PDA

View Full Version : Where to start...

05-10-2007, 04:09 AM
The Chief? The favoritism? The contract? BSO? ahh Ill let someone else pick.

05-10-2007, 09:13 PM
Tell me more. It can not be worse than where I work.

05-10-2007, 09:23 PM
I gotta quick question. I did my oral board, backround, and psych for WMPD. They sent me a letter that said "We were fortunate to have had alot of applicants but we chose a more well qualified applicant for the position." Or somthing to that effect. Does this mean I failed the psych? Does this mean I passed the psych and just wasn't chosen for the job offer? I would just like to know for future reference with other departments. I'd really appriciate an input from some of you guys. Be Safe!

05-11-2007, 12:00 AM
The only thing I can say to that is "COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS"!!!!!!!!!!!!
Somebody upstairs is looking out for you. With that, start applying at REAL POLICE DEPARTMENTS. Read this board long enough and you will see what I am talking about. Good luck.

05-11-2007, 05:59 PM
I've been hearing some horrendous things about your dept lately. Mostly about the chief and his lying, favoritism and unethical behaviour. If half of the stuff I hear is true you guys need to come over and work with us at S.O. Can any of you guys comment on the rumors about your chief? Are they true?

05-11-2007, 07:03 PM
The community of Wilton manors should really start talking to their police officers to see how they are being treated by the Chief and his Administration. Somebody should be asking for some prices from BSO to take over fast!

05-11-2007, 09:23 PM
I left WMPD in 2004 for a bigger agency but for it's size it was a kick butt PD and I had a great amount of respect for my Sgt, other officers, and the Chief and his Staff. In keeping contact with my buddies, it is now a HORRIBLE place to work with this new chief from Fort Lauderdale PD who brought the culture of that pd to wilton manors. Now you have an agency filled with backstabbing, "yes" men & women, fear, intimidation and retaliation. And I forgot, A certain Sgt having a "special" relationship with a certain Police Aide. That ought to get to the press asap. The Mayor Scott Newton and City Manager J. Gallegos and the rest of the City Council (Gary Resnick,Craig Sherrit,Ted Galatis & Joe Angelo) ought to be held accountable for their destruction of the WMPD and threating the safety of that community.

05-11-2007, 09:57 PM
Hey big guy. Can I be "On your team?" Cuz then maybe I can lie and cheat and get away with it. Who knows I might even get a promotion out of it. ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!

05-12-2007, 12:16 PM
Life in the Wilton Manors Police Department is like a box of stale chocolates. On the outside, you see that great chocolate covering and it looks delicious. When you take that bite, the inside makes you sick to your stomach.

05-12-2007, 07:50 PM
does any one else find it funny that the chief teaches ethics at the police acedemy?

05-12-2007, 08:04 PM
lol are you serious?!

05-14-2007, 09:12 AM
"We were fortunate to have had alot of applicants but we chose a more well qualified applicant for the position." Or somthing to that effect. Does this mean I failed the psych? Does this mean I passed the psych and just wasn't chosen for the job offer? I would just like to know for future reference with other departments. I'd really appriciate an input from some of you guys. Be Safe!

All this means is that you were not fired from another agency, your not gay, and you dont have a criminal background. Apply to a real agency.

And as far as the Chief goes... The Chief is the furthest thing from a leader. This particular love affair is well known to the Chief. The PSA's exhusband is/was friends with the Chief when he was with FLPD and knew about the affair. This "leader" swept the affair under the rug and sent his friend packing and let the bs continue.

The Chief also allowed his nephew, who ahad to be shot twice by an officer at FAU, come serve his COMMUNITY SERVICE!!! for battery leo at the wilton manors police department.

Any other questions just ask.

Oh and Sgt.s dont try and help out the new guys or suggest other PD's to work for and get treated fairly because you will just get demoted. But dont worry the first gay Sgt is going to be promoted.

05-16-2007, 01:06 AM
This is a direct quote from FAQ. If you are concerned about posting, please read and put your mind at ease.

How secure are the identities of posters in the Message Boards?

Everyone is ultimately responsible for what they post (refer to FREEDOM OF SPEECH found under Pressing Issues in our Links section). We do, however, hold our user’s IP addresses as confidential. That said, we could be forced to release a user’s IP address in the event a law was broken and a legal subpoena was served against us. If we were compelled to provide such IP information on a user, the investigating agency would normally still have to serve another subpoena to the Internet Service Provider (ISP) who owns the IP address in order to find out who was using that IP address on a specific date and time. It is important to remember to not break any criminal or civil laws (i.e. defamation of character) when posting.

05-16-2007, 02:16 AM
Wilton Manors PD has never been a happy place to work. There was always backstabbing before the new chief got there, but since he's been there, he has not made it any better. If you are a woman looking for a good place to get a lawsuit, WM would be the place to start working. With the exception of a couple of SGT.'s, the leaders there are abusive in their actions and their language towards female officers. I left wilton manors a long time ago and thank GOD I did.

As far as the new chief is concerned, it is not cool to allow a PSA (who was married) to date her sgt (who is also married) and not separate their shifts. He allowed them to work together and go on trips together "training". That's really low of him, that's really low of her and that's really low of the sgt who engaged with her. Shame on Wilton Manors, they need to become BSO.

wmstinks99
05-17-2007, 03:11 PM
Wasn't the new chief suppose to build the department into a great place to work? What on earth does he think he is doing? This isn't the Mafia. He can be easily voted out by a no confidence vote. And why did Wilton Manors get rid of the prior chief? At least he respected everyone and treated everyone like family. The problem was not with him, it was with the few leaders within that were causing problems. Wilton Manors is too small a department to have favoritism and intimidation leadership styles.

05-18-2007, 02:17 PM
I've been hearing some horrendous things about your dept lately. Mostly about the chief and his lying, favoritism and unethical behaviour. If half of the stuff I hear is true you guys need to come over and work with us at S.O. Can any of you guys comment on the rumors about your chief? Are they true?
When did the S.O. stop all of their lying, favoritism and unethical behavior? Don't you read the papers?

05-20-2007, 01:06 AM
Read the paper???? I do not need to read the paper. I am living the life of favoritism (or in many of our cases, lack of), unethical behavior, retaliation, fear and intimidation. That PD fosters a terrible atmosphere for a healthy work environment. ANY police department would be a major step up since WM is below dirt level. So, unless you have lived or are living the WMPD experience, go post to another department that may listen to you.

05-24-2007, 03:06 PM
Yes, every department is going to have their issues and every department is going to have some level of favoritism and backstabbing going on. BUT, Wilton Manors is way too small (unlike BSO) to conduct themselves in this manner. Just one puppet can destroy the atmosphere there.

A recent event says it all. The event was a birthday party for the puppet sgt where only the chief and one other officer was invited. I never got an invitation. I thought they were my friends too, but I guess actions speak louder than words.

05-28-2007, 01:34 AM
I too left Wilton Manors a while back. There were good times and there were bad times. For the most part, I enjoyed working there but just needed more. It's a great starter agency or a retirement agency. I learned a lot while there. I still have a few friends who work there. There are a few leaders there who would do anything to support their people and then there are those who would sell their mothers out to get ahead. We know who they are.

I have heard a lot of things that have happened with the new chief. Intimidation and revenge are not a good way to run WM. It is too small and that just causes separation with the troops. The troops have to be able to trust their leaders. If their leader cannot support his/her troops, then basically the army does not exist.

05-29-2007, 01:25 AM
How about a big fat vote of no confidence for this guy. The only ones who would vote against it are obvious and blatant suck ups.

