PDA

View Full Version : Say It Ain't So - BSO?

05-23-2007, 02:54 AM
Is it true that a backdoor deal is being made to place a BSO contract on the next city election as a savings to taxpayers. Perhaps a recent campaign promise. :evil: :twisted:

05-23-2007, 12:19 PM
nope...everytime a contracr comes up in any city, bso is tossed in there to scare the union. the cities have to use whatever ploy they can to minimize their costs. we all know that bso is a joke and when the midget is indicted veryyyyyyyyyyy soon we can finally kill the rumor.

05-23-2007, 03:48 PM
Hey idiot, go to your own message board and stop playing stupid on ours. We got our contract thanks to our Commisioners. Go do yourself a favor and do a little research so you don't sound so stupid. NO WE ARE NOT GOING TO BSO FOR THE LAST TIME!!!!!!

05-24-2007, 03:18 AM
It's Wishner who voted to talk to BSO about hiring a temporay chief for the police dept, which all the commissioners voted yes to. The question is why? Why would someone vote to have a BSO chief come to the city and run the police dept? Yes, Sunrise PD does have a good contract now, but something is not right with this chief thing. Why not just appoint an acting chief until they hire someone? Every police dept is trying to find ways to save money. This move by the city is not a surprise. By the way, the decision to go BSO is not the officer's decision, it's a vote the city commisioners make, of course after they change the charter, so citizens don't have to vote. Personally, I like working for sunrise pd. but you never know.

05-31-2007, 02:41 AM
It's Wishner who voted to talk to BSO about hiring a temporay chief for the police dept, which all the commissioners voted yes to. The question is why? Why would someone vote to have a BSO chief come to the city and run the police dept? Yes, Sunrise PD does have a good contract now, but something is not right with this chief thing. Why not just appoint an acting chief until they hire someone? Every police dept is trying to find ways to save money. This move by the city is not a surprise. By the way, the decision to go BSO is not the officer's decision, it's a vote the city commisioners make, of course after they change the charter, so citizens don't have to vote. Personally, I like working for sunrise pd. but you never know.

Hey you are all dopes. You can't see it for yourself, the city signed the contract but now see's :oops: a way out by going BSO and saving millions. Come Monday we will have a BSO Major running the show and yes we will be on the fast track to BSO whether we like it or not. Hold your comments until Monday, Possibly even Tuesday then you will see what I'm saying. We were sold out. :oops:

06-05-2007, 03:08 PM
http://www.sunrisefl.gov/documents/6-5-07_SpMtg.pdf

AGREEMENT – MOTION TO APPOINT JOHN E. BROOKS
THROUGH AGREEMENT WITH BROWARD SHERIFF’S OFFICE
AS POLICE CHIEF ON A TEMPORARY BASIS AND
AUTHORIZING THE CITY ATTORNEY TO PREPARE THE
RESOLUTION AND FINALIZE AN AGREEMENT WITH THE
BROWARD SHERIFF’S OFFICE FOR POLICE CHIEF
SERVICES ON A TEMPORARY BASIS.

06-05-2007, 04:03 PM
looks like they are going to borrow this guy from BSO until they find someone to stay.

06-06-2007, 12:37 PM
looks like they are going to borrow this guy from BSO until they find someone to stay.

I told you so, We were sold out. Next step BSO slides in . Still think this is alot of bull. Our contract means nothing if we go BSO. :roll:

06-06-2007, 02:41 PM
JESUS CHRIST... SHUT-UP ALREADY WITH THIS BSO STUFF. NO ONE CARES. WE GOT OUR CONTRACT AND THATS ALL THAT MATTERS. I DON'T EVEN CARE IF WE GET A CHIEF FROM WILTON MANNORS. WHO CARES! EVERYONE WHO WORKS IN THIS DEPARTMENT KNOWS THAT THE DEPARTMENT RUNS ITSELF.. WHETHER FOR THE GOOD OR THE BAD. JUST BECAUSE WE ARE GETTING A TEMP CHIEF FROM BSO DOESN'T MEAN WE ARE GOING TO WEAR GREEN. HEY? WE DRIVE FORD CROWN VIC'S, DOES THAT MEAN WE WORK FOR FORD? I UNDERSTAND YOUR CONCERN... BUT IN REALITY THINGS HERE IN SUNRISE ARE WHAT THEY ARE. EVEN YOUR LITTLE CUTE LITTLE POSTS ABOUT HOW WE ARE GOING TO BSO, CANT CHANGE THAT.....

06-06-2007, 04:20 PM
We all should care. Way to go guys, not exactly what I was looking for! Hang On, more on the way. A gift from BSO to Sunrise:

"BSO made Brooks available to offer an apology."
http://www.officer.com/article/article. ... eSection=1 (http://www.officer.com/article/article.jsp?id=32052&siteSection=1)

"Brooks joined BSO in June 2000, less than a month after quitting his job as a Miami police assistant chief after causing a stir for riding along with federal agents during the armed raid to seize Elián González."

http://badcopnews.com/police-training-v ... miami.html (http://badcopnews.com/police-training-video-shows-high-ranking-broward-florida-deputies-laughing-about-shooting-rubber-bullets-at-a-attorney-in-miami.html)

06-06-2007, 05:04 PM
I think his appointment is a good thing. Breathe some fresh air and ideas into the agency. Sunrise has and always had the potential to be one of the best agencies in S. Florida. Perhaps a true leader will bring out this potential. Of course the old guard may have concerns. I would expect more accountability in the future. IMO

06-06-2007, 07:09 PM
JESUS CHRIST... SHUT-UP ALREADY WITH THIS BSO STUFF. NO ONE CARES. WE GOT OUR CONTRACT AND THATS ALL THAT MATTERS. I DON'T EVEN CARE IF WE GET A CHIEF FROM WILTON MANNORS. WHO CARES! EVERYONE WHO WORKS IN THIS DEPARTMENT KNOWS THAT THE DEPARTMENT RUNS ITSELF.. WHETHER FOR THE GOOD OR THE BAD. JUST BECAUSE WE ARE GETTING A TEMP CHIEF FROM BSO DOESN'T MEAN WE ARE GOING TO WEAR GREEN. HEY? WE DRIVE FORD CROWN VIC'S, DOES THAT MEAN WE WORK FOR FORD? I UNDERSTAND YOUR CONCERN... BUT IN REALITY THINGS HERE IN SUNRISE ARE WHAT THEY ARE. EVEN YOUR LITTLE CUTE LITTLE POSTS ABOUT HOW WE ARE GOING TO BSO, CANT CHANGE THAT.....

Like I said your a dope if you put your head in the sand and think BSO will go away or think that our contract means anything if we go BSO :shock: :shock:

06-06-2007, 07:21 PM
bunch of LAZY IDIOTS

06-06-2007, 11:23 PM
Is there any truth to our contract being void if we go BSO?

06-07-2007, 02:44 AM

No department, no contract. Thats the only way they get out of our contract. Go BSO means Sunrise is disbanded which means no contract. It is the only way.

Sorry you may not like hearing that but it is the truth. :cry:

06-07-2007, 01:56 PM

No department, no contract. Thats the only way they get out of our contract. Go BSO means Sunrise is disbanded which means no contract. It is the only way.

so what if they sign us over to BSO and we lose our contract with the city. BSO cant just come in and say you are making too much money, we are going to go ahead and decrease your salary! Do you know the uproar that could cause? Just is NOT going to happen, sorry!

06-07-2007, 03:22 PM

so what if they sign us over to BSO and we lose our contract with the city. BSO cant just come in and say you are making too much money, we are going to go ahead and decrease your salary! Do you know the uproar that could cause? Just is NOT going to happen, sorry!

I have a friend in BSO and the way it works is that if our salary is higher then BSO's we will keep that until BSO catches up or gets more then us. So as long as we get our first paycheck we are in the good and we just waite for BSO to catch up to us. Sick time and Vacations go by BSO. even if we have better. There Lt's get no OT.

06-07-2007, 10:58 PM
Any officer with less than 8 yrs of service would have to start his pension all over . Its like you wasted u r time[/b]

06-08-2007, 03:40 AM
Any officer with less than 8 yrs of service would have to start his pension all over . Its like you wasted u r time[/b]

Do not know where you cited that from. But you are wrong. You cannot tell me that a 7year officer would have to do another 25 years to retire, thats BS.

06-08-2007, 01:16 PM

Do not know where you cited that from. But you are wrong. You cannot tell me that a 7year officer would have to do another 25 years to retire, thats BS.

