PDA

View Full Version : PAY SCALE

05-13-2007, 11:12 PM
I read on another thread that road deputies and jail deputies make the same money, as your experience level increases, 5 yrs on the road, the same in jail, is your pay still the same ?

What does a topped out jail/road deputy make ?

What about supervisors (Sgt and Lt's) jail/road ?

Thanks, getting ready to retire from another agency.

05-15-2007, 04:30 AM
Is this a closely guarded secret ? I know that applicants with prior LE experience can start at up to 44k. I was wondering how raises work being that there is no contract between the Deputies and the County, in addition I was wondering what supervisors make. I just looking for ballpark figures, best guesstimates.....just doing a little comparative shopping before i decide on an agency.

veteranrookie
05-15-2007, 06:01 AM
I would suggest visiting our website:

http://www.colliersheriff.org/careers/a ... avail1.asp (http://www.colliersheriff.org/careers/available/avail1.asp)

Yes, all deputies jail and road patrol start at the same rate and get raises at the same rate. There is no special incentive given to road patrol deputies over jail deputies as far as pay is concerned. I think it's still the same when I started; 5% increase in pay for experience. You receive a 2.7% raise on your annual evaluation every year. Corporals get a 5% increase in pay, once promoted. I think our sergeants make in the range of 49K-86K if I'm not mistaken (correct me if I'm wrong, anyone who is sure).

As far as what Lt's and Cpt's make, I know that at the rank of Lt. you start on salary and get paid for time in service, but I couldn't tell you what they make. Maybe one of them will answer on here and be able to tell you. It must not be that enticing for some of our sergeants because I've heard one or two of them state they wouldn't take the pay cut. If you've been doing this awhile you probably know the disadvantages associated with being salary vs. hourly.

Benefits are comparable and good as far as medical and dental go, and State retirement, of course. Take home car for folks that live in county. It's not too shabby. Any other questions let us know, someone will get a post on here eventually.

Good luck finding what you're looking for. I can say, there probably isn't an SO out there that could convince me to leave, based on what I saw relating to benefits and pay. We have it pretty good here.

Curios George
05-15-2007, 09:30 AM
Quote from Vetranrookie: "Good luck finding what you're looking for. I can say, there probably isn't an SO out there that could convince me to leave, based on what I saw relating to benefits and pay. We have it pretty good here."

Amen brother!!

05-15-2007, 05:12 PM
agreed that things here aree pretty good. but things could be better and by now you probly all know what i mean by that

veteranrookie
05-15-2007, 09:02 PM
agreed that things here aree pretty good. but things could be better and by now you probly all know what i mean by that

Yeah, with as much as you pound it down our throats, like a 4 year old who throws a tantrum for a piece of candy he will never get, we do know what you mean.

05-15-2007, 10:55 PM
tatum throws candy to four year olds?

05-16-2007, 02:18 AM
No, Tatum throws candy AT 4 year olds...... we love you Glen

05-16-2007, 02:52 AM
I throw Tatum candy. What is the big deal. He likes to eat my candy.

05-16-2007, 09:17 AM
tatum like candy...hmmmmm

veteranrookie
05-16-2007, 12:07 PM
:lol: you guys r nuts.

and retnuh, I do admire your persistence with that message. I even respect your opinion, believe it or not. Plz don't take my post the wrong way, I saw an oppurtunity to crack a joke and had to take it.

and for the record, I didn't start the rumor about Tatum and 4 year olds.... :shock:

Aint dat a Bitch
06-05-2007, 03:11 AM
I'm still waiting for a "Review" to determine where my pay stands in line with the "Norm". All in all I can not complain about anything, but would like a little more consistancy with how decisions are made (ie: pay scale)

06-05-2007, 04:30 PM
vetren rookie, i take no offense. i do not pound things down throats either. the administration does that. ove rthe many years here i have gotten a thick skinn so to speek. not even those rose colored glassses wearing george an paradize have enven the slightest chance of offending me. say what you will as i respect it all. and i will say what i willl... time for a new sheriff.

06-06-2007, 12:55 AM
Things could always be better, but then again they could be worse also. If Hunter was to lose and a "New Sheriff" came to town, what makes anyone think that they will be any better. I started here almost 20 years ago @ $7.00 an hour. I now make a slight more than that. You should be careful what you wish for, because one day it will come true and you could be working for a moron or dictator. No process or person is perfect and we should make the best of what we have versus complaining and making only ourselves miserable. Just a thought.

06-06-2007, 09:26 AM
define dictator...we've got one!

Paradise
06-06-2007, 09:55 AM
define dictator...we've got one!

