PDA

View Full Version : Dunklee for sheriff is a JOKE

05-17-2007, 08:34 PM
I had to start a new thread after reading a posting about a new sheriff. The person wrote the following;

>>>Just remember that when Bill Balkwill leaves office, things could get worse!!!! That's something that people don't consider. I am going to support Larry Dunklee for the following reasons:
He is a just, fair and honest man.

He thinks things through. He's a thinking man and he's not going to make any rash decisions.

He will be a good transition figure. If anybody else comes in (besides Larry Dunklee), then expect hatchet jobs throughout the agency.

He cares about people and he cares about you. If you don't believe it, then ask him!

He has command staff experience.

He's a graduate of the FBI National Academy!

He's fair. Yep, I repeated that, but it's worth noting.

He will successfully lead the agency into the 21st Century.

He's "down to earth" and is low-key about things. He doesn't have a temper and doesn't "go off."

He's responsible.

He's connected to the community and he has the respect of the community. Can you spell grassroots? <<<

This has to be a complete JOKE. Does Dunklee or his supporters think that all the cra$ he has pulled around here is forgotten? Does he really think that some of us oldtimers really forgot how his drinking and domestic violence, not to mention his sexual harrassment charges here (which were sustained) are forgotten.

I know Balkwill has removed those items from your file as the news will soon learn, but sooooo many people know and remember the truth. You say he's RESPONSIBLE? That is too funny. What about the girl he is or was dating (Candy)? Lets look into her past? I won't go further, but it will come out in the campaign.

Command staff experience? He was a Sgt. when Balkwill got elected and promted him 4 times in 4 years. Not bad, but how dare anyone call that COMMAND STAFF EXPERIENCE.

FAIR?? OMG, give me a break. He's fair if he likes you, if he doesn't he's as bad as Lewis or Gooding were with their SWAT boys. Geeze, I cannot think of a further from the truth statement and the voters will see right through this womanizing drunkard. This is factual and part of his IA file, although I heard it was recently removed by the sheriff.

A complete records request was recently made of this and more, so soon many more people will know the truth.

05-17-2007, 09:00 PM
WELL STATED. HE'S BEEN OK WITH ME, BUT NO WAY CAN HE SURVIVE A CAMPAIGN. I FOR ONE ALSO REMEMBER THE PAST DOMESTIC SITUATION AND A BROKEN JAW ON ONE PERTICULAR EVENING. I ALSO KNOW SOME OF THE FEMALES VICTIMIZED BY HIM ARE STILL HERE AND VERY WILLING TO TALK.

SORRY DUNK, AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN.

05-17-2007, 11:14 PM
Who are some of the females he victimized who are willing to talk? He's harassing me but I don't have any proof. He claims no one would believe me over him.

05-18-2007, 12:23 AM
This has to be a complete JOKE. Does Dunklee or his supporters think that all the cra$ he has pulled around here is forgotten? Does he really think that some of us oldtimers really forgot how his drinking and domestic violence, not to mention his sexual harrassment charges here (which were sustained) are forgotten.

I know Balkwill has removed those items from your file as the news will soon learn, but sooooo many people know and remember the truth. You say he's RESPONSIBLE? That is too funny. What about the girl he is or was dating (Candy)? Lets look into her past? I won't go further, but it will come out in the campaign.
Let it go chief. This is clearly going to be a dirty election. :roll:

Command staff experience? He was a Sgt. when Balkwill got elected and promted him 4 times in 4 years. Not bad, but how dare anyone call that COMMAND STAFF EXPERIENCE.
Jealous, are we??? :lol:

FAIR?? OMG, give me a break. He's fair if he likes you, if he doesn't he's as bad as Lewis or Gooding were with their SWAT boys. Geeze, I cannot think of a further from the truth statement and the voters will see right through this womanizing drunkard. This is factual and part of his IA file, although I heard it was recently removed by the sheriff.

A complete records request was recently made of this and more, so soon many more people will know the truth.
The FBI went through Larry Dunklee's file and found nothing. It's clean. You might be able to spread your trash talk because you're anon, but the FBI's investigation found nothing. How inconvenient for you, eh? So who do you think should be sheriff, if not Larry Dunklee????? Ohhhhh you don't want to say because it would smear your candidates reputation. How convenient. :roll:

Chief Larry Dunklee is the most qualified candidate to be sheriff for Sarasota County. He has the credentials, along with the support and respect of the community. The FBI has conducted an extensive background of Chief Dunklee and found his record to be as clean as a whistle. If Chief Dunklee is good enough for the FBI, then he's an excellent choice for the citizens of Sarasota County. :)

05-18-2007, 10:09 AM
Only Dunklee himself or his girlfriend can make such an idiotic posting. As a road deputy I want no part of Dunklee running this department. Sorry, but he lacks ethics and professionalism. I know he has harrassed females here and in no way deserves to be our sheriff.

He has very little support here on patrol, but then again, who are we? Only the backbone of the department.

05-18-2007, 12:07 PM
I really dont get into all this political bs because the people elect the sheriff and once the ballot is cast, so is someones fate and dont know who will be the next sheriff. Its stupid to sit here and say its gonna be a dirty election when it hasnt happened as of yet. Maybe it will maybe it wont but needless to say It could be very interesting. I have heard however that BB is running again so he can get his retirement. However, after two years into his re-election period he will be able to retire. So if he does that, I forsee LD becoming the next sheriff by appointment of the governor and then re-elected by the popular vote in the next the election. Just a thought.

05-18-2007, 12:50 PM
I have heard however that BB is running again so he can get his retirement. [/*:m:1pl0yoct]
However, after two years into his re-election period he will be able to retire. [/*:m:1pl0yoct]
So if he does that, I forsee LD becoming the next sheriff by appointment of the governor and then re-elected by the popular vote in the next the election. [/*:m:1pl0yoct]
That's exactly what happened in Manatee County just last month, so it's a distinct possibility for Sarasota County in the future!!!

05-18-2007, 12:56 PM
I really dont get into all this political bs because the people elect the sheriff and once the ballot is cast, so is someones fate and dont know who will be the next sheriff. Its stupid to sit here and say its gonna be a dirty election when it hasnt happened as of yet. Maybe it will maybe it wont but needless to say It could be very interesting. I have heard however that BB is running again so he can get his retirement. However, after two years into his re-election period he will be able to retire. So if he does that, I forsee LD becoming the next sheriff by appointment of the governor and then re-elected by the popular vote in the next the election. Just a thought.

You have got to be kidding, BB is an idiot and his Mr. Greenjean farmer buddy both belong on a pig farm. They are the real jokes we have here and the sooner you guys realize they are the book-ends that surround the mess that this agency is in now the better you will be. Some of you guys think that having these two Dah! fools here will make it easy for you to get by (well that's the problem).
We need a shake-up here. This has been going on too long. It is just ashame that I may not be here to see it all go down. Hey you dopes out there BB is not going to run because he is not going to Win. last time Dave and the other guys won big time as a whole and this time they will beat him as a whole. Lets face it the people and the deputies have had enough. After the first 4 years look how much BB lost in respect around here Since then he has turned this place into a deeper hole then ever. With the help of the his side kick buddy Clarabell they are a joke. So do yourself a favor start thinking outside the Box for a change. Heck the way things are around here I'm going to vote Democrat this time around even though I won't be around to see him finish office. Oh buy the way if our commissioner does run we are in for some real crap just see what she will do by looking at the Jim Ley predictions. People think for a change and CHANGE IS BETTER FOR ALL OF US. :shock:

05-18-2007, 04:15 PM
When Larry Dunklee runs for sheriff, he will have the full support of the community behind him! Wait, watch, look, listen and learn!!!! 8)

05-18-2007, 04:26 PM
Squeeky, you need to be drug tested!

05-18-2007, 04:38 PM
I'd rather see Bill Balkwill run again because he has the power of the incumbency -- and then after he reaches retirement after two more years in office, then he can resign/retire and he can recommend to Governor Crist that Chief Larry Dunklee be appointed as the interim sheriff. Then when Larry Dunklee is appointed as sheriff, he can run for office and he'll have the power of the incumbency on his side. That's exactly what Charlie Wells did in Manatee County with Colonel Steube (who is now Sheriff Steube) and it can also happen in Sarasota County. ;)

05-18-2007, 05:09 PM
First, your facts are so distorted or you don't understand politics. First, yes, Balkwill could run again and would FIRST have to hope and pray he won the election. Given his past 8 years, that's not assured by any stretch of the imagination. Honestly, on a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the greatest), Balkwill may rank a high 3. Favortism, FBI investigation, budgets a mess not to mention he can't make a decision.

But, for the sake of argument, lets say he did win. Two years from now Gov Crist will be gearing up for the start of his 2010 campaign. Do you really believe that Gov Crist would ruin his chances of re-election in an important county by appointing Dunklee? GET REAL! Its not what happened in Manatee, in Manatee Crist appointed him AFTER being elected and appointed Steube, who's credentials run circles around Dunklee's. Not to mention no past of domestic violence, no sustained Internal Investigations for Sexual Harrassment, No college degree, 4 promotions in 4 years. Nope, its MUCH different and you get bet Gov Crist would NEVER appoint Dunklee. He'd be waaaaaay on the bottom of the list.

I realize I am most likely responding to either Dunklee himself or his Candy Girlfriend, who has a shaded past of her own. I won't disclose it here as it would not be fair to her, but it will come out in the election.

05-18-2007, 05:37 PM
First, your facts are so distorted or you don't understand politics. First, yes, Balkwill could run again and would FIRST have to hope and pray he won the election. Given his past 8 years, that's not assured by any stretch of the imagination. Honestly, on a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the greatest), Balkwill may rank a high 3. Favortism, FBI investigation, budgets a mess not to mention he can't make a decision.
You're first mistake is believing that a departmental consensus has any sort of impact on the election. It doesn't!!! You surround yourself with other employees who share your opinion, but the rest of the community (aka civilians) are completely separated from "your" point-of-view. You incorrectly assume that the public:
1. knows what you know
2. believes what you believe
But you're totally wrong -- and if you'll do a little bit of soul searching, then I'm sure that you'll agree with me. ;)

The SSO has about 1.6 sworn officers per 3000 citizens. Actually, that ratio is probably a lot worse because of our exploding growth in population, but that's what it was when Sheriff Monge (ret.) was here, which was several years ago. The point is that SSO employees make up less than 1% of 1% of 1% of 1% (etc.) of the total population. SSO employees don't even make up 1% of the citizenry!!! If you "do the math," then you'll understand that the sheriff's race is won (or lost) in the community and NOT within the agency!!! Even Sheriff Hardcastle (ret.) knew that!!! Your opinion is very important to me, but your opinion doesn't amount to a rats arse when it comes to voters casting their ballots. :lol:

But, for the sake of argument, lets say Bill Balkwill did win. Two years from now, Gov Crist will be gearing up for the start of his 2010 campaign. Do you really believe that Gov Crist would ruin his chances of re-election in an important county by appointing Dunklee?
You bet your bottom dollar I do!!! It will happen!!!

GET REAL! Its not what happened in Manatee, in Manatee Crist appointed him AFTER being elected and appointed Steube, who's credentials run circles around Dunklee's. Not to mention no past of domestic violence, no sustained Internal Investigations for Sexual Harrassment, No college degree, 4 promotions in 4 years. Nope, its MUCH different and you get bet Gov Crist would NEVER appoint Dunklee. He'd be waaaaaay on the bottom of the list.
Chief Dunklee and Sheriff Steube have the exact same kind of two-year college degree. Sheriff Steube's AS in criminal justice is no better than Chief Dunklee's AS in law enforcement. Let's keep the facts straight, okay? Also, you have absolutely no proof to back-up your allegations about DV or anything else. None!!! Talk is cheap. If you did have proof-in-writing, as you claim, then the newspapers would be all over it, but it's been rather quiet since Bill Balkwill got elected, hasn't it? Not even a peep from the papers!!! Eh? And it will stay that way because you've got nothing. Nothing!!!! If you do, then why don't you spill it???? Ohhhhh it's because you can't!!!! ;)

Hey, let's start a rumor!!! There's an FBI investigation!!! :roll:

I realize I am most likely responding to either Dunklee himself or his Candy Girlfriend, who has a shaded past of her own. I won't disclose it here as it would not be fair to her, but it will come out in the election.
Nope, I'm not either one of them -- they can speak for themselves. I am a loyal SSO employee who wants to do what is right for the agency and the next election will be just fine. :) Count on it. ;)

05-18-2007, 05:48 PM
I'd rather see Bill Balkwill run again because he has the power of the incumbency -- and then after he reaches retirement after two more years in office, then he can resign/retire and he can recommend to Governor Crist that Chief Larry Dunklee be appointed as the interim sheriff. Then when Larry Dunklee is appointed as sheriff, he can run for office and he'll have the power of the incumbency on his side. That's exactly what Charlie Wells did in Manatee County with Colonel Steube (who is now Sheriff Steube) and it can also happen in Sarasota County. ;)

When you mention Sheriff Charlie Wells and Col. Steube compared to BB and LD you are talkig about two professionals in Manatee County to Howdy Doody and Mr. Bluster in SSO (for you youngsters they were on a kids show when I was young)

05-18-2007, 06:40 PM
I'm an outsider looking in and I'm just wondering what happened with the FBI investigation? What were the results of the investigation?

05-18-2007, 09:50 PM
I'm an outsider looking in and I'm just wondering what happened with the FBI investigation? What were the results of the investigation?
It was a another false rumor that spread like wildfire from the last election cycle. There was no truth to it and nobody has ever been able to provide any documentation otherwise ---- and never will be able to. ;)

05-18-2007, 10:27 PM
Dunk and the Sheriff are like oil and water....they don't get along...it's a shame how many times Dunk has been back doored when all he tried to do was the right thing...he is 2nd in command remember....how is he expected to make noticable progress when he is clearly outnumbered by Balkwill's buddies?! There is no command decision...you've got the Balkwill bullies that gather around the round table and bash any and all good will attempts....Balkwills buddies thrive on piss poor management skills and greed. Who care what happens to Joe-deputy just as long as their pockets are filled with 95,000+!!!!! Sick isn't it........very few of them deserve it....anyway....Dunk for Sheriff...keep your chin up buddy...the hell with the boobs that work below you!!!!