05-31-2007, 05:46 PM
A vote of no confidence will only give the city commision the confirmation they have been looking for. This "chief" had a well known reputation before he was hired, just ask FLPD. Another, more qualified lakeland applicant, was passed up for the position. The city knew what they were doing by giving him the job. Once the vote has been completed the city would give the final yes or NO, look at Davie...

06-02-2007, 05:49 PM
How about a big fat vote of no confidence for this guy. The only ones who would vote against it are obvious and blatant suck ups.

You have my note of NO Confidence!!!!!!

06-03-2007, 11:44 PM
How Wilton Manors hired this guy(chief) is beyond belief. I retired from flpd in 2003 and it was well known what a screwup and backstabber he was. Brasfield came very close to terminating him and should have when he had the chance. They buried him in admin and had him push paper. Your City Manager , Mayor & Commissioners really scraped the bottom of the barrell to pick this guy.

06-04-2007, 01:11 AM
How Wilton Manors hired this guy(chief) is beyond belief. I retired from flpd in 2003 and it was well known what a screwup and backstabber he was. Brasfield came very close to terminating him and should have when he had the chance. They buried him in admin and had him push paper. Your City Manager , Mayor & Commissioners really scraped the bottom of the barrell to pick this guy.

Well for one thing, we are the least priority to the city. Its not that they dislike us, they hate us. They all think that we are just of bunch of lazy good for nothing cops. They will miss us when we are gone. :snicker:

06-04-2007, 01:24 AM
Quote for the day

The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office

Dwight D Eisenhower

06-04-2007, 01:54 AM
I have been browsing threads from many cities on this site for quite a while. I usually see some one saying something good about the issue or defending the person being discussed. What I find interseting is that it seems no one from your agency finds any redeeming qualities in this individual. Perhaps it is time to make a statement through your union and get rid of this person. At least expose him to his superiors if that has not already been done. Good luck. Sounds like you'll need it.

06-06-2007, 10:11 PM
I have been browsing threads from many cities on this site for quite a while. I usually see some one saying something good about the issue or defending the person being discussed. What I find interseting is that it seems no one from your agency finds any redeeming qualities in this individual. Perhaps it is time to make a statement through your union and get rid of this person. At least expose him to his superiors if that has not already been done. Good luck. Sounds like you'll need it.

Or..................... maybe we can send all the involved personnel to an ethics class at the academy. OH, thats a good one!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

06-09-2007, 01:38 AM
Used to be a cool little PD to work for. Back in the 90's. Not a bad place to do a couple of years. But once the reality sets it, you'll need to get out and go to a real agency. It is not a long term place to be a COPPER.

06-09-2007, 01:18 PM
Now they ask that in the interviews... "are your intentions to stay here long term?" "Ummm, yea?"

06-10-2007, 08:18 PM
I left WMPD in 2004 for a bigger agency but for it's size it was a kick butt PD and I had a great amount of respect for my Sgt, other officers, and the Chief and his Staff. In keeping contact with my buddies, it is now a HORRIBLE place to work with this new chief from Fort Lauderdale PD who brought the culture of that pd to wilton manors. Now you have an agency filled with backstabbing, "yes" men & women, fear, intimidation and retaliation. And I forgot, A certain Sgt having a "special" relationship with a certain Police Aide. That ought to get to the press asap. The Mayor Scott Newton and City Manager J. Gallegos and the rest of the City Council (Gary Resnick,Craig Sherrit,Ted Galatis & Joe Angelo) ought to be held accountable for their destruction of the WMPD and threating the safety of that community.

I know it's a cliche, but I believe an appropriate one -

"those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones"

Before you go making assumptions about situations with which you have NO knowledge, look in YOUR closet at your own skeletons first.

06-10-2007, 10:39 PM
Hey old wise one, which one in the above post are you talking about? fear,intimidation,yes men and women,retaliation, flpd culture, the horrible place to work Or was it the "special relationship" one that got to ya. And which one is it that people have NO knowledge about. just wonderin... Do you feel like talking about it? Cuz we'd luv to hear it.

06-10-2007, 11:13 PM
[quote="Former officer":o2fl3llz]I left WMPD in 2004 for a bigger agency but for it's size it was a kick butt PD and I had a great amount of respect for my Sgt, other officers, and the Chief and his Staff. In keeping contact with my buddies, it is now a HORRIBLE place to work with this new chief from Fort Lauderdale PD who brought the culture of that pd to wilton manors. Now you have an agency filled with backstabbing, "yes" men & women, fear, intimidation and retaliation. And I forgot, A certain Sgt having a "special" relationship with a certain Police Aide. That ought to get to the press asap. The Mayor Scott Newton and City Manager J. Gallegos and the rest of the City Council (Gary Resnick,Craig Sherrit,Ted Galatis & Joe Angelo) ought to be held accountable for their destruction of the WMPD and threating the safety of that community.

I know it's a cliche, but I believe an appropriate one -

"those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones"

Before you go making assumptions about situations with which you have NO knowledge, look in YOUR closet at your own skeletons first.[/quote:o2fl3llz]

I do not know and maybe I am just reading into this a bit to much, but it appears as though "Former Officer" has touched a nerve. :devil:

06-12-2007, 02:31 AM
I worked with R Perez for over 12 years at FLPD. He has to be one of the most unqualified person to be placed in a supervisory position I have ever seen. He has the brains of a gnat and ego the size of a basketball. How did he get to be Chief. Ask him his involvment in the CB investigation a few years back. Should have been fired then and taken out of law enforcement.

06-12-2007, 11:17 PM
I worked with R Perez for over 12 years at FLPD. He has to be one of the most unqualified person to be placed in a supervisory position I have ever seen. He has the brains of a gnat and ego the size of a basketball. How did he get to be Chief. Ask him his involvment in the CB investigation a few years back. Should have been fired then and taken out of law enforcement.

Hey XFLPD....That is a terrible thing to say and you should be ashamed of yourself. Comparing his brain to a gnat. I happen to like gnats and that comparison is terrible for the gnat. Someone needs to stick up for the defenseless gnat.

I remember the CB investigation and Oh Yea.....Did you also get that phone call to stay home on that particular day? That hurt alot of my friends and the one that should have taken the fall, GETS AWAY WITH IT!!!!!!One officer even committed suicide after being fired. He constantly gets away with all the bad things and then tries to come off as a good caring person. We all know better.

06-15-2007, 03:27 AM
I worked the old 43 zone in pompano for years. You hated to call FLPD for a backup.Even worse if they sent Rick Perez. Better off taking chances by yourself. He was and probably is so inept as a cop who did he pay off to become a SUPERVISOR in Ft LAUDand then a CHIEF in WILTING MANNERS.SLUG with a capital S. I saw him on channel 7 or 4a few months ago and he looked like he ate way to much Taco Bell. Yo hold the cheese and refied beans please.

06-16-2007, 09:02 PM
Wilton Manors used to be a kick ass, busy, good place to work. It is a shame to read what is happening....

06-16-2007, 11:31 PM
WMPD has seen its ups and downs over the years. The chief from twenty or so years ago only allowed you to do things his way or his way. His successor let anyone do anything with out fear of repercussion, especially if you were on the "A list"or partied with him. The most recent former chief improved some things, but there was still an "A list" and a "B list", especially where his assistant was concerned. He also trusted his assistant way too much and got the shaft. "A listers" would get complaints against them and they would get swept under the rug when they hit the assistant's office. The "B listers" would be called on the carpet and given the maximum punishment. The current chief has made those of us that were on the "B list" under previous administrations feel accepted and appreciated. The former "A listers" do not like that the free ride is over and they are expected to actually earn their salary. With the new chief, I actually enjoy working there again. The politicians are an exception though, as they are anywhere.

