PDA

View Full Version : New specialty squad

05-18-2007, 12:24 AM
Another one on light duty. Word is it's a new sqaud:

LDRT Light Duty Response Team

(Mantra: We go on light duty at the most convienent time for US.)

05-18-2007, 03:10 PM
After DT trainingg next month, that will probably be a fat squad.

05-18-2007, 10:01 PM
Another one on light duty. Word is it's a new sqaud:

LDRT Light Duty Response Team

(Mantra: We go on light duty at the most convienent time for US.)

Why are you busting they're chops? They all have legitemate injuries. As far as light duty goes, what did you do today? Unlock a few doors? Remove a few trash cans from propped doors, or take a bike theft report?

05-18-2007, 11:09 PM
Cops are humans, not robots, and thank God we have good medical insurance. I know someone that recently got promoted, and they were on a light duty leave for the most part of the year prior to their promotion, and they are just as big as a company man as you, if not more. You should hope for good health and welfare.

05-19-2007, 11:10 AM
They are going out when the Campus is slow, would you rather they held out until August.

This place is filled with the biggest bunch of cry baby losers. Grow up and buy yourself a big box of kleenex.

05-19-2007, 09:45 PM
Why are you busting they're chops? They all have legitemate injuries. As far as light duty goes, what did you do today? Unlock a few doors? Remove a few trash cans from propped doors, or take a bike theft report?

I smell a suit!! What did you do today? Shuffle the paper from one side of your desk to the other and then tell everyone that you had a busy day?

05-20-2007, 04:11 PM
You know, all the whining crap on these forums gets old. I?m glad to see that occasionally there are some people that speak sensibly. Thank you. If we had a department that was fully staffed loosing a few to light duty wouldn?t be that big a deal but as it?s been for the past 15 years we are not even close to fully staffed. Not that I have been much help to patrol lately. I will let you know that I too will be going out on either no duty or light duty as I will be undergoing surgery to repair a ruptured bicep tendon. This injury was not work related it was stupid related but either way I am not looking forward to it. I want to keep working. I don?t want to loose time and overtime (Sun Dome) but injuries do happen and they need time to heal. I am learning this the hard way. The LDRT comment was funny though. I?m thankful that our department allows those with injuries to be reassigned to a light-duty post. Most on light duty still deal with job tasks that if not done by the LDRT would have to be done by someone else. For those with injuries I wish them a speedy recovery. For those still trudging through the daily stuff and taking up the slack because of the manpower shortage, thanks.

05-21-2007, 09:22 PM
Slow!??? LOL When is it not????

They are going out when the Campus is slow, would you rather they held out until August.

This place is filled with the biggest bunch of cry baby losers. Grow up and buy yourself a big box of kleenex.

05-22-2007, 07:07 PM
You know, all the whining crap on these forums gets old. I?m glad to see that occasionally there are some people that speak sensibly. Thank you. If we had a department that was fully staffed loosing a few to light duty wouldn?t be that big a deal but as it?s been for the past 15 years we are not even close to fully staffed. Not that I have been much help to patrol lately. I will let you know that I too will be going out on either no duty or light duty as I will be undergoing surgery to repair a ruptured bicep tendon. This injury was not work related it was stupid related but either way I am not looking forward to it. I want to keep working. I don?t want to loose time and overtime (Sun Dome) but injuries do happen and they need time to heal. I am learning this the hard way. The LDRT comment was funny though. I?m thankful that our department allows those with injuries to be reassigned to a light-duty post. Most on light duty still deal with job tasks that if not done by the LDRT would have to be done by someone else. For those with injuries I
wish them a speedy recovery. For those still trudging through the daily stuff and taking up the slack because of the manpower shortage, thanks.

The original post was not directed towards you Sgt. It was for the other ones who never did any work when they were on full duty.

05-23-2007, 06:31 PM
Can't we all just get along!

05-24-2007, 04:46 PM
The morale in that dept was always so low, thats what i did not like about it at all, people were always complaining about something or another and not even thankful they had a job and benefits in the first place, it was getting really old. Thank God i'm out. .who needs that crap.

05-24-2007, 05:11 PM
The negative postings you see on this site are not representative of the department as a whole. The majority of the negative postings that your seeing are coming from the same "few" disgruntled employees who simply need to leave, instead of trying to bring everyone down to their level of resentment. Most of our officer's will tell you its a pretty good place to work.

05-25-2007, 01:50 AM
"A few disgrunteled emplyees" One goes out on light duty for extended periods and gets promoted a few ranks. Another goes out for extended periods, and gets a very selected award for "University Employee of the Year". Yet comments are made about the current people going on light duty needing surgery. Is jealousy in some way rearing it's ugly head to the recent light duty personnel? Yes, I say.

Here it's a dog eat dog work environment, and sadly enough, even those that are advancing, still find it neccessary to thrust the dagger. What it boils down to is a popularity contest.... in a supposed, professional work environment....Not! This type of work environment is fostered and starts from the top down.

05-25-2007, 04:18 PM
No jealousy here. Sometimes awards, honors and even promotions are given to those who may not deserve them. Lifes too short to sweat the small stuff.

06-11-2007, 01:40 AM
People make post like this, but what they don't realise, is that good health is fragile. People are suseptible to diseases, virues, and inujuries. A lot of people don't really care until it happens to them, or someone near to them.

Thank God! as a member of the law enforcement community we have good health insurance. You never know when you will be the one to join the light duty squad, or the forced to retire for bad health squad.

06-11-2007, 02:55 AM
After DT training next month, that will probably be a fat squad.

Yep......Someone should take it down a notch.

06-11-2007, 03:40 AM
As fast as people leave around here we should take care of the ones' we have with us. People get injured...people get old. That is a way of life. We need to start taking care of ourselves and quit *****ing about others, or worrying about other people's business.

06-11-2007, 06:27 PM
As fast as people leave around here we should take care of the ones' we have with us. People get injured...people get old. That is a way of life. We need to start taking care of ourselves and quit *****ing about others, or worrying about other people's business.

Your absolutely right. Unfortunately in a small department like ours, your personal business becomes everyone's business as soon as one person finds out. Best policy is not to talk to anyone.