PDA

View Full Version : Hiring Process

05-22-2007, 02:36 PM
Can someone please explain the hiring process. I applied using People First over a month ago and have yet to get an email telling me to continue.

I have a BA and 8yrs LEO experience with a large agency. Is there a better route than People First, such as a recruiter or speaking to a live person? Thanks and be safe.

05-22-2007, 07:53 PM
It takes a while give it a few weeks, what area are you in and willing to work in?

05-23-2007, 03:46 PM
Thanks for the reply. I would like to stay in the Tampa, St.Pete area, but I am willing to relocate.

Also, I see by reading some of your posts that raises don't come to often. I currently make more at my PD then the starting salary for FDLE. How often do you get shafted on the raises and do you get educational incentives?

07-29-2007, 11:43 PM
Patiently waiting you can call FDLE at (850) 410-7000 ask for Pat Body or Samantha Adams (not sure the last name is correct). They can answer a lot of your questions.

07-30-2007, 02:30 PM
That's BODIE and ANDREWS....

08-02-2007, 07:52 PM
I am currently a P.O. in the Miami area in the special agent application process and wondering, if hired, should I expect to be assigned to the Miami area? Does FDLE try to put Spanish or Creole speakers in the Miami office?

08-03-2007, 01:01 AM
Yes I would say do to the amount of opening in the Miami region that you would be assigned there.

08-09-2007, 10:00 PM
I looked at the requirements for the PAT test and I am not so sure I can pass the run. If one can not pass the run, does anyone know how many push-ups, sit-ups, and how high the vertical jump must be to compensate for not passing one portion. I have been told that it is an average, but do not know the numbers to make up for not qualifying on the run. I appreciate any input.

Thanks

FD_EMS_SO
08-13-2007, 12:20 AM
Life long civil servant with exp in Fire/EMS/PD since 1989 and will be completing my Masters in a few months looking for an Agent in the S Florida area as a mentor to assist in possible career with FDLE.