06-17-2007, 05:45 PM
"WMPD has seen its ups and downs over the years. The chief from twenty or so years ago only allowed you to do things his way or his way. His successor let anyone do anything with out fear of repercussion, especially if you were on the "A list"or partied with him. The most recent former chief improved some things, but there was still an "A list" and a "B list", especially where his assistant was concerned. He also trusted his assistant way too much and got the shaft. "A listers" would get complaints against them and they would get swept under the rug when they hit the assistant's office. The "B listers" would be called on the carpet and given the maximum punishment. The current chief has made those of us that were on the "B list" under previous administrations feel accepted and appreciated. The former "A listers" do not like that the free ride is over and they are expected to actually earn their salary. With the new chief, I actually enjoy working there again. The politicians are an exception though, as they are anywhere."

I was wondering how long it would take... Comb over traffic guy, go write more women tickets. Its no use trying to kiss his arse on this website, you got your tango position. What are you going to do for 40 now that Bob Barker is off the show?? Uh oh you might actually have to take some calls, but no no, your the DAY TIME DUI guy. Just retire and be a full time boy scout.

06-17-2007, 10:01 PM
This whole mess is because the old chief took everything for granted and put blinders on. He thought it was still the old days when chiefs were chiefs for life. His asst gave up trying. Its her fault too. The politicians wanted a guy to "kick ass" and they got him. They want you to hate him. They are lovin this.

Sysop
06-17-2007, 10:19 PM
I just deleted a post that clearly violated our Terms of Use. Please bear in mind that you can talk about suggestive or even controversial topics, but you cannot call users demeaning names (i.e. stupid, idiot, etc.). For those of you who post within our Terms of Use, I thank you. To the AOL user who chose not to, next time I will be forced to contact AOL and have them take action on your account as well as Ban you from this site.

Thanks for your support!

06-18-2007, 03:13 AM
I am not a cop, and I never worked in or near Wilton Manors. I am so happy for that. After reading what you have to say about each other, I feel sorry for anyone that lives or works in the city of Wilton Manors. Cops are supposed to be a brotherhood, you guys depend on each other to cover each others backs everyday. That is truly scary. I would not trust one of you backstabbers to watch my parked car let alone protect me or my property. The city needs to fire all of you and find police officers that really want to be cops, not self serving backstabbers.

06-18-2007, 12:29 PM
thats the problem they dont hire cops there anymore...they dont want cops...

06-18-2007, 07:57 PM
you would not trust one of us "Backstabbers" we are not all backstabbers. Read the posts- the problem is real cops do not get along with certain new guys who dont respond to code-3 back ups, dont respond to in progress calls, and go to supervisors and flat out lie to get you in trouble and further their careers...would you like to work with peoplke like that? That is why some people posted the way they did! You are probably not a cop so you would not uderstand why people were complaining!! And you are also wrong when you stated you wouldnt trust us with watching your car...some of the new people do a great job with parking enforcement and sitting around counting cars on the Wilton drive - i assure you if you asked them to watch you car nothing would happen to it they would spend the entire shift watching your car and let someone else handle the occupied sig-10's and sig-21's

06-18-2007, 10:21 PM
Alright lets stop all this negaitivity and get back to work. This is a wonderful place to work and pursue a career. Just ask me. Would you all like me to sing you a song?

06-19-2007, 01:33 AM
Alright lets stop all this negaitivity and get back to work. This is a wonderful place to work and pursue a career. Just ask me. Would you all like me to sing you a song?

He was born in the summer of his 27th year
Comin home to a place hed never been before
He left yesterday behind him, you might say he was born again
You might say he found a key for every door

Its a colorado rocky mountain high
Ive seen it rainin fire in the sky
Friends around the campfire and everybodys high
Rocky mountain high (high colorado) rocky mountain high (high colorado)
Rocky mountain high (high colorado) rocky mountain high do de do
:evil: :cop:

06-19-2007, 08:07 PM
Almost heaven, West Virginia (Tennessee)
Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Life is old there, older than the trees
Younger than the mountains, blowing like a breeze

Country roads, take me home
To the place, I be-long
West Virginia, (Tennessee) mountain momma
Take me home, Country Roads

06-21-2007, 02:11 AM
Hey guys, It almost makes me cry to see my guys in such a state, growing to hate each other. Remember when we used to spend 40 at Wag's on OPB at 4am and get a code 3 and 14 cops, WM,OPPD, FLPD and OJ BSO would all get up together and go have fun. Remember when Ricky whould get an arrest, then Brian, then Chad, then Brian P., then Chuck or Gonz. I'd yell "where are we going to put all these prisoners!" Amy would have 6 prisoners already run and confirmed. Everyone would kick in and help each other. While your sarg (Moi) was out handling calls or applying white out on strategic locations. Please try and care about each other again. I miss you all. :cry: :cry:

07-03-2007, 03:59 AM
I worked for WMPD from 80-83. I had a great time working there and made a lot of good friends. I left to go to Pompano PD in order to work in a larger environment. Even after all of these years, I still have fond memories of the PD and the times I had there. Everyone posting here should understand EVERY agency has it's ups and downs. Nothing is forever. Just do your job and make the best of it. Hopefully one day you'll be able to just look back and say you had a great time, because it passes fast.

07-03-2007, 10:29 PM
Hey Tony i work there and i have heard your name numerous times. ALL GOOD. I heard you were/still are an awesome guy that everyone liked. It is VERY VERY different now!!!!

07-07-2007, 12:28 AM
Man-I thought my old Hollywood PD was messed up till I read the posting about Wilton Manors. I have been gone for over 3 1/2years but thought you guys and girls had a pretty decent and respected PD. Sounds like it imploded. By the way , who is the homewrecker?

07-07-2007, 05:02 PM
Hey guys, When you are convinced you're facing death you look back on stuff and people. You think about your mistakes more than the good things you did. And you learn to accept your fate after death. So rethink the bickering and concentrate on doing something positive. Look at the big picture. Now that I'm pretty sure I'm going to live 20-30 years longer, I have a responsibility to be a better person. Everyone should, without the death sentence. And get a colonoscopy.

07-08-2007, 03:15 PM
Hey guys, When you are convinced you're facing death you look back on stuff and people. You think about your mistakes more than the good things you did. And you learn to accept your fate after death. So rethink the bickering and concentrate on doing something positive. Look at the big picture. Now that I'm pretty sure I'm going to live 20-30 years longer, I have a responsibility to be a better person. Everyone should, without the death sentence. And get a colonoscopy.

Hey Liz, glad to hear all has worked out for you. I run into Rick W every now and then and he tell me you are doing real good. Most wont be able to fully understand your post unless they've "been there"

07-08-2007, 11:04 PM
AND MOST CANT UNDERSTAND OUR POINT UNLESS THEYVE BEEN THERE :twisted:

07-09-2007, 12:58 AM

I have been there and cannot understand the petty whining. There are more important things in life than whining about your problems. Liz knows what she is talking about. You should read the prayer below and take it to heart. Take each day one at a time. You do not know which one will be your last.

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

07-09-2007, 01:21 AM

I have been there and cannot understand the petty whining. There are more important things in life than whining about your problems. Liz knows what she is talking about. You should read the prayer below and take it to heart. Take each day one at a time. You do not know which one will be your last.

good point. maybe some people are just showing the courage to change some things. while some posts may be petty, i think it would be hard for you to say that the rest of the things posted here are petty. they are pointing out signs of a diseased agency.

