PDA

View Full Version : United is the only way...

05-10-2007, 11:33 PM
The only way that we are going to get anything is by uniting and demanding what is just. Everyone’s heard that strength increases by numbers, so let’s do it and quit posting personal shots. If you have beef with anyone, be a man and confront that person one on one. The most important thing is that we all work here and the more separated we are the more ground they gain on us. Don’t forget that we are each other’s 15’s. Love your brothers and sisters…

05-11-2007, 02:55 PM
"Old Cop" you are 100 % right! However, we are so divided it is ridiculous. Just the other day I told someone that the administration could not discipline you for writing an average of under two citations a month. However, this person right away said no! We have fought that battle before and lost. So I challenged them to find me one counseling or any type of discipline that stated the officer was being discipline for writing under an average of 2.0 tickets a month or anything like that which uses the number 2.0 in it?

Guess what he could not! Why because the city can issue discipline for performing below the average patrol officer. So if everyone is writing at least two tickets, you will get discipline for writing below the standard. However, if everyone was writing closer to an average of one citation a day they would not be able to write you up. Yes I know that there will always be a few individuals that will kiss A$s and write more. However, that does not matter. What matters is what 80% to 90% of the patrol force writes. But we all know how divided they have us and that can never be done. Just like we can not get more than 10 people to picket the Mayor's residence! Yes his residence and not on a 62!!!!

So be happy with what you have and stop whining for more because none of us as a union or membership deserve anything more. Mr. Concepcion you are more powerful than our Union!!!!

PS I challenge anyone to find any disciplinary action reference citations which states on it the words an average of 2.0 citations per day or month!!!!

:x

05-12-2007, 01:24 PM
We have never been truly united. We succomb and back down Look how we protested the "significant" raise in the extra duty rate. If nobody worked the jobs, maybe more would have come our way. Look how quickly the K. Festival filled up. Last year it was paid at the OT rate. Anyway, we don't have a leader in the ranks who can unite us, involve the PBA and make a stand.

05-12-2007, 07:28 PM
Why dont we have a meeting with our reps and separate the satisfied from the hungry. Which one of them would have the nutz to admit they want to hear from all of us and have a meeting.

05-12-2007, 10:07 PM
PFL the only concern I have is the lack of money we're receiving and nothing else. But then again how can we discuss this issue when an overwhelming number of us signed off on our contract(including myself). According to the reps we weren't going to get anything better so that is why I signed but it doesn't mean that me nor the rest of the majority who signed were happy with the crap we got. Look back 20 years and notice that if we didn't take the bone then we went without eating for several years. The Lt. V thing is already being addressed so what else do you guys want to discuss or are angry about? Guys check out the thread someone wrote about the tickets. This I also heard early last week and it seems to be accurate. 40% below last years ticket total is great which is stirring up some commotion. I'm sure your Sgt. will start addressing this issue next week or in the near future. If the majority(I know not everyone will buy into this) were to give your 2 tics and nothing more then that number will continue to be low. Then maybe the Mayor will realize geez they just got a new contract and we continue to lose people and ticket's continue to go down. Oh yeah major crimes(I.E robberies) have gone sky high. Maybe then he will realize that we're very disgruntled and that is why the show of low performance. Maybe then our reps could schedule a meeting with our Mayor and show him the low stats across the board and correlate that with unhappy officers. If we continue to perform like "company men" like Sgt. Luis stated in another thread then the Mayor will see an overall decrease in crime and an increase in citations which will make it seem like wow we have happy officers and I'm sure he'll make that statement in the paper and the media. I could just see it now, "Crime in Hialeah has decreased significantly due to the satisfaction of a contract the officers received". Guys all this jargon for this last statement:::::::: Perform to the minimums and everything will be ok. I love you all