PDA

View Full Version : Commo Letter Embarassing

05-14-2007, 12:50 PM
Did you see the letter Commo sent to West Virginia with a care package they put together. Man, it made us look like we are a Po-Dunk agency that operates out of a trailer. Grammar, spelling, run-on sentences; they even spelled Blaksburg "Blacksberg"...Geeze...You just have to feel sorry for the people that have to work under the present commo management...Sad fact is; I'll bet none of the Big-wigs have seen it yet....to late it has already been sent...

05-14-2007, 07:26 PM
Where can we see thsi letter?????

05-14-2007, 08:30 PM
I heard the letter had food stains...

05-15-2007, 12:48 PM
Did you see the letter Commo sent to West Virginia with a care package they put together. Man, it made us look like we are a Po-Dunk agency that operates out of a trailer. Grammar, spelling, run-on sentences; they even spelled Blaksburg "Blacksberg"...Geeze...You just have to feel sorry for the people that have to work under the present commo management...Sad fact is; I'll bet none of the Big-wigs have seen it yet....to late it has already been sent...

That letter spoke for one of Commo, not all. Embarassing? Absolutely. It didn't come from management. I, for one, cannot believe that it spoke as a representation of PBSO, let alone Commo, as a whole. It seems, unfortunately, there are only a select few (peers) that notice this embarassment. Thank heavens that someone here did. I only wish it would come to light to the powers in place.

"We" in Commo live with it every day, Pal :cry:

05-15-2007, 02:15 PM
We know commo has its share of "crazies"....

05-17-2007, 08:33 PM

OK...so WHERE is this letter???

05-18-2007, 06:39 PM
ask anyone from commo to forward it to you...they sent it to all commo personnel...

05-19-2007, 06:37 PM
You would hope that someone would know what is going on in their division instead of worrying about union stuff. By the way the letter is awful...Looked like it was written by Snoop-Dog

05-30-2007, 01:14 AM
Ouch low blow!!

05-30-2007, 10:22 AM
yea that letter WAS sad, but not suprising. there are a few select that are given free reign over what they do, even if it affects other agencies like that letter. i'm HIGHLY embarrassed to be included in that letter as i'm part of commo. but do u think anyone in upper managment has seen it? yea they have, are they gunna do anything besides slap a few wrists? no. it really did make us look like a commo center full of illiterate idiots. (i'm not claiming to be the smartest, but there are tools in place to check things out, like 'spell checker') will we ever see an email or shift meeting talking about "if you have somthing you want to send to another agency, send it thru the chain of command and it will be approved by someone higher up than a floor spv"? probably not. does EVERYONE need to hear that? no, just a select few, but there is virtually no accountability in commo. knowing just a few of the 'right' ppl can get you pretty dang far. and that's sad. u know the agency says we should be acting on better than our best behavior when we're wearing these uniforms in public, but just sweeping THIS under the rug, well that's just unexcusable. this would give way to ppl sending out letters to businesses or other comm centers TELLING them what to do, or saying or somthing else HIGHLY unprofessional. should they be fired? no, but somthing needs to be done. and something needs to be done agency wide, or at least como wide, for some accountability.