07-09-2007, 02:14 AM

You're getting paid aren't you. If your unhappy just leave you whining,sniffling little piece of nobody. People like you will never be happy and will always ***** and moan about everything. You feel ( and are) powerless to do anything but hide behind a post and whine. Yopu give the occupation a bad name. You are obviously the new breed of panzy ass cop.

07-09-2007, 03:57 AM
Aw shucks Mr taxpayer. I think your talkin to the wrong guy. I think your talkin to some seasoned cop whose been protectin your sissy but all these years so you can live in a fantasy world and have a pretty little manors now. As far as the new breed, dont think youve met the new breed yet but they are here now and boy are you gonna love the new breed. HAHAHAHAHA. Oh and keep payin those taxes :mrgreen: weze sure do preciate that. :devil:

07-09-2007, 12:27 PM

You're getting paid aren't you. If your unhappy just leave you whining,sniffling little piece of nobody. People like you will never be happy and will always ***** and moan about everything. You feel ( and are) powerless to do anything but hide behind a post and whine. Yopu give the occupation a bad name. You are obviously the new breed of panzy arse cop.

WE ARE ALL TAX PAYERS. but if i thought my police department was being run half as bad as whats on here I would demand change. If things dont change you are really not gonna like your police department or your so called...."new breed of......." Your move taxpayer. Demand that it is fixed or BSO will be here to fix it for you within 1-2 years.

07-10-2007, 12:14 AM

You're getting paid aren't you. If your unhappy just leave you whining,sniffling little piece of nobody. People like you will never be happy and will always ***** and moan about everything. You feel ( and are) powerless to do anything but hide behind a post and whine. Yopu give the occupation a bad name. You are obviously the new breed of panzy arse cop.

Did your chapstick slip on the keyboard????? The proper spelling of you is Y-O-U and not Y-O-P-U.

Your next lesson will be how to be a STAND UP human. Oh... I'm sorry. Some things are impossible to teach. You either are or you are not. You know what catagory you fall into. :oops:

07-10-2007, 01:21 AM
This is not a SLAM site and the Forums should be used constructively. Messages (anonymous or not) accusing anyone (including political candidates) of wrong doing (and/or criminal accusations) without substantial proof or reference are subject to deletion. Use your REAL name unless the need for an Anonymous Message is warranted. Messages not requiring Anonymous status, but being abused, are subject to deletion by System Moderators. Anonymous Messages are not granted the same right to exist that properly identified Messages are. Failure to comply can result in Message deletion and/or access blockage.

Here's an opportunity to voice your opinion, ask questions, become more informed, make a stand or engage in a healthy debate.

You agree that you will not submit Messages to Forums that:

* are unlawful, threatening, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane, or indecent, including any communication that constitutes (or encourages conduct that would constitute) a criminal offense, gives rise to civil liability, or otherwise violates any local, state, national, or international law;

07-10-2007, 04:03 AM
I worked for RP & and the flpd for 18 1/2 years. All DS is a bearer of bad news. She is clueless , that is why she was on airport duty,and is on a mission to get to tenn with PC who is a disgrace to the fop. RP mentality is to search and destroy. I am sure that is what the city council has told him to do. He had a hit list at flpd but the agency was to big and he was not smart enough to do the evil deeds of the new city manager and his plant at the chiefs office and that is why bruce roberts got rid of him through joe gerwens who was on the list to interview the chiefs candidates for the chiefs position. His career and resume was puffed up but in reality he was buried in a fleet position to have little influence on the operations of the PD. To be honest it was a joke that he was picked as chief as it was well known he had problems supervising employees including women. I went to the academy with 2 wmpd officers who always spoke highly of your agency but now they say it is a joke. Good luck

07-11-2007, 11:27 PM
TWO FRIENDS WERE WALKING THROUGH THE DESERT. DURING SOME POINT OF THE JOURNEY, THEY HAD AN ARGUMENT; AND ONE FRIEND SLAPPED THE OTHER ONE IN THE FACE. THE ONE WHO GOT SLAPPED WAS HURT, BUT WITHOUT SAYING ANYTHING, WROTE IN THE SAND: TODAY MY BEST FRIEND SLAPPED ME IN THE FACE.

THEY KEPT ON WALKING, UNTIL THEY FOUND AN OASIS, WHERE THEY DECIDED TO TAKE A BATH.

THE ONE WHO HAD BEEN SLAPPED GOT STUCK IN THE MIRE AND STARTED DROWNING, BUT THE FRIEND SAVED HIM.

AFTER HE RECOVERED FROM THE NEAR DROWNING, HE WROTE ON A STONE:

"TODAY MY BEST FRIEND SAVED MY LIFE ".

THE FRIEND WHO HAD SLAPPED AND SAVED HIS BEST FRIEND ASKED HIM, "AFTER I HURT YOU, YOU WROTE IN THE SAND AND NOW, YOU WRITE ON A STONE, WHY?"

THE FRIEND REPLIED "WHEN SOMEONE HURTS US WE SHOULD WRITE IT DOWN IN SAND, WHERE WINDS OF FORGIVENESS CAN ERASE IT AWAY. BUT, WHEN SOMEONE DOES SOMETHING GOOD FOR US, WE MUST ENGRAVE IT IN STONE WHERE NO WIND CAN EVER ERASE IT."

LEARN TO WRITE YOUR HURTS IN THE SAND AND TO CARVE YOUR BLESSINGS IN STONE.

THEY SAY IT TAKES A MINUTE TO FIND A SPECIAL PERSON, AN HOUR TO APPRECIATE THEM, A DAY TO LOVE THEM, BUT THEN AN ENTIRE LIFE TO FORGET THEM.

SEND THIS PHRASE TO THE PEOPLE YOU'LL NEVER FORGET. I JUST DID.

IF YOU DON'T SEND IT TO ANYONE, IT MEANS YOU'RE IN A HURRY AND THAT YOU'VE FORGOTTEN YOUR FRIENDS. TAKE THE TIME TO LIVE!

DO NOT VALUE THE THINGS YOU HAVE IN YOUR LIFE, BUT VALUE WHO YOU HAVE IN YOUR LIFE !

07-12-2007, 01:20 AM
It is very disturbing to read all of these postings. Needless to say, I am biased in my opinions because there isn't a person at WMPD that I worked with that I have ill feelings for. Actually, I consider everyone I worked with a friend and many my extended family. It seems to me that all of you rookie cops should shut your mouths and open your eyes & ears. There are many brilliant cops at WMPD that you could learn from. The tallent is unbelievable and the City is a better place, thanks to these officers. Instead of being a bunch of back stabbing ------, you should learn to work with these dedicated oldtimers, because there is a lot to learn from them. Give them the respect they deserve, because they have earned it. They have always given me respect and loyalty and that is after only working with them for 2 years. Thanks guys. Peace out!

MOD 360 removed one word.

07-12-2007, 01:50 AM
Hey T You got respect because you earned it, it was an honor to work with you 8) Id take you with two broken arms and a broken leg as a back up instead of KoJerk :roll: good times --good times :lol:

07-13-2007, 03:56 AM
Hey T You got respect because you earned it, it was an honor to work with you 8) Id take you with two broken arms and a broken leg as a back up instead of KoJerk :roll: good times --good times :lol:

T was one of the finest cops I worked with at wmpd.The cybabys they just brought in could not hold a candle to him. Kojerk could not shine his shoes. I was proud when the department and the administration stood by him in tough times. Old school. Wish we had him today along with the department we had back then.

07-13-2007, 04:25 PM
MOD 360, sorry for the word violation.

