PDA

View Full Version : pay and benefits

05-14-2007, 07:06 AM
I just read where the median pay wage in the US for professionals is $120,000.00 yearly. I guess that puts me and most of you in the poverty area. We have to stand up to City Hall and DEMAND a real serious raise and better benefits. My Taxes didn't just go up 3%, Or my power bill, or gas prices or the cost of feeding my family. They buget for 9-10% and offer us a ridiculous amount, so that we'll think we did well when Shubert says Oh Ok, we'll go to 3-3.5%. Why do you think this guy keeps his job? He gets paid well to screw us out of a living. We need a Cola in our pension also...our money isn't going to be worth much by the time we retire. To think that I protect strangers so that when I retire I'll have to go to work somewhere else just to pay Health Insurance or buy food for my family is outrageous. Forget the Union fighting very hard for us. If we don't insist on them moving FASTER and STRONGER, they won't. We better get it while we can because it can always get worse. I just don't trust City Hall to care about me and my family even though I help protect them and theirs.

05-15-2007, 05:31 AM
You must be new.

Tell ya what, you get beat up by the city at the next negotioans and see what it does to your words. Go for it, maybe they will listen to someone who has been on for, what, 6 mos by your tone, more than someone that has been here 20yrs.

Go for it sparkey :lol:

05-15-2007, 01:06 PM
Nundude, you aren't saying anything that many of us haven't said. This is the attitude that city hall has towards it employees'. BE LUCKY THAT YOU HAVE A JOB.

Sad but true.....

05-15-2007, 05:25 PM
I know that it is tuff to get anywhere with the city on contracts but I am tired of working 8Hrs of largo med every week plus the invests and other things that are asked of me to be able to pay all the bills. I'm not getting ahead and it frustrates me. The city needs to relize what it costs to live these days and then be willing to toss out a 10-13% pay increase. Its nice to have the OT when you need some extra money but its also nice to just work the 40 and be with the family and still pay the bills.

05-17-2007, 03:39 PM
if you need all that ot just to pay the bills you are living outside of your means. maybe the boat was a bad idea. or maybe it was the jet ski, or the motorcycle, or the divorce, or the giant tv that you obviously couldnt afford. there are many people here who are able to live comfortably without hustling from one ot job to another.

05-25-2007, 05:17 AM
priorities - you sound as though you are addressing someone specific? do you know that person posted the original thread, or are you just talking out of your mud-maker... like most of the other infantile circle jerks on this website.

05-25-2007, 02:46 PM
Hey Pud, You are right we get paid shizzit and the benefits suck and the city sucks. BUT.... if you are indeed "nu" then I know you don't have a college degree. SO, try and find another job that pays you over 40k.

We all feel the pinch and the city will never care cuz the ones making the decisions all make over 100k. It's law enforcement, you are not going to be rich. Invest wisely and you will be fine. Just stop whineing like a little *****!

06-09-2007, 06:45 AM
Everyone is in a hiring freez and a lot of new hires are going to be laid off soon. What makes you think you will get any pay raise. Take it from someone who is trying like hell to get work, you are lucky to have a damn job! Be thankful for what you have and keep your mouth shut.