PDA

View Full Version : Gang Unit

05-20-2007, 06:54 PM
Looks like the Gang Unit's gonna be drawing from the road a little longer.

Shooting ends life on 18th birthday

Masked man fired shot, fled

By Maria Herrera
South Florida Sun-Sentinel
Posted May 20 2007

Riviera Beach · Tarsha Weston rocked gently back and forth, staring at a patch of dirt near her front porch where the night before her son was shot dead on his birthday.

Quenton Everhardt, who turned 18 on Friday, died from a single shot to the head after a masked man approached him from the rear of his home and fired at him at close range.

LocalLinks

The 38-year-old mother of three was inside her home in the 1200 block of West 23rd Street when she heard the gunshot come from the front of the house about 10 p.m. Friday.

"He was sitting right here with his younger brother," Weston said, pointing at the patio chair where she sat Saturday and greeted family and friends offering condolences. "He was getting ready to have a little party."

Weston said her son's friends told her he was about to get up from the chair when the shooter approached and shot him. The suspect fled the area on foot through the rear of the house. Riviera Beach police and sheriff's deputies from Operation Gang Busters searched the area for the suspect, but were unable to locate him, said sheriff's spokesman Sgt. Pete Palenzuela.

"I want to know what type of person takes somebody's life just like that," Weston said.

Everhardt's friends and family said the teen was not involved in drugs or gangs. The motive was unclear, police said.

"A lot of it is still speculation, but looking at it, it's pretty apparent that [the shooter] knew he was there if he was the intended target," said county Violent Crimes Task Force Lt. Michael Wallace.

Everhardt was shot in the leg less then a year ago, but it is unclear why, Riviera Beach police said. It is also unclear whether the fatal shooting was gang-related, Wallace said.

About 7 p.m. Saturday there appeared to be a retaliation drive-by shooting, police said. Two men were shot at 34 the Street and Avenue F. Both men were sent to St. Mary's Medical Center, one with minor injuries and the other critically wounded, Riviera Beach police said.

Everhardt's sister Sanacia Weston, 13, said her brother was attending a Life Skills alternative school and was looking for a job.

"He was a typical teenager," his sister said.

"He was just a happy person," added his friend Corey Webster, who was at the site of the shooting earlier Friday evening but left before Everhardt was shot. "He was friendly."

Weston said she donated Everhardt's organs and has not yet arranged for memorial services.

"He told me yesterday, `Mom, how does it feel to have an adult child?'" a calm but shocked Weston said. "He was a typical teen, but very respectful of life."

05-21-2007, 02:20 AM
The Gang Unit and the Violent Crimes Task Force are here to stay. Crime is continuing to escalate in this county with no sign of ending anytime soon. The Sheriff needs to let our corrupt county commissioners know they have to come up with the money to fund these initiatives.

05-21-2007, 02:58 AM
I believe the Sheriff told the commissioners about the budget allready. I wonder how that's going so far?

08-09-2009, 06:12 PM
the gang unit

08-09-2009, 09:08 PM
The Sheriff needs to look within his current budget and move the money where it is needed. He is not skilled enough and certainly is not willing to do the job that needs to be done. Sold his soul to the devil. There is more than enough money already flowing into PBSO to police this County.......just needs an administrator.

08-10-2009, 12:41 AM
The Gang Unit and the Violent Crimes Task Force are here to stay. Crime is continuing to escalate in this county with no sign of ending anytime soon. The Sheriff needs to let our corrupt county commissioners know they have to come up with the money to fund these initiatives.
Corrupt commissioners , man are you blind , it is not just them , how about cutting the fat , and I mean fat from that upper staff , just by getting rid of three of these useless salery drainers would pay for more road people , oh and a big FOG removal would pay for a whole unit !

Texas
08-10-2009, 09:35 PM
The Sheriff needs to look within his current budget and move the money where it is needed. He is not skilled enough and certainly is not willing to do the job that needs to be done. Sold his soul to the devil. There is more than enough money already flowing into PBSO to police this County.......just needs an administrator.
Any spedific ideas? BS walks...

08-11-2009, 02:05 PM
Any spedific ideas? BS walks...
Yea, BS walks , but the way it is now , BS is walking , talking , and getting paid big bucks for it . The largest amount of BS comes from the FOG.As far as the head man selling his sole to the devil , heck everybody already knows that , and hes lost control

08-12-2009, 12:11 AM
Let' s actually take action and do something about it this time.....move him on out. I don't know of anyone who would not believe we would be so much better as an Agency........fairness, integrity, honesty could actually become meaningful. Of course, there are those who will jump on here and whine huge because without FOG they would be under a rock but the huge majority of us know this character and realize he needs to go. How about a petition or some media phone calls?

08-14-2009, 03:59 AM
Lt. Mike Wallace and Sgt. McGuire are cops cops. The unit would really be in shambles if they were not in place there. Stop with the Bulls#it. Those guys are some of the hardest working men I know. I only wish I could work for them but my time will come and when it does I will give it all I have to do the Job required.

08-14-2009, 05:46 AM
Gang Unit. You mean the SHeriff's Office has a gang unit. I thought we didn't have gangs in PBC according to our county commissioners. Never see'um or hear about any major case success they accomplish, so I reckon we don't have a gang problem. ANd don't mention the Top 6 investigation cause NO PBSO agents had anything to do with it until A & E showed up to film - after the fact. It was a LW PD & BB PD caper. ANd that ladies is a freakin' stinkin' fact-a-mundo!

Oh, I'm still looking for the Sheriff's Gang Unit - Doeeeeeeeeeee! as Homer says

08-14-2009, 05:46 AM
Gang Unit. You mean the SHeriff's Office has a gang unit. I thought we didn't have gangs in PBC according to our county commissioners. Never see'um or hear about any major case success they accomplish, so I reckon we don't have a gang problem. ANd don't mention the Top 6 investigation cause NO PBSO agents had anything to do with it until A & E showed up to film - after the fact. It was a LW PD & BB PD caper. ANd that ladies is a freakin' stinkin' fact-a-mundo!

Oh, I'm still looking for the Sheriff's Gang Unit - Doeeeeeeeeeee! as Homer says

08-14-2009, 03:14 PM
I thought the Jam unit was the gang unit, is this true or not? I hear these guys on the radio all the time handling gang members. I know they work in Lake Worth and Riviera Beach. So question is are they gang or a separate unit. Just wondering.

Thanks

08-15-2009, 02:01 AM
hmmm

08-16-2009, 08:26 AM
JAM IS A SEPERATE UNIT JUST SO HAPPENS THEY HAVE A LOT OF 10-62 CLIENTS.

08-17-2009, 01:41 AM

thanks for the info

08-17-2009, 09:59 PM

This is true. JAM=Juvenile Arrest and Monitoring. They work with DJJ closely (who, as I found out, actually has LEO's that monitor juveniles on probation) and of course
many of the Juveniles they Arrest and Monitor are gang-bangers.

08-18-2009, 01:50 AM
So let me see if I get this right we have two units watching out for gang members? Why not combine the two units to be more effective in collecting gang intel. Also are both units in VCD?

08-19-2009, 01:03 AM
does anyone know the answer

08-19-2009, 01:49 AM
Why doesnt DJJ do their job or get fired?

Amazing....

08-19-2009, 08:22 PM
The answer is slow in coming it appears. You guess just maybe 100 and the FOG actually don't even know they have two 'units' performing overlapping and wasteful tasks? LOL LOL If they looked anywhere in the PBSO they could find similar wastes of personnel and other resources but since they are inept, they will only cry for more money, more money and throw their hands up. Probably had to create a do-nothing unit to promote somebody they owed. Sound familiar....just look around.

08-21-2009, 06:04 AM
So let me see if I get this right we have two units watching out for gang members? Why not combine the two units to be more effective in collecting gang intel. Also are both units in VCD?
jUST TO CLARIFY, YES BOTH JAM AND THE GANG UNIT ARE IN VCD AND YES THEY ARE STARTING TO WORK MORE CLOSELY TOGETHER BUT THE GU IS FOCUSING ON INVESTIGATIONS AND JAM IS ARRESTING SIG 37 GANG MEMBERS FOR VOP. THERE IS A NEED FOR BOTH UNITS..HOPE THIS PROVIDES SOME CLARIFICATION.

08-21-2009, 10:55 AM
Responding to: "Who has the answer" I have been trying to understand your anger at 100 and the FOG, along with your continous attacks on everything that is occuring at the PBSO. The JAM unit was formed based on studies of what is occuring in other areas of the State and Nation. It was originally assigned to Community Operations, but was determined it might be better combined with the teams that work in VCD, including the Gang Unit.
It's sad that you continously misrepresent what is occuring at the agency, bash everything that is done and have such a negative attitude toward every aspect. Possibly you didn't study, work hard enough or deserve it and now you blame them and the agency. Counseling and long term therapy is a wonderful thing, occasionally is requires medication to assist and help get you back on track, but please whatever, stop the negativeness. It won't help you and will just continue to cause long term emotional distress that could lead to physiological damage.

08-21-2009, 12:21 PM
Responding to: "Who has the answer" I have been trying to understand your anger at 100 and the FOG, along with your continous attacks on everything that is occuring at the PBSO. The JAM unit was formed based on studies of what is occuring in other areas of the State and Nation. It was originally assigned to Community Operations, but was determined it might be better combined with the teams that work in VCD, including the Gang Unit.
It's sad that you continously misrepresent what is occuring at the agency, bash everything that is done and have such a negative attitude toward every aspect. Possibly you didn't study, work hard enough or deserve it and now you blame them and the agency. Counseling and long term therapy is a wonderful thing, occasionally is requires medication to assist and help get you back on track, but please whatever, stop the negativeness. It won't help you and will just continue to cause long term emotional distress that could lead to physiological damage.

My dear confused friend: I have researched ur topic (who has the answer) and no where on this thread do I see any negative comments reference the Sheriff or the Col. What I do see and have read is a question reference combining the Jam U with gang U. No anger written or stated on this thread.

08-22-2009, 01:41 PM
now let us not lose our focus on the wide-spread large (no pun intended) problems causing so many questions and concerns on this forum, mr g or FOG as he is affectonately known, and his underling, mr b or (100) move em on out and away we go actually lookin and actin like a real police agency. yes, this still on topic with gang unit because this particular post is just one of most of them that is messed up by this dynamic duo.

08-28-2009, 08:41 PM
anyone know if Jam has openings?

08-28-2009, 08:52 PM
More overtime for Riviera detectives to burn? "Paddy Galligan" will be happy........................He can call out "big overtime" Schneider too...........

08-30-2009, 07:36 AM
No openings anytime soon

09-07-2009, 02:46 AM
We have a gang unit? Next you're going to tell me we have CP units too!

12-22-2009, 10:04 PM
We have a gang unit? Next you're going to tell me we have CP units too!

I liked the article in the Post this week about our gang unit making arrests. Well it's about time, but none of the goofs in the paper would know a gang member if they were kicked in the ass by one, especially Wallace and this goof State Attorney. The sheriff should send those boys back in Riviera Beach of course they haven't tried anything there since Janet Jackson got robbed filming HBO special with Capt. Jack Max. For you rooks not talking about Janet Jackson with her tit hangin' out in the super bowl but the worthless one that use to work Tac. They best stick to the gang problem in Wellington and Boca LOL!

12-22-2009, 10:33 PM

does not the JAM unit and Gang unit pretty much do the same job?? Just wondering why their not working together?