PDA

View Full Version : In car camera

05-09-2007, 05:02 PM
Just wondering if anybody has a camera that functions properly. Even after the “update” I continue to have to jump start my car after my days off. Yes, I take the wireless microphone out of its cradle and don’t keep my flash light in the charger. I constantly get error messages which usually result in me having to unplug the power cord to reset the system. I don’t think I’ve ever made it to the end of a disk without having to change it because of a system error. When it is functioning properly, the cooling fan is excessively loud. You usually realize how loud it is after you turn it off having listened to it for 12+ hours.

Not done yet…

I think there should be a more efficient way to enter the DVD’s into evidence instead of doing a property sheet each time, for each one. Hello forms committee!

Now that I’m done venting…

I think the cameras are a great idea, I just think maybe a little more research and testing should have been done before going with this system.

Curios George
05-09-2007, 08:14 PM
I have had similar issues but my battery does stay charged. I got System Error messages daily or after half a dvd is recorded on it tells me the dvd is not good?

The forms committee should come up with an envelope with all the info they want on it and all we have to do is fill out the envelope, drop the dvd in it and place the envelope into inter-office and your done!

I agree it is a useful tool but the reliabilty could be much better and they need to simplify the submission of the dvd.

Ten8hotel
05-09-2007, 10:55 PM
Same problems with the camera here. I've gone through several whole components for various reasons and once I had one that worked flawless but not anymore. No more dead batteries though. Ref: the property sheet, save it on your desk top and just change the dates each time and print it. This is much quicker than writing it out each time on the carbon copy version. The camera AND microphone will someday prove very valuable to you when an unwarranted complaint comes your way! It is so nice to pop in a DVD when it used to be - he said- she said.

05-10-2007, 07:56 PM
I have addressed all of these problems plus the fact thae camera is in my line of sight when trying to see out tthe right side of the windshield. I was told too bad that's the system we are using. Oh well.