As for you oldtimers and of course I use that term in a kind way, all of you will always have my respect and friendship. Each and everyone of you proved your loyalty to me many years ago. Words can't express how appreciative I am. I can only pray that someday soon these disrespectful little rookies will understand that the back stabbing isn't going to help them in the long run. As for the current administration, it is ashame that they are so blinded by their own beliefs and feelings that they can't see they are destroying a police force that was once one of the best in the entire county. It is truly upsetting for me to have watch what I miss with all of my heart, being torn apart. On the upside, no matter what happens to the WMPD and its current employees, nobody can take away the fond memmories I have or the friendships I still have to this day. So I thank Chief Kenneth and Chief Wierzbicki for hiring me and all of you oldtimers (Admin., Sgt.'s & Officers, you know who you are) for standing behind me in my time of need. I wish everyone of you the very best and I hope all of this works out in the end. Everyone be safe and wear those vests.

MOD 360
07-13-2007, 08:46 PM
MOD 360, sorry for the word violation.

As for you oldtimers and of course I use that term in a kind way, all of you will always have my respect and friendship. Each and everyone of you proved your loyalty to me many years ago. Words can't express how appreciative I am. I can only pray that someday soon these disrespectful little rookies will understand that the back stabbing isn't going to help them in the long run. As for the current administration, it is ashame that they are so blinded by their own beliefs and feelings that they can't see they are destroying a police force that was once one of the best in the entire county. It is truly upsetting for me to have watch what I miss with all of my heart, being torn apart. On the upside, no matter what happens to the WMPD and its current employees, nobody can take away the fond memmories I have or the friendships I still have to this day. So I thank Chief Kenneth and Chief Wierzbicki for hiring me and all of you oldtimers (Admin., Sgt.'s & Officers, you know who you are) for standing behind me in my time of need. I wish everyone of you the very best and I hope all of this works out in the end. Everyone be safe and wear those vests.

Hey Former WMPD Cop in Jup.

When you get a chance, I would appreciate it if you could send me an e-mail at mod360@leoaffairs.com.

07-14-2007, 02:39 PM
[i]If everyone still thinks that the grass is greener on the other side of the fence (@ BSO) you should read the the book mentioned below. You might want to check out the postings on their page also.

HONOR ABOVE ALL ELSE Removing The Veil Of Secrecy
As a retired Broward Co. Deputy Sheriff and a former Walton Co. Deputy. I have written a book about my personal experiences with both agencies. A lot of the stories are humorous and a lot of stories will open your eyes to the power corruption and abuse of power behind the scenes! I myself would never have believed these incidences to be factual if I hadn't actually experienced them. I have been told by many that this book is well written and very very informative; which does truly remove the veil of secrecy. The book can be ordered from my website www.honoraboveallelse.org (http://www.honoraboveallelse.org) for an autographed copy...also Amazon or Barnes and Noble.

Don't get me wrong, I truly enjoyed my 35 yrs. in law enforcement and the majority of the people I worked with. As for me, I feel like I was a big part of "The Greatest Show On Earth!"

Dennis Wise

07-14-2007, 02:58 PM
These were copied from a BSO forum. Check it out. Fitting for here too!

Someone at my job told me about this site for cops so I thought I would come here to see just what cops talk about on the internet. After reading several topics and posts I have come to the conclusion that the majority of cops are a bunch of disgruntled, angry, and childish people. I have now formed a different opinion of you all thanks to this site and I will be sure to let all my friends know to look at this site to see just how bad you can be towards each other with all the nasty remarks to each other. You folks are truly a sad bunch and definetely not the brotherhood that I percieved you to be. Mr. Joe Citizen

Are you the people that are paid to serve and protect the citizens? I am dismayed at how you all talk about one another. Maybe this is just a cut up page, the way you all chop each other down, it has to be a joke, right? If this is a way to vent your stress it certainly leaves little to be desired and it speaks volumes about how you think of each other, tearing down your core values, it looks like the gunfight at the OK Corral. disappointed in you

It appears as if the entire online voice here is happy to slap each other in the face. You people are held in hig regard, or you "WERE" held in high regard, but now your true colors have come to light and we see you for who you truly are. Human put aside, we the average public do not use the computer to disrespect one another, you heroes have spoiled you own picnic. As for the halo, I certainly don't have one but I know enough to keep my dirty laundry in the basket till wash day. You are all very foolish and maybe the media will do a story on this site after they hear of it! citizen watch

07-14-2007, 11:11 PM
Hey WMPD!!! WHAT IS UP WITH YOUR CHIEF??????? I am a Law Enforcement Officer in the Broward County area and the word is out that one of our brothers had LEGALLY stopped your chief while he was driving his personal vehicle. After hearing this story, I truly feel sorry for all of you. This guy gave this poor officer the third degree and did not even let him know that he was a chief or even in Law Enforcement until after he ripped him a new arse. WHAT AN EGO!!!!!! He may be a chief in your LITTLE city but he is Mr. (Whatever) in mine and others. Hey boys and girls. Good luck and all I hope is the next time he is stopped, he is more respectable.

07-15-2007, 01:37 AM
YOUR KIDDING ME!!!!!!!
Sounds like that miami dade major kinda thing. He shoulda stroked him a ticket, but this guy would probably try and get a good cop fired if he did stroke him.

07-15-2007, 02:19 AM
Hey boys and girls......looks like the admin (1 adam 12...Hill street blues) is working hard on the weekends too. :devil:

07-15-2007, 03:04 AM
"WMPD has seen its ups and downs over the years. The chief from twenty or so years ago only allowed you to do things his way or his way. His successor let anyone do anything with out fear of repercussion, especially if you were on the "A list"or partied with him. The most recent former chief improved some things, but there was still an "A list" and a "B list", especially where his assistant was concerned. He also trusted his assistant way too much and got the shaft. "A listers" would get complaints against them and they would get swept under the rug when they hit the assistant's office. The "B listers" would be called on the carpet and given the maximum punishment. The current chief has made those of us that were on the "B list" under previous administrations feel accepted and appreciated. The former "A listers" do not like that the free ride is over and they are expected to actually earn their salary. With the new chief, I actually enjoy working there again. The politicians are an exception though, as they are anywhere."

I was wondering how long it would take... Comb over traffic guy, go write more women tickets. Its no use trying to kiss his arse on this website, you got your tango position. What are you going to do for 40 now that Bob Barker is off the show?? Uh oh you might actually have to take some calls, but no no, your the DAY TIME DUI guy. Just retire and be a full time boy scout.

You guys are killing me!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Poor guy- hey maybe he can shower during his 40?

07-15-2007, 11:16 PM
[i]If everyone still thinks that the grass is greener on the other side of the fence (@ BSO) you should read the the book mentioned below. You might want to check out the postings on their page also.

HONOR ABOVE ALL ELSE Removing The Veil Of Secrecy
As a retired Broward Co. Deputy Sheriff and a former Walton Co. Deputy. I have written a book about my personal experiences with both agencies. A lot of the stories are humorous and a lot of stories will open your eyes to the power corruption and abuse of power behind the scenes! I myself would never have believed these incidences to be factual if I hadn't actually experienced them. I have been told by many that this book is well written and very very informative; which does truly remove the veil of secrecy. The book can be ordered from my website www.honoraboveallelse.org (http://www.honoraboveallelse.org) for an autographed copy...also Amazon or Barnes and Noble.

Don't get me wrong, I truly enjoyed my 35 yrs. in law enforcement and the majority of the people I worked with. As for me, I feel like I was a big part of "The Greatest Show On Earth!"

Dennis Wise

Hey 1 Adam 12, these are a couple of posts from the BSO forum. Next time you want to adverstise on this website, pay like everyone else!!!!!!!!!!

As a retired Broward Co. Deputy Sheriff and a former Walton Co. Deputy, I have written a book, "Honor" Above All Else...Removing the Veil of Secrecy, which is about my personal experiences with both agencies. A lot of the stories are humorous and a lot of stories will open your eyes to the power corruption and the abuse of power behind the scenes! I myself would never have believed these incidences to be factual if I hadn't actually experienced them. I have been told by many that this book is well written and very very informative; which does truly remove the veil of secrecy. The book can be ordered from my website www.honoraboveallelse.org (http://www.honoraboveallelse.org) for an autographed copy...also through Amazon or Barnes and Noble.

Dennis Wise
__________________________________________________ __________
I have known the author of this book for many years. I can verify the authenticity of many of the tales from first hand knowledge and from reputable resources other than the author. I have read the book it is interesting reading. I encourage everyone to read it. Some of it was very eye opening, even with being in law enforcement. I have been "on the job" for over 20 years myself. It has definitely been interesting. I would not change professions with anyone. It is the best ride for the money, even with the politics, lousy pay, etc.
__________________________________________________ _________
What a shameless self-serving plug you have given yourself Dennis Wise. You logged on as a guest blasting Goldberg in his quest to become the next Broward County Sheriff while making yourself (in the third person) look like a saint. Well Buddy, I read your piece of self serving trash that you called a book. Having worked around you in the past, I noticed that you left so much out. How can you talk about Honor and your form letter from the President without being a hippocrit? Oh, Daniel Wise - you are not so wise after all. I think you have opened a can of worms that will overtake you and your so-called honorable reputation. With so many in the BSO community that know you personally I wonder what will be uncovered.........

Mike G.

07-16-2007, 01:23 AM
Serenity Prayer

07-16-2007, 01:29 AM
What a shameless self-serving plug you have given yourself Dennis Wise. You logged on as a guest blasting Goldberg in his quest to become the next Broward County Sheriff while making yourself (in the third person) look like a saint. Well Buddy, I read your piece of self serving trash that you called a book. Having worked around you in the past, I noticed that you left so much out. How can you talk about Honor and your form letter from the President without being a hippocrit? Oh, Daniel Wise - you are not so wise after all. I think you have opened a can of worms that will overtake you and your so-called honorable reputation. With so many in the BSO community that know you personally I wonder what will be uncovered.........

Mike G.

Wrong again here too Mike G. :lol: It was not Dennis. It was a friend.
Get your facts straight before you make false accusations. :roll:

07-16-2007, 02:22 AM
Serenity Prayer

Ran out of "Quotes for the Day"? Leave God in your personal prayers, church or at your home, not here.

07-17-2007, 02:56 AM
Serenity Prayer

Ran out of "Quotes for the Day"? Leave God in your personal prayers, church or at your home, not here.

Maybe you should take the prayer seriously and look to God for guidance.

07-17-2007, 03:27 AM
Let me say this first I think this message board is a great thing and I am happy to see people posting on here. But I dont think it should be a sounding board for everyone to talk crap about YOUR co-workers and potential back up. If you really cant stand someone that much then have the balls to call them out on it. I do think it is a great forum to voice problems with the administration or to let other officers know about the injustices (BS) that they may not know is happening. I will be the first to admit there are a few people I cant stand in this agency because they are slugs or just plain stupid, however at some point we have to come together or at least act like it. My point being this county is becoming worse by the day and it is really time to start looking out for each other. Have a good one!

07-17-2007, 05:33 AM
I am absolutely shocked and dismayed at what I have read on here. I wish I knew all that was happening with this agency. There was a time when this departments administration, officers, and support staff were one big family. It was a time when the officers new their job and did it extremely well. It was a time when no one needed to be baby sat. It was a time when you didn't hear a lot of complaining. It was a time of happiness when people enjoyed working. Most importantly, it was a time when you knew the guys you were working with had your back no matter the situation. I know this, because they proved it. I could only have wished that the guys I worked with in OP were anything like the guys from WM. The current administration and city council need to get off their high horse, open their eyes, lose their egos, and start working to correct all of the wrongs they have made before WM loses every great cop there, leaving them with nothing but the whining little babies it seems they have brought in. I wish everyone that I knew in WM from my OP days the absolute very best. You can rest assure, that I will always have your back should the need arise, as you all did for my family. Thank you.

07-17-2007, 03:12 PM
I am absolutely shocked and dismayed at what I have read on here. I wish I knew all that was happening with this agency. There was a time when this departments administration, officers, and support staff were one big family. It was a time when the officers new their job and did it extremely well. It was a time when no one needed to be baby sat. It was a time when you didn't hear a lot of complaining. It was a time of happiness when people enjoyed working. Most importantly, it was a time when you knew the guys you were working with had your back no matter the situation. I know this, because they proved it. I could only have wished that the guys I worked with in OP were anything like the guys from WM. The current administration and city council need to get off their high horse, open their eyes, lose their egos, and start working to correct all of the wrongs they have made before WM loses every great cop there, leaving them with nothing but the whining little babies it seems they have brought in. I wish everyone that I knew in WM from my OP days the absolute very best. You can rest assure, that I will always have your back should the need arise, as you all did for my family. Thank you.

Well said OP-L1526 and thanks.

07-17-2007, 10:05 PM
[quote="St. Michael":210qe6se]Serenity Prayer

Maybe you should take the prayer seriously and look to God for guidance.[/quote:210qe6se]

Wasnt St Michael the angel that fought the battles for GOD?
Anyway if your going to keep posting this "prayer", can you tell us how it pertains to us????? Can you break it down? what can we change what cant we change? Do we need more serenity or more courage? Perhaps you are the only one INSPIRED enough to know the difference... :?

07-18-2007, 08:29 AM
Thanks OP Lima-1526 I know who you are and i liked you too - thanks for the compliment and it goes right back to you also.

07-19-2007, 02:49 AM
Daily Rules from God for 2007

1. Wake Up!! Decide to have a good day. "Today is the day the Lord hath made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." Psalms 118:24

2. Dress Up!! The best way to dress up is to put on a smile. A smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks. "The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at outward appearance; but the Lord looks at the heart." I Samuel 16:7

3. Shut Up!! Say nice things and learn to listen. God gave us two ears and one mouth, so He must have meant for us to do twice as much listening as talking. "He who guards his lips guards his soul." Proverbs 13:3

4. Stand Up!!... For what you believe in. Stand for something or you will fall for anything.. "Let us not be weary in doing good; for at the proper time, we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good..." Galatians 6:9-10

5. Look Up!!... To the Lord.
"I can do everything through Christ who strengthens me." Phillippians 4:13

6. Reach Up!!... For something higher. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not unto your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge Him, And He will direct your path."
Proverbs 3:5-6

7. Lift Up!!... Your Prayers.
"Do not worry about anything; instead PRAY ABOUT EVERYTHING."
Philippians 4:6

Send this to the people you care about.
Pass this on and brighten someone's day, and remember:

God answers Knee-Mail.

07-20-2007, 03:15 AM
Forgive your enemies. :shock:

It messes with their minds. 8)

07-20-2007, 11:15 PM
The following was copied from a post on the BSO link. I think it is worth reading. Think about it after you read it

First, I wanted to express some support for our moderators for doing a good job of policing this message board. Although there are many users that appear disturbed by the cleaning up that the moderators do, it's an important job. Apparently, we either can't or refuse to police ourselves so we, instead, have to count on the moderators to protect us from ourselves.

I also wanted to mention that I checked out some other message boards to see if they compared to BSO's. For those of you that have a minute, check out NYPD and LAPD. Their message boards would surprise you.