05-18-2007, 10:47 PM
Dunk and the Sheriff are like oil and water....they don't get along...it's a shame how many times Dunk has been back doored when all he tried to do was the right thing...he is 2nd in command remember....how is he expected to make noticable progress when he is clearly outnumbered by Balkwill's buddies?! There is no command decision...you've got the Balkwill bullies that gather around the round table and bash any and all good will attempts....Balkwills buddies thrive on piss poor management skills and greed. Who care what happens to Joe-deputy just as long as their pockets are filled with 95,000+!!!!! Sick isn't it........very few of them deserve it....anyway....Dunk for Sheriff...keep your chin up buddy...the hell with the boobs that work below you!!!!
I wouldn't go to hell for Dunk --- but I'd dam sure think about it!!!! :)

05-18-2007, 11:06 PM
An anonymous email account should be set up for those of us who want to support Dunk, but who don't want to get involved with all the politics that goes with it. I'm sure that the other candidates will copycat this idea, but Dunk will get a helluva lot more support than the other candidates could ever dream of. If Larry chooses to use this idea, he probably shouldn't even touch it until after 2008 arrives. It's too early. I guess.

05-20-2007, 01:21 PM
I agree with the posters here, Larry Dunklee will never be sheriff in Sarasota. Nice guy but he ain't got what it takes to be sheriff and his past will no doubt be brought up.

05-20-2007, 01:47 PM
I agree with the posters here, Larry Dunklee will never be sheriff in Sarasota. Nice guy but he ain't got what it takes to be sheriff and his past will no doubt be brought up. Larry Dunklee's background is as clean as a whistle. He's even been cleared by the FBI. You're blowing smoke when you say that "dirt" will come out in the next election. :roll:[/*:m:18puk65v]
The FBI invited Larry Dunklee to attend their FBI academy -- and he's now an FBI National Academy graduate. ;)[/*:m:18puk65v]
He has a college degree in law enforcement.[/*:m:18puk65v]
He has command staff experience.[/*:m:18puk65v]
Most importantly: Larry Dunklee has community support. [/*:m:18puk65v]

05-20-2007, 04:01 PM
squeaky....fromme? Are you a Manson sister?

You left out an important attribute....TACTILE PERSONALITY :oops:

05-21-2007, 09:37 AM
Ahh, the war is heating up.

When it comes to Dunklee, don't you mean ERECTILE personality? Wasn't he the one who loves to rub his genitals on certain females employees??? :roll: :roll: :roll: That's a little weird if you ask me?

A degree? His recently obtained AA? We have deputies who could not get hired without a degree and he made it all the way to the #2 slot without ANY degree and recently I hear got an AA SAD!

Someone post more about CANDY GIRL, we need to know. We know about the < edited out by mod 24 > cases on her.

05-21-2007, 11:07 AM
I would not want Dunklee as our Sheriff. You have to be kidding me? Please tell me he doesn't think he can win? Don't get me wrong, I'm not big on Gustofson either. Right now I'd say either Pete Abbott if he runs or the Laverello guy, if he runs. At least I know they'd support us here on patrol.

05-21-2007, 11:57 AM
[quote="SO-Southend"]Ahh, the war is heating up.

When it comes to Dunklee, don't you mean ERECTILE personality?

Definition of Tactile: –adjective 1. of, pertaining to, endowed with, or affecting the sense of touch.
2. perceptible to the touch; tangible.

Translation......he likes to touch things.............no need to define erectile or it's meanings....Enough said.

05-21-2007, 08:22 PM
Not just the erectile issue, but Im sure little Dunk being kicked out of the academy wont look good on his record.

05-21-2007, 09:02 PM
Listen, if you had to think of a person who' be LEAST likely to become sheriff here, Dunklee would be the guy. Squeeky is either one of the following;

1) Dunklee himself defending his honor (or lack thereof)

2) Acting Major Forbis, who ought to take acting lessons, the little weasel.

3) Candy Girl (Yea, sure they just broke up, I just saw them together about a week ago, so nice try now that we are on to her background)

4) A idiot, who doesn't have a clue.

The sexual harrassment, domestic battery, lack of college, little dunk the exam thief, forcing his way into the internal for his son and threatening people.

Why do you think Balkwill has him working on the police/fire games? Because Balkwill recognizes hes not capable of much more. And, I hear he's screwing that up pretty badly?

05-21-2007, 11:54 PM
BEFORE ANYONE POSTS THEIR OPINIONS DO SOME RESEARCH. TO START THINGS OFF, BEING KICKED OUT OF THE ACADEMY WAS MY OWN FAULT AND THAT WILL NOT HAVE ANY EFFECT ON MY FATHER RUNNING FOR SHERIFF. MY FATHER GRADUATED FROM COLLEGE WITH A TWO-YEAR DEGREE, THEN ATTENDED A LOCAL COLLEGE IN 2006 TO GET HIS BS IN CRIMINAL JUSTICE(FACT). YOU SAY PROMOTED "4 TIMES IN 4 YEARS"...THATS WRONG! HE WAS PROMOTED TO LT. BY MONGE(FACT). ONCE AGAIN DO YOUR RESERCH. HMMM THINK ABOUT THIS. WHEN A PRESIDENT IS ELECTED HE APPOINTS ALL OF HIS STAFF(FACT)...STILL FOLLOWING? SO WHEN A SHERIFF IS ELECTED HE IS ABLE TO CHOOSE WHO HE WANTS TO ASSIST HIM. ANYWAY, BEING PROMOTED 3 TIMES IN 4 YEARS WOULD BE WHAT I LIKE TO CALL HARD WORK. TO FILL YOU IN ON SOME OF THE OTHER THINGS, MY FATHER HAS NOT HAD A DRINK OF ALCOHOL/LIQUOR SINCE COLLEGE(FACT). ANOTHER, B/C MY FATHER IS #2 DOES NOT MEAN HE AGREES WITH ANYTHING OR EVERYTHING BB DOES(FACT)...HE HAS NO CHOICE. THE FINAL YES/NO BELONGS TO THE SHERIFF(FACT). ANYONE WHO WANTS TO KNOW WHAT HIS BACKGROUND IS LIKE, ASK ME. I, UNLIKE ANYONE ELSE ON HERE KNOW BOTH SIDES OF ALL STORIES. TO SPEAK BRIEFLY ON CANDY, IF YOU WERE AN OFFICER OF THE LAW AND FOUND SOMEONE YOU WANTED TO DATE...WOULD YOU CHECK THEIR BACKGROUND TO SEE IF THEY ARE OK OR WOULD YOU GIVE THAT PERSON A CHANCE? YOU SAY HE DOESN'T HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO BE SHERIFF, YOU'LL SEE SOON ENOUGH :D

TO THINK SOMEONE SITS HERE AND COMMENTS ON THINGS THAT THEY HEAR ABOUT AND HAVE BARELY ANY KNOWLEDGE OF. PLEASE POST MORE SO I CAN CRUSH ALL THIS BS THAT YOU STUPID HATERS KNOW NOTHING ABOUT...

DEREK ROBERT DUNKLEE

05-22-2007, 12:07 AM
Well said Derek!!! You were man enough to admit your faults on this stupied forum and as far as your father goes I agree totally, at least he won't make a decision just on a wim, I am a female and the Dunk has never once said or did anything inapproriate to me or around, I respect him very much and everyone has a past and sum newer deputies have been making their own skeletons already,,,,,Derek i respect you for coming on here and telling it like it is

05-22-2007, 12:45 AM
I have been retired from the SSO over six years now and I am ashamed of the few that post personal negative remarks on this site. It seems like it doesn't matter who or what the topic is there is always someone who loves to give Law Enforcement a black eye. I find it hard to believe those remarks come from anyone at SSO but we will never know since they don't have the guts to list their names. I believe in my heart that the majority of officers working there are good, dedicated officers. Sarasota Sheriff's Office can and will rise back to the top as one of the best Departments in the country. Now, my remarks about Larry Dunkley. I worked with and for Dunkley during my time there. Larry was always honest and upfront with me. When he became the Sgt. assigned to South DB I had my doubts about working for him. With that in mind I went to him and face to face ask him several personal questions concerning his qualifications and explained to him that I did not trust him and considered him a company man. He was straight up with me and shared some of his goals and ideas for the Department. I left that meeting with the idea that as far as I was concerned he still had to prove several things to me. I know that sounds brash since I worked for him but that is the way I am. If I have a problem I meet you face to face. It usually gets solved that way and you can communicate better. Over the years I worked for him Larry Dunkley was one of the fairest supervisors I ever worked for. He not only worked hard as a supervisor but worked hand in hand with all the guys to do a better job. As far as his past I know about that to. Unless you were in his shoes, no one can throw rocks. I have never had to go through marital problems and the baggage that goes with it. I hope no one does but Larry got through it. I can tell you from meeting the other half it wasn't all his fault. Enough about his personal life. No one's personal life should be displayed here for any and every enemy he has can spread lies and gossip. I truthfully can't say if Dunk would make a good Sheriff but in my opinion he would do as well as any who worked there until I retired. I would have no problem working for him in the capacity as Sheriff. I don't turn my back on my friends. Yes, if they are wrong I let them know face to face not on some gossip site. I have not talked with Larry Dunkley since I left nor do I plan to. Last but not least, as a father with grown adult kids, I have watched them make mistakes, do wrong among other things. I still love them but don't like the mistakes they make and have made. I made my share of them in my life time. It takes a snake to come on this site and bash Larry's son in an effort to disgrace a fathers love. Like Derrick said, get your facts. OH yea, also get a life.

05-22-2007, 12:56 AM
I give Derek credit for sticking up for his dad. But, get ready Derek, its gonna get a lot worse before it gets better. Dunk got where he is by being a political buddy to BB. The political route to stardom has its pitfalls. First of all, you tend to get promoted past your experience level and your abilities. Dunk bypassed some pretty critical supervisory experience on his way to the top (and without college credits required of everybody else who gets promoted)
And because he is a political buddy, he learned to gain position by paying favors, got 'loyalty' by demanding favors, and playing favorites. All of those techniques are great for the members of the 'club' but everyone else walks around pi@@ed off because they see how unfair the guy is (Derek becomes the first candidate moved to patrol once the college requirement was dropped and no wonder 'southside' likes him, he favors south county)
Yah, we hear how much he disagrees with BB until he gets his fat check every other week.
His hookup with Forbis gives you a hint about what he likes in management style . That should scare you a lot!
We can do a lot better. Curt Hoffman, please?

05-22-2007, 01:01 AM
First....Don Kemp is back? Geeeze, when will you just go away and leave the site to those who work here? Your like a bad case of the CLA*, you just keep returning!

Derik, welcome to LEO Affairs. Your posting by name now sheds light on who was making all the positive postings about dear ole dad. I respect you for defending him. However, I don't respect you and the fact that you were dismissed from our academy for stealing a test. In my book, that is theft and speaks volumes for your ethics. We are much better off without you. The fact you fail to address is WHY did you dad come into the interview process during the AI with Forbis? Why did they attempt to intimidate those involved with investigating you. THAT MY FRIEND IS A FACT! Speaks volumes for both those idiots.

Further, you fail to address the sustained Internal Investigations on your dad for SEXUAL HARRASSMENT? You defend the promotion timeline, but don't mention his rubbing himself of females that continue to this day to be bothered by it.

You also don't make any mention of domestic violence and calls this agency had to respond to because of your dad? I won't imbarrass you further, as you were in diapers when we had to take the calls. I think you know the truth.

Bottom line. You dad may WANT to be sheriff here, but he should NEVER be sheriff here. Face the facts, you love him because he's dad, that I will respect. Beyond that, he has a past that would embarras all of us who still respect the badge.

As for CandyGirl, well, she's not the target here so I'll leave that alone, but he and you and your past of theft should be very prepared for all of this to surface for over a year until people vote and chose the next sheriff.

05-22-2007, 02:21 AM
I agree, Dunklee Junior is not a LEO and in my mind has ZERO credibility after the test scam. He seems to have selective memory anyway.

Hey, Little Dunk, Publix, and Walmart are hiring, No written test required.

Hey, Big Dunk..Word to the wise.... When a kid in the academy comes home with a copy of the exam, that is in violation of general orders in the sheriff's department that you serve as the # 2 in...That may be a CLUE!

You know Big Dunk has got to be worried, he only has 2 years left. Whomever makes sheriff (possible exeption of BB again) will fire Dunklee, just like his son.

05-22-2007, 02:51 AM
BEFORE ANYONE POSTS THEIR OPINIONS DO SOME RESEARCH. TO START THINGS OFF, BEING KICKED OUT OF THE ACADEMY WAS MY OWN FAULT AND THAT WILL NOT HAVE ANY EFFECT ON MY FATHER RUNNING FOR SHERIFF. MY FATHER GRADUATED FROM COLLEGE WITH A TWO-YEAR DEGREE, THEN ATTENDED A LOCAL COLLEGE IN 2006 TO GET HIS BS IN CRIMINAL JUSTICE(FACT). YOU SAY PROMOTED "4 TIMES IN 4 YEARS"...THATS WRONG! HE WAS PROMOTED TO LT. BY MONGE(FACT). ONCE AGAIN DO YOUR RESERCH. HMMM THINK ABOUT THIS. WHEN A PRESIDENT IS ELECTED HE APPOINTS ALL OF HIS STAFF(FACT)...STILL FOLLOWING? SO WHEN A SHERIFF IS ELECTED HE IS ABLE TO CHOOSE WHO HE WANTS TO ASSIST HIM. ANYWAY, BEING PROMOTED 3 TIMES IN 4 YEARS WOULD BE WHAT I LIKE TO CALL HARD WORK. TO FILL YOU IN ON SOME OF THE OTHER THINGS, MY FATHER HAS NOT HAD A DRINK OF ALCOHOL/LIQUOR SINCE COLLEGE(FACT). ANOTHER, B/C MY FATHER IS #2 DOES NOT MEAN HE AGREES WITH ANYTHING OR EVERYTHING BB DOES(FACT)...HE HAS NO CHOICE. THE FINAL YES/NO BELONGS TO THE SHERIFF(FACT). ANYONE WHO WANTS TO KNOW WHAT HIS BACKGROUND IS LIKE, ASK ME. I, UNLIKE ANYONE ELSE ON HERE KNOW BOTH SIDES OF ALL STORIES. TO SPEAK BRIEFLY ON CANDY, IF YOU WERE AN OFFICER OF THE LAW AND FOUND SOMEONE YOU WANTED TO DATE...WOULD YOU CHECK THEIR BACKGROUND TO SEE IF THEY ARE OK OR WOULD YOU GIVE THAT PERSON A CHANCE? YOU SAY HE DOESN'T HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO BE SHERIFF, YOU'LL SEE SOON ENOUGH :D

TO THINK SOMEONE SITS HERE AND COMMENTS ON THINGS THAT THEY HEAR ABOUT AND HAVE BARELY ANY KNOWLEDGE OF. PLEASE POST MORE SO I CAN CRUSH ALL THIS BS THAT YOU STUPID HATERS KNOW NOTHING ABOUT...

DEREK ROBERT DUNKLEE
Derek,

I don't know you, but I suggest that you be very careful what you write on this board because it's read by a lot of people. My recommendation is that you read and then re-read three more times whatever it is you want to post. You're dad is a good egg, but be careful what you write here!!!

squeaky

05-22-2007, 01:54 PM
Nice posting little Dunk :lol: :lol: :lol:

How long ago was it since his last drink? NOT :shock: :shock:

Tell us more Little Dunk.

