PDA

View Full Version : Simple question

05-15-2007, 12:14 AM
I am going to ask that for the purpose of this thread, please do not bicker, whine or complain, regardless of which "side" you are on.

Does anybody have RELIABLE and SPECIFIC information as to what the sheriff intends to do if property taxes are drastically cut?

I dont want to know what YOU think he should do, or where money could be saved, or if taxes will be cut...

Those of us with jobs on the chopping block deserve to hear an honest answer on this topic.

05-15-2007, 12:17 AM
The only one who truly knows is the Sheriff. Ask him. Anything posted here is speculation.

05-15-2007, 12:43 AM
From the horse's mouth he has said he may have to cut around 200 jobs. Where these will come from or if it was a scare tactic I don't know but he did say it.

05-15-2007, 01:27 AM
From the horse's mouth he has said he may have to cut around 200 jobs. Where these will come from or if it was a scare tactic I don't know but he did say it. Why cut 200 jobs? Just put a stop to the 13 million dollar waste that is being built on the north side of the jail!! An 18 bay brand new airconditioned garage! What a "friggin joke!" Why do they need a new garage, the one they have serves it's purpose just fine. The "prima donna's" are a waste! Let's cut their jobs out and contract out the vehicle maintainance to the county garage next door, hell it's good enough for EMS, Fire and ECAT and they have a bunch of good mechanics over there and they stay open 24-7! Ohh but no! We have to spend..spend...spend...on over paid "whinny Ass" grease monkeys! I hope our new sheriff whomever they may be will focus first on getting rid of the "over paid do nothings!" And if he does cut 200 jobs, it needs to start with the "well over paid" civilian contract employees and the "too many directors" we have! I'm pissed, how about the rest of you???

05-15-2007, 01:59 AM
The problem is that the sheriff isn't smart enough to figure out what to do. So don't look for answers from him. Maybe if he'd actually finished high school he'd have some clue as to how to run his office. But he didn't and he doesn't. He has wasted so much money on directors, contract employees, buildings, command vehicles, etc. there is no way he can cut anything and still keep his sinking ship afloat. We have been robbed by this sheriff. He's picked our pockets clean. The money is either spent or irreversibly allocated and he won't be able to make things balance. If you want fiscal stability and honesty at the ECSO you'll need to elect an honest sheriff.

05-15-2007, 02:12 AM
I hear theres another mass drop coming in the next few years, maybe 2. that would be mostly deputies and supervisors on the top end of the pay scale. that may help some.

05-15-2007, 02:21 AM
We need all the police we can get. This is not just a fiscal or public protection issue. It's a big time officer safety issue. Who is going to back you up if we lose any more street cops? The answer is nobody. Keep this jerk in office and somebody is going top get hurt. McUsless has to go.

05-15-2007, 12:23 PM
I knew you guys couldnt make it through one discussion without sinking into insults of one politician or another.

What was I even thinking when I asked....

05-21-2007, 12:44 PM
The cuts are not just here in Escambia County but statewide so this makes it our Sheriff's fault how? Sad to see some starting to attack and become divided rather than to unite together. This is just another in a series of horrible economic news for Escambia County. To blame this mess on the sheriff only shows weak thinking and a political agenda.

05-21-2007, 01:22 PM
Partial truth again.
There may be issues with other counties but our sheriff's grotesquely bloated admin salaries and play pretty toys are what is breaking the ECSO budget.
Example- Stevens won't sign any purchase orders claiming the dept is broke. It's freaking May and we're already broke? He is either lying, incompetent or worse.

My favorite recent Ronnie Mac partial truth is that the sheriff didn't get 5.4 million dollars for employee raises. He claims he only got 3.2 mil yet the county commission says they gave him the full 5.4. The real answer...the first 3.2 was received immediately but the remaining 2.2 he gets later in the year to cover the 3% pay raise. He knew this all along but instead of being honest he chose to tell a half truth. Perhaps he wants the hold open the option to spend the remaining 2.2 elsewhere and blame the commission for not funding your 3%....only Ronnie Mac and Stevens know the truth. It's doubtful any of us ever will.

Deception by omission is still deception no matter how much mcnuggets spin it and point fingers at others. The worst part is that some people actually believe everything any mcnugget says. PT Barnum was right, a sucker is born every minute.