05-31-2007, 09:38 AM
COMMUNICATIONS BUREAU PHONE: (561) 688-3400 FAX: (561) 688-3400
April 28, 2007
Virginia Tech Police Department
Communications Division
Sterett Facilities Complex
0523 Blacksberg, VA 24061
Virginia Tech Police Department Communications,
We here at the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office Communications Bureau wanted to let you at the Virginia Tech Police Department Communications Center know how much we empathize with the stress factors and diligent hard work that you have been performing throughout this catastrophic event. As we can all only imagine the stress and perseverance that you are enduring at this time, we collectively, as a Bureau, have created this care package for you as a stress reliever. We hope that if nothing else you enjoy the enclosed continents and get a chuckle or two after reading the enclosed descriptive regarding your stress relief care package. (Note laughter is one of the best stress relievers and it is our hope that our message is a form of stress relief as well.)
First and foremost…we have included “Snacks.” Here in Palm Beach, we dispatchers work must better under pressure when working with a full belly. We can pretty much deal with any stressful obstacle as long as there is food around. For those of you that are choc-o-holic’s we are hoping the enclosed can satisfy your cravings.
We also added a plethora of “Lifesavers” for the “Lifesavers,” because everyday you effect so many and play a vital role in making the difference in the lives of others. We have provided multiple flavors for your enjoyment; it only seemed appropriate as you handle multiple calls for service effectively.
After you have eaten your various snacks such as the Twix, Butterfingers, Reeces, mints, sunflower seeds, popcorn, and other candies we have included items such as Tums, and Rolaids. At this point if all the food has been eaten you will be needing these two items. We hate to tell you this but because of staffing shortages you are not going to be able to go home sick, so we figured we would deliver the remedy to you…after all our candy created the problem!
Sometimes too much chocolate can create a headache. So to eliminate this issue we have enclosed a bottle of Excedrin to address that. Once again you’re probably short staffed and you
3228 Gun Club Road �� West Palm Beach, Florida 33406-3001 �� (561) 688-3000 �� http://www.pbso.org
- 1 -
4/29/2007 \\pbsohome\users\robbinsm\Virgina Tech Letter.doc
- 2 -
4/29/2007 \\pbsohome\users\robbinsm\Virgina Tech Letter.doc
are going to have to work through that migraine. If in the event that your headache leaves you with dry eyes, don’t worry we have a cure for that as well, included is a bottle of visine. It gets the red out.
Now for those of you that haven’t gotten sick from the goodie basket, your at risk. We have included a bottle of Vitamin C so that you can maintain your good health and continue to feel FAB YOU LAS!
If smells are what put you in a better mood, we have provided some Glade air fresheners. They also come in handy if anyone happens to burn the popcorn we sent, like some folks seem to do here. (I believe every Communications Center has that one employee that is unaware of an actual popcorn button on the microwave to prevent any over exposure of the kernels. Apparently it’s an epidemic.)
Being that here in Palm Beach County we have some very classy resorts and spa’s we wanted you to experience a little taste of the good life of relaxation. We have included a various assortment of aromatherapy products to distress your self’s. Just spray some spray, and use the matching lotions, but you’ll have to close your eyes and pretend that a professional is the one administering the products to you. We could send the products, but we didn’t have a big enough budget to ship a masseuse to accompany along with. Knowing how much you are all working right now, we understand that you do not have enough time to schedule your routine facials, so we have provided you with no mess facials so that you can actually conduct a facial while at the console.
For those of you that are putting in extended hours with no days off, we are sure that you are sporting some serious luggage underneath your eyes. Under eye puffiness is a serious problem. We have enclosed some eye masks to help you address that issue. No matter how much you are working, you must maintain the appearance that you are not mentally and physically exhausted.
From sitting at the consoles for long periods of time, we are quite sure that your neck or shoulders are suffering from poor posture at this point. To address that we have provided you with some Thermacare heat wraps to knock out that problem.
Sometimes we all need a break from the computers and police work. So if your mind needs a challenge, we have sent several variations of word puzzle, jumble, and mind twister books. (If you are reading this letter and realize that you are the one that burnt the popcorn because you didn’t not realize that there was a popcorn button on the microwave, then you should probably not attempt the mind challenge crossword puzzle book, you may be more of a candidate to give yourself a facial instead.)
Now, if the noise of the police radio and ringing phones are becoming overwhelming, don’t worry we have a solution for that too. Just unplug those phones, turn off the police radio, and pop in one of the two relaxing CD’s. After listening to the Zen garden musical sounds for a few minutes, you should be rejuvenated enough to turn the police radio up, plug back the phone lines, and continue your shift. Remember, you can’t go home!
We just want you to know how much we respect you all for the job you do everyday and night. You, in Communications, are the nucleus of your department and should be commended for the professionalism that you display to the public, your officers, and each other. From our Communications family to yours, we hope that you all enjoy our version of the stress-free care package.

05-31-2007, 04:07 PM
Was this a joke or was this actually sent ?
Oh My God !

05-31-2007, 06:16 PM
What commo sent the letter.

05-31-2007, 08:19 PM
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SAY THAT WAS A JOKE AND NOT WHAT WAS SENT ! ! :shock:

If that was actually sent, i may have to revoke the 5 cent rides for the commo ladies.

06-01-2007, 10:14 AM
PLEASE SAY THAT WAS A JOKE AND NOT WHAT WAS SENT ! ! :shock:

If that was actually sent, imay have to revoke the 5 cent rides for the commo ladies.

After all, you still won't charge the guys, will ya?

06-05-2007, 05:36 AM
Whoever is in charge should be fired...What a disgrace...but I'm sure the lowest man/woman on the food chain will ultimately be blamed...Yeah WPPD dispatch just bit off more than they can chew...

06-05-2007, 05:53 PM
that letter looked like a joke I am just wondering who wrote it?

06-29-2007, 09:47 PM
I know who wrote it. This woman hate's me with a passion :D and can't wait for me to get run over some night. I wish I could say who but she's looking for somehing to get me in trouble for. Yes, I heard that this is the actual letter sent by "ONE" dispatcher, not the commo center. I really feel bad for the educated and competent dispatchers who had nothing to do with this, because many people think it was everone's idea up there. This is not true. But, I can tell you this, it was funny as hell to read and it sure did make my day.

Commo Dispatch
06-29-2007, 10:25 PM
Well, I am not on her "crap" list that I know of, but I will tell you all who it is, heck it says it right in the letter :

"/29/2007 \\pbsohome\users\robbinsm\Virgina Tech Letter.doc "

I personally was oblivious when this went on, accept we were donating to the cause. Then all of a sudden, the letter came out and said "This is what I sent up to VA"... I just keep my mouth shut, because apparently she can do no wrong.

Any employee who gets "Employee of the Month" for doing everything but their job, they have to have someone in their back pocket, am I right? LOL

07-02-2007, 04:43 AM
what a horrible letter, and for the record only one person in commo wrote this letter.. the rest of them had no say so and some of them didnt even know about the letter... im putting my head down in shame for the decent people...looks like a 5th grader wrote it... HORRIBLE!!! and a training officer at that...isnt it wonderful to see what they promote upstairs??