PDA

View Full Version : Good Cop or Fall Guy; You Be The Judge

Paparazzi LEO
05-04-2007, 12:29 AM
Scenario:

1. A deputy sees a vehicle traveling 28 miles per hour over the speed limit (63 in a 35).

2. The deputy conducts a traffic stop and obtains the license, registration and insurance. The driver is alone in the car.

3. The driver tells the deputy that her dad had a heart attack and he is in the hospital. This is the reason for the speed.

4. The deputy returns to his car and begins to write her a ticket.

5. Three minutes into the traffic stop and while the deputy is still in the car, the driver places the car into Drive and takes off.

6. The deputy calls out on the radio that he is now in a pursuit that the driver is fleeing the scene.

7. Using his emergency lights and siren the driver stops the vehicle after leading the deputy on a brief chase through a parking lot.

8. When the vehicle stops the deputy gets out and goes up to the driver and orders the driver out of the car.

9. Refusing to get out, the deputy opens the car door but the vehicle is still in drive and begins to move forward.

10. The deputy orders the driver to put the car in park then removes the driver from the car and handcuffs the driver.

11. Back-up units arrive and no further problem is encountered, the driver is taken to jail for Fleeing and eluding, resisting arrest without violence and issued a speeding ticket.

Now do you see anything wrong with this? Is this not what we do, have done and will continue to do in situations like this? In fact, once the driver fled the traffic stop, they have now committed a felony. Did this deputy act improperly? You be the judge…

Conclusion:

1. The driver that was stopped is the wife of a prominent business person in the local community and has long support ties to the Sheriff’s office.

2. All charges against the driver were dropped and the deputy was given a 5 day suspension for using excessive force and not using good judgment.

3. His agency said that he should have been compassionate and called the E.R. to verify her story then let her go.

4. The deputy should not have chased her when she fled the traffic stop or arrested her for same.

The media is only showing parts of the deputy’s on-board camera and not telling the whole story. To view the news story and then watch the full dash-cam video, click on the link below and YOU BE THE JUDGE!

http://www.abcactionnews.com/mediacente ... ayport.com (http://www.abcactionnews.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoid=1167@wfts.dayport.com,1155@wfts .dayport.com)

Paradise
05-04-2007, 03:56 AM
Ok I will be the first to respond to this thread.

Unless there are certain facts that are still undisclosed, I believe the video speaks for itself. This deputy acted as any deputy would.

I have seen this same scenario countless times and each time it was handled in the same manner. This deputy, in my opinion, did nothing wrong and once again the citizen has no one to blame but their self. If she had a problem with the deputy for using his discretion to issue a ticket then she could have exercised several options; wait until the ticket was issued then called for his supervisor, wait till the next day to file a formal complaint or anything but not leave the scene!

Once she takes off, she has committed a felony crime and now all bets are off. At this point the deputy does not know why she is fleeing and can only react accordingly. She took it to the next level not the deputy. His actions were only reactive based on the escalation of the crime. In fact, when the driver stopped and refused to exit the car, the deputy had every right to use a taser on her. He chose not to and instead removes her from the car in which she was not harmed nor did he use more force than necessary to take her into custody.

Based on the information I have seen I believe he is the political fall guy and shame on his agency for not standing behind his lawful actions. They also have a union and so much for all the dues that deputy pays each month. This is another example of why unions are worthless in this state. (Look at what is being said on the Hillsborough message board)

Bottom line, all this does is create doubt among law enforcement officers when having to make split second decisions. Justice is not served and the hesitation to react that this situation creates will only cost another officer their life… all because of political pressure.

If someone has a different view on this please share it.

05-04-2007, 04:55 AM
Clearly Deputy Stabin made extremely bad decisions on this stop. Why didn't he just keep her license and follow her into the hospital to verify her story?(or give her the 40 yard ride to the ER to verify the story) That would have been the correct thing to do. Instead, Deputy Stabin conducted the stop like a robotic drone (license, registration, and insurance). Deputy Stabin has no common sense whatsoever! He seems to be the type of cop whose whole identity is being a cop. That is pathetic! Guys like him think they are GOD because they have a badge and a gun. Obviously, Deputy Stabin made many errors on this stop. Luckily, he'll ONLY have 5 days to think about what a D!CK he was! My opinion is he should have received a longer suspension! The department should also mandate that he go to anger management classes to deal with his temper! As a cop myself, I was embarrassed and ashamed with the way Deputy Stabin handled himself. By the way, I watched this video with 8 other cops and we all agree that the Deputy's actions were stupid and embarrassing! That is 100% AGAINST Deputy Stabin's actions, so NO we all don't support him on this. I'll leave you with this...just because you are a cop doesn't mean you cease to be human. Use your heads and remember why you got into this job in the first place!

05-04-2007, 11:35 AM
Guest, your really a cop? I find that difficult to believe. Calling another cop a D!CK. How many different excuses have you been given by people speeding. Oh, I'm sorry officer, this is not my car. OR, I was on the phone arguing with my husband/wife and was'nt paying attention, etc. etc.

