PDA

View Full Version : The Boys next door

05-05-2007, 02:43 AM
Did anyone hear about Sunrise's new contract? They're getting a 5/5/5 pay raise. New officer start out at $49,000 / Topped out officers are getting $78,000. 9% pension contribution for life. Sergeant top out at $95,000.
72% pension after 20 / 80% after 25 years. 6 year DROP plan. Plus Unlimited overtime that counts as part of thier top three years when they retire. Details are going up to $32.00 per hour. 4/3 work schedule. And free medical insurance. Plus they already have computers in thier cars, county wide take home and tri-county for specialized units. Thier chief just resigned and they're getting a new police department building. I heard about this through two buddies of mine who work for Davie and Hollywood. Can anyone verify this?

05-05-2007, 06:47 AM
I have several bridges I can sell you too.

05-06-2007, 12:03 PM
Did anyone hear about Sunrise's new contract? They're getting a 5/5/5 pay raise. New officer start out at $49,000 / Topped out officers are getting $78,000. 9% pension contribution for life. Sergeant top out at $95,000.
72% pension after 20 / 80% after 25 years. 6 year DROP plan. Plus Unlimited overtime that counts as part of thier top three years when they retire. Details are going up to $32.00 per hour. 4/3 work schedule. And free medical insurance. Plus they already have computers in thier cars, county wide take home and tri-county for specialized units. Thier chief just resigned and they're getting a new police department building. I heard about this through two buddies of mine who work for Davie and Hollywood. Can anyone verify this?

I would like to know where Sunrise is going to get all the $$$$ss to pay those guys and gals with the state plan budget cuts coming up to tackle the property tax problem?

05-07-2007, 01:01 AM
Our contract is currently under vote as we speak. Please look at our site in this message board for additional info. To answere your question, where our City is going to get the money to pay for this contract, let me shed some light. People forget that yes, we (the city) don't have estate housing like Springs and you guys, but, we do sell water and natural gas to Davie, Tamarac and Weston to include others. This brings millions to our city. We also have the mall and arena which also brings in more revenue to our city. And yes, we are hiring......

If you are going to sell us some bridges as you stated, please let us know how much they cost because being the 7th richest city in the State of Florida, I think we can afford them...

05-07-2007, 04:54 AM
Our contract is currently under vote as we speak. Please look at our site in this message board for additional info. To answere your question, where our City is going to get the money to pay for this contract, let me shed some light. People forget that yes, we (the city) don't have estate housing like Springs and you guys, but, we do sell water and natural gas to Davie, Tamarac and Weston to include others. This brings millions to our city. We also have the mall and arena which also brings in more revenue to our city. And yes, we are hiring......

If you are going to sell us some bridges as you stated, please let us know how much they cost because being the 7th richest city in the State of Florida, I think we can afford them...
Thats good news for you guys, I think its been long over due. I hope you get what youre asking, and when time comes for are renewal we might have some type of model to go by.
Good luck!

05-08-2007, 12:17 PM
[quote="Sunrise Officer":3lbv070g]Our contract is currently under vote as we speak. Please look at our site in this message board for additional info. To answere your question, where our City is going to get the money to pay for this contract, let me shed some light. People forget that yes, we (the city) don't have estate housing like Springs and you guys, but, we do sell water and natural gas to Davie, Tamarac and Weston to include others. This brings millions to our city. We also have the mall and arena which also brings in more revenue to our city. And yes, we are hiring......

Thats good news for you guys, I think its been long over due. I hope you get what youre asking, and when time comes for are renewal we might have some type of model to go by.
Good luck![/quote:3lbv070g]
Hey...thanks for the appreciation, its welcomed!

The contract did go through. It won a vote of 143 to 1. Looks like you're gonna have to hold on to those bridges you have for sale partner..