PDA

View Full Version : grass is not always greener

05-04-2007, 06:39 PM
Since I left the agency 2 yrs ago, I've been keeping up with your events. I worked for a sheriff's office in wyoming for 15 months and just recently resigned. You may have problems, but nothing like where I used to work. Because of being short staffed, I had to feed the inmates meals, because there's no such things as trustees. I had to pass out meds to inmates, because of no nurse. I had to do laundry, linen exchange and commissary. I worked 6 eight hr days, then would get 3 off, unless I was called at home to go in. I never had a regular schedule, due to my lt. or capt. calling me and saying, instead of working days tomorrow, come in for evenings. It was really hard to make any plans. For overtime you were paid comp time only, and then when you put in for comp time, you were denied. When I got hired, I was issued 2 pants and 2 shirts and a coat which were hand me downs. I had to buy all my duty gear and my owm weapon, because it's mandatory to carry. Sarasota wasn't so bad after all. :)

05-04-2007, 08:31 PM
yes we do have a x8 outfit and yes there is always soemting better. i agree and tu for the psot. i made money last year and got treated well, life is good. stay positive and safe

05-04-2007, 08:32 PM
grass is not always greener????? no kidding, you went to wyoming!! you had to do all that extra stuff with no nurses or trustees?? how many employees does this sheriffs office have? 9? hahahaha. population of the county?? 143??? maybe a couple of moose. hahahahahah
< edited out by mod 24 >

05-06-2007, 02:06 AM
To the first responder! I'm glad to hear that things are going well. As far as the other responsder goes, I think that was funny as heck :lol: We had approx. 20 deputies working in a jail that held up to 78 inmates. I know it's not near what you have :) The point I was trying to make, is that your jail is better, hands down :) As far as population goes, I live in a town of 9000 people :lol: We just don't have moose, but we have, deer, antalope, elk, grizzly bear, mountain goat, mountain lion, birds, bees, cowboys, indians and much more, but I don't want to be typing for the rest of the night :lol: The thing I like the most is when a baseball game comes on at 9pm in florida, it's 7pm here :lol:

05-06-2007, 11:48 AM
To the first responder! I'm glad to hear that things are going well. As far as the other responsder goes, I think that was funny as heck :lol: We had approx. 20 deputies working in a jail that held up to 78 inmates. I know it's not near what you have :) The point I was trying to make, is that your jail is better, hands down :) As far as population goes, I live in a town of 9000 people :lol: We just don't have moose, but we have, deer, antalope, elk, grizzly bear, mountain goat, mountain lion, birds, bees, cowboys, indians and much more, but I don't want to be typing for the rest of the night :lol: The thing I like the most is when a baseball game comes on at 9pm in florida, it's 7pm here :lol:
well Hell....that makes it all worth staying then....it doesn't get much better than that buddy :D

05-06-2007, 11:23 PM
yes try working for venice or bpd , holmes beach etc. it is all good here and i have no trouble paying the bills. bring on 12hr shifts :D

05-07-2007, 01:25 AM
What is wrong is bbpd?