A dictator means that you are forced to work for a person even if you do not want to. You asked for the job and got it. If you do not want to voluntarily work for the Sheriff that signs your pay check then all you have to do is quit. Imagine that, if you did work for a dictator, you could not quit without paying for it with your's or your family’s' life...you think about that before you carelessly claim a serious situation to be yours when in fact it is not even close.

06-06-2007, 07:19 PM
so you are saying the sheriff's office is a democracy?

06-06-2007, 07:55 PM
Of course it's a democracy...where else can you work and actually complete a survey or vote for the type of schedule you want to work.

06-06-2007, 08:17 PM
yes...the survey...i remember the results didn't match what we discussed...i like the decision they told me i made...very satisfied

06-07-2007, 12:39 AM
Lets all fall to our knees beside paradise and give thanks to the high and mighty don for our jobs and our very lives. No one can take dons place. he is the only one who can lead the ccso. All hail and worship don hunter or else paradise will get you.

06-07-2007, 03:55 AM
I do not think that anyone believes that Sheriff Hunter is the one and only person that can lead this agency. Sheriff Hunter is the "Man" right now and we should respect that. I do not work for a dicator, I work for a boss who has not done me wrong in my many years. Do I like everything that I see and hear, "NO", but I control what I can and move on from there. There are issues in every job, and their are bosses that people do not like but people do their job everyday. Guess what, if you don't like working in Patrol then transfer to CID, YRB, VNB,........ and vice versa. No one forces anyone to stay where they are not happy. I can assure you that if you go out and try to make ours miserable, then plan on the "Heat" coming down onto you. If everyone worked as hard at work as they do on this message board, then our agency who be truly the BEST.

06-07-2007, 11:28 AM
Well said guest, I agree. No agency is perfect. The Sheriff is not perfect. It seems like most people can only find the negative in things when there are plenty of good things. I work with a great bunch of guys. If i did not like what i did, where I worked or the people I worked with I would leave.

My comment about working for a democratic agency was a dig at the way the decision to work these shifts was made. The jail and d-4 have one type of schedule and 1,2,3,7 AND 8 have another. When the schedule in the jail went to the every other week end off, Capt Freeman came into briefing and told us when it was going into effect and to adjust accordingly. There was no vote. Now people can say " Thats what you voted for." Well I for one did not want to work 4 twelve hour shifts in a row.

I'm tired, I' going to bed.

06-08-2007, 01:23 AM
zonedroen is right that there is a good deal of good here and that no way can everyone be totallly pleased all the time. i have said befour and will say again that Hunter has done in the past much good for the CCSO and its members. do not misunderstand when i say thatt thatt i mean he has done only good. he has done much good but not all good. like zondrone said no one is perfect. i been here well over to decades as long as Hunter has been sherff here and then some. all in all i would like to see a qualifiied person take over. we need to brake out of this stagnantion and theis horrible good old boy system that has riseen from the grave. i am tired too but got to get some food and then offto bed.

Curios George
06-08-2007, 05:51 AM
If anyone else just read what retnuh has written and was left shaking their head in confusion, allow me to translate what he was attempting to say before Mr. Beam or Mr. Daniels signal 24 his keyboard. (And who says ole' George does not have a heart?)

Translated Version:

Zonedrone is correct when stating that there is a good deal of good here at CCSO and that not everyone will be totally pleased all the time.

I have said before and I will say it again that Sheriff Hunter has done a lot of good for CCSO and its members. Do not misunderstand me when I say that. I mean that he has done good but not all good. Like Zondrone said, “No one is perfect”.

I have been here well over two decades; as long as Hunter has been sheriff here and then some. All in all, I would like to see a qualified person take over. We need to brake out of this stagnation and this horrible good old boy system that has risen from the grave.

I am tired now. I need to get some food and then go to bed.

veteranrookie
06-08-2007, 12:21 PM
If anyone else needs the language line feel free to contact Curious George, via a PM. This asset is available 24 hours a day 7 days a week...

When you PM please specify what language you need. The following languages are available for translation:

Ebonics
Redneck
Signal-2 person
Yankee (must specify, i.e New Yorker, Canadian, etc.)

Paparazzi LEO
06-08-2007, 04:23 PM
Now thats funny. You two crack me up!

Aint dat a Bitch
06-08-2007, 06:11 PM
No, what's funny is that I did not see anything wrong with the original version. I must of had too much rum cake when I read it.

06-08-2007, 06:25 PM
george is an ASSet

06-09-2007, 12:56 AM
ya it was funny. and forr the rec ord it was vodka not wiskey
:lol: