PDA

View Full Version : for real....

05-09-2007, 12:15 AM
a serious statement. To the commissioners,media and anyone else who might care: Sarasota deputies are not greedy. It is not an unrealistic or out of line request to get paid the same as a number of surrounding agencies.

05-09-2007, 12:42 PM
a serious statement. To the commissioners,media and anyone else who might care: Sarasota deputies are not greedy. It is not an unrealistic or out of line request to get paid the same as a number of surrounding agencies.
Senior SSO deputies are the lowest paid sworn officers in Sarasota County. The Sarasota Fire Department also beats us by 12k to 15k. MSO, SPD and all the rest also get paid lots more. No, we're not greedy.

05-09-2007, 08:23 PM
No we are not...... greedy would be NPPD....Some how they think they can justify being the highest paid agency in the region.....and don't even think of reminding them of that.....they are real sensitive to that right now.

05-09-2007, 08:33 PM
we are wel aware of nppd, heck we may be buy them one day, n port is a sinking ship.

05-09-2007, 11:24 PM
No we are not...... greedy would be NPPD....Some how they think they can justify being the highest paid agency in the region.....and don't even think of reminding them of that.....they are real sensitive to that right now.
Hey, if NPPD get's what they're asking for, then good for them!!! I wish that our admin had the same attitude e.g. making us the highest paid agency in the region!!! You get what you pay for!!!

we are wel aware of nppd, heck we may be buy them one day, n port is a sinking ship.
Why is North Port a sinking ship??? They've annexed more land than any city in the State of Florida, so they have plenty of room for future growth e.g. future tax dollars coming into the city coffers. Can you give me just one reason why or how North Port is (or will be) sinking???

05-10-2007, 12:40 AM
I dont know if North Port is sinking but I dont think they have planned properly. North Port has far outgrown its infastructure and has alot of catching up to do, including police/fire.

The taxes are going to need to be raised to support the growth that is already here and im not sure if the residents can afford the big tax increase thats needed.

Like I said i dont know if the ship will sink, but it needs to slow down for repairs.

05-10-2007, 03:09 PM
There are many reasons why North Port is a sinking ship. They have commissioners that want to spend in excess of 80K for a bed time story book about the city.....yawn......they depend on impact fees and new construction to pay their bills....nothing like depending on the stock market rise and fall to pay your core bills....they have all kinds of projects already going that they have put the skids to since they have run out of money and don't know when they're gonna get it again....they're waiting on the housing market to swing up again..... they have no industry to fall back on. So annexing too much land and getting into too many costly endeavors and allowing the growth to go unlimited has it problems when you run out of money. Now NPPD wants a nice "little" raise and there is no money....AND if they get it the city taxpayers will be paying dearly for it....not anyone else.

Very poor fiscal managment and city planning. I am hoping for the day the county takes over the city of North Port....please stop the madness.