PDA

View Full Version : V-Day Sg 5

05-17-2007, 04:56 PM
Today's Bton Herald, The SAO won't seek the death penalty against the 2 perps citing "no aggravating circumstances." Are you kidding me? I guess gunning down the innocent victim after you sg 21 his house is not aggravating. WTF? The wheels of justice turning at its finest. Voters, keep the SAO in mind next year at the polls.

05-17-2007, 09:14 PM
Next thing you know, they'll say it was "self defense"

05-17-2007, 09:48 PM
see what the victim's wife said??? she is hurting.

By MICHAEL A. SCARCELLA
michael.scarcella@heraldtribune.com
BRADENTON -- Anthony Lewis, authorities say, broke into a man's house, found a revolver and fatally shot the homeowner with the gun after the man and his wife interrupted the burglary on Valentine's Day.

When Lewis was indicted on a first-degree murder charge, the victim's wife, Roberta Ramsey, said she wanted Lewis, 18, to pay with his life.

The Ramseys had returned home from lunch before the shooting. Roberta watched her husband die.

But on Wednesday, prosecutors took the death penalty out of play for Lewis and the alleged getaway driver, Michael Leon Walker, also 18.

The decision angered Roberta Ramsey and concerned Manatee County sheriff's detectives.

They say that Lewis, in particular, should face death for taking the life of a 67-year-old man he did not know -- Daniel W. Ramsey, a retired Manatee County parks and recreation supervisor.

"He cold-blooded murdered my husband. That's all there is to it," Roberta Ramsey, 64, said Wednesday. "Why is that not enough evidence? I'm very upset about it."

Assistant State Attorney Art Brown said that the facts of the case did not support seeking the death penalty, which prosecutors say is reserved for homicides that are especially cruel.

There were not enough aggravating factors, he said, to pitch to jurors to convince them that the shooting warranted the ultimate punishment. Brown, however, did not get into the details of the case.

Lewis and Walker did not break into the Ramsey home, in the 2400 block of 33rd Avenue Drive East, with the intent to kill anyone, and neither was armed before entering.

Authorities say Lewis stole Daniel Ramsey's gun and came out to the front yard after Daniel Ramsey and his wife pulled into the driveway.

Roberta Ramsey begged her husband to stay in their truck.

Her husband was armed with a knife when he confronted the burglars.

He threw the knife at Walker, according to Roberta Ramsey, who was not injured.

Walker is accused of murder for his alleged role as the getaway driver. Walker and Lewis both have criminal histories. An attempted murder charge was dropped against Lewis last year.

Lewis was arrested on an armed robbery charge when he was a juvenile, but the state declined to prosecute in that case because a witness was not cooperating.

The pair, jailed since their arrests, face life in prison without parole if convicted.

05-17-2007, 10:39 PM
you have got to be ****ing kidding me!!!!!!!! if you dont think it has enough to get a jury to say he deserves the death penalty then fine but let them make that decision not your retarded ass mr. brown. you guys ****ing kill me when we bust are ass making these arrests and you decline them so you maybe dont lose the case because it lacks jury appeal or you dont know if you can win it so you decline it so it does not go on your file as a loss. you guys need to get a damn back bone. if you idiots would have done your jobs in the first place the one kid would have been in jail and mr ramsey would more than likely still be alive. grow a set of balls and man up. you are not a jury let them decide an d quit playing god. :twisted:

05-17-2007, 11:34 PM
This is a kick in the balls for every law enforcement person in Manatee County and an insult to all the law abiding citizens. These ****ing crackheads are laughing at the system because they know that the SAO in Manatee county is a joke. Go just about anywhere in the county and you see the shitbags blatantly breaking the law because in this county there is hardly any punishment at the end. The SAO needs to clean house and get some fresh bodies with a set of balls who is not afraid to actually punish these dirtbags.
Thats just my $.02 :twisted:

05-18-2007, 05:22 AM
the subject responsible for the sig 5 was also responsible for a sig 41 to a pizza guy in w30 a few months prior. it was provable but the sao dropped. kinda makes ya think this could have been prevented if some one was not sleeping over there

05-18-2007, 11:22 PM
Fire every single SAO and put them in HUD housing in W30 or even La Mirada. When they call us we can say well I dont think I am going to be able to find the guy who shot you so I am not even going to show up, you have a nice day.

Pasco County files on every single case whether the keys were in the ignition or not. Our people are a joke and I hope none of them get
re-elected