PDA

View Full Version : rookies

05-09-2007, 08:44 PM
how are the 6 new people doing on fto? some of them are coming to alpha shift this week and i need to know if i need to watch my back or if they are doing well

05-09-2007, 09:21 PM
how are the 6 new people doing on fto? some of them are coming to alpha shift this week and i need to know if i need to watch my back or if they are doing well

Watch your back?? What are worried one of the new people is going to assassinate you?

Here's why you're stupid:

You shouldn't be doing ANYTHING in front of new people, whether they are "doing well" or not. So the obvious answer is keep your distance until they have earned a right to work "close" to you, dummy.

05-09-2007, 09:29 PM

Why not ask their FTO's in person?

The first person to respond was great, " here's why you're stupid. " Great line.

05-10-2007, 12:25 AM
The best line is actually one he probably hears often..."You know what the problem with you is?"

05-10-2007, 04:36 PM
Judging by your smart post, I'm assuming you never lift a finger or go to a call in progress. Why would you even make such a stupid comment like that let alone put it for all toi view. Please respond.

05-10-2007, 08:31 PM
i have never responded to anything on this site, but this has got to be the dumbest shit i have ever heard from an F.T.O., like they stated at the top why in the world would you trust any trainee???????????? Just shows the F.T.O. that have been made. I apologize the the other F.T.O.'s that have to attend meetings with some of these idiots. God help us.

05-10-2007, 10:24 PM
I spoke to a few of the F.T.O.'s with trainees and they all said that they were doing fine. Maybe now we can stop all this stupidity

05-11-2007, 12:01 AM
You are a moron!!! Why don't you just do your job the right way and you won't have to worry about what you do in front of the rookies. It's people like you that give us a bad name. To anyone in the general public that reads alphaguy's post, please disregard it. Sometimes dirty cops slip through the cracks and get hired. He is in the minority

05-11-2007, 03:44 AM
Sometimes dirty cops slip through the cracks and get hired.

...and some of them become Captains

05-12-2007, 01:55 PM
i heard one trainee got a red pen (1) on his eval because he tried to explain what a salad was to a rather round fto on c shift

05-14-2007, 06:12 AM
did everyone forget that they were once a rookie themselves or is it that some of you think that you are better than everyone else. it is when we loose touch with humility that we become ignorant and arrogant. i heard worse stories than a red pen over a salad on some current officers, i was told that some officers cried during fto. dont forget that we are all there to do the same job and take care of each other. a rookie might be your back up one day and save ur ass. just remember that there is no cure for ignorance and also this site is open to the public. maybe the officers that feel they need to watch their back should transfer to a more corrupt dept. and indeed maybe you should watch your back but its not a rookie that you need to look out for. remember that the public has more eyes than any rookie does and a rookie could care less what you do. just my 2 cents..

05-16-2007, 05:47 PM
Remember todays rookie is tomorrow boss,so treat your fellow officer the way you wanted to be treated when you were brand new. thankyou respectfully Gravyleg 02

06-25-2007, 04:03 AM

Watch you back??? Alpha shift in Davie??
More like ZZZZZZZZ meee mee mee meee ZZZZZZZ mee meee mee meee ZZZZZ........

07-30-2007, 01:24 AM
As one of the public reading the posts on this site and potentially a police officer applicant, it disturbs me to see the way police officers in the same department talk to one another. Nothing wrong with having different opinions but really the way some of you speak to one another is ridiculous.

I guess what I have heard about south Florida departments not having a "brotherhood" is true. It is a shame. I hope you all are just joking around because the way some of these posts read, there is some serious immaturity on behalf of some "experienced" officers.

07-30-2007, 01:39 AM
ding,ding,ding tell her/him what they won. The nail was hit square on the head :wink:

07-30-2007, 02:42 PM
I hope you all are just joking around because the way some of these posts read, there is some serious immaturity on behalf of some "experienced" officers.
Judging by your post, you were able to guess that it was ''experienced'' officers and you were also able to decipher information about individuals that you do not know. Sounds to me like another current, former employee. However, you are right we do look stupid in some of these posts.

07-30-2007, 09:24 PM
Actually I am not a current or former employee, just a member of the general public that is interested in pursuing a law enforcement career.

I review available LEO forums to post questions and read threads about departments of interest.

Of course since I am not a LEO I have to glean information from ride alongs (which I know officers don't seem to care for and rightly so I guess) and from forums (which often give misinformation or people getting into pissing matches about various points which makes it tough sometimes to decipher the helpful info).

Either way, I appreciate all the work you all do and I hope to one day serve. I just don't know where I should be applying since everyone seems to be hurting but there are pro's and con's to the various depts.

I guess I should just worry about getting picked up before worrying about dept. politics.

07-31-2007, 03:07 PM
focus on the hiring not the dept itself, this is an open forum that anyoneeeeeeee can post on