Is there a Little Forbis that can tell us about his dad too?

05-22-2007, 03:55 PM
Nice posting little Dunk :lol: :lol: :lol:

How long ago was it since his last drink? NOT :shock: :shock:

Tell us more Little Dunk.

Is there a Little Forbis that can tell us about his dad too?
Little Dunk is more of a man than you'll ever be. At least he came on here with his real name and told the truth as he sees it. That's more than what can be said about you. :roll:

05-22-2007, 04:57 PM
Little Dunk came on here with his name? BIG DEAL, he has no job and won't ever likely be hired by a police department because he lacks ethics. Boy, the apple didn't fall far from the Dunklee Tree :lol: :lol: :lol:

05-22-2007, 11:10 PM
Let's review the facts because it's worth repeating, okay? :) Larry Dunklee is a "down to earth" kind of guy. He isn't "high and mighty." You can always approach him. To know him is to love him (nope, I ain't queer).[/*:m:14sdmstc]
He's fair. He's fair in all aspect of life and in law enforcement. He isn't out to hammer anybody. He's seen injustice, so he's familiar with how nasty it can be and, for that reason, he goes out of his way to be fair. [/*:m:14sdmstc]
He's honest. You won't find anybody that's more honest then Larry Dunklee. Actually, he's painfully honest. [/*:m:14sdmstc]
He's loyal to employees. He cares about your personal and professional growth. [/*:m:14sdmstc]
He's loyal to the agency. He isn't in the job just for himself. Sure, we all work for a paycheck every day, but there's more to it then that. We don't want somebody in office who is just in in for the money. Larry Dunklee isn't that way at all.[/*:m:14sdmstc]
Larry Dunklee is trustworthy. [/*:m:14sdmstc]Do the right thing and follow your conscience!!!!

05-23-2007, 01:47 AM
WOW....here's a fact....squeaky smokes crack

05-23-2007, 10:53 AM
WOW....here's a fact....squeaky smokes crack
Squeaky is a law enforcement officer who has made quality arrests for possession of crack cocaine. Squeaky is a good hearted cop and Squeaky has never smoked crack and has never even thought about it. If the only thing that you can say to support your "argument" is that Squeaky is a crackhead, then you have NO argument!!!!

05-23-2007, 11:14 AM
Hey Squeek...If you are so legit, then answer a few questions relative to the candidate you support?

1) Do confirm or deny that Larry Dunklee has sustained Internal Affairs reports for SEXUAL HARRASSMENT against female employees of the SSO? The actual reports will run in local newspapers, however if you are an employee and you know the answer, then do you support this man for SHERIF despite having sexually harrassed females?

2) Do you confirm or deny he has had a VERY active past and been accused of domestic violence while serving as a law enforcement officer with the SO?

3) Do you confirm or deny that he willifully attempted to intimidate a internal affairs detective during the questioning of his son (Derek) for cheating and theft of a department test? That he sat in on the interview, brought in Acting Major FOrbis to also further the intimidation and had to be ordered to leave by the sheriff?

4) Do confirm or Deny that he was promoted at least 5 times WITYHOUT a COLLEGE DEGREE, despite an SO policy requiring a college degree?

5) Do you confirm or deny that he was the FOP President that got the FOP to back Balkwill for sheriff, was very active in Balkwills campaign and was promoted 3 times under balkwill, despite NOT having the required college? I know people here who could not get promoted once without a degree!

6) Do you confirm or Deny that he pushed for Forbis to get promoted to Acting Major, even though no Majors position existed?

Hmmm, chew on those a while....

05-23-2007, 11:49 AM
Hey Squeek...If you are so legit, then answer a few questions relative to the candidate you support?

1) Do confirm or deny that Larry Dunklee has sustained Internal Affairs reports for SEXUAL HARRASSMENT against female employees of the SSO? The actual reports will run in local newspapers, however if you are an employee and you know the answer, then do you support this man for SHERIF despite having sexually harrassed females?
You have no proof of that and it's not in the newspapers. Never has been and never will be.

Do you confirm or deny he has had a VERY active past.
Yes, Larry Dunklee is a very "active" man. He is "on the go" all the time. Can't deny it.

Do you confirm or deny he been accused of domestic violence while serving as a law enforcement officer with the SO?
If you check his records, then you will find NOTHING. Next question please.

Do you confirm or deny that he willifully attempted to intimidate a internal affairs detective during the questioning of his son (Derek) for cheating and theft of a department test? That he sat in on the interview, brought in Acting Major FOrbis to also further the intimidation and had to be ordered to leave by the sheriff?
Is this a deposition??? :roll: Yeaa, I deny it and you have no proof and nobody will post their name on here or in the newspaper or anywhere else to substantiate your trashtalk. You're blowing smoke -- and I'm calling you on it. Ohhhhhhh you have no responce to that??? Figures. :roll:

Do confirm or Deny that he was promoted at least 5 times WITYHOUT a COLLEGE DEGREE, despite an SO policy requiring a college degree?
If you check the FDLE computer, it will reveal that he has a "college degree" in law enforcement. If you think it's bogus, then why don't you ask FDLE to launch an "investigation"? Ohhhhhh you can't because you're blowing more smoke!!!!

Do you confirm or deny that he was the FOP President that got the FOP to back Balkwill for sheriff, was very active in Balkwills campaign and was promoted 3 times under balkwill, despite NOT having the required college? I know people here who could not get promoted once without a degree!
Chief Dunklee was promoted with a college degree. FDLE will back that up.

Hmmm, chew on those a while....
I did and it's mostly girstle. Where is your smoking gun??? Is that all you've got??? Yes, that's all you've got and when the wind blows, the smoke clears and the sun is STILL shining on Larry Dunklee!!!! :)

05-23-2007, 12:14 PM
Not taking sides in this, however I would rather see someone other than Dunklee leading us.

FYI, Dunklee has a 2-year degree awhile and just obtained a 4-year degree from what I have been told.

Having seen the sustained IA's I know he was guilty as charged in sexual harrassment complaints, Dave Gustofson has copies of the IA's before Balkwill removed them from Dunklees file.

05-23-2007, 02:09 PM
Not taking sides in this, however I would rather see someone other than Dunklee leading us.

FYI, Dunklee has a 2-year degree awhile and just obtained a 4-year degree from what I have been told.

Having seen the sustained IA's I know he was guilty as charged in sexual harrassment complaints, Dave Gustofson has copies of the IA's before Balkwill removed them from Dunklees file.
My prediction is that while the supporters of Dunklee are battling it out with the supporters of Gustafson, a third charming candidate will win the election.

:devil:

05-24-2007, 11:06 AM
Weits pretty obvious that other than Squeeky or Squiigy (Whatever his posting name is), everyone else would rather see the Dunk depart with Balkwill. So, that leaves us with only a few options if I am hearing right.

Pete Abbott? Prob won't run

Laverello? Said hes running, but most likely for another drink (Balkwill Clone)

Al Hogle? Problems in Bradenton PD, and also a big drinker

Curt Hoffman? Possible

Terry Lewis? God help us!

Kevin Gooding? God help us Part 2, even worse then Lewis

05-24-2007, 02:03 PM

Squeaky wrote:
You have no proof of that and it's not in the newspapers. Never has been and never will be.