Some of the users here defend the daily smut and gossip that is posted on BSOs forum by saying that you'll find that kind of stuff in every department. After reading the blogs of those other comparable departments, I realized how ridiculously stupid BSO looks on this public website! I really hope that the officers from those other departments never peek in on our blogging.

NYPD and LAPD are also very large departments like BSO but manage to keep a very professional message board. In fact, both departments posted the news article from November's shooting of Deputy B. Tephford and Deputy C. Carbocci to offer their prayers and well wishes. You'll also find a tribute to 9-11 heroes, and an RIP thread for a retired officer that died after battling cancer. That's the kind of stuff they write about, while we, here in Broward County, spend our time trying to decide who to call out as the laziest deputy or who the fattest dispatcher is.

In those departments, you don't see supervisor bashing, rumor spreading, worst of the worst.... They don't use this public forum to throw their brothers, sisters, and bosses under the bus. I just wonder why it might be that BSO can't seem to maintain a professional image on this board while other departments appear poised and supportive of one another. Based upon what I saw on the other boards, I can't imagine an NYPD user ranting and raving that a "Hottest Cops" thread was deleted and he couldn't write anonymous posts about the t*ts and as*es of fellow co-workers.

I think maybe we should all learn a little something from our brothers and sisters at the NYPD and the LAPD and maybe be a little more responsible with this board. This really shouldn't be a mud slinging contest or a rumor mill.

If we don't like a co-worker or a supervisor, there's nothing wrong with that. I'm sure that not everyone at the NYPD gets along or likes their bosses, but they don't post their negative commments and rumors all over this thing so that everyone under the sun can read about it! They don't try to humiliate and embarass one another. They show respect and are more mindful, obvioulsly, than we seem to be.

I certainly don't look forward to all of the rude and negative responses to this post, however, I do expect it. Thanks for taking the time to read my thoughts...

Be safe.

07-21-2007, 02:29 AM
Where to start? Being a former officer at WMPD I am obviously aware that there have always been favorites of the administrative staff, whether the former or current. I understand that the tides have changed and those that were onces the haves are now the have nots and visa-versa.

I will admit that I am glad to see that a few that once got nothing are now being recognized for their strengths, good for them. However, it is very unfortunate that many are now paying the price that in my opinion do not deserve it.

All of this negative energy is really bringing this department down. I am very well aware of this negativeness, because I have listened to Sgt. Raimondi's pre-determination hearing and have read many of the statements that were given during his investigation. I find many of the statements made about him very troubling and very unbelievable. Ofc. G.G. statements would make one believe he has ulterior motives, I never met the man, so I don't know what they are. As for Ofc. F.P., I'm at a loss to understand why he would think Sgt. D would use racially derogatory statements about him, especially back in 1999 or 2000. If my memmory serves me correctly, I believe Ofc. F.P. was still in the academy back then. It seems to me Sgt. D wouldn't have even known him well enough to make such statements, plus the fact I don't believe he would use such language to begin with. However, let me point out that Ofc. F.P. whom had never met me, had no problem talking trash about me while he was in the academy. Of course, I wasn't there to hear any statements made about me, so who knows if it actually happened. I hope I made a point.

I'm also very confused as to what benefit Sgt. D would gain by trying to get others to leave and go elsewhere. If that was the way he felt, wouldn't he just leave.

I'm very sorry things are the way they are at WMPD. I would like to point out that your Sgt.'s are there to oversee and supervise. No, you will not always like them; I know I had my moments with all of them. You may never like them and that's ok, but do respect them, as well as your fellow officers. When I worked there most everyone had my back and that is the way it should be.

Enough said for now. Everyone, and I mean everyone, be safe and where those vests.

07-21-2007, 02:54 AM
That was a really nice letter Mayor Newton of Wilton Manors wrote up for a Ft. Lauderdale Fire Fighter. I am sure it was a very well deserved letter for a very good firefighter but what I am trying to remember is....when was the last time Mayor Newton or Councilman Newton or even Mr. Newton ever wrote a letter of praise for a Wilton Manors Police Officer. Many of those fine men and women have done so much for the community, however, not enough to draw the attention of the Mayor to write a simple letter of praise or thanks. Look in your own backyard. There is so much more to be thankful about, Mr. Newton!!!!!

07-21-2007, 03:09 AM
Aw dont be mad at Scotty he probably couldnt write the fine WM cops letters because his hands were very tired from doing seamstress work all day after all he is the BEST seamstress in Oakland park, or maybe he couldnt take the time to write letters because his hands were busy patting himself on the back for passing the contract (even tho it is for his own political motives not because the WM cops were the lowest paid in the county). :oops:

07-22-2007, 08:17 AM
So you're not using your name, why? Practice what you preach.

This is not a SLAM site and the Forums should be used constructively. Messages (anonymous or not) accusing anyone (including political candidates) of wrong doing (and/or criminal accusations) without substantial proof or reference are subject to deletion. Use your REAL name unless the need for an Anonymous Message is warranted. Messages not requiring Anonymous status, but being abused, are subject to deletion by System Moderators. Anonymous Messages are not granted the same right to exist that properly identified Messages are. Failure to comply can result in Message deletion and/or access blockage.

Here's an opportunity to voice your opinion, ask questions, become more informed, make a stand or engage in a healthy debate.

You agree that you will not submit Messages to Forums that:

* are unlawful, threatening, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane, or indecent, including any communication that constitutes (or encourages conduct that would constitute) a criminal offense, gives rise to civil liability, or otherwise violates any local, state, national, or international law;

07-24-2007, 03:19 AM
The backstabbing and the "whats in it for me" among the certain select few of RP's inner circle is unbearable and a slap in the face of the professionals ( the few that left) who gave a damm for the residents. The last straw for me was the open affair between a Sgt and PA underling where nothing was done by the Chief who basically stuck his large head in the sand and destroyed two families.Maybe in a big PD you can move people around to hide a problem but not in the new Mayberry RFD P.D. where you see the same people pretty much day after day. Now that the contract is passed by the City Council( who are really are the ones who destroyed the department) it just means we will get a raise but the working conditions will not get better, but will get much worse.Now that RP has the contract behind him, he has more power & control which is a very dangerous thing for this vindictive person to have. I wish we could go back to the way things were when I enjoyed coming to work and trying to make a difference in the city but I know that is not now possible.The real formal and informal leaders of this once great PD are gone or will be shortly. Then when you see the quality of their replacements that have been hired you really begin to wonder for your own safety if it is worth staying to work in this city. As a trainer, I have the opportunity to see who is being hired as replacements for the good people who leave. It is scary and you have to wonder if HR is doing any backgrounds along with any pschy's. The city is setting itself up for major lawsuits with the baggage the new people have but maybe that is what they deserve for what they have done for the last 18 months.In closing, yea my first several years at Wilton Manors flew by and I will cherish the memories and friendships I have made forever.The last 1 1/2 years have been pure misery and I would like to forget them and those memories as soon as possible.

07-24-2007, 04:31 AM
WHILE ITS SAD TO READ SOME OF THE POSTS HERE THAT CLEARLY HAVE MANY WMPD OFFICERS ANGRY, HERE IS MY ADVICE TO THEM AND TO OTHERS IN AGENCIES THAT THE ANGRY COPS FEEL TICKED OFF ABOUT.

