???? Say no and your a liar. If the guy gets into a crash, well then your hands are tied and do what you gotta do. But to pull a cop or a fireman over and give them a DUI or a ticket is crap. Its called discretion. Something all these freakin new people or **** out their lack. Throw the guy in the back of your car and take him home. In no way am I advocating DUI, but no one looks out for us and we need to look out for eachother. If you arrest a cop or fireman when you have the DISCRETION not to, you are a **** plain and simple.

05-27-2007, 06:45 PM
I know that the fireman shouldn't be drinkin and driving, but cmon now. You mean to tell me that in your entire life youve never done it at least once???? Say no and your a liar. If the guy gets into a crash, well then your hands are tied and do what you gotta do. But to pull a cop or a fireman over and give them a DUI or a ticket is crap. Its called discretion. Something all these freakin new people or **** out their lack. Throw the guy in the back of your car and take him home. In no way am I advocating DUI, but no one looks out for us and we need to look out for eachother. If you arrest a cop or fireman when you have the DISCRETION not to, you are a **** plain and simple.

I've never driven while being intoxicated. Cops and Fireman shouldn't either!!

05-27-2007, 07:36 PM
Capt S is that you? ;)

Tell how you blew your retirement for some drunk fireman and now work at Walmart. You need to get a clue of what your really doing.

15 year cop....never drove drunk.

05-30-2007, 10:27 AM
i didn't read ALL the posts, i got the jist that it's about tow's. yes i know u dui guys, or anyone, has to wait some time before a wrecker gets there sometimes. it sux, but the worst part is being asked "eta for my wrecker?" when ur busy on the radio, THAT sux. it's like we are sorry ur wrecker isn't there, but we ARE busy on the radio and can't just call them, cuz as soon as you ask everyone else tries to keep our attention so by the time we even CAN call they're like right around the corner. and even if we DID get a hold of them, what do we do? tell them to break the law and drive faster? and then if they get in an accident it's allll our fault. it's a system that is just bad and will probably never get fixed, sorry.

06-04-2007, 10:14 PM
I've helped dui units plenty of times with 10-70's Ive even taken sig-4 paper so that they could handle the dui investigation no big deal. It seems that the one's talking trash are the one's who 1) Can't do dui's, 2) is afraid of paper, 3) don't have a clue and wish they did.

Anyway, just remember your badge is not any different then ours, and really if you have a problem with a 10-70 then do the f****** dui arrest yourself including the 10-70.

PS...... Good luck in completing the entire process in 45 minutes. :wink: :wink: :wink:

06-05-2007, 12:05 AM
What kind of post is this Please enough ripping other units and deputies a part! Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lets talk about something positive.........enough negative crap on this web!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

06-05-2007, 12:10 AM
I've helped dui units plenty of times with 10-70's Ive even taken sig-4 paper so that they could handle the dui investigation no big deal. It seems that the one's talking trash are the one's who 1) Can't do dui's, 2) is afraid of paper, 3) don't have a clue and wish they did.

Anyway, just remember your badge is not any different then ours, and really if you have a problem with a 10-70 then do the dui arrest yourself including the 10-70.

PS...... Good luck in completing the entire process in 45 minutes. :wink: :wink: :wink:

06-05-2007, 01:03 AM
The DUI unit will be a thing of the past soon and all you will have to make your own DUI arrets. You won't be able to pawn them off anymore.

06-26-2007, 11:31 AM
So when the drunk hits someone that you love and care about and causes them injury, is it OK for us to go 10-8 LNG only and skip the DUI!!!!

06-26-2007, 05:07 PM
Amen to that brother! I'd gladly sit and wait for a 10-70 anyday or do the long form or whatever. I've done DUI's - they're a pain in the rear. And ya know what - it's not actually doing the DUI, it's all the stinking paperwork that comes with it. If a DUI unit comes to take it I'm not gonna fight him off!

06-26-2007, 10:14 PM
The next time you make a right turn to avoid that drunk because you don't feel like doing the paperwork or because there is no DUI unit available, just remember... 48 cops died last year in accidents, most were dui related.

BTW... one of our own lost his wife to a dui in the 1990s'. She was a beverage agent.

So shut the hell up and do your job or become a fireman.

06-27-2007, 05:41 AM
And unfortunately it was another law enforcement officer who killed her.