Newspaper Reader wrote:

Correction!!! This most certainly has been in the newspaper. I read it about two years ago. Get your facts straight Squeaky Fromme!!

05-24-2007, 02:04 PM
Yep....you speak the truth man

05-24-2007, 02:27 PM
Squeaky must live on another planet to think that Dunks investigation's NEVER took place and that proof of them doesn't exist. I could care less that Balkwill removed all the internal affairs investigations from Dunks personnel folder. I also know that numerous copies exist, including the copies that were posted on this site, newspapers and remain in peoples possession today. Best part is that some of the very females he sexually harrassed, still work here and are VERY afraid of him. They will speak when the time is appropriate.

Sorry Squeaky, your alone in your fantasy world!

05-24-2007, 03:00 PM
Squeaky must live on another planet to think that Dunks investigation's NEVER took place and that proof of them doesn't exist. I could care less that Balkwill removed all the internal affairs investigations from Dunks personnel folder. I also know that numerous copies exist, including the copies that were posted on this site, newspapers and remain in peoples possession today. Best part is that some of the very females he sexually harrassed, still work here and are VERY afraid of him. They will speak when the time is appropriate.

If the documents have been illegally removed from Larry Dunklee's file, then why doesn't a citizen step forward to:
1. Ask for a copy of them and
2. If they are not produced then
3. Request a criminal (or is it civil?) investigation into why they were removed???

Maybe they would suddenly "reappear" back in his file if that were to happen? :shock:

05-24-2007, 03:36 PM

If the documents have been illegally removed from Larry Dunklee's file, then why doesn't a citizen step forward to:
1. Ask for a copy of them and
2. If they are not produced then
3. Request a criminal (or is it civil?) investigation into why they were removed???

Maybe they would suddenly "reappear" back in his file if that were to happen? :shock:
There will be no investigation and nobody will step forward to request anything. Go crawl back into your hole.

05-24-2007, 04:55 PM
You mean DG (aka Sandy Berger wanna be) illegally stole official documents from an official Police file. Thats nice.....

Did you ever think that maybe LD's balls just itch? Does that mean he is sexually harassing people. He's scrathed his balls in front of me. Should I file a hositle work enviroment?

Last week someone FARTED near me and I tasted it? Maybe we should start an IA on them for launching a biological attack that effected me and disrupted my work because I was gagging.

Oh yea, before I was a cop, I used to drink and drive, got a dui and was convicted. I also stole some gum when I was 11 and I have been in many fights essentially committing battery.

And my wife has pissed me off so bad in the past that I punched a hole in the wall. None of you have ever been in a 22F and lost it?

None of you ever got stoned when you were younger?

Guess what all of you nasty, do nothing backstabbing, self loving, hypocrites....Its called being a HUMAN BEING and making mistakes. But I guess some of you are just so friggin perfect your up for sainthood.

My past is not perfect nor is any of yours. So drop it. And if you AS%Holes talked about my father that way? cop or no cop I would beat your head in with your keyboard.

You all can blow me and get a life and a new profession. I sure as hell don't want you as friends let alone co-workers. If you aint bashing LD or BB or whoever else has pissed you off, your *****en about something else like equipment or pay or who is supposeldy bangin who.

What a bunch of cry babies. If you put as much effort in crime fighting as you do on this board, maybe our burglary rate would go down. Just shut the @%&! up and do ur job.

A@s Hol%es

05-24-2007, 06:23 PM
Dearest Bucky:

Wow, you obviously hold some very stressfull buildup in you. I'd recommend counseling, it may help ole pal. No one said anyone was perfect, but then again the average person isn't running for a position that will lead the largest law enforcement agency in Sarasota County.

You or Sqeaky Fromme (if your not one in the same), or Little Thief Dunk, may not like the facts the way they are, but they are FACTS. Dunk SHOULD NOT be our next sheriff. He WON'T be our next sheriff. This community would NEVER stand for his running the sheriff's office with such a shaded past. Balkwill almost lost (actually did if you add up Dave'sand Ray Pilons votes together) and he didn't have a Slim Shady Past! The DUNK is a SKUNK will be the echo you hear in this county.

And no, I don't "Touch Myself" or rub my Balz in front of employees, you deviant retard. Or press myself up against female employees, because that would be SEXUAL HARRASSMENT. No I don't fight with my wife (I actually loved her for 22 years), never had a DUI, Never stole anything or ever tried to intimidate Internal Affairs Investigators who were investigating my son for theft of an academy exam.

Try this, can you say LOOOOOOOOSSSSSER

05-24-2007, 08:07 PM
Well stated Mr. Pooper...

Guess what, Patrol doesn't want Dunklee either.

Signed, A lowly Patrol Deputy

05-24-2007, 08:26 PM
First of all great name....I usually go by poopypants (u may have seen my other pro agency threads) but I was trying to be serious. Yea I have some built up stress and the xanax isn't working. So when I saw all this BS here I blew an O-ring. Pooper you sound like a special guy...A perfect record. I wanna be like you!!

Buck

05-25-2007, 11:46 AM
Anyone see the travel for Dunk for the past 2 years?

05-25-2007, 01:14 PM
Anyone see the travel for Dunk for the past 2 years?
How much & where?

05-25-2007, 03:39 PM
People who attack other people are no better then the people they attack. You might be stating facts and you might not, I have no idea and it doesnt matter. Just because somehting is a fact doesnt make you right for attacking that person with it. Bucky Beaver was right on with his post. His point was very simple just like mine.

People who attack other people are no better then the people they attack!!!!!!!

05-25-2007, 05:05 PM
Thank you Knock it off.

05-25-2007, 08:55 PM
I agree knock it off, and the Dunk is still a Skunk and won't ever be Sheriff here.

05-26-2007, 03:17 PM
I have NO IDEA who is going to be the next sheriff, but I do know that it's wise to stay out of the politics of it. Don't get involved!!!!

05-27-2007, 11:43 AM
Like it or not, LEO AFFAIRS is now something any candidate for sheriff has to think about. If they run, their life will be an open book for all to read, so get use to it.

One would think that with such a shaded past, Dunk would not want to put his family and friends through such an embarrasing ordeal. If I had his past, NO WAY would I ever run for ANY office.

onemrsstinker
05-28-2007, 01:38 PM
Instead of *****in about this, who don't you guys do something. Voice your opinions. Write to your legislatures.....write to Charlie Crist ...tell them you want people with ethics running the Sheriff's Office. Go to the www.scgov.org (http://www.scgov.org) website. All the addresses are there.

Hey Little Dunk...Open your eyes...your father is < edited out by mod 24 > and you know what I'm talkin about.

onemrsstinker
05-28-2007, 02:33 PM
Website is www.scgov.net (http://www.scgov.net)

05-29-2007, 12:15 PM
All this speculation about who is or is not running for sheriff is crazy. I guess the Dunk bashing is a preemtive strike, in a way, trying to keep him from running. So far the only one who has filed to run is "Doorstep Dave." You know, they guy who keeps appearing at different doorsteps begging for a job, asking for your dollars of support and promising all kinds of stuff in return for your vote. They use to be called carpet baggers.

05-29-2007, 02:22 PM
Excellent choice of terminology there.....Carpet Bagger! Best description I've seen yet....what a motely crew we have....carpet baggers, drunken skirt chasers, strip club tycoons, and tactile personalites.....rock on!

06-01-2007, 11:17 AM
Why is this even a posted topic? I have not seen any indication that LD is even running? Has he made that official? Why beat the guy, when we don't even know if he's running? I doubt he will run, he does have skeletons and everyone knows Dave G has numerous reports from LDs file. He won't run, trust me.