You must know D/S Stabin pretty well. You say he has no common sense. Guys like him think they are GOD. I guess you have never been in that situation before.

Support him or not. In the big picture, he did nothing wrong. He is getting punished and she is not.

05-04-2007, 02:27 PM
I for one never decided that just because someone isnt wearing a badge and gun like me, that they were a liar. Use your head, think how you'd feel in a situation like that. Keep her DL, follow her to the hospital, hell even offer her a ride. Seems the "ten pound badge, size 3 hat" syndrome has taken over here. Why is it that too many of my co-workers think that everyone other than them is subhuman or a liar? You people need to grow up and rediscover that you wont allways be in that gray uniform. One day you'll not be wearing it and I hope the remainders will not be treating you this way.

05-04-2007, 03:43 PM
How many times have we all stopped someone who lied about a family member being hurt, in trouble, suicidal, and many more I can't even remember? I've heard every excuse in the book as to why someone was speeding. I fully support this deputy and feel that he did nothing wrong. 5 days off for performing his duties? LUDACRIS!

Now for the news story; at the end, the reporter stated that "technically, she violated the law." OK, next time I do something wrong or against policy, I guess it will be OK for me to make up some excuse and tell everyone that the sheriff's office should be more empathetic. Crap, what's next...

05-04-2007, 04:15 PM
"Clearly Deputy Stabin made extremely bad decisions on this stop. Why didn't he just keep her license and follow her into the hospital to verify her story?(or give her the 40 yard ride to the ER to verify the story) That would have been the correct thing to do. Instead, Deputy Stabin conducted the stop like a robotic drone (license, registration, and insurance). Deputy Stabin has no common sense whatsoever! He seems to be the type of cop whose whole identity is being a cop. That is pathetic! Guys like him think they are GOD because they have a badge and a gun. Obviously, Deputy Stabin made many errors on this stop. Luckily, he'll ONLY have 5 days to think about what a D!CK he was! My opinion is he should have received a longer suspension! The department should also mandate that he go to anger management classes to deal with his temper! As a cop myself, I was embarrassed and ashamed with the way Deputy Stabin handled himself. By the way, I watched this video with 8 other cops and we all agree that the Deputy's actions were stupid and embarrassing! That is 100% AGAINST Deputy Stabin's actions, so NO we all don't support him on this. I'll leave you with this...just because you are a cop doesn't mean you cease to be human. Use your heads and remember why you got into this job in the first place!"

To the person who authored this:

You MAY have a gun and badge, but you are no cop.You are some liberal snatch who has no business on the streets.She was driving too fast and was stopped, she then fled(FELONY, in case you did not know that), then she resisted Deputy(also a crime, in case you did not know that)Considering he could have been hurt when the car rolled, he used the appropriate amount of force.If anyone was wrong, it was HER.She should have just accepted her ticket, went on to see her father, then contested it at a later date.Bottom line, she should still have the charges against her and the Deputy should not have that stain on his file for doing his job.Sounds like Tampa needs a new Sheriff.

Curios George
05-04-2007, 04:53 PM
Bravo for that statement Guest! You are correct, the author should not be in law enforcement and he has lost all sense of his responsibilities as a deputy.

To say that Deputy Stabins was wrong is beyond comprehension. To say that he should have followed her to the E.R. to verify her story…Maybe, but that would require her to remain at the scene long enough for the deputy to run her D.L and verify who he was dealing with. Three minutes from the time he walked back to his car until the time she fled was not long enough. SHE escalated the situation not him. Paradise is right; the deputy was forced to react to her actions. He reacted appropriately!

It is NOT our job to verify every story that is told to us. IF we decide that there are extenuating circumstances then that is fine BUT we need to verify who that person is first AND make sure there are no warrants. All of these actions will protect us and help add credibility to her story. Without a doubt it is the deputy’s traffic stop, he has control over the situation and he will be the judge if he chooses to verify her story or not. It is not her choice.

I can not believe that his agency has done this to him. What a disgrace and you are right, THEY need a new Sheriff!! To sell a deputy out for political pressure or gain is absolutely treason to his men and women…POOR, POOR LEADERSHIP!!!

Where is his union in his defense…what a joke and waste of money that is but I guess some have to learn from situations like this that they are all smoke and mirrors looking to pad their pockets with cheap talk of unity. Yea Right…

Deputy Stabins needs to quit that agency that sold him out and come work for us!

05-04-2007, 05:18 PM
THIS MORON DEFINITELY WORKED FOR THE CCSO'S TRAFFIC UNIT AT ONE POINT IN HIS CAREER!!!!!!!!!!!dONNY AND HIS LOVERS THINK THIS GUY DID NOTHING WORNG............IDIOT GEORGE, YOU DON'T HAVE TO LOOK VERY FAR FOR POOR LEADERSHIP......YOU'RE MOST LIKELY PART OF IT!!!!!!!AND IF YOU ARE, AND YOU THINK THAT dONNY AND YOU GUYS SUPPORT YOUR MEN I NEEED TO CHANGE YOUR NAME TO DUMB GEORGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Curios George
05-04-2007, 05:29 PM
THIS MORON DEFINITELY WORKED FOR THE CCSO'S TRAFFIC UNIT AT ONE POINT IN HIS CAREER!!!!!!!!!!!dONNY AND HIS LOVERS THINK THIS GUY DID NOTHING WORNG............IDIOT GEORGE, YOU DON'T HAVE TO LOOK VERY FAR FOR POOR LEADERSHIP......YOU'RE MOST LIKELY PART OF IT!!!!!!!AND IF YOU ARE, AND YOU THINK THAT dONNY AND YOU GUYS SUPPORT YOUR MEN I NEEED TO CHANGE YOUR NAME TO DUMB GEORGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hahahaah CUBS, I know who you are! After running your gator about not wanting to write tickets on a traffic detail and only issuing KILO's...YUP I remeber that and was a part of it.... You were a Lazy deputy then and you still are. You said you did not want to write tickets because you did not want to go to court... I know this as fact because I heard you say it, not once but many times on the details.

I see that the high temp for your area today is only 63 degrees... that sucks :D

05-04-2007, 06:04 PM
To Georgy, guest, and Parasite...you guys CLEARLY DO NOT BELONG IN LAW ENFORCEMENT!!! What Stabins did was wrong and you all SHOULD know that! He could have and should have used better judgement which he didn't do! For you three clowns to stand up for him is embarassing. But then again I expected you clowns to stick up for him because of the moronic posts you all have made. You guys come on here acting holier than thou about nailing cops for speeding but then you stick up for a hot head who CLEARLY used bad judgement! How hard would it had been for him to verify the woman's story? Oh yah, Georgy says it's not our job to verify her story. Isn't that what we Police Officer's do you idiot? That's right, I forgot, everything is black and white with you Georgy! There are no gray areas in law enforcement right sport? If you idiots EVER did that to me or my family, you would have been cuffed to the cage of your cruiser with your pants pulled down around your ankles! And to the guest questioning whether I am a cop...Yes I am! I am a proud member of THE NEW YORK STATE POLICE!!! I have been on the job many more years than you rookies put together and I have the respect of my peers and the public alike! You know why I have that respect? Because I treat people with respect and I haven't forhotten that I AM STILL HUMAN unlike you robot drones! Feel free to insult me and bore me with you mindless banter. The fact remains that he was suspended and he desrevd to be! He should have gotten 30 days as far as I'm concerned!

05-04-2007, 07:03 PM
Cubs1615 was a great asset to the CCSO. He had a tremendous knowledge of the street and a great rapport with those who would talk. Donny finally ran him off when he didn't get an apology not in green crayon.

We miss you cubs.

05-04-2007, 07:34 PM
To Georgy, guest, and Parasite...you guys CLEARLY DO NOT BELONG IN LAW ENFORCEMENT!!! What Stabins did was wrong and you all SHOULD know that! He could have and should have used better judgement which he didn't do! For you three clowns to stand up for him is embarassing. But then again I expected you clowns to stick up for him because of the moronic posts you all have made. You guys come on here acting holier than thou about nailing cops for speeding but then you stick up for a hot head who CLEARLY used bad judgement! How hard would it had been for him to verify the woman's story? Oh yah, Georgy says it's not our job to verify her story. Isn't that what we Police Officer's do you idiot? That's right, I forgot, everything is black and white with you Georgy! There are no gray areas in law enforcement right sport? If you idiots EVER did that to me or my family, you would have been cuffed to the cage of your cruiser with your pants pulled down around your ankles! And to the guest questioning whether I am a cop...Yes I am! I am a proud member of THE NEW YORK STATE POLICE!!! I have been on the job many more years than you rookies put together and I have the respect of my peers and the public alike! You know why I have that respect? Because I treat people with respect and I haven't forhotten that I AM STILL HUMAN unlike you robot drones! Feel free to insult me and bore me with you mindless banter. The fact remains that he was suspended and he desrevd to be! He should have gotten 30 days as far as I'm concerned!

THE NEW YORK STATE POLICE!!! Thats the pot calling the kettle black!

The only state that I know of that has gone bankrupt and had to have the federal government bail them out. You guys are no ball of fire. Then you come down here flashing your "Shield" as if it was some sort of Force Field. Why are you even looking at our forum? Thinking of moving down here when you retire?...No thanks. I will take Dep Stabins as my back up all day long than have you working for us. At least I know he will want to work and I won't have to sit around picking up your calls and hearing about how you did it up north.

Gee when would you have followed her to the E.R.? After she fled the scene and you had to go looking for her. You guys are a joke. You never hear about a police pursuit from the NYSP.

By the way, your comments about us doing this to your family are weak threats. You know if you come down here you WILL follow the laws of our state! If not we will enforce those laws legally and you will sit back and flash your force field as we laugh and tell you to press hard or watch your head.

Thanks for making my day and telling me where you work, now go troll on someone else's board.

05-04-2007, 08:21 PM
Cupid you are the biggest joke for a cop that I have ever seen. Since when have you ever heard the name collier county sheriffs office mentioned in the same breath as THE NEW YORK STATE POLICE!!! NEVER! You know why you haven't? Because we Troopers are the elite police force in the country and you are nothing but a county donkey! Don't believe it...look it it clown! I guarantee you would NEVER be able to become one of THE ELITE because you couldn't hack it! So you stay down there in redneckville making zero money living in your trailer while I live in my 4200 square foot house with my hota$$ wife counting my $107,000 dollar paycheck I received this year! As for your threat about giving me a ticket...only pu$$ies, RATS and rookies write cops so which one are you huh? I say all three! And by the way, I am going to retire to ARUBA NOT $hitty a$$ collier county. Where is that anyway? I pity you son! Peace out sucker :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

05-04-2007, 08:23 PM
Oh and by the way cupid...how long have you been a county donkey? 2, 3 years at the most?

05-04-2007, 08:32 PM
I found it...you guys patrol a SWAMP!!!! Unbelievable...yah you guys are elite....NOT :oops:

05-04-2007, 08:38 PM
Well Mr. Elite, while you’re shoveling snow, we rednecks are hitting the beaches with your women from New York who never complain about returning to our trailers and making their vacations worth while.

Where do you think the term “The South will Rise again” came from?

Love,
Cupid

Ten8hotel
05-04-2007, 09:34 PM
Easy cupid, let's respond to irresponsible comments with restraint and professional attitudes even when we're off duty. The comments made may have a back story or the poster may be enjoying adult beverages while typing.
I just watched the entire video trying to view it as if I were the deputy conducting the stop. I have some opinions already but I want to let it settle for a little while before I post them. This way I can give a brief opinion based on some pondering rather than shooting from the hip. Not that anyone will be sitting on pins and needles waiting for the Ten8hotel's two cents.

05-04-2007, 10:24 PM
So answer the question cupid. How long have you been a donkey?

05-04-2007, 10:48 PM
As ten8hotel reminded me I will keep this professional, short and sweet.

I am not going to waste my time debating with you. You do not work for our agency or even live in our state. As far as I am concerned, you are a troll looking to stir the pot.

Good luck to ya pal!

05-04-2007, 11:05 PM
Ok good luck patrolling in the swamp! :oops: I'll be off doing real police work!

05-05-2007, 02:41 AM
guest from new yorrk state police --- why not mind your own business? True the ccso has its problems and those of us here do disagree from time to time. I know a bit about the NYSP. it is much like the CCSO --- both honorable agencies doing the same job. NYSP is much more full of graft and... anyhow you should go to work cleaning up the mess up there and leave the CCSO including its 2 to 3 year big mouth rookies alone. us ccso veteranns will take care of our own and our own business.

05-05-2007, 05:33 AM
Sorry retnuh..I just got a bit annoyed at the ignorance of some of the rooks you work with. You seem to be the most sane and honorable person on this site. Keep it up!

05-05-2007, 11:55 AM
NYSP,
When you drive someone to the hospital, to make sure she is telling the truth, do you stop and have a group hug with her and a tree first?...hoo ahh
Now if you will excuse me I have to change a tire on my house and skin me a gator 'cause I need me a new belt. Oh and gotta get me some new strings fer my bango, and a new washer and dryer fer the front porch. After all ain't we all just a bunch of slack jawed, mouth breathing, drooling, bare foot, bango pickin', moonshine makin' backward ass, inbred rednecks?.....ya'll come back now...ya hear?

05-05-2007, 01:21 PM
To zonedrone AKA Hollywood Marine...She was already at the hospital you idiot! Reading comprehension is not your strong point son.

Paradise
05-05-2007, 03:23 PM
Sorry retnuh..I just got a bit annoyed at the ignorance of some of the rooks you work with. You seem to be the most sane and honorable person on this site. Keep it up!

I think I am going to vomit... :roll:

The problem here is that if you say Stabins did not do a good job then that just tells me you have very little experience doing traffic stops and you have never been on a stop where after you made contact with the driver they fled the scene. You meant to tell me you did not give chase and you did not 1015 the driver later for fleeing? Unbelievable....

It's clear who was trained up north and who was trained elsewhere!

05-05-2007, 04:33 PM
Guys and Gals,
Lets not argue among ourselves.
The fact remains, she was speeding!!!!!!!! It makes no difference the reason, I've never seen a statute that says its illegal to speed, unless your relative is in the hospital.
The deputy in this situation acted correctly, what if she had been a wanted felon, then the administration would be singing the praises of their staff for being so alert. She commited a felony though and higher ups should look into the reasons the charges were dropped. Maybe they should drop a dime on the SA and have him investigated. If I were the deputy, I think I would consider retaining an attorney against the department.

05-05-2007, 05:14 PM
Parasite...You are a rookie aren't you son! Why don't you tell me how much time you have on. I'm guessing 3 years MAX! You are correct when you assume I was trained up north. I was also trained down south too. I was a cop in Florida but I wised up and moved up north where I immediately made $25,000 dollars more a year than I made down in Florida.(And the cost of living is even less up here than down there) The funny thing is...I applied at a few agencies up here and I would have had to go back to the academy because as I was told and I quote"the quality of training and police officers down south is mediocre". At first I was pi$$ed off because I had to go to the academy again with a bunch of young kids but...Guess what parasite...they were right! The training is so much more intense and in depth up here than it is down there! I guess that's why they pay us so much and you so little. And one more thing, a guy I know who was a cop down south COULD NOT get a job up here. What does that tell you tough guy? Lastly, I have been in more pursuits than you, georgy, and cupid put together. The funny thing is, you guys think that Stabins little low speed, 200 yard, lights and siren stop was a pursuit. :oops: That's hilarious and we are all laughing at you rookies as I type. Come up north little redneck boy! We'll show you how to be a real cop! :lol:

Paradise
05-05-2007, 05:41 PM
This year will make my 16th year as a Deputy Sheriff.

Could Be is correct with his post!

After reading your post, I still want to vomit!!

P.S.
I know it must be hard to be a part of such a great thing up north but have no message board to call your own. If you will just ask MOD1, I am sure they will create your own message board for New York cops. This way you can still feel like your apart of something without having to Troll on subpar agencies that have their own message board.

It's hell to have an identity but no place to put it.

05-05-2007, 07:15 PM
I.G, YOU'RE A QUICK ONE!!!!IT ONLY TOOK YOU TWO WEEKS TO FIGURE OUT WHO I WAS. I AM NOT LIKE YOU, HIDING BEHIND SOME STUPID NAME. I WANT EVERYONE TO KNOW WHO I AM. FOR THE FIRST TIME, YOU WERE ALMOST RIGHT. WHY TRAVEL TO AND FROM COURT AND GET PAID ONLY FOR THE FIFTEEN MINUTES YOU'RE THERE!! I DON'T KNOW HOW IT IS NOW BUT BACK THEN IF YOU WERE IN COURT FIFTEEN MINUTES YOU GOT PAID FOR FIFTEEN MINUTES!!!!!!AS FOR MY UNION NOW, FOUR HOURS PAID FOR FIFTEEN MINUTES. DON'T GO THERE....SOME OF US HAVE A GREAT UNION WITH A GREAT CONTRACT. AND LEADERS THAT ARE FROM THE RANKS WHO HAVEN'T FORGOTTEN WHERE THEY CAME FROM. (SORRY ABOUT ENDING IN A PREPOSITION)

AS FAR AS BEING LAZY, YOU ARE THE FIRST TO EVER CALL ME THAT IN A WORK CAPACITY. I DON'T EVEN NEED TO ADDRESS IT BECAUSE ALL THE GUYS THAT KNOW 1615 AND ARE READING THIS KNOW THE LAST THING I WAS WAS LAZY!! IT'S NO SECRET I'D RATHER BE ON THE STREET CHASING JOSH HOLLAND THAN WITH YOU WRITING GRANDMA A TICKET FOR MAKING AN ILLEGAL RIGHT TURN ON RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE SACRIFICE OF 63 OR 6 DEGREES FOR THAT MATTER VERSUS WORKING FOR dONNY AND YOU RATS IS WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!!GIVE UP, YOU'RE NOT GOOD AT THIS, YOUR MATERIAL SUCKS AND YOUR POINTS ARE MOOT. AT LEAST CHANGE YOUR NAME!!!!!!!!

AND FOR THE BROTHER WHO MENTIONED THE GREEN CRAYON..........THAT WAS FUNNY...........I FORGOT ABOUT THAT ONE!! BE SAFE.

05-05-2007, 07:58 PM
To zonedrone AKA Hollywood Marine...She was already at the hospital you idiot! Reading comprehension is not your strong point son.

Uhhhh....duuuuhhh...you are right I am an idiot...thanks for pointing that out........have you seen my baseball?...........Whats your point...you probably think he should have called to verify the story, given her a hug and sent her on her way. Maybe I'll just start calling people names on this board. No I won't, because that would make me what you are, a coward.

05-05-2007, 08:05 PM
I had to post again because it was so politely pointed out to me I have a problem with reading comprehension. Who is Hollywood Marine?

05-05-2007, 08:39 PM
Ok I'm done with you deliverance boys! Have fun patrolling a swamp! Exactly what is the speed limit of an airboat on the swamp water anyway? Mama says foozball is the devil!

05-06-2007, 02:37 AM
some people have 16 yaers of experience and some people have one year of it 16 times. then again there are people who have been around `16 years and still think and act like roookies waiting for there FTO or their captain to tell them how to think and act. guest from NYSP was right a few hundred yards is not a pursuitt. i have been in a situation like the dep in question a couple times once involvin a doctor going to an ermergency. FSS does make some exceptions but its a tricky situation when the driver has an attitude and emotions are runnning high. i would not judge the dep in question good or bad as i dont have enough of the facts. you guys who just saw a video or the news story cmon, how often do we ***** about others for makin jugments about us from the same lack of facts or underrstanding?

05-06-2007, 02:57 AM
Surprise, surprise..the moderator deleted yet another one of my posts. What's the matter MOD? Can't stand to hear the truth or someone else's point of view? That's ok...I won't come on here anymore to give my opinion to you guys because you can't handle hearing something you don't agree with. It's clear that you want to take away people's right to freedom of speech. Clearly, I did not violate any rules of this board but you chose to delete them anyway. Good luck in the swamp chasing ladies through hospital parking lots!!!! :lol:

05-06-2007, 03:03 AM
Just kidding mod...I'm just playing with ya! You are doing a good job!

05-06-2007, 07:53 AM
Hey NYSP Trooper, Since you speak in such disregard for our agency. Let me ask you one question that should put it all to rest.........When was the last time someone killed one of our own and we let them walk away???? Hmmm no let me ask you the same? Trooper Joseph Anthony Longobardo....................No need to reply Troop. Why not just stay and do your Highway Gig and keep stopping NYPD cops going to and from work and giving them a rashing of crap like you always do. Peace Out.

mod 167
05-06-2007, 09:24 AM
Surprise, surprise..the moderator deleted yet another one of my posts. What's the matter MOD? Can't stand to hear the truth or someone else's point of view? That's ok...I won't come on here anymore to give my opinion to you guys because you can't handle hearing something you don't agree with. It's clear that you want to take away people's right to freedom of speech. Clearly, I did not violate any rules of this board but you chose to delete them anyway. Good luck in the swamp chasing ladies through hospital parking lots!!!! :lol:

If I delete a post I leave your screen name and the time and date stamp. I then place a copy of the rules in the place of the deleted post. I do this to allow everyone a chance to see that you did reply but it was not within the terms of use. The only time I delete everything is if a thread is posted that violates the rules. In those cases once the thread is deleted then there is nothing left to indicate that.

As I said before, I do not like deleting anything but I am forced to sometimes. In your case, nothing was deleted. Maybe your posts were under another thread and not this one?

As far as what you post it does not matter to me as long as it is within the rules. I remain nuetral at all times! My job is to moderate, not to judge.

Mod 167

05-06-2007, 02:37 PM
Hey swamp hunter...I won't get involved in a debate with you over something that should not be discussed. You should be ashamed of yourself for even bringing something like that up. For your information, look up how many on duty deaths for your PD and answer the question for yourself. If you knew the answer, you wouldn't have posted such a moronic and insensitive post.

05-06-2007, 03:47 PM
You were the one bringing up the insults about about patroling a swamp. I am reminded of the phrase, ' If you can't take the heat"? Well you know the rest.
The fact remains if the persons posting the insults are really cops, what are you doing in uniform? I don't give a hairy rats arse about where you are from or your unions or anything else, if you are really an LEO, shut up with insults and stand ready to help your felllow brothers no matter their standing. If there is not enough of us in our own jurisdictions to effectively handle daily problems, then on a nationwide level there sure a hell isn't enough.
And no, this isn't a cheerleader speaking. Plain common sense is talking. If we can't support each other, then we are in dire straights. The reason we have so much crap from the public and administrators is because as these boards suggest, you have several with a teenagers mentality that don't give a crap about anything but themselves.
Pull together or let go of the rope.

05-06-2007, 05:00 PM
There is a big difference between posting facts about patrolling a swamp (which you do) and making light of a dead Trooper! Post all you want about what you think of THE NEW YORK STATE POLICE but DO NOT disgrace a fallen Trooper/Cop with moronic comments such as the one made by swampmonkey!

05-06-2007, 06:13 PM
One question
What do YOU know about me? You state I patrol a swamp. How do you know what I do. I could be an LEO from Germany for all you know. And where did the poster disgrace a trooper? You must be from the NYSPD. Its the same with all troopers, they think they are the best of the best no matter the state. Well I'm here to tell you friend, all departments have their problems and all departments are the SAME! We all do the same job no matter the agency. What I'm calling for is an end to the BS and the unprofessional comments from the people using the boards. Can you imagine the impact LEOs would have if we bonded together from all over the US? We've all seen it though everyone gets into a pissing contest so they can be called number one. I could care less who's number one. I can be last on the list as long as we all are treated equally.

05-12-2007, 01:44 AM
As you can tell by my name I am a civilian. I however did spend time in the Army as a MP.
GUEST,I do not believe for a minute that you are truly a cop and if you are you better wake up!!!!
I saw the vido and the cop was 100% right!!!!!!!!!!!!
Her father was at the hospital and recieving care. There was no reasion for her to drive that fast or to flee. She was not a Dr. and was not needed for his care. If she had just sat there and did as she should have, she would have been on her way within minutes.
When my oldest son was 11months old and was having a life threatening sezuire (my ex-husband was a deputy and was driving) we did not drive that much over the speed limit.

I'm sorry, but people die every day, every minute, every second and they will continue to do so until the end of time.
Therefore, this is not a reason to break the law.
This is all her fault and I am appaulled that the officers department did not stand be hind him. He should look for a job someplace else.

Paradise
05-12-2007, 04:32 AM
Bravo civilian 42, well said!!! It is nice to see a civilian point of view and encouraging to hear them said the way you did...Thank you!

05-12-2007, 11:18 AM
Ditto

05-12-2007, 10:31 PM
I would realy like to see some public out cry about what has been done to the deputy.
Could some one please tell me what county this happened in. I can not remember.
I would like to send the sheriff a nice little note. :twisted:

Guest, remember (if you are realy a cop) that everytime you put on that uniform and pin on that badge, you have just made yourself a target for every crazy person in the world. You need to keep both eyes open at all times. You can not be a bleeding heart. You must be fair and just, but not stuped!

Guys, My God bless you and keep you all safe!!!! :D

05-12-2007, 11:16 PM
It happened in Hillsborough County (Tampa). You should read their message board. It is a disgrace that their command staff are posting messages validating their actions :(

05-13-2007, 12:45 AM
Thanks

05-13-2007, 02:50 PM
Civilian 42...I can assure you that I am indeed a cop. So unless you are a cop yourself, please do not tell me how to do my job. I am well aware that there are crazy people in the world willing to kill a cop. Unfortunately for me, I ran into one of them one night and I was critically injured because some $hitbag decided he didn't like cops. Did this incident make me full of anger and hate? Yes it did BUT I got over that anger and hate and realized that there are far more GOOD people in this world than BAD! That being said, I have been doing this job long enough to recognize a threat from a non threat. The Deputy in question conducted the stop like a robot, used bad Officer safety techniques, and lost his cool. Had the Deputy handles things differently at the beginning, we wouldn't be having this discussion. I'm sure he is a good guy but he made a mistake and he's paying for it. Nothing more nothing less.

05-13-2007, 09:07 PM
I have been a cop for over twenty years and still dont see the reason that the younger guys have this "the world against us" disease going on. There but for the grace of God go you one day. Hopefully, one day you wont be headed somewhere in hurry to get to one of your family and you get stopped. Due to your training and exposure to things like this, you probably wont act like the lady in the video did, but a family member of yours just might panic. If the shoe were on the other foot and ANY officer treated your daughter or son like this guy did, you'd be peed bad. Granted she should have had better judgement, but she was in a panic. Are we so calloused that we can understand that and learn to stop being robots. Thats what causes the public to hate us. The law is the law and unchangeable, but PC is a relative term. You choose to make the issue a PC situation,,you dont HAVE to unless its a felony. Where's officer discretion anymore,,may the Sheriff has taken that with everything else.

05-13-2007, 10:00 PM
i am new. i am unsure about what he did. i have no opinion on it.

05-14-2007, 02:30 AM
Guest23 I agree. I think the traffic unit should use common sense too. Why in the world are they jamming up patrol cars for speeding when they have bigger and better things to deal with. I am a little off topic, but this is the CCSO message board so I will continue to make it relative to our agency. I also think the traffic unit needs to get off their high horse and start acting like real cops. They need (not all of them, but most) to man up and stop trying to screw over their own unless justified. I have heard way too many stories lately and it disgust me to know that our traffic unit is screwing their own guys over. Some people are so set at promotion in this agency that they will do whatever it takes to achieve a higher ranking, even if it means screwing us cops over. It is so bad in there they are looking at losing their best traffic offier to another agency because of low blow crap. I can tell you the traffic unit better not speed around me unless they are going somewhere...because I just might question their reason and pass it on to the appropriate person.

Curios George
05-14-2007, 09:27 AM
Loosing their best officer?..sorry, he left a few years ago and a few are still around. He is a hard worker and does a great job but you can not say that HE is the best. Out of the whole unit I can only count about 5 that would make the "Best" list. The rest are full of attitude with no experience to back it. But give credit where credit is due. It is tough to work in that unit and meet everyones demands. Those guys and gals work very hard and get little appreciation, including from their own supervisors. So do not judge them for following orders until you have worked in their shoes. They do not always like the assignment either.

As far as the other Guest, she did commit a Felony! Who cares what her reason was. The law does not allow for excuses. If you want to give her a handicapp for an excuse, what about the guy who robs a bank to pay the medical bills for his dying child. Everyone has an excuse. Stop judging this deputy after the fact. She chose to speed away from the stop. All bets are off from that point on. He acted within their own policy and within the law so get over it!

Grow up Guest. We should not be asking deputies (reference speeding) and the public to accept responsibility for their own actions. As you say "Man Up" for your choice of conduct and if you don't, then don't start crying like a sissy that the bad deputy enforced the law because you failed to follow it. (No matter what your excuse is)

Being a cop sometimes requires you to make tough decisions. Enforcing the law effectively will not always allow you to win a popularity contest either. That is why the public does not like us. Accept the role and responsibilty or find another profession. Better yet, I have a tree in my yard that needs hugging.

