PDA

View Full Version : Contract Negotiations 5/9/07

05-09-2007, 09:42 PM
The FOP bargaining team, consisting of myself, Steve Rasor, Dave Kinsey, Adam Geissenberger, John Hicks and Brian Unmisig met today with John Moore, Lisa Hendrickson and Sandy Forseth.

Discussions involved the yet-resolved impact regarding the legislature property tax issue. As you are aware, the legislature failed to resolve the property tax situation and is calling for a special session in late June for a second attempt at legislation. That said, the City said that any financial proposals were highly unlikely until after the special session is over.

Although no financial articles were discussed, we did tentatively agree on 3 other articles involving discrimination, use of the City computer to post FOP business and issues concerning the promotion of FOP business while on duty.

Issues surrounding renaming SPO's to Corporal were also discussed and the City stated that they would look into the matter and give us an answer.

Other than that, no other issues of any importance were discussed. The next meeeting is on May 30 at 1:00P.M. in the second floor conference room of City Hall.

05-10-2007, 12:14 AM
We are maxed out on the road!! Making the SPO's corporals will completely codify their ability to do no work. For the love of god Ken, we need more workers, not less! We are going to have shortages as it is with the SRO thing and with the ship jumping surely to come.

05-10-2007, 01:09 AM
And the Emmy goes to.........

A little dramatic don't ya think...

05-10-2007, 10:30 PM
I say we make everybody a Major, we don't need any workers. Why is changing the SPO name so important? Don't we have real fish to fry? Money, job security, benifits?? Any of that stuff sound important or should we work on changing the titles for a few, who make noise about not being respected or appriciated. Let's take care of everybody, not just a select few.

05-11-2007, 01:36 AM
So what your saying is that you should be taken care of but the SPO's shouldn't be able to ask for something as nominal as a name change.

Kind of one sided don't you think.

To clarify.....you should get what you want and if you don't agree...then it shouldn't happen...

I think I understand EXACTLY where you are coming from...

Nothing else needs to be said.

05-11-2007, 03:02 AM
SPO is a position and not a rank? Right?

We definately need more supervisors.......many, many, many more

05-11-2007, 07:55 AM
SPO is an assignment not a rank.

That does not change with a change in names.

You are fretting about nuttin....

05-11-2007, 06:35 PM
Let's expend our resources and energy on getting a name change for 10 folks while these rest of us wonder if we will have a job by the time the contract is done. Makes perfect sense. Listen, call yourself Commander or anything you want, but stop wasting valuable time and energy on this. This PD is crumbling around us as we speak and we are worried about fancy cars, rank titles, and what the big boys can get out of this contract. Stand by because the mass movement will continue to leave and this will make it easier for the council to go Metro or SO, if we don't prioritize what it is the whole group needs. Admin look at what is happening! We can't afford to replace the leaving officers, but we can deck out "special" vehicles and worry about if the naming rights of non-call taking personnel can be changed. Please, someone needs to stand up and take a stand, I can't because this place doesn't look kindly on rookies. Please help or me and my co-workers will haul arse out too.

05-12-2007, 01:08 AM
Wow...What is must be like to live in your miserable world.

Please put a disclaimer at the bottom of your posts from now on that states...

My comments are my intellectual propery and I do not speak for the normal men and women of the Pinellas Park Police Department.

I don't know who urinated in your mouth around here but dude...If you feel half of what you post,perhaps you would be happier elsewhere.

As for your "issues," lets disect them one at a time okay...

1. SPO name change. Name change only, no responsibility shift. I am guessing your not a SPO so it really doesn't effect you. Apparently you are of the opinion that SPO's are worthless, although I will reserve my comments on specific SPO's I for one like the concept of Corporals. I like the advancement potential and the opportunity to learn supervisory skills that perhaps will help to get promoted.

Just like every position, there are going to be good SPO's and bad SPO's. To think there are not is wishful or perhaps foolish thinking. Your issue sounds like it is misdirected. You should be upset at the bad SPO's and Supervisors who are failing to supervise as opposed to the entire group. There are some really good SPO's.

Let's talk fancy cars that are all decked out. I am guessing you are talking about the truck that was assigned to traffic. I think the truck looks great. It is very professional looking and from what I hear is working great to catch traffic offenders. It was not purchased for that purpose. From what I hear, it was purchased to have a higher vehicle for response during floods etc. Sure looks more professional than a public works dump truck. Oh and by the way for you new officers, prior to some of these F250's, Expeditions and other vehicles being added to the fleet, dump trucks is exactly what we used.

As for the "Mass Movement" that is coming. We have been awaiting the mass movement for years. It hasn't come. Bottom line, most people are pretty happy here. Yes, pay is a little lower currently than some other agencies but some of our other benefits are better than other agencies. Yes, we need a pay raise, the union folks are working on it....Unfortunately for all of us, the legislature is jerking the tax issue around so negotiations are going slow. That could effect our raises and every other city and county jurisdiction in the state. I think raises will come, they always do, will it be as high as everyone wants....only time will tell. The sky is not falling...

As for the Council going Metro or S.O. Have you heard anything to that effect? NO... Clearwater threatened it not Pinellas Park and Clearwater was trying to make a political point. Don't you think if that was even remotely close to the radar it would be talked about right now with budget cuts being discussed. The fact that it isn't even on the discussion table should let everyone know that our city has no intentions on getting rid of our PD.

Hey rookie...Please stop the doom and gloom. You don't have it that bad. Stop worrying about what others are or are not doing. Do your ten hours, and for crying out loud....find a hobby...

06-02-2007, 02:24 PM
I for one think its time for a Union change. The FOP has had their chances and they have not really done anything signifcant for us.

06-02-2007, 04:40 PM
THREE WORDS to the idiot that wants to switch unions.

NON-BINDING ARBITRATION

06-03-2007, 04:09 AM
Hey Jackass FOP MEMBER....I don't give a shit....give someone else a chance.

06-05-2007, 04:03 AM
Ken where are with the Corporal program? I still have to shag a call here and there so I was wondering when me and my buddies can finally relax and never take calls again.

06-05-2007, 06:06 AM
Blah Blah Blah Blah...

And with that steller tude....Tis all you will ever do....

06-06-2007, 08:51 AM
Is PPPD in a hiring freeze? will this change if the Legislature can resolve the property tax situation?

06-06-2007, 10:20 PM
PPPD is preparing to hire five next week. We are not under a freeze. The city is reviewing all vacant positions to see if they are essential. All non-essential positions are frozen until the legislature decides how bad its going to be..

06-13-2007, 06:39 PM
Afienko for contract negotiations?? Please!