I heard Kurt Hoffman is a decent guy, if BB doesn't run, maybe he can gain some support?

06-01-2007, 12:37 PM
Why is this even a posted topic? I have not seen any indication that LD is even running? Has he made that official? Why beat the guy, when we don't even know if he's running? I doubt he will run, he does have skeletons and everyone knows Dave G has numerous reports from LDs file. He won't run, trust me.
I no longer know if Larry Dunklee is going to run for sheriff. :?

06-01-2007, 05:37 PM
Squeaky,

Of course LD isn't going to run!!!! He's scared to death about having those secret IA files released to the public and smeared all over the internet!!! If any of you guys & gals think for one New York minute that "copies" of those IA files aren't floating around, then you better think twice --- because they are!!!! And you can bet your bottom dollar that if LD runs for office, then all those reports will be:
1) scanned
2) posted on the internet for all the world to see!!!

That's why LD is having second thoughts about running for the office of sheriff!!!!!! Now you know!!!!! Does LD really want to face that???!!!! No!!!!!

You need a squeaky clean record to run for sheriff. ;)

Itchy

06-01-2007, 06:35 PM
Squeaky,

Of course LD isn't going to run!!!! He's scared to death about having those secret IA files released to the public and smeared all over the internet!!! If any of you guys & gals think for one New York minute that "copies" of those IA files aren't floating around, then you better think twice --- because they are!!!! And you can bet your bottom dollar that if LD runs for office, then all those reports will be:
1) scanned
2) posted on the internet for all the world to see!!!

That's why LD is having second thoughts about running for the office of sheriff!!!!!! Now you know!!!!! Does LD really want to face that???!!!! No!!!!!

You need a squeaky clean record to run for sheriff. ;)

Itchy
Hey Itchy, don't forget about the audio tapes of all the interviews. We can also put them "online" at our own website so that viewers can click on a link and they can hear all the interviews for themselves and then the listeners can make up their own minds. :shock:

06-01-2007, 07:31 PM
Itchy and Scratchy??? (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f4/Itchy_and_Scratchy_Show.png) :lol:

06-03-2007, 10:43 PM
I am very sad to say that Larry Dunklee is no longer 100% sure that he may run for sheriff because he may not want to face all the "public scruitny" that comes with running for office. If he doesn't run, then it will be a very sad day for Sarasota County. :?

Thanks to a few idiots who won't keep their mouths shut. Just remember: it can always get worse at this agency. Please remember that. Be careful who you vote for and who you endorse. Be very careful. :cry:

06-04-2007, 01:57 AM
I am very sad to say that Larry Dunklee is no longer 100% sure that he may run for sheriff because he may not want to face all the "public scruitny" that comes with running for office. If he doesn't run, then it will be a very sad day for Sarasota County. :?

Thanks to a few idiots who won't keep their mouths shut. Just remember: it can always get worse at this agency. Please remember that. Be careful who you vote for and who you endorse. Be very careful. :cry:
Of course LD isn't going to run and if he does, then it will get ugly. Is there such a thing as a clean political race??? If someone's "public records" are released for the public to read, then is it a dirty race???

Itchy

06-05-2007, 05:46 PM
First of all, Quit calling him the Dunk. If you have respect for his authority and feel he would step up to the plate for our agency, then address him as Chief and quit all of the pet names. Chief Dunklee is next in line, and like it or not, he is alot better than the others who have been mentioned.
The only people I would vote for over him are not stepping out in front for us, so in my view they aren't concerned enough to take the risk, it's like standing on the bridge as a certified first responder and being afraid to get wet. If Dunklee's not afraid to get wet, I'm willing to support him all the way. GO CHIEF!

06-05-2007, 06:35 PM
First of all, Quit calling him the Dunk. If you have respect for his authority and feel he would step up to the plate for our agency, then address him as Chief and quit all of the pet names. Chief Dunklee is next in line, and like it or not, he is alot better than the others who have been mentioned.
The only people I would vote for over him are not stepping out in front for us, so in my view they aren't concerned enough to take the risk, it's like standing on the bridge as a certified first responder and being afraid to get wet. If Dunklee's not afraid to get wet, I'm willing to support him all the way. GO CHIEF!
Amen! Chief Larry Dunklee will make a GREAT sheriff!!!! :)

06-05-2007, 07:18 PM
Amen! Chief Larry Dunklee will make a GREAT sheriff!!!! :)
You, sir, are a royal certified bonifide idiot. I don't think that I can get banned for calling an anonymous person an idiot because an anonymous person is a non-person.

06-05-2007, 09:01 PM
How can "THE DUNK" really expect respect from anyone in this agency? He should not be allowed to where a Badge, no less run for sheriff. Sorry, he's worse then a DUNK, he's a SKUNK.

Next candidate please step forward.

06-07-2007, 01:04 AM
Well, I can tell you this. I'll admit it here. I was all in favor of Dunklee for Sheriff until today. Then I met someone at a restaurant who showed me files that had been removed from his internal file by Balkwill.

Lets just say, sorry, YOU LOST MY VOTE!

06-07-2007, 01:20 AM
If Larry Dunklee runs for office, then a special website will be built that will show: Scanned copies of all the reports of sexual harassment and[/*:m:1jknlu1v]
All the audiotapes of the victims and Larry Dunklee. All you'll have to do is click on the link and you can hear it with your own ears -- and then YOU decide if Larry Dunklee should be the top cop!!! :shock: [/*:m:1jknlu1v]It's all "public record" under Florida's "Sunshine Law." :)

Larry, it's coming!!!! :shock:

06-08-2007, 12:40 AM
You all are such fools! Do you even know what Sexual Harrassment is?
It is not scratching your balls or rubbing up against someone. It is purposely refusing to take No for an answer. It is like stalking and setting out to make someone's life miserable for not submitting to your advances.
Chief Dunklee cannot be blamed for finding a female attractive or getting hard in her presence. It is only the aftermath of such events that constitutes disregard for her boundaries. If Dunklee is not supported it is because this department is so far behind that we need a more progressive and experienced leader to straighten out the mess. I don't even see any of them stepping in to the race.

06-08-2007, 01:35 PM
You all are such fools! Do you even know what Sexual Harrassment is?
It is not scratching your balls or rubbing up against someone. It is purposely refusing to take No for an answer. It is like stalking and setting out to make someone's life miserable for not submitting to your advances.
Chief Dunklee cannot be blamed for finding a female attractive or getting hard in her presence. It is only the aftermath of such events that constitutes disregard for her boundaries. If Dunklee is not supported it is because this department is so far behind that we need a more progressive and experienced leader to straighten out the mess. I don't even see any of them stepping in to the race.

Thanks for your interpretation of what "sexual harassment" is. And, by your standards, it is not rape if the victim is unconcious in your bizarro-legal-world. I don't know what LD did or didn't do, but I do know this. Southpaw, you are an embecile.

06-08-2007, 04:05 PM
Legal Definitions of Sexual Harassment

Sexual harassment is a legal term, created for the purpose of ending harassment and discrimination against women in the workplace. The term is constantly being redefined and extended in legislation and court decisions. However, not all sexual behavior in the workplace is harassment, and the laws against sexual harassment do not extend to situations outside the workplace or school.

The basic definition of sexual harassment comes from the United Stated Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC):

Unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature constitutes sexual harassment when submission to or rejection of this conduct explicitly or implicitly affects an individual's employment, unreasonably interferes with an individual's work performance or creates an intimidating, hostile or offensive work environment.