Sorry for my rant but man I am tired of hearing this Guest judge his brothers and sisters with his misguided opinions of law enforcement...

Ten8hotel
05-14-2007, 03:40 PM
Guest, stop relying on "heard of" in reference to stories about deputies jamming up other deputies and find out by fact directly. Call the accused deputy yourself and ask if he did a deed you are upset about. If you don't, then your ears are easy to fill with garbage and rumors. Remember that when your radar is on, you're also looking at your own patrol speed., for a traffic unit that means he's also looking at his patrol speed while it's forever on hard drive and DVD.

05-14-2007, 09:14 PM
i dont like it either that just anyone can post a comment on this site. too bad the CCSO doe not have an internal site like this that can only be accessed by deupties. oh wait... we did but the admin did not like it or the comments so it was esenntially done away with.

05-14-2007, 09:54 PM
I read the CCSO site. I understand why it did not work. The command staff did not have enough time in the day to keep answering the few who continued to whine and cry about stupid stuff. The few who abused that site with their redundant and childish questions took a great idea and spoiled it from those of who actually posted responsible and mature questions. Those questions were answered by the staff and the site worked for which it was intended for.

As far as this site, it is expected that we will have those type of people posting here and therefore more people are tollerant of the few who like to brainwash others with a single thought or position.

05-14-2007, 11:51 PM
Looks like Curios George works in the traffic unit.I have not seen you get defensive on other topics where some guest (not me) slam other units or cops. As soon as this message came out you quickly attempted to slam the guest who posted a "blow" at the traffic unit. And for your information, I do not typically leave messages as guest. Remember, anyone out there can leave postings under the name "guest." I have a screen name as Guest10.

JulieAnna
05-15-2007, 01:19 AM
I don't understand why there are people out there who really feel that the deputy made a mistake by doing what he did. I am not Certified so bare that in mind when you read this response. Had the woman waited another 2-5 minutes, she would have had her ticket and been on her way to see her family member. Saying that what she did is okay, is wrong. I had to drive my daughter (who was 2 at the time) to the ER with her toe hanging off and bleeding like crazy. I didn't run any lights or speed in order to get her there. This lady didn't have her family member in the car and therefore had no reason to break as many laws as she did. Its understandable to be upset when a family member is in trouble or hurting in some way or another but come on...COMMON SENSE should have told her to just sit and wait till the deputy was done. She could have fought the ticket later if necessary. Notice that COMMON SENSE is in BOLD!

05-15-2007, 01:39 AM
i am stupid, and i apologize

JulieAnna
05-15-2007, 01:43 AM
HUH? Why do you say that?

DevilDogg
05-15-2007, 03:25 AM
Julie, that was just some knucklehead trying to demean CuriosGeorge.

05-15-2007, 03:29 AM
He said that because he feels bad for jumping down the throat of a hard working cop. He only showed his true position, which is in the traffic unit. Notice he never gets upset unless someone bad mouths the traffic unit. Where was Curios George when people were slamming other units and other districts? I will tell you this. I respect all cops, whether on patrol or on the traffic unit. I still feel some cops need to remember that there are bad guys out there that need to be dealt with. We are not bad guys, and we do not intentionally do bad things. There will always be your dirty cops and bad apples. Just remember, 99.8% of CCSO are good people trying to do the right thing. We don't need the bad guys and our own agency members against us. We have criminals to deal with. How about giving cops the benifit of the doubt in cases, like you would your own family. JulieAnna, thank you for supporting our mission. I saw you on the ride-a-long and believe you are one of the 99.8%. God Bless You All.

JulieAnna
05-15-2007, 03:30 AM
How retarded...The real Curios George is far from stupid. He is actually very intelligent and appears to really care about the people around him. Maybe the imposter should get some pointers from the real Curios George on how to be a productive member of society.

05-15-2007, 03:32 AM
Ut oh. I am sorry about my last posting as it was partially directed at Curios George. I think the beers have caused me to overlook that an idiot has responded as a "near miss" to his name. The rest of my comment still stands.

JulieAnna
05-15-2007, 03:44 AM
Thanks Guest. I appreciate that.

Curios George
05-15-2007, 09:24 AM
I am a registered member of the this site so unless you see my profile and avatar, it is an imposter who tries in vain to mimick me :) Thanks to all that came to my defense in reference to the copy cat.

For the record, I am not in the traffic unit. As for what set me off, it was not about the traffic unit but about the amount of times that a "Guest" posts comments that I believe are not professional and aim to undermine our agency, deputies and the dedication to those who chose to follow the rules. I stand behind my post and the thoughts and opinions expressed.

There are so many people who post under the "Guest" option that one can not take it personal if someone replies to a "Guest". Thus, another advantage for registering a screen name. Wouldn't you agree HughJorgan? :oops: