PDA

View Full Version : Davie

05-20-2007, 07:07 PM
The paper said today, that Davie leaders are going to look into saving $ and look into going BSO. What is up. any insight?

05-21-2007, 01:42 AM
The paper said today, that Davie leaders are going to look into saving $ and look into going BSO. What is up. any insight?

I think it will happen with a new Sheriff but I dont see KJ getting another city for BSO not after the whole powertrac scandal.

05-21-2007, 02:11 AM
Everything will be better under the next sheriff. What is this I hear that Lori Parrish and Kenneth Padowitz are interested in the job?

05-21-2007, 03:00 AM
Unlike some other cities Davie residents have to vote on it before any switch could be made. It's not up to the council members.

05-22-2007, 08:35 PM
it's contract time for davie pd, this is just something the council is going to use as a tactic when it comes to the contract, they do it everytime. it wasn't the whole council that proposed this it was brought up by a disgruntled council member, (S. S.). This is the same council member that some how got agricultural land rezoned so a builder could build million dollar homes on. by the way, she owns a home there and some how got that house for half of what they were selling for, sounds fishy to me. She hates Davie PD. Pine Island Ridge citizens, who when Davie took of it became part of her district, were going to vote her out. Then just before election time the council changed around districts. If you look at the map of the city PI Ridge got thrown in with D 1, which it is no where near. It would be nice for the grand jury that is looking at KJ to look at her.

Also, Pine Island Ridge doesn't like BSO. They were provided crappy service and god awful response time. So if it did come down to a vote PI Ridge would be able to kill the proposal itself, the community of PI Ridge itself turns out more voters then the rest of the town combined.

05-25-2007, 05:03 PM
it's contract time for davie pd, this is just something the council is going to use as a tactic when it comes to the contract, they do it everytime. it wasn't the whole council that proposed this it was brought up by a disgruntled council member, (S. S.). This is the same council member that some how got agricultural land rezoned so a builder could build million dollar homes on. by the way, she owns a home there and some how got that house for half of what they were selling for, sounds fishy to me. She hates Davie PD. Pine Island Ridge citizens, who when Davie took of it became part of her district, were going to vote her out. Then just before election time the council changed around districts. If you look at the map of the city PI Ridge got thrown in with D 1, which it is no where near. It would be nice for the grand jury that is looking at KJ to look at her.

Also, Pine Island Ridge doesn't like BSO. They were provided crappy service and god awful response time. So if it did come down to a vote PI Ridge would be able to kill the proposal itself, the community of PI Ridge itself turns out more voters then the rest of the town combined.

Ha ha. Mr. Brockman, you can't compare Pine Island Ridge now because it's incorporated. When BSO patrolled there it was unincorporated. There is a huge difference. Anyway, I'm not a police officer, but I'm a Deerfield Residence for over 30 years. I was here with Deerfield Beach Police and now BSO. I was a huge skeptic when BSO took over Deerfield thinking the same thing about response time. However Deerfield is a city contract and the other night my neighbors had a huge fight. All kidding aside BSO arrived in less than 2 mins with about 7 Deputies and a K-9. I was impressed, and might I add every Deputy was very professional and respectful. Thank you BSO for your hard work.

I don't think Davie will go any time soon because of the current Sheriff. I can't stand KJ and think he is the reason BSO has gone down hill. I cannot wait until the next election to vote this turd out. However, with the current tax crisis anything is possible. Cities are going to loose a lot of money and near 80 % of the cities budget goes to pay and afford police and fire. It it happens great, if not, oh well. You boys and girls stay safe and know there's always someone in District X that supports you and has your back!!

05-26-2007, 02:26 AM
nice, if your not a contract city and just an unincorporataed area you get less service because you dont pay. not a good justification

05-26-2007, 12:03 PM
nice, if your not a contract city and just an unincorporataed area you get less service because you dont pay. not a good justification

It's not a justification, FL Law says a city must have more LEO's per square mile than the unic area. Not to mention the unic area is so much larger than the city limits. So don't jump to conclusions!!

05-27-2007, 12:43 AM
as usual a town/city is using us as a ploy for $! we patrolled where we were and didnt worry about other possible mergers....we are a great agency led by poor bosses....keep up the work...the guys on the road are the true face of the job and do it well.n

08-21-2007, 12:55 AM
Well..... :?

08-21-2007, 01:09 AM
The Daniel Goldberg 4 Broward Sheriff website is now open at www.Goldberg4Sheriff.com (http://www.Goldberg4Sheriff.com). Danny G can be contacted directly at 505-947-4369.

Thank you for supporting the next Sheriff of Broward County, Daniel D. Goldberg.

08-21-2007, 01:11 AM
The Daniel Goldberg 4 Broward Sheriff website is now open at www.Goldberg4Sheriff.com (http://www.Goldberg4Sheriff.com). Danny G can be contacted directly at 505-947-4369.

Thank you for supporting the next Sheriff of Broward County, Daniel D. Goldberg.

08-21-2007, 02:51 AM
Unlike some other cities Davie residents have to vote on it before any switch could be made. It's not up to the council members.

That is unless they change the charter, which is under review. This could give the power to council to make the decision.

08-21-2007, 03:04 AM
And when the city council tells the residents of the city that they can save tax money by switching to BSO then how do you think that vote will go.

08-24-2007, 05:14 PM
The best thing that could happen for the residents and the PD is to go Grn/wht. The PD is a mess and the city could careless about the PD. Middle Mng is not ready to step (only one is ready JM) and lead the PD, but TH will not let this happen, they want to bring and outsider in. Lets GO BSO...............Please :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

08-24-2007, 09:32 PM

There is no such site!!!!

05-03-2008, 01:34 AM
Goldberg has been seen running around town politicing for sheriff. I don't understand as he has not filed for the position.