WHY LET THE STRESS TAKE US OUT OF THE JOB AND AWAY FROM OUR FAMILY SOONER THAN WE WANT. MY ADVICE TO BEAT THE STRESS AND NAGER AND POLITICS ETC IS THIS:

COME TO WORK, REMEMBERING THAT WE ALL COULD LOOK AND MOVE TO OTHER DEPARTMENTS AND THOUGH SOME HAVE IT BETTER THAN OTHERS, ALL HAVE SOMETHING THAT YOU WILL NOT LIKE. WE ALL KNOW OF THE GRASSHOPPERS WHO SEEM TO LAST A YEAR OR TWO AND THEN BEFORE YOU KNOW IT, THEY'RE 35 WITH 5 AGENCIES AND A PENSION MAYBE BY THE TIME THEIR SOCIAL SECURITY KICKS IN....

COME TO WORK AND SURROUND YOURSELF WITH GOOD COPS TO WORK WITH. FIND AND HANG ON THE SUPERVISORS WHO APPRECIATE YOUR WORK AND SUPPORT YOU. AS LONG AS YOU'RE HAPPY WITH WHAT YOU DO AT WORK AND YOUR BOSSES TAKE CARE OF YOU, BLOCK OUT THE POLITICS AND OTHER CRAP THAT POISONS THE FEELINGS AND MEMORIES OF WHY YOU PICKED THE PLACE YOU WORK AT IN THE FIRST PLACE.

WE ALL KNOW THAT IN EVERY DEPT AT SOMETIME OR TIMES IN YOUR CAREER, YOU WILL NOT GET THAT PROMOTION, TRANSFER OR SPECIAL GIG. BUT ITS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD AND CERTAINLY DOES YOU NO GOOD TO CARRY THE GRUDGE TO THE POINT YOU GET SICK, PISSED OFF OR DO SOMETHING THAT GETS YOU IN TROUBLE!!!!

HAVING WORKED WITH MANY WMPD COPS FROM 76-04 WHILE I WAS WITH FLPD, MY MEMORIES ARE ALL GOOD. NOT EVEN THESE NEGATIVE POSTS WILL CHANGE THAT. MIDS AT EGG AND YOU, MEETING WITH RICK, LIZ AND BEFORE THOSE YOUNGINS HOW ABOUT JOE BRADSHAW AND RON SHERHOUSE!!!! YEAH LAUGH AT THOSE GUYS EHH?????

SO GO TO WORK, FIND FRIENDS, FUN AND SUPPORT AND DONT SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF. LIVE TO REACH AND ENJOY MANY YEARS OF THAT PENSION WHICH WE ALL WORKED HARD FOR. SOME MAY GO TO ANOTHER AGENCY LIKE I DID FOR MORE AND BELIEVE ME WHERE I WORK NOW ITS HEAVEN........GREAT STAFF, SUPERVISORS, CITY ETC.
CAN IT BE BETTER..OF COURSE IT CAN, BUT NOTHING WILL CHANGE OVERNITE...... I COME TO WORK WITH A SMILE, LAUGH, JOKE, DO THE JOB WE KNOW HOW TO DO AND GO HOME.... YOU ALL SHOULD DO THE SAME.....

I'D PROBABLY RUIN IT BY TELLING YOU WHO I AM SO FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO READ THIS...GUESS....I'M WORKING DAYS WITH A SMILE ON MY FACE IN................

07-27-2007, 03:12 PM
A quote for the good officers of Wilton Manors. Keep the faith. Change is around the corner.

In trying times, don't stop trying. "I can't!" is the conclusion of fools. The choice is simple. You can either stand up and be counted, or lie down and be counted out. Defeat never comes to people until they admit it. Your success will be measured by your willingness to keep on trying. Have the courage to live. Anyone can quit.

-John Mason, from the book Imitation is Limitation

07-28-2007, 03:50 AM
A quote for the good officers of Wilton Manors. Keep the faith. Change is around the corner.

In trying times, don't stop trying. "I can't!" is the conclusion of fools. The choice is simple. You can either stand up and be counted, or lie down and be counted out. Defeat never comes to people until they admit it. Your success will be measured by your willingness to keep on trying. Have the courage to live. Anyone can quit.

-John Mason, from the book Imitation is Limitation

Yo Dude. Get a life .We all know you spend your entire day researching quotes of the day. and If you would stop with the 2 hour lunches at J Alexanders and start addressing the PROBLEMS you created maybe it would be different. But you are not that smart. Today was the beginning of the end. Look that up in your quotes.

07-28-2007, 07:30 PM
Hey did anyone see this weeks edition of the EXPRESS newspaper. In the feature story on Ft Laud Mayor Jim Naugle, it made mention that "Openly gay Mayor Scott Newton of Wilton Manors" spoke at a recent rally. When did Scott come out? You have to give him credit for standing up for his convictions and not repressing his true feelings about his true sexual orientation any longer. Bravo Mr. Mayor!

07-29-2007, 12:48 PM
This Chief is terrible. Absolutley and completely the WORST. I cannot believe this arse clown has a job.

07-29-2007, 01:40 PM
What in the :twisted: is going on in The Manors? I know not everyone was happy under the old administration, but you never had this many people leaving and so unhappy. If these were rookies leaving for larger departments I could understand, as a matter of fact that would be expected, but not guys with over 10 years in. Hey Chief & your underlings, you all better wake up, because before long you will be the only ones left. I can only imagine how the citizens would feel about that. WAKE UP before you lose the entire department.

07-29-2007, 05:31 PM
Hey did anyone see this weeks edition of the EXPRESS newspaper. In the feature story on Ft Laud Mayor Jim Naugle, it made mention that "Openly gay Mayor Scott Newton of Wilton Manors" spoke at a recent rally. When did Scott come out? You have to give him credit for standing up for his convictions and not repressing his true feelings about his true sexual orientation any longer. Bravo Mr. Mayor!

Did I miss something. When did Mr. Mayor come out. Is he married because he is CUTE!

08-28-2007, 02:50 PM
Scott Newton is GAY? LOL, I always thought there was something a little special about him.

09-02-2007, 08:19 AM
Hey guys, It almost makes me cry to see my guys in such a state, growing to hate each other. Remember when we used to spend 40 at Wag's on OPB at 4am and get a code 3 and 14 cops, WM,OPPD, FLPD and OJ BSO would all get up together and go have fun. Remember when Ricky whould get an arrest, then Brian, then Chad, then Brian P., then Chuck or Gonz. I'd yell "where are we going to put all these prisoners!" Amy would have 6 prisoners already run and confirmed. Everyone would kick in and help each other. While your sarg (Moi) was out handling calls or applying white out on strategic locations. Please try and care about each other again. I miss you all. :cry: :cry: Hiya Lizzie,...... :shock:

09-03-2007, 05:22 AM
Hey guys, It almost makes me cry to see my guys in such a state, growing to hate each other. Remember when we used to spend 40 at Wag's on OPB at 4am and get a code 3 and 14 cops, WM,OPPD, FLPD and OJ BSO would all get up together and go have fun. Remember when Ricky whould get an arrest, then Brian, then Chad, then Brian P., then Chuck or Gonz. I'd yell "where are we going to put all these prisoners!" Amy would have 6 prisoners already run and confirmed. Everyone would kick in and help each other. While your sarg (Moi) was out handling calls or applying white out on strategic locations. Please try and care about each other again. I miss you all. :cry: :cry: Hiya Lizzie,...... :shock:

They were good times, very good times when we thought we ALL made a difference in the communty.Now all we care about is getting a paycheck and leaving this FLPD influenced cancer ridden pollice department as SOON AS WE CAN! Scotty Newton, Joe Angelo and Joe Gallegos should be FIRED tomorrow for what they have let happen. Be aware my friends of what WILL HAPPEN. Keep the course.

09-03-2007, 05:26 AM
Scott Newton is gay? LOL, I always thought there was something a little special about him.

Does KOJERK or FP know the Mayor is on the same team. Wow.