You dont have to work an additional 25 your current time is added in , however if you have vested you can leave when you switch, you go to the current bso rate and the contract will not be honored ..also we will eventually disband any special ops, swat, and db units, keep the best and bring in our own for the rest ... we have enough ....in other words you will be BSO no different then if they hired you first leave while your still sunrise

06-08-2007, 07:46 PM
Umm, I don't know what your planet your on, but BSO is under staffed. BSO DOES NOT HAVE ENOUGH MANPOWER TO TAKE OVER OUR CITY. BSO would have to rely on the majority Sunrise Officers to be sworn in as Deputies. I don't know if you are painting a pretty picture of how good BSO is but TRUST me when I tell you that your organization has some serious manpower issues. However, you are right about if BSO comes in to our City (NEVER WILL HAPPEN) that they will clean the slate of our specailized units. The truth is that in my opinion, that over atleast 50% of our Sunrise officers would jump ship. When BSO takes the contract to provide police services for another City, that they rely heavily on the Cities personnel to stay and become deputies. Question, what would happen if the majority of the officers left? There would be an out cry of the seniors in our city with the lack of police service. I know you pride yourself as a BSO deputy and I truly respect that, but in reality, I don't see BSO coming to Sunrise anytime soon.

06-08-2007, 08:01 PM
Speaking from experience and being a high ranking official, BSO does not want to take over Sunrise. Currently, BSO has other priorities and can't waste time on a small depatment like Sunrise. Besides, if BSO ever took over Sunrise, the officers get to keep their current pension and benefits.

I think this subject is just wishful thinking on behave of some individuals who want BSO to take over, and the other half who are probably just lazy and scared to work. Chief Brooks will take care of thoses lazy officer's who are scared of a BSO taking over. Instead now you have a Brooks take over.

06-08-2007, 10:03 PM
Everybody in BSO's command will be trying to get new jobs asap before their boss gets the boot

Certain cities will never go BSO and Sunrise is one of them

06-09-2007, 11:27 AM
I would like to thank the city of Sunrise for taking Maj Brooks. I know that there are a lot of Deputies and Detectives at BSO who are out a lot of money for taking Maj Brooks out for lunch, dinner, and paying for his rounds of golf. Then they found out he does not have the pull to get them promoted.

To the guys at Sunrise, good luck to you all with this so called temporary chief. The way to keep on his good side is to ass kiss and play golf..

06-09-2007, 12:14 PM
once they take over, everyone above the road will have to choose to stay and eventually be demoted or be shipped out and the road guys will be stuck there unless you want to lose your senority and go elsewhere

06-09-2007, 02:20 PM
we arent going to BSO people. Get over it. It's just hype and rumors, the same thing we hear during EVERY SINGLE CONTRACT.

Apparently the commission does not feel as though we have any fit to cover the position of chief so they just asked BSO to temporarily fill the position. If our replacement applies and gets the position, more power to him and congratulations. Sure there will be change, but one change that is not going to happen is those bright white shirts and green striped pants.

Let's move on and look forward to the future.

06-10-2007, 06:49 PM
Umm, I don't know what your planet your on, but BSO is under staffed. BSO DOES NOT HAVE ENOUGH MANPOWER TO TAKE OVER OUR CITY. BSO would have to rely on the majority Sunrise Officers to be sworn in as Deputies. I don't know if you are painting a pretty picture of how good BSO is but TRUST me when I tell you that your organization has some serious manpower issues. However, you are right about if BSO comes in to our City (NEVER WILL HAPPEN) that they will clean the slate of our specailized units. The truth is that in my opinion, that over atleast 50% of our Sunrise officers would jump ship. When BSO takes the contract to provide police services for another City, that they rely heavily on the Cities personnel to stay and become deputies. Question, what would happen if the majority of the officers left? There would be an out cry of the seniors in our city with the lack of police service. I know you pride yourself as a BSO deputy and I truly respect that, but in reality, I don't see BSO coming to Sunrise anytime soon.

Lack of police services from seniors? Hell they complain about you as a PD now. I lived in Deerfield and since BSO took over the services are so much better as they would be in Sunrise. I can't say things would be great because the Sheriff is an idiot, but with the right man running BSO, they would be unstoppable. So the rest of you saying get over it it will never happen you might be right. However don't disrespect BSO and say they don't provide good services. Contract were great with prior Sheriffs. Now Jenne has ruined it, and services are somewhat below. With our resources services would blow any city out of the water when Jenne finally gets indicted.

06-11-2007, 02:55 AM
O.K., Let me be more clear. BSO is a power house when it comes to all of the toys you guys get and whether other agencies admitt it or not, other agencies know this. I would not nor will not disrespect another agency or officer. However, when I was refering to the lack of police sevice with the seniors, I was saying that there would not be enough officers to handle calls for police service because of the probability of Sunrise's officers seeking employment with other agencies.

I was merely refering to the lack of man power.

06-11-2007, 12:32 PM
O.K., Let me be more clear. BSO is a power house when it comes to all of the toys you guys get and whether other agencies admitt it or not, other agencies know this. I would not nor will not disrespect another agency or officer. However, when I was refering to the lack of police sevice with the seniors, I was saying that there would not be enough officers to handle calls for police service because of the probability of Sunrise's officers seeking employment with other agencies.

Oh I got ya. I appreciate the post, and I'm sorry if I was offended. It's sad that so many Sunrise officers would jump ship. BSO has the potential to be an amazing place and the budget to be the highest paid. Look at Palm Beach SO their contract is comparable to yours and they are also very big. Sunrise struggled for a while and now they are doing good. Maybe BSO's day will come. Take care and stay safe.

06-18-2007, 04:14 PM

Oh I got ya. I appreciate the post, and I'm sorry if I was offended. It's sad that so many Sunrise officers would jump ship. BSO has the potential to be an amazing place and the budget to be the highest paid. Look at Palm Beach SO their contract is comparable to yours and they are also very big. Sunrise struggled for a while and now they are doing good. Maybe BSO's day will come. Take care and stay safe.

1. PBSO cannot afford their contract any more
2. The take over is not a silly rumor like BSO taking over FLPD, the deal is already done (has been done) and the announcement will come as soon as the indictment is handed down, its all about timing :wink:

06-19-2007, 05:24 PM
BSO INSIDER,

SILLY RABBIT, TRICKS ARE FOR KIDS!

STAY SAFE...

REGARDS,

SUNRISE P.D.

06-19-2007, 06:29 PM
BSO INSIDER,

SILLY RABBIT, TRICKS ARE FOR KIDS!

STAY SAFE...

REGARDS,

SUNRISE P.D.

LOL! :lol: you too brother

06-20-2007, 03:08 AM

2. The take over is not a silly rumor like BSO taking over FLPD, the deal is already done (has been done) and the announcement will come as soon as the indictment is handed down, its all about timing :wink:

Get your facts straights. As a PBSO Deputy our Sheriff got the budget he needed and made sure the Contract will he honored. Please don't post BS lies and rumors. PBSO's contract is here to stay

06-22-2007, 07:49 PM

Get your facts straights. As a PBSO Deputy our Sheriff got the budget he needed and made sure the Contract will he honored. Please don't post BS lies and rumors. PBSO's contract is here to stay

It will be honored, but there will be many cut backs (personell/equiptment) as there will be in our agency, and my facts are straight.

06-22-2007, 10:31 PM

It will be honored, but there will be many cut backs (personell/equiptment) as there will be in our agency, and my facts are straight.

NO THERE WILL NOT BE ANY CUTBACKS!!!! I have been here for 27 years and know the Sheriff personally. The contract will be honored, and as of now he is only getting 15 million less than what he was asking for. The Sheriff over budgeted for a reason, he's not dumb. I will send you the E-mail from him and the union saying the pay and contract will be honored, if need be he will cut other programs to make sure his deputies get paid. We are one of the wealthiest counties in Florida and God strike me dead if I'm lying to you. Please stop posting BS about our agency on Sunrise's board. Please read the below link:
http://forums.leoaffairs.com/viewtopic.php?t=23222

Again PBSO Sheriff will honor his contract. I'm asking you honor our request and not post bogus information about our agency. If you have questions come to our board and speak to us. Also, give Sunrise the respect they deserve and stop using their board for this. I’m sorry to all the Sunrise Officers, I absolutely hate when false information is passed about ones agency. Stay safe.

06-27-2007, 04:47 PM
i cant wait to go to bso...finally we will be able to force out all the dead weight on the top here....i know it will be replaced with more dead weight but at least we can move up based on merit not on other things

06-29-2007, 02:15 AM
The take over may have started. I saw the Papa Unit flying over W. Oakland Pk. Blvd. and N. Pine Island Rd. this afternoon. I tried to hide my marked unit, but I think it saw me. I am still hiding. Someone let me know when it goes away. I'm scared.

07-01-2007, 12:23 AM
The take over may have started. I saw the Papa Unit flying over W. Oakland Pk. Blvd. and N. Pine Island Rd. this afternoon. I tried to hide my marked unit, but I think it saw me. I am still hiding. Someone let me know when it goes away. I'm scared.

Why do you think they put unit numbers on top of the cars? We have your unit number now and we can match it up with that negative BSO post you typed. We have a new donwlink system that goes straight to IA. Enjoy it while it lasts. You will be in District 11 (Pompano) three days after the "merger." That is unless you live in palm beach then you will be in District 1 (west park). Oh, you live in dade? Ok, you will be in Deerfield. We hold no grudges here, only promises. I speak from Pompano experience! lol - :)