PDA

View Full Version : area

05-19-2007, 05:48 PM
I was wondering if anyone could tell me if the 1200 block of North Washington Bo is considered a bad area?? I didnt see a SPD link on here so I wondering if anyone might have any ideal??

Thanks

05-19-2007, 06:20 PM
yes

05-19-2007, 06:37 PM
The 1200 block of North Washington BL (http://www.google.com/maps?q=1200+N+Washington+Blvd,+Sarasota,+FL+34236, +USA&sa=X&oi=map&ct=image) in Sarasota is a business district during the daytime and a cesspool at night. It is just south of Newtown, which is a high crime area that is known for drug use and drug sales on just about any street corner. Hookers tend to walk up and down Washington and the drug dealers peddle their drugs up and down MLK (aka 27th skreet). While in an unmarked car, I've seen drug deals "going down" right in front of me in the street. The dealer looked left and then right and then when he thought that no cop cars were around, he walked up to the passenger window and conducted his "business transaction" for crack cocaine. He saw me and my car, but he thought I was just an ordinary citizen. Anyways, why do you want to know about north Washington???

05-19-2007, 07:14 PM
My wife just got offered a job at the Ihop right there and I was unsure it it would be safe for her??? Has there been any s41 to any of the businesses there???

I thank you for you information

05-19-2007, 07:28 PM
My wife just got offered a job at the Ihop right there and I was unsure it it would be safe for her??? Has there been any s41 to any of the businesses there???

05-19-2007, 07:37 PM

Try SPD front desk at 954-7025 during normal business hours. You might get lucky and get right through. Or call dispatch at 316-1201 and ask for SPD Crime Analysis phone number. They can give you the facts. IMO, your wife could probably work in a less-stressful part of town. Good luck.

05-20-2007, 02:49 AM

I thank you for you information You portray yourself on this thread as a citizen first and then you mention s41. So now your leading us to believe your an leo. If your from around this area you know what goes on up there. Why would you let your wife work there in the first place. Go blow smoke somewhere else.

05-20-2007, 03:29 AM
I was a leo about 5 years ago from Bradenton so I am still familar witht he signals and t-codes.... I am not sure about this area...she was offered the position as the store manager, and we were just wondering about the area. I am not sure why/how I offended you but rest assured that it was no intentinal.

Former BPD Leo

05-20-2007, 03:32 AM
I just read the post and I am sorry for the spelling errors, and also I didn't see in any of my posts how I stated or mislead anyone to believe that I was a citizen??? Even though I am?????

Thanks

05-20-2007, 12:54 PM
That area your asking about is the armpit of Sarasota, starting at about Fruitville all the way up North till about University..... To bad as there are a few decent citizens but they are out numbered by the scum!!!! :evil:

05-20-2007, 01:35 PM
IMO she'll be okay if she accept the position as store manager. I-Hop isn't a place where the dirtbags hang out. She'll be okay.

05-21-2007, 02:33 AM
Thanks to all of you for your imput I think she is going to accept the job, I just hope a few of you guys will drop in from time to time.

Former Bpd leo

05-21-2007, 09:07 AM
your wife will be very safe there. nothing ever happened on that corner. i eat there frequently as i work in this area. good luck with the new job.