This definition has been further elaborated:

Sexual harassment can occur in a variety of circumstances, including but not limited to the following:

* The victim as well as the harasser may be a woman or a man. The victim does not have to be of the opposite sex.
* The harasser can be the victim's supervisor, an agent of the employer, a supervisor in another area, a co-worker, or a non-employee.
* The victim does not have to be the person harassed but could be anyone affected by the offensive conduct.
* Unlawful sexual harassment may occur without economic injury to or discharge of the victim.
* The harasser's conduct must be unwelcome.

Most states also have laws against sexual harassment that may differ slightly from the federal definition. You can check whether your state has such laws here.
There are two legally recognized types of sexual harassment:

* quid pro quo sexual harassment
* hostile environment sexual harassment.

Quid pro quo sexual harassment occurs when an individual's submission to or rejection of sexual advances or conduct of a sexual nature is used as the basis for employment decisions affecting the individual or the individual's submission to such conduct is made a term or condition of employment.

* It is sufficient to show a threat of economic loss to prove quid pro quo sexual harassment.
* A single sexual advance may constitute harassment if it is linked to the granting or denial of employment benefits.
* Courts have held employers strictly liable for quid pro quo sexual harassment initiated by supervisory employees.
* A subordinate who submits and then changes her or his mind and refuses can still bring quid pro quo sexual harassment charges.

Hostile environment sexual harassment occurs when unwelcome sexual conduct unreasonably interferes with an individual's job performance or creates a hostile, intimidating or offensive work environment even though the harassment may not result in tangible or economic job consequences, that is, the person may not lose pay or a promotion. Employers, supervisors, coworkers, customers, or clients can create a hostile work environment.

Hostile environment sexual harassment might include:

* repeated requests for sexual favors
* demeaning sexual inquiries and vulgarities
* offensive language
* other verbal or physical conduct of sexual or degrading nature
* sexually offensive, explicit or sexist signs, cartoons, calendars, literature or photographs displayed in plain view
* offensive and vulgar graffiti

There are two conditions that determine liability for employers in cases of hostile environment sexual harassment:

* The employer knew or should have known about the harassment, and
* The employer failed to take appropriate corrective action.

An employer can be held liable for the creation of a hostile environment by a supervisor, by non-supervisory personnel, or by the acts of the employer's customers or independent contractors if the employer has knowledge of such harassment and fails to correct it.

An employer may be expected to know about the hostile environment

* if there was a complaint to management
* if management failed to establish a policy against sexual harassment
* if the harassment is openly practiced or well-known among employees

In some cases, courts have applied the Reasonable Woman Standard to define sexual harassment. Reasoning that because women are more often victims of sexual violence than are men, women may be more concerned about whether mild forms of sexual harassment might be a prelude to more violent behavior. Since men are rarely victims of sexual assault, they may not perceive their behavior in the same way. Hence, the court should judge the behavior from the victim’s perspective. However, to prevent abuse of this standard, courts have adopted the “reasonable woman standard” by asking whether a reasonable woman would define the behavior as harassment. Not all courts have adopted this standard.

Third-party sexual harassment describes sexual harassment of employees who are not themselves the target of the harassment. Third-party sexual harassment may be either quid pro quo or hostile environment. Men and women may bring such claims.

Quid pro quo third-party sexual harassment occurs when employees who are not themselves harassed lose potential job benefits to other less qualified employees who submit to harassment.

Hostile environment third-party sexual harassment occurs when employees who are not themselves harassed must work in an atmosphere where such harassment is pervasive. If preferential treatment is given to employees who grant sexual favors, the motivation and work performance of other employees may be negatively affected.

Constructive discharge occurs when the employer deliberately makes the working conditions so terrible that a reasonable person would find them intolerable. Constructive discharge can occur only when the employee quits because of harassment and gave the employer notice of the harassment and an opportunity to remedy the situation.

Retaliation against an employee who opposed sexual harassment or made a charge or participated in an investigation is prohibited under Title VII. Employee behaviors that are protected include:

* resisting advances
* registering a complaint of sexual harassment
* supporting the claim of another employee
* picketing
* notifying law enforcement authorities

Retaliation might include:

* dismissal
* demotion
* transfer
* negative evaluation

To bring a claim of retaliation, an employee must establish the connection between the behavior and the retaliatory response.

06-09-2007, 01:47 PM
Legal Definitions of Sexual Harassment

Lets go out of town and discuss you squad assignment -

06-13-2007, 01:45 PM
I don't come on this site often, but the idea that this guy would even think he could run for sheriff is very scary.

He should resign as the Chief Deputy

06-19-2007, 03:21 AM
Chief Deputy Dunklee ought to stop speaking to reporters, everytime he speaks we sound more like idiots.

God I hope this guy does not become our sheriff. What a friggin looser

06-19-2007, 11:52 AM
Chief Deputy Dunklee ought to stop speaking to reporters, everytime he speaks we sound more like idiots.

God I hope this guy does not become our sheriff. What a friggin looser
What are you talking about??? Can you give an example??? You can't give any examples because you're an idiot. :roll:

06-19-2007, 07:50 PM
Hey Squeeky, you truly are an idiot. Hard to believe you thought you'd be a good moderator. You so far up Dunk's Arse, if he stops short, you'd get stuck in his lower intestine.

I can't provide any examples of a Stupid Dunk Comment? How about the recent one on June 16 in the Herald Tribune. Nothing like using a non-word like FRIGGIN to a reporter. Geeze, what a moron and poor example for us.

Here is the Herald Tribune Comment that went out to all residents to read!

Sarasota County officers and deputies had won the state title 11 years in a row but finished second in 2005. And who beat them out?

"Frickin' Manatee," says Chief Deputy Larry Dunklee. "The absolute worst place. You don't want to lose to your close neighbor."

Dunklee is busy supervising this year, but he competed in past games. He used to swim, play softball and run track.

"I won the decathlon one year," he says, laughing, "when I had good knees."

06-19-2007, 10:08 PM
Here is the Herald Tribune Comment that went out to all residents to read!Sarasota County officers and deputies had won the state title 11 years in a row but finished second in 2005. And who beat them out?

"Frickin' Manatee," says Chief Deputy Larry Dunklee. "The absolute worst place. You don't want to lose to your close neighbor."

Dunklee is busy supervising this year, but he competed in past games. He used to swim, play softball and run track.

"I won the decathlon one year," he says, laughing, "when I had good knees."
I'm not doubting you, but do you have a link to that??? What days paper was it in???

06-19-2007, 10:32 PM
http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20 ... 622/-1/xml (http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20070616/FEATURES/706160622/-1/xml)

06-19-2007, 10:43 PM
Frickin' Manatee. The absolute worst place.
Wow! :shock:

06-20-2007, 04:51 PM
OMG, I would not have believed it had I not read it myself. "FRICKEN MANATEE"? You have got to be joking. What a "FRICKEN" hillbilly, redneck would use the word FRICKEN to a newpaper reporter? And to think, he's our comman staff who wants to be our SHERIFF? OMG, please. What college did he graduate from, FRICKEN U?

Please, will someone with some smarts, education, professionalism, ethics PLEASE STEP FORWARD FOR THE SAKE OF OUR AGENCY. There is not one person from within this agency, I would want to run this place, NO ONE. Lot of great guys, but WE NEED OUTSIDE HELP IN A BAD WAY.

ok, maybe Kurt Hoffman, but other than he, NO ONE ELSE!